Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Too bad she has a botched nose job

[/ QUOTE ]

She got her face messed up somehow while filming the movie Frequency. I think the result is more reconstructive surgery than nose job.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    finally, a good episode, i'm pissed she was a plant, but intrigued.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    Ethan was way creepy! but yea i am getting sick of the mindgames, at least we got a HUGE fucking puzzle piece tonight, why the Others are really on the island! Its neat and makes sense, but not understanding why Ben is keeping her on the island when she can't do anything else to help pregger womens on the island. So now what about Suns baby?
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Sun wasn't injected was she? I bet she dies at the end of Season 3. I want to see what Locke is upto blush.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    OK 2 quickie comments before I really get in to things here.

First, I've constantly felt this season that everything is a double cross. Expecting that makes it less impactful IMO which is why this season has probably been 'blah' to some people. We need some resolutions then a big WTF to get things reaaally going again.

Second, Juliette wants off the island. Bad. Ben promised her she'd get off if she did this one last favour for him/them - infiltrate their camp. Calling it now.

So then, on to the real goods!

Making infertile women pregnant, I'm positive, is NOT why they (Others) are there. Perhaps we were told that the island heightens peoples immunes systems. The original Dharma training video mentioned the Degrootes wanted to create a Utopia, perhaps this is it? Although this immunity idea doesn't look so good when so many others have died slow deaths. *shrug* EDIT: I wonder if Juliette is there to monitor Sun since she's pregnant. But then how would the Others know? EDIT 2:Oh right they know everything.

Next!

Interesting thought: What if Rousseau is really Dharma? What if her 'vessel' is that Sub? We've never seen the sub move, ever, so lets say they planted Juliette there to make it seem like they took a Sub to the island. "This part of the trip is usually intense...". Teleportation? Long shot, sure. But makes for a damn interesting story. Locke found this out and blew it up. Ben's the master of mind games; using the submarine as the vision of returning to the real world is perfect.

Next weeks episode is a Desmond flash back.
    Which might mean Penny (Desmonds girlfriend).
    Which might mean Widmore (Penny was involved with them at the end of Season 2 in the arctic).
    Which might mean that "...is salvation finally coming..." from the trailer for next weeks episode might mean that Widmore is arriving at the island in the next episode.

Which might mean... actually that's all I have.

Loved this episode.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I think a bigger question than "what about Sun" is..."What about Desmond?"

Is Desmond pregnant? Was he not shooting up that same pregger-juice in the hatch prior to his encounter with the survivors, thinking it was some form of vaccine?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Lost time again. Adam, want to provide an update about what his week is covering? All I can remember is something comes to the island.

I'm going to miss next week... I'm going to Disney World for a week and I doubt I can convince the family to return early so I can see Lost wink.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    This week is a Ben flashback. We'll find out about Ben's parents, as well as the history of the island laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Huh? I just read in Entertainment Weekly that tonight's episode is about Desmond. Where'd you read it was about Ben? THAT is a story I'd like to watch.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Huh? I just read in Entertainment Weekly that tonight's episode is about Desmond. Where'd you read it was about Ben? THAT is a story I'd like to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you're right. I read the article wrong :P
    The episode about Ben is one of the upcoming episodes, not tonight's. :|
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    another filler episode frown.gif 45 mins of blah, when are we going to get some real story.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't think it was that bad, but I was rather pissed when the mystery parachute jumper turned out not to be Penny. When Desmond found her copy of their picture, it was one of the few 'suddenly I'm on the edge of my seat' moments with Lost this season. I don't really know that added another mysterious character to the show is going to improve things. Surely the producers understand why the ratings are dropping - they have to realize if we don't get some payoff before the finale, even fewer people will be back for season four...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm sure Ben's flashback will be the 2hr finale..

Tonight's episode was pretty decent though. Not great, but good. I'm sure that the heli was dispatched by Penny to find Desmond, though. I knew it wasn't her in the chute. It would have been far to obvious, and a complete non-suprise.

