Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    Something I haven't seen anyone bring up here...The tall black guy who put together the frieghter team, and visited Hurley in the hospital in an attempt to get him to go to "another facility", his name is Matthew Abbadon.

Abbadon is one of the names of the devil or possibly the anit-christ...I guess theres some theological debate as to the whether its the devil himself, a demon, or the anti-christ....either way he's bad news. In the episode last night Sayid said of Ben "The day I trust him is the day I will have sold my soul" then hes later obviously working for Ben as one of the Oceanic 6 killing people that are on some list. However this is problematic because Abbadon is obviously looking for Ben, although for some unkown reason...they both can't be the devil, and initially Ben worked for Jacob, who seems to represent some sort of goodness. Theres also been some talk of war by Sayid...a war that he seems to be activly engaged in post-island, that tied in with the numbers being some how connected to the end of the world has some nicely apocolyptic overtones. I could continue to wildly speculate but I'll save you....before my brain explodes.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Not a particularly exciting episode, nor informative. Just more questions.

********************SPOILERS*******************

TFW!!!??? Kate took Aaron off the island?!?!
    Next week looks like it's gonna f'n PWN.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    If you think back to the season finale last year...

Kate says, "I have to get back before he realizes I'm gone."

-DING DING-

Also - is that the dark chick with the accent they keep talking to on the phone? The one Ben threw his knife in to? wtfux..

Also, I LOLD:
    title-pleasantlyplump.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    If you think back to the season finale last year...

Kate says, "I have to get back before he realizes I'm gone."

-DING DING-

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I called it about 15 minutes before the episode was over and my wife just looked at me like "shut up, stupid. It is obviously Kate and Sawyer's baby they are referring to" tongue.gif

Why did Jack not want to go by and visit Kate after the trial? Well obviously he still feels guilty about Claire's death - duh!

I guess Aaron may be one of the Oceanic Six? So one more to go I guess ...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I remember that from the finale. I thought she was talking about her "man" though - or a parole officer. Also Adam, you mean LOCKE not BEN, right? You think that's Naomi that Faraday was talking to on the phone? It certainly DID sound like her.

***************** POSSIBLE SPOILERS ********************
    I think Claire is going to die soon. Jack will find out she's his sister, that's why he's sore about not seeing the kid off-island. He knows it's his nephew, and he's not ready to face that yet.

In the preview for next week, it looks like some uberific time travel shit going on. laugh.gif

**edit well shit. Astro beat me to it. sucka laugh.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Lost is going bye bye after two more seasons?!

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=75ed77ee-1972-467a-8f4e-b11e4b6a1259

[/ QUOTE ]

"Rumour has it there will be an off-shoot sit-com that will feature Hurley and Sawyer sharing an apartment in New York City. Each week will feature the wacky adventures of the mis-matched duo as they pursue love and success in the big apple. The title of the show is to be decided as of yet."

- http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=75ed77ee-1972-467a-8f4e-b11e4b6a1259

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, about midway through tonight's episode I remembered making this up and I LOL'd. If you go read the article you will see that the "quote" does not appear but I made this up just to be a jack-ass. Tonight's episode was close enough to make me wonder if the writer's lurk on Polycount wink.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Zombie, ha!

Anyhoo, Aaron's not on the manifest so I reckon that'd not make him an Oceanic 6. Who knows.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Although he wasn't on the manifest, he was on the plane wink.gif

I think last night might have hooked my wife finally. I'm hoping. I'm not convinced Claire dies yet, but I do like Vassago's theory otherwise. There's got to be SOME reason Jack doesn't want to see Aaron, and it's probably because he's a reminder of his dad's affair.
    BTW, that kid was ugly :P
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not convinced Claire dies yet, but I do like Vassago's theory otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I believe that I heard somewhere that the actress that plays Claire is returning to a show that she was on previously in the UK. So I am guessing that they will need to kill off her character.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that'd be too bad... she's one of the pieces of eye candy on there that unfortunately isn't shown very often frown.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    I don't think Claire is going to die yet. Actually as notman points out, she is an eye candy aspect and is signed on for a few more episodes I'm sure.

