Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Charlies died because he wanted to follow desmond premonition so the others get saved. Thats why he didnt ran off.

And for all we know , jack future flashback is like 5years in the future, It doesnt mean what we saw will be dealt with in the next season, For all we know thats what happen after the last season, (in 2010), Maybe next season it will be Jack teaming up with Ben to stop the @other other@ the one they called..

WIN!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I don't think it was terrible, but that pissed me off, mainly because it started an hour early and none of us here knew it. we sat down at 9 CST, watched, was like "Oh shit, look at all this stuff happening so fast, wtf??" then got to the end of the ep and the news was on. So I missed the entire first half. Ugh.

The future flashback(forward?) is a badass idea imo, however, I didn't really like it as a season finale. I was just expecting... more... probably because I wanted 2 hours and only saw the last half.

A question I think is when exactly is this future flash, at the very end of the show? (hence the directors saying 'why there can't be more than 48 more episodes') or is it at like season 5 and they DO go back as someone previously mentioned - but I really doubt that. I personally think that will be after they are off for good.

However - I think it would be a cool idea for the following seasons to use these future flashes for the rest of the characters, to give us an idea of what's to come and to have us be like wtf happened to them to bring about that? or something.

anyway, cool stuff, yet I am not amused and this will not keep me for another 8 months. It's going to be an ugly wait. ugh.

We'll have to see next season whether they were 'rescued' as planned, because if so jack wouldn't be that unhappy. I have a strong feeling ben was right and some shit goes down before then.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The "answers" pre-game show made me feel better that the writers actually have a plan and MIGHT be able to pull something good out of the bag each season. Prior to this I can't say I had much hope for the show since it felt very "ok crap whats our hook this week?" I can really get into it if they have a master plan for the show and work it out, instead of bumbling thru it season by season, episode by episode.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I wish they had actually advertised that the first show would be an answer show. I heard about it this morning and was pissed I missed it. My family was watching American Idol BS while I was doing an online quiz for school. Had I known there was an 'answers' show, I would have done the quiz earlier and tuned in. I thought it was just last week's episode.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Charlie died only because Desmond told him how and why. After that Charlie made the choice. If Desmond had said nothing, Charlie wouldn't have killed himself. So I want to believe that the future flashbacks have something to do with Desmond. Desmond may try to convince the group not to get on the boat, and the others may destroy it. Preventing that future. It could be a rescue, but perhaps at the wrong time by the wrong people.

I liked Charlie. frown.gif He was a good guy.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Didn't Roussou say she was on a boat that crashed on the island, I thought her boat was the one with Polar Bears on it and that was teh explanation for the polar bears roaming the island.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    temple ? Jack's father is not alive.. He just said for the sake of irony..

[/ QUOTE ]
    You might be right about Jack's father...But why would he tell the chief of surgery to go get him. And I guess Jack could have used a fake perscription with his father's name on it......I guess we'll see

[/ QUOTE ]

He did not tell the chief of surgery to go get him, he said "get my father down here and see if he isn't drunker than I am." "Down here" as in he believes his father is in heaven above, drunk off his ass.

Season finale was awesome. I think they had most people believing that the end of the show would be them leaving the island and they threw us a curve ball by having them leave the island at the end of this season. Brilliant.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Charlie died for a reason. He knew that Desmond had heard that it was Penny on the comm screen and was charging into the control room with him. Charlie had to make sure that Desmond lived, so he could be told that Naomi's boat wasn't sent by Penny. If Charlie hadn't done what he did, they both might have drowned and there would be no chance of warning the rest of the Losties about Naomi's deception (of course, Locke apparently found out, but we don't know how.)

Some have said that Charlie could have easily just swum out the port hole and gotten to safety... While he might have tried, there was no way he was getting out with the entire Pacific Ocean trying to push it's way in, and even once the pressure had equalized he'd have a) had little breath left and b) a hell of a struggle squeezing through that port hole. Maybe he'd have made it, but getting the message to Desmond was more important.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know why you guys keep talking like they are already off the island. They just made contact with someone. It could be anyone. Like when Boone contacted the tailies from that drug plane. I know that Naomi dialed it, but one never knows. He never said he was on a boat. He answered everything with a question until he said he could get a lock on them. They didn't get rescued... YET.
    Also, I don't think Locke knows WHY he killed her, just that he HAD to. The 'island'/Walt told him to.