Hopefully one of the last 4 episodes will deliver the goods.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the episode. I loved the sound of the heli coming in. I agree that Penny would have been disappointing if it was her, but I think there was a hidden point that some people missed. I think it WAS Penny, at least that's how Desmond saw it. Then when he saved Charlie, it changed things (like it was suggested multiple times). One small change can result in a much different outcome.
    Anyways, hopefully this new woman will be able to fill Desmond in that Penny is looking for him and provide some new hope to him. Then he'll stop moping around maybe.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    3.17 Desmond Hume
    3.18 Jin & Sun Kwon
    3.19 John Locke
    3.20 Benjamin Linus
    3.21 Charlie Pace
    3.22-23 Jack Shephard
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I like the episode. I loved the sound of the heli coming in. I agree that Penny would have been disappointing if it was her, but I think there was a hidden point that some people missed. I think it WAS Penny, at least that's how Desmond saw it. Then when he saved Charlie, it changed things (like it was suggested multiple times). One small change can result in a much different outcome.
    Anyways, hopefully this new woman will be able to fill Desmond in that Penny is looking for him and provide some new hope to him. Then he'll stop moping around maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that mentioned a couple of places and it doesn't make sense. I understand Desmond's worry about changing the future, but only to the degree that it alters things that happen AFTER his visions. If he let Charlie get shot instead of save him, maybe the group spends so much time dealing with dead Charlie that the chopper pilot isn't rescued in time and she also dies. But she jumped out of the helicopter long before the arrow trap happened - how would Desmond saving Charlie work backward in time, causing Penny to be the helicopter pilot instead of the chick that jumped out? The one has nothing to do with the other, and Desmond can only see and alter future events, not those in the past.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But there can be a deeper philosophy on that though. There is a theory that each event in our life can cause us to jump into a different timeline/dimension. That doesn't mean that the result of our action causes a different result. It just means that you jumped from the timeline where Charlie dies, to a different one where he doesn't. In this new timeline, may Penny chose to send someone after Desmond instead of going herself, but in the original timeline SHE went on the search.
    When they found the book with the picture in it, he hadn't saved Charlie yet. It really made more sense that it was Penny's stuff. So when he saved Charlie, it seem to have a different end.

Then again, it could be as simple as Desmond assuming it was Penny because he saw the pack/picture in his vision, but he never saw who it was.

b1ll, what are you pointing out? (what do the numbers mean)
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Errr... okay. I don't go in for the whole metaphysical, multi-dimensional Lost theories and whatnot. They're interesting, but seem like overly-elaborate guesses that are not that grounded in what we've seen in the show. If the whole series doesn't have something resembling a logical, scientific conclusion, I'm going to be exceptionally disappointed.

With regards to the picture, I think your second point is right - he assumed it's her because she had the only other copy of the photo. But we know that Penny is in some way connected with research trying to find the island (or at least the peculiar anomaly her scientist guys detected), so I can see that she sent the helicopter chick out to look for Desmond. Why and how she knew to send a chopper out toward Lost island, I've no idea, but it explains why the chopper chick had the picture (to identify Desmond once she was on the ground.)

BTW, the numbers in B1ll's post are episode references. 3.22 is season three, episode twenty-two, etc.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, ok. I don't know why I didn't connect the season with the episode in that format :/

I think they've pretty much proven you can't FLY to the island, but apparently you can boat there.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Here is the Lost theory we came up with at GBX:

http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/194/38/
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Really liked this one tonight for some reason.

what.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adam, you like every episode tongue.gif
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah ... so uh ... wtf? Eye-patch guy not fried? Ugh.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Boring episode with cliffhanger at the end....they need to think up a new formula.....I love Lost...but come on...get to freaking Locke already....and I still have no answer to the 4 toed collosus foot
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Adam, you like every episode tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Some more than others, though.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    So the Losties are clones of their former selves. They're better than the originals - Locke can walk, Jin can fertilize, etc. Their memories are planted.