But a few things I want to point out:
    They revealed that there were 8 people transfered off the island. (so what happened to the 2, if it is the Oceanic 6)
    Something obviously happens in the Locke camp.
    Hurley said in a flash-forward that he should have stayed with Jack. Sawyer is now torn, and now we learn that somehow Claire is not with her baby any more. Something happens in this group of people that we have yet to learn.
    Kate says in the finale of last season "I have to go back he will be waiting" This now might refer to the baby/Aaron rather than some mystery person who people were conspiring to say Sawyer, or Ben etc. etc.
    The Baby is no longer a baby, in fact the baby now seems to be of the age of 2-3 years.
    2-3 years PLUS a year on the island sits well with me for Walt being in the coffin. I was ALMOST turned on to thinking either Ben or Locke because of comments here. But give a young man in the 13-14 year old range a few years and he might be considered a man in the eyes of the person writing the obit. (as was one of the major arguements against my saying walt is in the coffin).
    If it was one of the 8 people off the island in the coffin, then they would not have called the group the "Oceanic 6". The person obviously died AFTER the fact. So until the last 2 are revealed to us, I'm sticking with Walt as being in the coffin from last season.

People we know get off the island in the future:
    Jack
    Kate
    Hurley
    Ben
    Sayid

Sofar though, Ben was not revealed as being one of the Oceanic 6. He might be, but so far we only know he is off the island, not that he is one of the famous Oceanic 6.

That leaves at least One More Oceanic 6 to be revealed, but more likely 2 more. And at least one more person revealed to be the opposite of Ben in the "war that can not be stopped". I think Locke will be the 8th person off the island who is at the other end of the war with Ben. Eliminating people on both sides in a quest to find answers.

Side note: There is a possibility that the 2 extras on the Oceanic 6 (8) are the kids of the people from the island. That would mean Aaron and Jin and Sun's baby. Which would also beg the question, where did Jin and Sun go?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    personally I think they all got off the island, thats what the big lie is all about
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    personally I think they all got off the island, thats what the big lie is all about

[/ QUOTE ]

never thought about that before, good point.

some hardcore stuff. I like how each flashback is more recent too so it seems like it's going to meet in the middle where present and future collide
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    yeah, it seems like they are moving on in the storyline and are focussing on the story off the island. I just hoping Lost isnt going Prison Break on us... Go to island > Escape from island > Find out why you were sent to island > Go back to island*

*replace island by prison and voila smile.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    CRAZY THEORY AHEAD

I'm thinking that the last Oceanic 6 if there is only 1 left is John Locke and he's in the coffin. He probably couldn't take life off the island.

Also I think Ben's spy on the boat is Michael. That's just a crazy stab in the dark but it seems like a nice logical twist.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ************ THEORYz0rZ ***************
    ************ THEORYz0rZ ***************

Yeah Jeffro, I think Michael is the spy as well. Ben says the spy "is a secret" so that's got to be it. Ben didn't kill the losties when they blew up everyone with TNT - so Michael likely made a deal for their saftey in exchange for spying.

I'm not sure I sit well with the idea that EVERYONE makes it off the island. Why else would Jack want to go back to the island? Someone has to still be there. So far to me, it seems like the Oceanic 6 got off the island to spread disinformation, and to stop/kill the Dharma Initiative/Mittlework sheep. In this way, they prevent more information about the island from getting out and in turn, are protecting their friends.

I'm with John being in the coffin as well. Why is the coffin short? Perhaps off the island he gets into an accident and loses his legs? Unable to cope with the wheel chair again, maybe he offs himself? There were supposedly 8 people who "survived" the crash.

The Oceanic 6 were rescued from a "deserted island". So that could be a few things. They are on the freighter and purposely sink it, or they were in a chopper that crashed? Two people apparently died in that deserted island stint.

Anyways, I can't wait for the time traveling goodness that's on this week. Go Desmond!
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, not buying the theory that everyone makes it off the island. Just doesn't make sense.

