Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    bounchfx, the hostiles could very well be a team of Tomas Mittlework. During the ARG, it was quite easy to see that Mittlework wasn't happy with the progress that DHARMA was making. They weren't moving quick enough, to change the Valenzeti equation in time.
    So, he created a virus. A virus that would be used for global genetic cleansing. Certain genomes are destined to be heavily agressive, or blood thirsty. If he could simply stop the gene line from progressing, they would eventually die and change the equation.
    But where would you test such a thing? The island. Plenty of subjects, and it's a contained area. So he had a tight nit crew, perhaps several of which are on the life extension project (so they can monitor the virus for decades if need be), such as Richard.
    They release the virus onto the island. Although not immediately deadly, there is an odd problem going on. Any women who becomes pregnant on the island dies, along with their baby. DHARMA finds out what Mittlework has done. They erect the magnetic/frequency towers to keep Mittlework at bay, and pour their energy into creating a cure for the virus (what people have been injecting themselves with).
    Ben came in after this point, since the towers and hostiles were already in play. Though he ended up joining the Mittlework team and abandoning his own. And that's about all I've got.. :P

Good idea on Rousseau, but I don't think it's true. If she had a child with Ben (on the island) both her and Alex would be dead. Perhaps they had a submarine 'excursion' at sea? Possibly.

Jacob certainly looks like a mix of people. It's like a combo of Jack's dad and Locke. Very odd. Or perhaps it's just Alvar Hanso. That's possible as well.

Again, fantastic episode smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Jack's dad as Jacob:
    2751c2a684fb8642b6f4cd8e3677e893079d9427.png

Locke as Jacob:
    johncob.JPG
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Good call Fuse, but they separated at a point in time from one another (Dharma breaking from THF). I think the Hostiles were THF and Dharma = 'the Others'.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know if you guys have seen this, but I saw some connections that I didn't realize existed. I went to see if the Lost Diary was still being used during season three and was redirected here:
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/connections/index
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remember the episode where Kate was in Australia working for the farm dude? She was using the alias "Annie". Could the child Annie (from Ben's past) actually be Kate? Perhaps she was also part of the life extension project, as was Richard?

Omg, Jacob is Kris Kristofferson!! :P :P
    kris_in_tavern_lg.jpg
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    not a whole lot going on in this episode, pretty much a setup for the big finale next week.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    well, was it good? frown.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hasn't started yet :P
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    was pretty good. set up next week well.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    yeah, it was enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as seing the others blow up grin.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It wasn't bad, but it was another filler. Sure, it's setting up for next week, but couldn't it have included a little more? Like we really needed to see those Charlie flashbacks? I know he was making the list, but the list didn't seem like it served much of a purpose either.
    Also, did anyone predict that people were in that underwater station when Charlie was yelling for no f'n reason? Oh well, I'm pretty confident next week's show is going to rock.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not surprised there are people in the underwater station, but WHO are they? I didn't recognize any faces, and they way they moved was very... deliberate. Almost reminded me of the Ben flashback episode, the way the Dharma teachers and scientists grabbed their weapons when the Hostiles attacked. Ben has told The Others that they can't go to the Looking Glass because it's flooded, but maybe no one can go to the Looking Glass because it's manned by the last of the true Dharma survivors? Maybe one of the women there is the girlthat little Ben had a crush on (I can't believe that he killed her with the nerve gas, or that she has no further connection to the show.)

Also, I think Desmond knew this was going to happen, one way or another, and lied to Charlie about it. Possibly to test him, but I can't see the good in that. But maybe it explains why Des was willing to swim down there himself at the end.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, the short haired brunette looked a lot like the woman Sawyer conned. They go to some length to prevent you from seeing her face (covering it with her rifle).

Also did anyone else pick up on the woman who was listening to Charlie play guitar on the street corner? It looked a lot like Naomi. Differences being that she looked a tad heavier, and that she had reddish hair. But there to, they tried covering her face quite a bit.

Nothing more than a setup episode for sure, but far better than any other filler episode we've had. I think Charlie is actually done for this time. He'll die in the finale for sure. A heroic deed and a noble death. Bound to happen.
    Many others will obviously die (as seen in the finale teaser). I think Charlie's actions allow the 815'ers to contact someone, and get rescued, just as Desmond had seen. But many people will not want to leave. Rose & Bernard, Locke? (You don't REALLY think he's dead, do you!?), and perhaps even Sawyer, will prefer to stay. Jack will make it back to mainland, but will be utterly torn up about 'leaving men behind' or whatever. He'll try to find a way back to the island.

The actor that played Michael has said he's never coming back to LOST, but there's never any talk about Walt. I think we'll see him again. Maybe in the finale, maybe not. But he's to important to just let go like that.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i hope jack die.Giving order to everyone when he was about to do a monkey run. facker! DIE! hes annoying too.Boohoo my life is so hard STFU!.

Same with Locke, I hope hes dead . but nooo healing power times 20

Benard could die, we havent seen him in forever, and now hes back, he should die!