And Charlie gave Desmond the message before the water finished filling. So once the pressure equaled out, he could have tried swimming. He also had made contact before he closed that door... so he could have ran out, then closed it. Again, I know he was trying to make the prophecy/vision come true. I was just starting to like his character again too. Again, great/powerful scene.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Holy crap. That was the best episode yet, out of all the seasons. I absolutely loved it. It was one crazy adventure, and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. You guys complain too much. I'm just excited for next season.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    they threw us a curve ball by having them leave the island at the end of this season. Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you guys are coming to this conclusion. They did not get off the island this season. They contacted a boat. That was it.

I don't think they just 'get off' and it's that simple. It didn't show it, thus it didn't happen this season. What did happen was it showed us eventually that they will get off, but some serious shit happens beforehand to make jack feel the way he does afterwards. That's what we gotta learn. Among much other stuff..
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Really good episode. Really reaaally good episode. I don't have much time, I'll come back and post more.

But... don't be so sure that Kate and Sawyer stuck together. She's a criminal don't forget, if anything the person she reference to in the 'flash forward' was her parole officer, and not Sawyer/lover.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome finale episode. I cannot wait for the next few years to see where this goes.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome episode. I loved it. Makes me wish they would just make 12, 2 hour episodes per season instead of 24, 1 hour episodes. The pacing just felt 'right'. Probably why I enjoy the show much more on dvd than live.

I agree that Kate was referring to her parole officer.

I loved the Hurley scene.

Charlie chose to die because he didn't want to mess up Desmond's vision, and thus, do something for once in his life that wasn't considered a fuck up.

I believe the funeral was either Ben or Sawyer. The latter depends on how much comes between Jack and him in the following seasons.

The writers have always said there was only going to be 5 seasons. They know how it's going to end, it's just getting the characters to where they need to be is going to be the true trick. The extra content on season 1 had them say they had 5 seasons from when they first pitched the show on a napkin.

I believe the next season will be them trying to correct whatever mistake they made by calling the boat. That will be the season where i see island mysteries being solved, especially if they team up with Ben and Locke.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    There are gonna be six seasons! Three more of 16 episodes each, starting next January.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg, this season finalle cracked my skull open! it was awesome! i was screaming the whole time.
    oh man.. the future flashback totally messed me up!!1 i want more1!!!!111
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    hey guys...i thought someone pointed out here about the different seasons and what each season would be about.

Isn't next season suppose to be flipped or something like that?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Season1 -> the losties
    Season2 -> the hatch
    Season3 -> the others
    Season4 -> DHARMA?
    predict:(DHARMA is on the freighter, wanting to reclaim the island. This season will show the others+losties teaming up to fight them off)
    Season5 -> Jacob/Island?
    Season6 -> rescue & getting back?
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    next season with be jake and ben, BEST BUDS!., QUEST OF FREEDOM!< PREVENT DESTRUCTION!
  • spitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 17
    so am i the only one that doesn't think jack's flashback was real? i'm wondering if he is just imagining what life will be like when he gets home.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wonder if Jacob has anything to do with Jacob's ladder.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    it would be too lame to have the whole future flashback to be a dream/fake/what if scenario... that might be cool to confuse you for 5 minutes but im sure they wouldnt do it during an almost 2 hour lasting episode.

I think its John's funeral btw
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok..
    i was given this linnk...

http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/2008-2...topics;title;14

but im scared to look...

anyone want to see it?
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    I just skimmed through it...definite spoilers...(if it is indeed genuine)...
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg. i couldnt help it. and read the whole thing..

weeeeeeee

now i only need to watch lost to see if thats all true. ching ching
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    I wouldn't believe too much of it considering that Jacob pretty much isn't mentioned. Although some of the stuff would fit.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I don't know that I believe that. One of the comments that stood out to me is that Michael will return, but unknown about Walt. The actor that plays Michael has already stated that he has no plans to return to the show. Walt just appeared in the Finale, I would think he'd be part of a future episode also.