Jeffro: Your crazy theory sounds pretty right on to me. I can totally see it happening.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    this episode is only 13 minutes in and it's blowing my mind already.

edit:
    holy shit it only gets better
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    hello back to the future past WHAT
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    FUCK ME, that was a great episode. I can't believe the ending actually delivered like that! No cliffhangers or all, but mind-blowingly good TV! I'd say this was the best episode since the first season, and some of the best TV I've seen in the last year.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    I concur. Amazing.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic mind sex laugh.gif
    Loved every second of it, but hated having to explain it to the g/f every commercial...ugh.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fan-fucking-tastic episode. I had to DVR it for the wife so I will be watching it again tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
    hello back to the future past WHAT

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    FUCK ME

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    hey vassago, me too. But hey, at least she's interested in something I like.. that's always nice.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, my wife is catching on a bit now, so I don't have to do the commercial updates anymore wink.gif

Damn good episode. I didn't catch on to all the Daniel connections until hearing people call in this morning.

************Spoiler ********************
    When Dan shows his notpad and it has that statement about using Desmond as his constant, I was just thinking it was a reminder for himself in case anything happens. Someone this morning on the radio reminded everyone that when Daniel was first approached by Kate and Jack, that he had a nose bleed, like Desmond. Also, remember that he was first introduced to us, where he was crying when he saw the Oceanic discovery. Apparently he was in the shifts also, and Desmond became his constant and tied him back to reality.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    After watching that episode..my head was like...

headexplode.jpg
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ditto, my brain is crying right now.

I need like a week to process all this. I think I'm more shocked by Lost answering questions than anything.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Apparently he was in the shifts also, and Desmond became his constant and tied him back to reality

[/ QUOTE ]

You betcha!
    In last week's episode when Daniel and Charlotte were playing that card game, you could hear her say "What do you remember?" When he started looking at the cards. He's likley getting the same future-flashes as Des.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    This season has been pretty good so far, I only managed to catch up last night so I've been staying away from this thread for a while.
    The last episode was by far my most favourite Lost episode to date. I enjoyed the ending without wanting to bash my head up against the wall hoping to speed up time wanting to see what happens next week. It has finally brought back some of the supernatural themes back into the show.
    WIN!

-caseyjones
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Did anyone pick up on some of the repeated Desmond scenes? I'm just throwing that out there because for some reason I remember. I need to pick up the DVD's of the previous seasons to confirm.

I'm PRETTY sure we've seen him in the phonebooth calling Penny from the military base.

Loved how they are tying things together.. Finally we have some outside contact of HOPE.. But still no mention of Desmond in the Oceanic 6 (or 8). Isn't there only 1 or 2 episodes before the mid-season cliffhanger?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What a wonderful episode!

Almost brought a tear to my eye
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Bit late as I was away but holy crap! AWESOME EPISODE!

I don't -quite- get the very end with his letter in the journal to himself. They music made it seem like a super import reveal, but it just seemed like a precautionary note.

Did I miss something?

Desmond episodes always seem to deliver and this was no different.

I'm on the Michael-is-the-mole wagon as well. Seems logical - but, this being Lost, logical isn't always right.

I am still thinking Jack's dad = coffin (was never really dead) = ghost chair guy (can't think of his name atm, Nathan?) = part of the bigger picture along with Penny's dad (Widmore).
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    AdamBrome: The big deal is that he wrote that note a while ago.. He wasn't looking at something he just wrote.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the reference to Penny's father buying the log of the black pearl at auction was obvious but a classic lost background piece.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

I don't -quite- get the very end with his letter in the journal to himself. They music made it seem like a super import reveal, but it just seemed like a precautionary note.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my spoiler note above. It was something he had written to himself a while back and he was looking at it because it finally happened (using Desmond as a constant). So, he's no longer suffering from his flashbacks. There were several signs during the episode that alluded to Daniel suffering from the same problem:
    <ul type="square"> [*]Daniel had a nose bleed when Kate and Jack found him [*]He thought there was a crash, but the helicopter was fine [*]He mentioned a 'people exposed to a magnetic field or high radiation levels' suffer from it. Then they showed him at the University, exposing himself to high doses of ratiation. [*]When we first saw Daniel (previous episose), he was crying after seeing the Oceanic flight, but said he didn't know why. Probably because he was there and didn't remember. [*]Everyone on the boat seems to think he's crazy [*]They were testing his ability to remember cards (like the rat remembering stuff from the future). [/list]

And yeah, I think his dad wasn't dead, or somehow entering the island, cause him to come back to life because it took his body back in time.
    Michael is suppose to be the mole. I read it at a spoiler site, which is why I left it up to you guys to guess wink.gif He's also probably the person who opened the door for Sayid and Desmond. (When the other guy said, "you guys must have a friend on this ship")
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I forget where, but I saw a webisode of Lost that was only 1-2 minutes. It shows Jack's dad getting Vincent to wake Jack up on the beach when the flight first crashed (which is why I think what I think).

