Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    How did you guys see it already? Doesn't air for another hour yet (and thanks for the spoiler, Fusey! tongue.gif)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    lol fuse, u clearly didnt get the episode, NOOB

I liked that episode. yesyes
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    How did you guys see it already? Doesn't air for another hour yet (and thanks for the spoiler, Fusey! tongue.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Canadian Satellite, eh.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eh! That's pretty cool, no doot aboot it.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    why did I click when I didn't see the ep yet lol, even though i guess that was obvious.. going to a concert now so I won't be able to see it until much later. I don't even have tv here ;(. I wish ABC uploaded the episodes on the website right after they air, and not a day or two later.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry mates, i thought about using spoiler warnings but then i scrolled up and people discussed things from episodes right off the bat.. so i figured .. what a heck..

but seriously... I didnt feel like anything special happened, if anything .. it was a strong buildup for the next few episodes... Everyone is keeping secrets and noone wants to clue in the viewer ...

Anyone want to shed some light ?
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Everyone is keeping secrets and noone wants to clue in the viewer ...

Anyone want to shed some light ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically just defined Lost smirk.gif
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    That was a FANTASTIC episode. Damn.
    I just don't understand how people complain so much about it when episodes like that keep airing. It's a soap-opera/drama television series, there has to be secrets and suspense.

Damn ... great episode. Best since the last Locke ep.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    wow! awesome episode! why we couldn't get all this info instead of the boring filler eps!

Swayer killing Locke's dad, because he destroyed sawyers life when he was a kid was intense. Kate should of never told Jack and Juliette about the radio and helicopter pilot. Next weeks episode looks equally awesome!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very good episode, definitely enjoyed it. If the preview can be trusted, next week's looks to be even more incredible.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    it's not that i didnt think the episode was real bad... A few symbolical things happened, sure.. But you could have figured it out from the very beginning, or at least by the half of the episode..

Most of the interesting stuff happened at the very end, which will probably take another 3-4 episodes to explain and we'll get a filler episode next week ...

I feel that it's really dragging on, I am doubting that sawyer's death was anything more than symbolical..
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    how the hell is next week going to be the filler?

There are no more filler until next season at the very least.

it's a ben episode. we're going to learn tons about him. I think.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    is next week the finale? or the next after?

good episode will post more in the morning.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I think the finale is after next week's. It's gonna be a 2hr finale as well! woo!
    Real good episode last night though. Loved it smile.gif
    Certainly just as good as the last Locke episode.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I thought it was a great episode. For once it wasn't filled with flashbacks that add nothing. Not that I don't like some of the flashbacks, but lately they've offered very little to anything.

I also agree that Kate should not have said shit to Jack about the radio/phone. I would told Jack to fuck off when he suggested Juliette staying there. He's turned into a really annoying/pathetic character.

Fuse: Yes, people already knew some of the stuff mentioned in the episode, but until things were actually covered, everything is only speculation. So, it was nice for them to piece things together, like the Locke/Sawyer connection. They've also really been playing into the purgatory thing again, which the writers said it WASN'T, but it sure seems like they want to suggest it.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    just finished watching it. wow. a lot better than I was expecting after hearing some reactions. there weren't a lot of OMG moments but everything that happened was solid and laid some great foundation for the next 3 episodes. This is going to rock.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I still think kate is pregnant. It makes sense...

Ben kept talking about the "women" who were pregnant and how they were going to take "them." i.e. there is somebody other than Sun who has a bun in the oven.

The episode was decent. They really are going for a different kind of theme this season. New directors maybe?

Seasons one and two were very much sci-fi shows, but now we're starting to realize there is less "mysterious alien monster" stuff going on, and more science. With that, they seem to be focusing more on the individual characters and dramatic story between them.

You can watch the show without being disappointed if you go into the episode knowing it's not going to be a crazy sci fi experience with cloud monster dinosaurs, but more of a soap opera.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum, I believe it was already mentioned that Kate was pregnant. In the last episode, D.O.C, Juliet recorded her findings for Ben, remember? She said that Sun was pregnant, and that she'd get Austen's results (Kate Austen) soon.

It's been new directors for some time now. JJ Abrams stopped directing it in the middle of season 2, when he was working on MI:III. Now that he's working on Star Trek, he's still to busy to work on LOST.
    If you notice though, there's still an overall theme for each season. Season 1 was about the people of flight 815, season 2 was about the hatch, and now season 3 is about the others. With that in mind, it's easy to see why styles would change. Different stories, different feeling required.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, I guess I missed that bit on the tape recording. Good to know.

I guess I'm not as observant as I thought :P
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Realized my post wasnt very coherent, I must have been very fatiqued when I wrote it.

Looking at it now, it was a good episode. But like I said, I guess the frustration comes from 10 issues being brought up but not even partly solved. It really did feel like an episode where they would reveal something, and I didnt feel like they did enough.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    season 4 I believe is about dharma, and we will see more of the numbers (The Valenzetti Equation: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Valenzetti_Equation ) and the 4 toed statue.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Last episode was great. There's one next week, one the week after, then the 2 hour finale. What ever happen to Darren Aronofsky directing an episode? He was suppsed to direct "?" from last season and had to bail cause something with The Fountain.
  • Mark Dygert
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Lost is going bye bye after two more seasons?!