Sayid as been useless too, maybe he will die.

I dunno about charlie maybe he will die too!! but might be desmond instead!

mm Who else.. maybe danielle, shes ugly. she could die too.

Juliette is prety stopid she could die too.. mmm

I HAVE HIGH HOPE that all my predictions will come true, pretty please!

Oh and Walt comming back? I dunno hes like 30now that would be strange
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i hope jack die.Giving order to everyone when he was about to do a monkey run. facker! DIE! hes annoying too.Boohoo my life is so hard STFU!.

Same with Locke, I hope hes dead . but nooo healing power times 20

Benard could die, we havent seen him in forever, and now hes back, he should die!

Sayid as been useless too, maybe he will die.

I dunno about charlie maybe he will die too!! but might be desmond instead!

mm Who else.. maybe danielle, shes ugly. she could die too.

Juliette is prety stopid she could die too.. mmm

I HAVE HIGH HOPE that all my predictions will come true, pretty please!

Oh and Walt comming back? I dunno hes like 30now that would be strange

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted just because it deserves to be quoted.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    just watched wednesday lost on abc.com what an awesome episode! crunch time kills my TV viewing schedule frown.gif

Bonnie looks ready to kill!
    800px-LookingGlassGirl1.JPG
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "bonnie" is probably "annie", from Ben's childhood. We never saw her among the dead DHARMA people. She may have escaped into the Looking Glass before it happened.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    wait, she had blonde hair? fuck I dont remember

anyway just finished the ep, I thhought it was a pretty sweet one, good setup, a few key o shit moments, but as soon as he got to the station underwater I was like "oh theres totally someone there"

and bam. I don't think he will get shot by them though, but I wanna know who the f they are, I'm guessing Dharma. almost positive
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, we know he won't be shot because the preview showed them smacking him across the face. But it's been rumored that he's going to die during the finale, so he may still drown. Then again, rumors tend to be misinformation.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    Just finished watching the Ben-episode... Did anyone else notice a bullethole in one of the dharma corpses when they zoom in on one of them?

Also, why does everybody who seems to be wearing a dharma uniform have these crappy insignificant jobs/tasks?

I recently also got to thinking who that guy is that was in the hatch before desmond came, might rewatch that episode soon hehe
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You mean Kelvin? He was a colonel I think(?) in Desert Storm. He was in Sayid's main flashback episode. Taught him how to really interrogate.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    was I the only one that giggled when Rose told Bernard that 'she'll have to get him into something dark'?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    was I the only one that giggled when Rose told Bernard that 'she'll have to get him into something dark'?

[/ QUOTE ]

!

perv
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats exactly what Im sayin!
    I was like "daaaamn, Rose is a dirrrrrty girl! Time for some brown sugar Bernard!"
    Hey, if Bernard is gonna bite the bullet, Rose might as well get some play first.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    It happens tonight. smile.gif
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I swear the dude before desmond in the hatch is (coincidentally) the same guy American Officer who commanded Sayid to torture his friend for the location of the officers body.

(Just caught up and watched the entire series last night... DAMN what an addicting show).
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Jox: Yeah, it's him. That has been mentioned a few times in here.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, they are the same person. That is the connection between Desmond and Sayid.

'Ben' has been making the rounds on the radio stations this morning. Sounds like Ben's survival will be in question at the end of this episode, and Locke WILL live. He also suggested that Desmond will die, but it was hard to tell which of his statements were speculation and which were fact/filmed. He said the last part of his script was blank for the finale, so that no spoilers got out.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WALT! OMGWTFBBQ!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    DOES HE HAVE A JUVENILE MUSTACHE? I MEAN HE WAS LIKE 8 LAS TIME NOW HES LIKE 30 WHAT IS THIS DEVILERY
    I THINK HES NOT REAL
    AND WHY ISNT FUCKING LOCKE DEAD< IM SO MAD
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, the lost season finale is freaking awesome!!!!!! and theres only 30 mins left frown.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CHARLIE! OH NOES!! frown.gif
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    ok WHAAT
    NOW THAT WAS A FINALE
    FUTURE FLASHBACK WHAT THE JESUS WHA
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best season finale ever. I can't even imagine where Season 4 will start! Awesometasticnes.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, they killed a lot of people off. The Hurley scene with the van was awesome, charging into battle. I was wondering if naomi was part of the darma, but she didn't live long enough for us to find out. A few questions were answered, Ben finally got his ass beating. The ending of Jack and kate in present day was a little different compared to the last season finale, but at least we know they get off the island.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Did Ben die ? is that why noone came to visit ?

Also, did only Jack and Kate get off the island? Did they leave everyone else behind ?

Did everyone get off the island but people that have been changed by the island have had something horrible happen to them in the real world ?

That was a badass finale, i must say. I thought the entire thing was really mediocre until the final scene, it made my head spin.