Not to mention that the show has already deviated from it's initial plot line, so even if this is true, it's likely to change wink.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    How legit do you think it is? I really enjoy reading theories but if it does contain actual spoilers I don't think I want to read it.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Astro: I read a few lines into it. It seems like it *could* be legit. I had to stop reading, because in the event that it is real, I don't want to ruin it.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Well its hard to say how "legit" it is as its claimed to be a leaked document.

quote:...( this quote contains no spoilers etc)

I'm pretty sure most people are gonna not believe this at first, but major plot leaks from a reliable source, whether you believe them or not. The reliable source is someone who works somehow related to the production of the show, and when the producers agreed to the deal for the show to end in 2010, they had to draw up a general plan for the show until then. Logically you would assume only a few people would have access to this, but in fact these facts came across a lot of people. So somewhere in that line of people came the reliable source, and here is me relaying it. I promise I'm not the source and i promise I'm not changing anything i've heard.

If this info has gotten to me, and consequently to you, whoever's reading, then obviously the producers will find out and may change things. I don't know. But this is just what I've found out and this is coming straight out of the plot outline the producers needed to draw up.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think some of it may be legit, but a lot isn't. It's just TOO far out there, even for LOST. I'll be happy if DHARMA is on the boat though, since I've been saying that all along laugh.gif
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    read it before, it's a bunch of crap, the writers got better stuff planned than that. plus a lot of future stuff that they mention isn't even written yet.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Official sneak peak clip from season 4
    2hr premiere next Thursday, BIATCH!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdWNhbt4ZVg

Plus new pics of the Ubisoft LOST game:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/lost/images.html
  • Matabus
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    I remember reading, when Lost first started, about how it came about.Apparently they pitched the outline of the concept and then pretty soon after, went to film the pilot. Standard affair, right?
    But that surely means they've got at least some general idea of plot line and therefore theres every possibility it could leak.

Dont know if I believe that long post though... although the main crux of it did seem to make sense with what I've seen (half way through s3.)

edit: is it me or does the game actually look decent? assuming whats released is real time (no reason why not) its a level of quality I wouldn't have expected from a tie-in.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    New Lost game comes out next month...looks fun!

Preview :

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventur...;om_clk=topslot
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slow, striff! I already posted that above smile.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Lost resumes, my life is on hold once again.

That game could take over my life if it's any good.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    The game looks good...I really can't get over those super harsh black shadows though on a bright and sunny beach :\ The meshes look great, but those shadows are meh
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wtfuckle Lost is on Thursdays now? They are afraid of American Idol!? Pffft
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh and to top it off, only 8 episodes have been filmed before the strike happened so it won't be a full season like promised.. WHY!!! frown.gif Just hold off like 24, I want to see it all not piece meal.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oh and to top it off, only 8 episodes have been filmed before the strike happened so it won't be a full season like promised.. WHY!!! frown.gif Just hold off like 24, I want to see it all not piece meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

and just as bad is that now they are only 16 episode seasons. so instead of 5 seasons total, there 6. 3 to go with 16 eps each instead of 2 w/24. frown.gif
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just hold off like 24, I want to see it all not piece meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost didn't have its star in jail laugh.gif
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn thats fackedup frown.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just hold off like 24, I want to see it all not piece meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the mentality that hurts LOST's ratings! frown.gif

I'm fine with the 16 episode seasons though. That's 16 new episodes, back to back. A 24 eps season has a few months of repeats, while hiatus takes place. I hate that. Makes it confusing to the general public. This way it's all 16, all new, no repeats.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    But like the above said, they only filmed 8 episodes...so we are gonna get a half season, or a shitload of breaks inbetween to space it out with hopes of being able to finish filming later on.

I know it isn't the cast of Lost's fault, and the fans really wanna see more, but Season 2 killed so many viewers because of all the damn breaks that is is certianly not gonna do well for the show frown.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    exactly, only 8 episodes are in the can. Regarding 24 they show all 24 episodes a new one every Sunday through out the seasons for at least the last 3 seasons of 24 with no repeats. IIRC.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    who cares as long as I get my damn fix!!

24 is for losers, we all know which Jack would win in a fair fight
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'm much more of a LOST fan but 1on1 bauer would destroy shepard
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Well 24 is only 12 right now if they air it. I have a feeling they might never air the eps of 24 they have in the can. As far as the 8 eps of Lost. I guess there is a cliffhanger built into the 8th episode. Hopefully since the Directors Guild signed a deal a few weeks ago the Writers Guild one is right around the corner.