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=75ed77ee-1972-467a-8f4e-b11e4b6a1259

[/ QUOTE ]

"Rumour has it there will be an off-shoot sit-com that will feature Hurley and Sawyer sharing an apartment in New York City. Each week will feature the wacky adventures of the mis-matched duo as they pursue love and success in the big apple. The title of the show is to be decided as of yet."

- http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=75ed77ee-1972-467a-8f4e-b11e4b6a1259
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Read the news! 5 seasons is fine with me, I'll just buy the books when the series is done.

mwuahahaa!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WTF? Next January for the first of the next season? So 7 monthes off? I don't mind that it's ending in 2 seasons if it means they can now map out the shows and not use filler shit.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, 5 seasons will be just fine. More than enough time to explain things, and bring it to closure.
    Notman, they're going to be doing LOST, 24-style now. The entire season, all new episodes, back-to-back. I'm down with that smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I know... I just don't like waiting so long for it. My guess is they don't want to air it during Xmas, so they are waiting so they don't have to break it up. I think I would be fine with it not airing during the holidays, but I would like it to start prior. Either way, I'll watch it when it returns, I just wish it was sooner wink.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lost gets it's death date: Season 6

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=b6dce704-4199-4599-8dbc-8feb872132e0

We'll get 3 more seasons of 16 episodes (same as this season, if you take off the first 6 episodes we got last year). Apparently, at the end of the season, we're going to see a HUGE GINORMOUS thing, that will unveil why they won't go longer than 48 episodes.
    And the finale is on my birthday! woo! smile.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    just got done watching the most recent se3(ep19)

certainly more entertaining than recent episodes, with a few nice juicy crumbs to perk my attention. However I couldn't help but feel it was a little shorter than other episodes. The Lock + Sawyer combo felt a bit lame.

I spent half my time trying to get the damn things to work, these past two episodes have had f**kedup codecs on the mac, I had to remove all my codecs and replace them one by one to find out which ones were conflicting. Then the audio was a few seconds outs. I tried the same surgery on my mac mini connected to the TV, but the xvids crashes both quicktime and VLC.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you try watching them on ABC's site? or is that what you were doing? I know it's a flash viewer, just not sure if it's a flash interface for wmv files :/
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    god dammit, 6 seasons? aren't seasons 23-24 eps? these are only going to be 16? AKA we have to wait longer between seeing that amount? ugh this sucks I don't want to wait fucking 4 years to see the end of the show
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess it's because the actors have other deals going on as well, so the show is catering to them. Understandable. 16 episodes is the minimum amount possible for a "season". So for the next 3 January's, that's when the season of LOST will start. But it's all new, 16eps back-to-back, all new. I think I can live with that.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    thats good anyway, Less crap filer episode, yay!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Also I guess they would make more cash on the DVD sales ;P

Bleh though, that's 3 years!
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That..episode...oh..my...god...what a shocker.

And I am sure that ***** will be ok, the Island will heal him smile.gif
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    GEEZ!!! Please tell me sombody has that frame with Jacob sitting in the chair. and you know who better heal up and get some powers from jacob.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG

BEST EPISODE EVER

Brome! gotta talk about this tomorrow!
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, that was some good stuff finally. Loved the flashback to darma, need more of that stuff!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic episode.
    The end actually made me shout out "oh shit!". Very cool. Can't wait for next week smile.gif
    And the finale is on my birthday, pwn.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Wow, that was a doozy. One of my favourite episodes. "Help me" literally sent a shiver down my spine. This episode was great and it really got the wheels turning...

-In Jacob's cabin we see the lamp get knocked over and a fire started, then Ben walks out and there's no fire and he hangs up the lamp. Wtf?

-Jacob:
    http://gutsdozer.com/lostjacob.jpg
    http://www.adambromell.com/crap/lostjacob2.jpg
    http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jacobid0.png

...oh fuck me is that Jacks dad?

...double fuck me! I came back up here (writing shit down below) just to say that at second look Jacob looks like LOCKE (!!!) with a wig.

...or that dude that pulled his car over to help out Roger and baby Ben?

-Or is he Hanso?
    http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc1021/th_68155_200px-AlvarHansoProfile_122_1021lo.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuck!

-Ben's dad was the corpse in the VW they drove around that one episode, that's cool

-heh, I wonder if that white bunny he used was Bunny #8. Most likely not but fun to think.

-The powder stuff they stepped over on teh way to Jacob, I wonder if thats the smoke monster. Sleeping? Not activated?

..or..

The powdery stuff is an outline of ashes around the cabin. Sometimes when something manifests from the "Other side" it leaves behind an ashen residue with no particulate properties identifiable to the physical/scientifically measurable world. Maybe it was gathered and used to draw a line in the sand marking Jacob's territory, and perhaps trapping him there.

-Ben was re-born on the island, not born. Cool.