Notman, cool facts. Makes sense, he's no longer suffering.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, one major thing that I don't get:

Past Daniel told past Desmond that he needed a constant in both time periods and it had to be something that he really <u>cared</u> about. Why would Daniel give two shits about Desmond enough to make him his constant?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ok, one major thing that I don't get:

Past Daniel told past Desmond that he needed a constant in both time periods and it had to be something that he really <u>cared</u> about. Why would Daniel give two shits about Desmond enough to make him his constant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Desmond completed his life's work and gave him the numbers he needed for his experiment. I would care, so i assume that's it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And if you know he's going to be your constant, you might care about him more wink.gif

Adam: Yeah, I saw that webisode also... That's why I agree that something was funny about his dad. There are several theories going around though. Some thing that Jacob or the smoke monster (maybe the same being), took over the corpse. Personally, I don't agree with the corpse thing, but those believers felt it was proven when we saw Jack's dad in the cabin with Locke.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Hands down best episode of Lost yet, and best episode of anything on TV in years. And I'm not even really a fan of the show.

Favorite part: when scientist guy was trying to explain it and using the term "Becoming unstuck in time". Hello Billy Pilgrim! Which was a bit of a coincidence because my girlfriend came over halfway through and doesn't watch the show at all. I pause the show, quickly try to catch her up on this one episode, we sort of got sidetracked talking about time travel (I showed her Primer last weekend) and I was constantly referencing Slaughterhouse 5 since the episode was clearly inspired by it. Then I unpause, and that line comes up. Loved it.

PS. Thank god they killed off that other guy in the sick bay. I hate that actor and his whiny fucking voice.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    the reference to Penny's father buying the log of the black pearl at auction was obvious but a classic lost background piece.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I watched the episode again last night and I spotted that as well. Didn't catch it the first time.
    Also, did anyone notice who the previous owner was? Tovard Hanso... Possibly linked to the Hanso Foundation?

-caseyjones
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The previous owner of the Black Rock manual or whatever the pirate thing was called was Oliver Hanso. I believe he's in a few training videos from either late Season 2 or early Season 3. I would assume he's the Hanso of Hanso Foundation.

So there's obviously a huge tie between Penny's Dad and the Island. Is he the one looking for Ben or is it the dude that went to see Hurley in the nut house?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The previous owner of the Black Rock manual or whatever the pirate thing was called was Oliver Hanso. I believe he's in a few training videos from either late Season 2 or early Season 3. I would assume he's the Hanso of Hanso Foundation.

So there's obviously a huge tie between Penny's Dad and the Island. Is he the one looking for Ben or is it the dude that went to see Hurley in the nut house?

[/ QUOTE ]
    http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Tovard_Hanso

-caseyjones
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I forgot to touch on the Black Rock. That auction was another huge piece. Notice how Penny's dad stated he didn't have a problem with Desmond, yet he did earlier. That's part of why he did the boat race. Makes you wonder if he purposely enticed Desmond into doing that race, knowing what might result. I'm sure Penny has not inherited that log, and it is probably why she was aware of, and searching for, the island.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THEORY REVISION:

The coffin at the funeral Jack attends. My previous theory was that it was Locke in the coffin. That perhaps he got off island and somehow lost his legs (car accident). Unable to deal, he kills himself.

While I'm keeping that on the backburner, I have a different one for now. HURLEY is in the coffin. If you could read the newspaper from the end of season 3, you can see "Man", "by the name of" and the letters "Jo" in the artile.
    Hurley is short, and his real name is spelled Jorge. Considering the state at which we last saw Hurley in the future (seeing dead Charlie and all) I don't think it's far fetched that Hurley possibly kills himself (or gets out and crashes another car :P)
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago: That makes absolutely zero sense. Hurley's real name in the show is Hugo. Why would they ever reference a characters real-life name? (Jorge Garcia)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well shit, I had a brain fart. Leave me alone laugh.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Plus wouldn't Hurley's Mother and rest of his family go to his funeral? I still think that Locke is in the coffin and that Michael is the spy on the boat.