Deus Ex Machine - season 1, from the other end of the radio: "There were no survivors of flight 815..."
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    get to freaking Locke already....and I still have no answer to the 4 toed collosus foot

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll happen, don't worry. Locke's father is obviously the real Sawyer, which is Jame's incentive to kill him. I believe the 4-toe statue is some sort of shrine or monument, that we'll be seeing again shortly.

As for Flight815, it might be explainable (albeit theoretical). Magnetism does wonky stuff, we all know that. The whole Philadelphia experiment, etc.
    It's theoretically possible to create singularities with a strong enough magnetic field. The middle of a black whole, for instance. It's hypothesized that a singularity contains quantum foam, and therefore micro wormholes. Traveling through this quantum foam can lead to multiple dimensions, however, not just your own. I know some of you don't buy the multi-dimensional bit (either in reality or on the show) but the science damn near proves it, and it makes sense.
    So what do we know about the island's magnetic properties? It was strong enough to bring a plane down. When the hatch imploded, the sky turned purple. This was probably due to the magnetic field being overly powerful, and bending the light over the entire island. It's also possible that's why the island "can't be found". It may be the case than Flight815 actually flew into a singularity, created by Desmond's inability to enter the code in time (ala The Langoliers). From what I've read, when passing through wormholes, your matter is duplicated, not teleported. So in fact, Flight815 may very well have crashed, killing Jack, Hurly and everyone else on board. But they were also duplicated when they passed through the singularity (remember Sawyer's book, Evil Twin?).
    It's a bit outlandish, but all scientifically possible. And the producers/writers have already stated, that the show is grounded entirely in science. So, it's far out there, but possible.

bah!
    /rant
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Locke's father is obviously the real Sawyer, which is Jame's incentive to kill him

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! I did not make this connection ... did I miss a bit of key info? It makes sense but I didn't do the math in my own head.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]

Deus Ex Machine - season 1, from the other end of the radio: "There were no survivors of flight 815..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talkingabout when Boone was in Echo's Brother's plane.. I always thought that was the survivers on the other side of the island...The one Black lady's husband saying: "we're the Survivor's of Flight 8:15"
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Quantum Foam? Are you shitting me?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Astro, Locke's father is a conman. He conned him out of his kidney, and was conning that young boy's mother. He was also pulling the same scheme as Jame's did, which he took from the man who killed his mother. That's enough evidence for me, to think that Locke's father is 'sawyer'.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't get excited about these clones and quantum physics theories, just seems too complicated and speculative. The Dharma Initiative has serious power and money, with the group on the island being part of a much bigger international organization. It seems much more likely to me that they covered up the reality of the 815 crash. Plane falls from the sky, Ben sends messages back to the people in charge, they scatter fake debris into the ocean to mislead investigators.

In fact, now that I think about it, they pretty much had to do something like that just to keep Aussie search & rescue teams from accidentally finding the island while looking for the crashed plane. Set up a fake mid-ocean crash (maybe with a few corpses from the actual crash to confirm it), rescuers find it and the story gets reported to the rest of the world that Oceanic 815 wreckage was found with no survivors. It's plausible and it doesn't require Stephen Hawking to explain it to me smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Vassago - apparently this whole "the show is scientifically grounded" quote that everyone brings up is false, the producers never said it (blog, podcast, interview - nothin').

Just sayin' laugh.gif
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I'm with Verm on this one. Thats exactly my thought.
    I think you guys are giving them too much credit... Quantum foam, purgatory? Nah, just faked wreckage.

