Home General Discussion

L O S T

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
notman polycounter lvl 18
I figured since the series starts again tonight, I'd post this both as a reminder and a place to start new discussions on the show wink.gif

Oh, and new time tonight... at least in my area (10PM).

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Hell yeah, it's going to be sweet! laugh.gif

At 9pm, I guess the producer/writer are having some behind-the-scenes chit chat as well. So that should be a nice warm up.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    looking forward to it, but i've been enjoying heroes a lot more than lost. i think it's the difference in pacing.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i've been enjoying heroes a lot more than lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

BLASPHEMY! DIE DIE DIE

smile.gif

Nah, Heroes is awesome as well.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Tonight at 10! I've been waiting too.

It better be fucking good. seriously I don't want more questions coming up without any answers, but thats what I've come to expect.

Then again, I'm going to give it a chance obviously since the show had me enraptured..

but you know.. it's been a while.

10pm it is!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The guy who plays Charlie was making the rounds this morning on the radio shows and he revealed some of the attempts the producers are making to turn the show around. Supposedly they are going to finally start answering some of the questions. That doesn't mean they will be anwsering everything, but it sounds like there may finally start being a answer to question balance that hasn't been there in a while.
    Oh, and Cheech Maron is supposed to be part of Hurley's flashbacks as his dad.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't watch lost week to week I always seem to miss one and end up behind. So I try my best to ignore it until the season comes out on DVD.

I did catch the season opener from the start of this season and it felt like the second matrix movie did, "oh crap its a hit we need to make more... What do we do!?".
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Can't wait here either.. however.. I just started working nights.. so I will have to make sure someone covers me for an hour or so so I can slip away to a TV.. lol

Notman hit the nail on the head.. they are going to answer some good questions in the first few episodes.. The Locke episode may reveal how he got into the wheelchair, the Sayiud episode is said to asnwer a bunch of questions that the viewers have been wondering about.

Also, the producers did realize that the long hiatus between episodes, as are the lack of answers and general "dragging things out", was damaging to ratings and they realize the viewership will be down even moreso without changes(not to mention the new later timeslot) So come next season they will be running the season straight through (ala 24) and definately answering questions (while I am sure raising new ones)

The producers are also looking for a definative ending date for the show, so they have a finale to work their way to while telling the story.

There is also a chance that one of the new characters introduced at the start of this season may not make it to season 4 due to numerous movie commitments in his home country (Brazil).. but their flashback episode will explain alot about them.

Be prepared to see more of Ethan (via Juliets flashbacks) perhaps we will learn the reasoning behind him )and the others) wanting Clairs baby (Aaron).

OK enough blabbing.. I am with the rest of you, as I cannot wait til the return of LOST..

(In the meanwhile I got hooked on 24, Heroes and Jailbreak.. Grrrr) Actually they are three fantastic shows..
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i quitted watching in the second season...gets too boring.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you lose.

laugh.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    A Lost thread that Adam didn't start? Whaaaaat?

Anyways, yeah I'm really stoked to get back into this. Although during the break I caught up on Heroes and now my inner comic book nerd is really digging that show.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    my wife emailed me and said Lost is on tonight!, I thought it was on later in the month. Sadly boxing will have to be moved to another day, cause LOST is way more important. heh
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i concure with johnny,, tho i made it all the way thru season 2, but only like 3 episodes into season 3 BORETASTIC
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the real interesting bits of LOST are (har har) lost, because of JJ Abrams. He was busy with MI3 and StarTrek, so he was unable to do that much towards the end of season 2, and nothing on season 3 so far.
    JJ Abrams has the magic. LOST needs him!
    I'll still watch it though... hell yeah. Kate! wink.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    What About Brian?, Six Degrees, Felicity...yeah it's been missing JJ Abrams. He's good, definitely does better in the action vibe though. Which Lost hasn't really been in a long time. Hopefully it'll pick up in the rest of the season. It sounds like they realize that something is missing from the show.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Be prepared to see more of Ethan (via Juliets flashbacks) perhaps we will learn the reasoning behind him )and the others) wanting Clairs baby (Aaron).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ethan Frome is the greatest character ever made for anything.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    oh shit MIAMI!? smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice recognition... I didn't catch the city, just saw the buildings.