My bet is the next season might be an explanation in detail about what exactly happened in the life of others before flight 815 crash landed .. It could also be an explanation of the entire Dharma initiative before they got killed off by the others ...
  • mookster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mookster polycounter lvl 18
    As soon as I saw the openeing scene I knew it wasn't a flashback. There was just something different about Jack, and I dont mean the beard. Shouldnt Kate have been in prison though?
    Im guessing the funeral was Lockes, his attempts to keep everyone on the island will definitely separate him from the other survivors.
    Not to many answers though (actually I think none). And I don't see how they're gonna pull out 48 more episodes. Seriously how long is it gonna take to get a helicopter to the island.
    Overall I was satisfied best finale this year.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Hmmmmm if that was the Future ...then why was Jack's father still alive..."See if my father is as drunk as I am...then you can fire me"....posssible future maybe...maybe the flashbacks were what Desmond was seeing after Charlie showed him the note on his hand..still doesnt explain Jack's father being alive though

And I wonder what the temple is?
    guess will have to wait till next season
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    temple ? Jack's father is not alive.. He just said for the sake of irony..
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omg I predicted Walt! Me ftw!
    I was wrong about the girls in the looking glass though frown.gif Doh!

Freakishly awesome finale, worth sitting through every commercial. Poor Charlie, I liked him. Though, to be honest he could have lived easily. Swimming through the port hole, or sharing the O2 tank with desmond, as they swam and held the tank. But oh well.
    Hurley was badass. Looks like for once, Ben was right. The radio seemed to bring about a series of bad things. I think the funeral was Ben's, not Locke's.
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    Most likely Ben in the coffin since he didn't have anyone in the real world....that explains why no one went to his funeral.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow HOLY JESUS! What a BRAIN FUCK!!

As for who is in the coffin, I think it was either Walt or Michael. The coffin was pretty small, so I would think it might have been one for a child. And did you notice how they showed a shot of some black people for no reason when Jack got out of the car right before going into the funeral home? That shot would serve no purpose except for something like that...
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, they have black people in Los Angeles. They walk around on the sidewalks and everything. tongue.gif

If it was Walt, Michael would have been there. If it was Michael, Walt would have been there. Dude in the coffin was probably Ben - Jack said he wasn't friend or family, and I think he'd consider all of the Losties to be his friends.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, they have black people in Los Angeles. They walk around on the sidewalks and everything. tongue.gif

If it was Walt, Michael would have been there. If it was Michael, Walt would have been there. Dude in the coffin was probably Ben - Jack said he wasn't friend or family, and I think he'd consider all of the Losties to be his friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes..I know there are black people in LA =P I just thought the scene was a little weird. Whos to say Michael isn't dead? All speculation!
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, that was a great finale. I was shocked when they actually got off the island.
    Predictions:
    4th season will be with them going back to the island if possible to set things right. To finish what Ben started because as he claimed, he was in fact the "good guy" the whole time.
    Ben is the guy in the coffin. Locke never leaves the island. Maybe he & Roussou even have somethin' going on.
    Locke gets in tight with Jacob.
    Penny Widmore funds thier efforst at Desmonds urging.
    Kate lives with Sawyer/James Ford or is married to him.
    Sawyer & Jack dont get along as when they get back Kate chooses Sawyer ultimatly and Jack doesnt deal with that well (hence the hang ups when he calls)
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    temple ? Jack's father is not alive.. He just said for the sake of irony..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben told the one eternal youth guy get the people to the temple or some such....while he went to meet Jack at the radio tower
    You might be right about Jack's father...But why would he tell the chief of surgery to go get him. And I guess Jack could have used a fake perscription with his father's name on it......I guess we'll see
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yay.. now ill be able to catch up to you guys over the reruns.... right?

[only reached end of season 2 in india, and now i move to toronto [tomorrow] so i should be able to catch it?]
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought the Finale was great. I laughed at several moments during the show due to the greatness of the moment. Like Hurley hitting that guy with the VW and when Sawyer didn't believe that Tom surrendered.
    I didn't like how they handled Charlie's death, only because there were several options for him to get out without dying. Like closing the hatch behind him, rather than inside. Or swimming out the port, like Vassago also mentioned. It was a great scene aside from that though. I would have loved it if the keypad was the tune for Funky Town though (like they did in South Park laugh.gif).

My take on the new mysterys.
    I think the image of Walt was actually Jacob. Remember that Ben said "I hope Jacob helps you then Locke". I think Jacob has ways of making himself appear however he wants.
    Jacks dad may still be alive. If you recall back to the first season, his dad's body wasn't in the coffin. His dad may have faked it in the morge.
    That future can be changed, just as it's been referenced several times with Desmond.
    I initially thought the coffin/viewing was for Sawyer, thinking he didn't have fans because of his cons, but after you guys referenced Ben, that makes way more sense. Where's Juliette btw?
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I was let down.
    Charlie's death=lame Seemed like he just died cause it was predicted.
    Future Flashback??= I think the writers might have backed themselves into a corner.
    Secrets revealed= NONE!!! SuXorZZ!
    Lost just gets more and more convoluted.
    Hero's finale sucked,
    Lost finale sucked,
    The only good season finale was The Office.