The end of the episode had a really cool twilight zone feel. Way better than the diamond-lovers-buried-alive stupid episode twist.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Astro, Locke's father is a conman. He conned him out of his kidney, and was conning that young boy's mother. He was also pulling the same scheme as Jame's did, which he took from the man who killed his mother. That's enough evidence for me, to think that Locke's father is 'sawyer'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, agreed. I just can't believe I did not make the connection on my own crazy.gif
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Good episode for a Sun and Jin one...loved the ending! Was glad to see eye patch man was still alive, love his character!
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Slum, that is exactly the feeling I had at the end of the episode, my stomach shifted a little bit and I was like "OHH sHIIITTTT!!" It definitely keeps the show exciting and interesting.
    WE DEMAND TOES EXPLAINED NAOW!!
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    If the sperm count for guys on that island is six times the norm...those fellas probably have one nasty case of the blue balls.

Charlie: "There is something strange about this island, Hugo."

Hugo: "Why do you say that, Dude?"

Charlie: "Ever since I got here, my nuts have hurt like bloody hell."

Hugo: "I hear ya, dude."

Desmond: "I could'n help ba overhear y'two. Dis is a serious matter. And Charlie...you best be careful...if ya wanta liff!

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Also, did anyone else catch that may be foreshadowing that Kate might be preggers? I mean, sawyer and her did get busy a few times, and I don't remember seeing any Dharma branded condoms laying around the hatch... :P
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    If the sperm count for guys on that island is six times the norm...those fellas probably have one nasty case of the blue balls.

Charlie: "There is something strange about this island, Hugo."

Hugo: "Why do you say that, Dude?"

Charlie: "Ever since I got here, my nuts have hurt like bloody hell."

Hugo: "I hear ya, dude."

Desmond: "I could'n help ba overhear y'two. Dis is a serious matter. And Charlie...you best be careful...if ya wanta liff!

[/ QUOTE ]
    don't forget the "jus remembah dat brotha"
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    In the name of heroes i claim this thread mine!

Now back to explaining what happened in each episode so i don't have to watch this show any more. From the sounds of it looks like me missing the last 4 weeks of lost that i haven't missed much.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, I think you missed the best shows of this season :/ ... give or take a show.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah, and the next few eps will be some of the best easily
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    They could pull me back if they bring in dinosaurs.
    Or finish the show with this season.
    Or change the pace of the show so more important shit happens so i don't feel like i just wasted 55 min for 5 min of plot info.
    They could also stop betraying the dynamics of the characters just for the sake of getting another season out of this season.
    Also it would be great if it had a little bit less soap and more cool shit.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    or you could just stop bitching and let it go ;P

They originally planned 100 episodes, I hope it does not go past it but that would lead to the 4th season being the last, and I'm fine with that. I've read some of the plot synopsis for the coming episodes and even a few spoilers and let me tell you - shit goes down . some crazy stuff is going to happen like the 'game breaker' that should be happening shortly.

:::SPOILER:::

rofl, due to popular demand I think it's best to make it so you should just guess.

:::END SPOILER::: <font color="white"> </font>
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    u suck, thats the worse way to hide a spoiler,! ITS right in the middle of the screen, u sir Suck. I mean realy u suck, a lot of people stink, but u are like at the top, I mean, Like theres people that are very high on the list, but u are like Even higher, ur off the fucking chart stupid, yep, I mean realy, HIGH , DOUCHE FUCKING BAG! U SUCK! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

btw i could of go on. but meh

U SUCK
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was actually scheduled to go on for 8 seasons. I don't know if it equated to 100 episodes, but it wasn't supposed to be 4 seasons. Maybe they've put more episodes in each season than originally expected though.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    if it went 8 seasons I would go insane. I remember reading an interview with the directors/writers or whatever about 1-2 months ago and they said 100 eps.. so /shrug. I just hope they end it before it goes WAY past it's prime.

Some people already think it's dying because, yeah, there does tend to be a few episodes (few too many!) that are quite boring and don't help much to advance the show. but there's lots that are just crazy like the next couple.. we'll see i guess
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    That episode..........was EPIC!!!!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    it was kind of crap actually, so locke and james kill a mutual enemy... I saw that from the very beginning of the episode, the island has healing abilities, we knew that ... Other than that .. nothing is revealed