Home General Discussion

Information About Polycount & New Member Introductions

Replies

• Febster
    Offline / Send Message
    Febster polycounter lvl 5
    Hey! I'm Kyrylo. I'm studying 3d modeling. In usual life I'm working as senior product designer. Cheers!
  • ryansizemore
    Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm getting back into 3D environment modeling. I originally went to school a while back for 3D modeling and animation but wasn't able to make a career out of it at the time. Lately, I've been motivated to once again pursue that path and am working hard to build up a new portfolio and to network within the game development community.
  • Garabrant
    Offline / Send Message
    Garabrant polycounter lvl 3
    please delete my account. Thanks
  • KenWong
    Offline / Send Message
    KenWong null
    Hi there! My name's Ken, I'm a Voice Actor and would love to volunteer to help out with any voiceover requirements you may need. Admittedly, I'm fairly new to the scene but I hope to expand my network with promising individuals here. So feel free to message me for any requests!

I've always been interested in games and Graphic Design is one of my strong suits, so it's wonderful to see the creativity budding here.
  • bipolarbear45
    Offline / Send Message
    bipolarbear45 polycounter lvl 10
    Hi there! My name is Thomas and I am an Environment Artist.  In a past life, I was also a QA tester. I recently when back to school to finish up my education.  I have now graduated and I am looking for ways to improve and make cool stuff.  I always welcome any tips or tricks so feel free to message me. I am currently working on more projects designed to refine my current modeling skills and learn some new texturing skills.
  • Belfy93
    Offline / Send Message
    Belfy93 null
    Hi Polycount!

I'm Davide, amateur 3d environment artist.
    I've been a silent watcher of this forum for far too long, and now that I started to work on a videogame with some other amateurs I decided to try to bring my hobby to the next level and improve for real.

I'm so excited about joining this community, I just have to ask you to be kind about my english, since it's not my mother language.
  • JdR2
    Offline / Send Message
    JdR2 polycounter lvl 4
    Hi! I'm Juan Daniel, but i use JdR2 for almost everything i do online.

I'm from Colombia and i want to be a professional 3D Animator.

I just finish my degree in Multimedia Production 2 weeks ago, with a focus on Video games development.

I've been doing 3D animation as a Hobby for almost 7 years doing some short things from time to time, but just considering doing it like a profession last year, although i started to take it seriously a couple a months ago.

I hope i can share with you people something soon so i can have as much feedback as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!
  • theokain
    Offline / Send Message
    theokain triangle
    Hi, I'm Theo, I'm a 3D generalist with character animation, currently focusing on 3D modeling and hand painted textures.

I've been making 3D art on and off since 2001 but only taking it seriously since 2008 after graduating my animation course. Since then I've worked in various design fields, and even learned some programming so I could publish small games made with Unity.

I would like to work with indie or even large game studios making beautiful 3d assets and handpainted or stylised textures.

Thanks and look forward to becoming a member and a small part of this community!
  • Pryme_XIII
    Hi there,
    my name is Nick and I'm a mixed media student, who is pretty much self taught in game art (i.e. 3D/2D, modeling, sculpting, texturing).
    I'm currently working on my Bachelor Thesis, which focuses on building an environment in UE4.
    Since everything I know is based on YT, learning by doing and failing a lot, I finally decided it's about time to join this community
    to (hopefully) contribute, share and get some feedback.

Cheers!
  • ksarvas
    Offline / Send Message
    ksarvas triangle
    Hey Everybody!

My name is Kyle Sarvas and I'm currently a student at Gnomon School of Visual Effects. I'm aspiring to be an Environment Artist in the games industry and hope to keep learning a ton from all you knowledgeable and talented Polycount users.

Cheers!
  • calyxrba
    Offline / Send Message
    calyxrba null
    Hi! 
    My name is Calyx. I'm studying Games Art and Design and I want to go into asset production, but I'm a slow learner and sometimes have trouble! I really enjoy 3D modelling despite this, particularly when it comes to creature design. I'll probably be pretty quiet most of the time, so don't expect me to be too chatty! 
  • fil5
    Offline / Send Message
    fil5 polycounter lvl 4
  • Eric_Rizz
    Hello !

My name is Eric, i fell down a rabbit hole in my backyard and found Zbrush. I'm generally trying to improve my digital sculpting and grasp of the software. I signed up in hopes of learning some major does and donts as i realize Zbrush is quite a pluralistic tool when it comes to workflow but that not all methods are as expedient.

Looking forward to meeting you all, to evolve and share.
  • Dom_B
    Offline / Send Message
    Dom_B null
    Hello fellow artist!

My name's Dom, I graduated a couple of months ago with a degree in Game Art and Design. My dream is to be a character artist for games or film. I'm always looking to push myself and improve my skills to achieve that dream. I heard this is a great place to learn and receive feedback so here I am! I look forward to growing alongside you all as artist!