Wonder if Jack can read lips... looks like he's reading Ben's words in the mirror.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah I'm sorta getting confused already, I like how she needs to help them yet.. arent they the ones keeping them? cant they just call it off? so confusing lol
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    So lets the speculation pour in, It is starting to make sense..

at least a bit of it. With the Sun getting pregnant, Claire's abduction, the girl being tested in the lab during Claire's abduction and connection to Juliet's research.
  • bounchfx
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit during the second season too. Not that it was too boring, just that it'd morphed into a different environment than the one I wanted to continue being hooked on. Weird lonely island and worries about survival in the middle of nowhere was fun to me; secret computerized lairs fully stocked with food, guns, medicine, and throngs of new cast members wasn't so much. It was like the middle to end of a Fallout or System Shock game, where you're no longer delighted beyond reason to find six shiny new bullets and therefore may survive another ten minutes, because you just dumped three cases of ordnance that not even your power armor can lug around.

The good thing is, I still have fond memories of season one, and don't have to force myself away from reading these spoilery threads any longer. smile.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow! what an awesome episode to kick off the season again! A lot of unexpected events, wasn't expecting the bus part at all! Lots of great background on Julia and why shes on the island. I wonder whats going to happen to Jack now. Next weeks episode looks like its even better.

An awful lot of wasted ammo, They could of killed those men sooner.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, don't spoil it for the west coast frown.gif
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woah!
    wait a sec... so "lost" had stopped showing in america too?
    damn... im sitting here in india thinking about when the next season's (season 3) gonna come on TV... and now i hear u guys aren't getting it either!

yay! i'll miss out on close to nothin when i reach canada (it comes in canada 2 right?)
    on the other hand, Heroes is okay... i just love the japanese guy...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    indian what the hell are you talking about lol. It's playing here smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    First, fmnoor , his name is Ethan Rom - all the letters needed to spell "Another Man", although its not quite an anagram.

I liked the Ben as Alex's father info they gave up this episode. He's obviously not the biological father (Rousseau killed him). Ben's the "adoptive" father - if you can call it that on this island - but to Alex he's her father, she was a week old when they took Alex from Rousseau.

Something else that is worth noting that I noticed - Ethan was with the recruiter who seemingly is from Dharma. But the "others" seem to be a group of people who rebelled, at least thats the general consensus. So if Ethan = Dharma than he was somewhat of a spy amoungst the others.

'Mittelos Bioscience'...

Mittelos... Lost time.. Mittelos... Lost Time... clever. Another anagram.
    Molest it?
    As well if another followed the ARG: Tom Mittelwork... Mittelos. No idea what this is about, but its worth mentioning.

Bah pics to come.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    It just seems odd though, I wonder what of the guy that was offering the job, the one with ethan.. is he (still) on the island? is he the real one in command? oy
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Ah yes - I suppose if it were Dharma asking Juliette to come work for them, and ash accepted, than the others are in the same boat as her making them Dharma as well.

D'oh.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    First, fmnoor , his name is Ethan Rom - all the letters needed to spell "Another Man", although its not quite an anagram.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap, there goes my LOST cred.

Anyone else find it extremely creepy when Ben suddenly spoke up after listening for a few minutes?
    Also : http://www.mittelosbioscience.org/ That's a fake service unavailable page

Mittelos is an anagram for LOST TIME. http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2007/02/anagram-and-new-site.html
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    fmnoor - totally, I don't even know why you posted a reply - you're obviously no fan of this show.

The Mittel link works now wink.gif Aaaaand I got the Mittel info posted already foo!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Best episode of the season, bar none.
    Surely peaked my interest again, after such a lackluster beginning. Can't wait to see how things progress.

Also, I try not to read TOO much into the side stuff. The producers/writers have already stated that the entire story is completely possibly, so it's nothing quite as grandiose as people make it out to be.

Should be an interesting continuation of the series though, that's for damn sure.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    fmnoor - totally, I don't even know why you posted a reply - you're obviously no fan of this show.

The Mittel link works now wink.gif Aaaaand I got the Mittel info posted already foo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally fail at reading.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    remember in the opening of season 3 bed said "It was a co-incidence that a spinal surgeon fell out of the sky" After seeing the guy get smashed in by the bus last night, makes me think that maybe the darma group cause the plane to crash, because they knew who was on that plane.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first thing I thought when she said it would take him getting hit by the bus was, he'll get hit by a bus now. I said that to my wife right at that moment. I was still caught off guard when he was hit though. I had already forgotten about that statement by the time it happened.
    Also, they knew her sister was pregnant, when no one else knew except her, the sister, and the ex... who died JUST after finding out. No way they could know without something unique going on. So yeah, we're back to them somehow causing the plane to crash. Even if it was through Desmond's actions. Then again, Desmonds actions may just be coincedental to the crash.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah, I thought we established the plane crashed because of Desmond's actions, it's very hard to believe it'd be coincidental on that particular time, unless like one of my friend's theory's is that Desmond's partner at the time left on purpose with the cut to have Desmond follow him to have him out at that particular time.