-Hopefully the 815'rs won't be gassed like the original Dharma crew. (Thinking about to the scene where Juliette is going over the gameplan with Ben one last time right before she leaves she grabs a gas mask.)

-I still think theres something of a life extension testing going on. Or there was. The Hanso foundation is involved in a project called "The Life Extension Project" (remember joop? The monkey from the ARG?). DHARMA, as revealed tonight on the intro video, is simply conducting experiments on the island itsself. However, THF is using the island for its projects. This brings me to conclude that DHARMA and The Hanso Foundation aren't working in coordination, rather, THF has been there much longer; they are the hostiles. Richard Alpert did not age, did you notice? Sure you did. He is a part of the Life Extention Project.

-The island has a volcano?

-AAnnie, Ben's girlfriend when he was a kid, is Rousseau. Or, I think so. D-Ani-elle. They were an item. She's Alex's mother, Ben's the father. Rousseau has said she was part of a scientific expedition; DHARMA (!!!). She said everyone in her expedition was killed by some kind of virus - the gas. Yes, she said she killed the members of the expedition team - and she probably did. She's alive, just like Ben is. And we all know that Ben was involved in the gassing. We never did see a dead Annie/Rousseau when he went back to the camp, did we? Rousseau will pull out the Ben doll at some point in time, you'll see. *evil grin*

Phew, that's it for now. I'm off to find pictures of Rousseau's jungle hide out to see if there's any Ben dolls laying around.
  • mookster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mookster polycounter lvl 18
    I guess my eyes werent playing tricks and there was someone there.
    The screen caps of Jacob.
    http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    that was such a sick fucking episode. I really like the idea that the girl is rousseau, but damn did she get ugly.

I think Jacob might be Hanso, the profile looks like it imo, would be too crazy if it was jacks dad.

I'm still wondering: Who the hostiles really are? THF? and why they needed to purge each other. fight yeah cool but why start fighting to begin with?

looking at when they did the purge.. how long ago was that really before the losties got there? 1-2 years? ben sure didn't look much different (I know it's the same guy.. but you know.. makeup.)

I wonder why he couldn't see jacob and for a minute I thought ben WAS pulling his leg, but then the crazy shit and voices and omg happened. 'Help Me', I wonder what he needs help with? being seen? maybe Locke isn't totally In-Tune with the island yet to see him or something.

so crazy

as for the powdery stuff, at first I thought it was ashes then after I saw the big ring around the place I thought it was Gunpowder for defense or something. I like the idea about it being an unactivated smokey lol.

I wonder why no one ever found the Dharma bodies and jacobs house before. wtf is with him and being such a pissy pot.

anyway. the ending was ohshit.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think this may be the episode that finally hooked my wife. She's disliked this show and gets pissed when I watch it, yet she tends to get stuck to the screen until things slow down. This episode had her attention the whole time and I think she finally realizes why I watch it now. The 'help me' moment made her yell out 'oh shit'.

Great episode though. Soooo much to take in.
    * As soon as I saw the 'Roger - Workman' I knew that was the now headless VW driver and I laughed. Great connection to the present
    * I think the powder is ashes or gunpowder, like bounch mentioned. I like the idea of the smoke monster, but I don't think that was it. Then again, maybe the smoke monster is Jacob (based on the anger) and those ashes surround him when he leaves.
    * I missed Jacob appearing (and I was watching for it), but that's no big surprise since I think I tend to blink any time they flash something cool on the screen. I'll have to look at Adam's pics.
    * White rabbit - Alice in Wonderland? I thought this was referenced in the past

Many new names dropped in. Lots of pieces to put together now.... this is what Lost was all about in the past. Enough clues and action to keep everyone going until the next week.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^
    Good call, notman - this definitely felt like an episode from Season 1. I don't mind new questions and plot lines appearaing as long as the story as significantly advanced, and they sure did that last night.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    My GOD what a rediculously awesome episode. The last 4 episodes have been better than most movies I've seen recently. Looks like the writers have listened.

He had better not die.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, great stuff Adam!

About Rousseau though... would she have... gained her french accent over time or just slightly sloppy casting?
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    I doubt hanso and dharma are seperate entities. Why would there be orientation videos for dharma projects with a hanso copyright at the end? Its clear that they are dharma projects when Roger says to Ben that they have to drop the dharma beer off at the pearl.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Sure they're seperate entities - I think THF just contracted Dharma. Could be wrong.

skank - thats my only blocker to really make me think Annie = Rousseau. Everything else fits except for that :\
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    now THAT was a great episode..

Brome, since when the Hanso foundation and the Dharma initiative two different things ? I thought that Hanso foundation is the company that is responsible for the Dharma initiative project. As described in the Orientation videos ..

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Hanso_foundation

"The Hanso Foundation operates at least seven active projects. According to Hanso spokesman Hugh McIntyre during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the DHARMA Initiative was once a Hanso-funded project but it was shut down in 1987."

Interesting.. Did Dharma get shut down by being gassed ? Did they get shut down by the Hanso foundation or are hostiles completely different people ?