Either way, we saw something happened when the numbers were not put in, and something definitely happened with it.

but the bus part, whew, I honestly didn't even think of that happening for real, totally blew past the foreshadowing there. felt like final destination.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    found this at another lost thing... very interesting, check it out.

It's the brainwash sequence from Episode 7 played backwards. listen to it. you can really start hearing stuff about 25 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwWhM8Xb_oQ

O_O

I'm trying to find a video of this played forward but apparently some people say it's definitely not tampered with
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I can't watch tonight cause I Have a valentines dinner to go to! Noooooo
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    That backwards video sounds very familiar...
    250px-SHODAN_hires.jpg
    ... That'd be a cross-over to remember.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Only fools are enslaved by time and space"

Sounds like a link to tonight's show... Desmond's ability to see the future... the different time periods of the equipment on the island... the time/space differences between Eko's brother's plane and their island.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    fantastic episode.
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    unbelievable...one of my fav episodes this season...wow
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ****Spoilers******

Tonights show was really bizarre, Desmond's ability to see the future. Seeing Desmond's back story was great, we are able to see his life before the island. The old lady in the jewelry story was kinda freaky. haha. Definitely an interesting twist on the story, that Charlie is supposed to die.

Hopefully, next weeks episode will reveal more storyline. From the commercial looks like we see the survivors that were taken in the night from season 1.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    still at the first episode of season 2 :P
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    that was damn good, the old lady at the ring store was totally unexpected, i thought she thought he was trying to steal it
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Great episode. The Charlie twist at the end was neat. It was an entertaining episode showing Des' past like that. It didn't really too, too much. But there were a few things.

And on that note, here we go:

At the end of season 2 Desmond's woman (Penny?) has the picture of them in-front of the Marina on her night stand... and in this episode its on the island. Either production fucked up or something screwy is going on here (with the photo, yes something screwy is going on everywhere).

It's very possible that the entire episode was a forced memory relapse of sorts that Dharma forced on to Des while he was passed out on the island. This could explain how the ring-shop lady knew his.. uuuhm, future. They have memory sensory rooms and such so they could have, some how, altered his memories. It's a stretch, but interesting. That or the hatch explosion triggered Des' consciousness to go back in time. Fucking hell I don't know.

Polar bear painting in Penny's dads office. I'm sure you all noticed it, just saying.

Package number 815 as well.

And this is from the SA boards, which I found to be interesting:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Want some rather cute foreshadowing?

Go back and rewatch the episode. After Desmond leaves Widmore's office and goes out on the street, he takes his tie off and notices Charlie, who is singing "Wonderwall" by Oasis. What's the first line out of Charlie's mouth?

"I said, baby... You're gonna be the one that saves me..."

It's the little shit like that that I enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

And some images:
    2eb88deb7e4606aa5f91bf3d1f9204228803a167.jpg
    2f868a6c3b894d87af6377d43dda2c153b1295df.jpg
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    that was damn good, the old lady at the ring store was totally unexpected, i thought she thought he was trying to steal it

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Finally the show felt back on track. The Charlie twist was interesting... since they really played it like he was protecting Claire.
    I am curious if the episode was a mental flashback or if he actually traveled back. Either way, very cool.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adam our LOST detective smile.gif
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    shit yeah, but what I thought about the whole desmonds past part was that he was just unconcious and suffering a sort of flash back, which is why he could "see the future" in his dream/unconciousness, since it already happened to him, he was just reliving it again while he was knocked out, thats why the old lady said if he CHOSE a different path, EVERYONE would die, and if you remember at the end, he chose to try to save the bartender, thus ALTERING the path he was supposed to take, and BAM, he woke up, essentially killing them all.

at least thats what I'm thinking out of it. only part they didn't really explain was how he was able to see the future even outside of his flashback.

something fishy is going on.

unless he has lived through all this already too or some shit, and is trying to make a difference.

no clue but the episodes keep getting better.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Come on, Philadelphia project, that's what I've been saying for some time now.

You can't have an electro magnet that big without some sort of time bending going on. smile.gif Would explain a lot of the 'Out of Place Artifacts' on the island.

I'm wondering if Desmond is stuck in some kind of strange loop.