Feel free to check out some of my work!
    Instagram/Artstation
  • GustavoHorn3D
    Hello

My name is Gustavo, I am an architect who recently finished a Digital Production program at Gnomon School. I aim to work as a 3D Environment Artist in the Games industry. I have lots of personal projects and ideas that I'm hoping to bring to life and share in these forums so that I can get valuable feedback to improve more and more so that my goal can be achieved.
  • Ibrahim_Lancoln
    Offline / Send Message
    Ibrahim_Lancoln polycounter lvl 7
    Hi fellow artists, I am Ibrahim Lancoln a Game environment artist.

I worked at Gameloft Montreal for almost 2 years and now I start new personal projects.
    I hope my feedback will be useful to you and that we have a good time sharing knowledge :)
  • Bloo
    Offline / Send Message
    Bloo null
    Hello, I'm Bloo, i'm from France
     I am a 3D  student in second years.   My dream is to be a animator for games or film.
    I'm always looking to push myself and improve my skills. I hope to share and improve my skills here :smiley:

• André_SiK
    Offline / Send Message
    André_SiK triangle
    YO! 
    Hi guys, i'm André SiK . I live in Santo André / Brazil.
    I hope I can contribute to the game community!And let's battle for it    :D

• ClydeAldrich
    Heeyyyyyy everyone !! How are y'll ?
  • ClydeAldrich
    Hoodz hahaha maybe ;)

Admin note: User banned for surreptitiously posting their spam url in a reply. And using spam-style username/email disparity. Watch out, kids, they're hiding among us.
  • Dasha_Canavar
    Offline / Send Message
    Dasha_Canavar polycounter lvl 2
    Hey polycount!
    I am Darja. I am from Ukraine. I lived in Hungary for 20 years and I have studied classical art in the hungarian university. Now I live in Denmark and want to  change my qualification. My goal to work in a team doing the things I can and love. Digital drawing seems perfect opportunity.. I just need to specify my future job and train for it.. Such an easy task! Hurraaay! 

You can check out my portfolio https://dasha_canavar.artstation.com
  • BrainMedicine
    Offline / Send Message
    BrainMedicine polycounter lvl 6
  • omon
    Offline / Send Message
    omon polycounter lvl 4
  • BaconBeard
  • clean_coal
    Hello hello. Can't wait to be involved in this community. I do whatever it takes to get the job done, and am a fast learner when it comes to software and new techniques. Because of this, you'll see me creating stuff using tools that aren't really industry standard (huge supporter of open source and the little guys). Always experimenting and learning, so i'm in no place to judge. If it's different, odd, or unique, I'll automatically like it!

No need to fear me.
  • phoenixcorp
    Offline / Send Message
    phoenixcorp polycounter lvl 13
  • oraeles77
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
    I realised I never posted a proper introduction, Im not sure what to say because Im not very good at 3d stuff, but here is a link to my artstation page.

• benparise
    Hi everyone! I am an environment artist looking to learn and improve my skills. My portfolio is http://benparise.com/ and I would love to get some feedback.
  • MizuhaMD
    Offline / Send Message
    MizuhaMD polycounter lvl 2
    Hello fellows!
    I'm self-taught 3d artist and right now working at indie game studio called Hashed Egg as an 3d generalist over a year. Just want to become a part of community of a great artists and share my work with others. Criticism are very welcomed and I hope I'll grow faster with your help here.
  • zaha
    Offline / Send Message
    zaha polycounter lvl 5
    Hello polycount!

My name's Michael and I'm a self-taught artist hailing from germany. I am a software developer by day, but around the age of 14 I fell in love with 3D art. I played around a lot with 3DS MAX and later even purchased a software called "Monzoom 3D" (if anyone knows this :D) for a whopping 200 €, which was quite a lot for me at that age. I tried to create some Half-Life 1 & 2 mods back then, but my ambitions were far greater than my skills at the time. After some years, my motivation dwindled as I had to focus on my studies and got more into programming.

Over a decade later I stumbled over Blender and my motivation has been rekindled. Today, stuff I was not able to figure out back then is easy as childs play. My main motivation is to create games in the Unreal Engine 4. To get something done I try to be as self-sufficient as I can, so I picked up Blender, the Substance Package and recently even ZBrush (benefits of having a salary :sunglasses: ). That does not mean I only work alone, though. I partnered up with an old friend of mine working together on some first, small games as our limited time permits. I'm doing the programming and some basic art, he's contributing the more awesome art. :mrgreen:

I'm not trying to break into the industry or anything, this is purely a self-creational hobby for me. So far it's been a lot of learning (only started sculpting last week, I'm more comfortable with Blender und UE4).

I registered here to keep up my motivation as well as to give and receive constructive criticism to improve. After all, there is nothing more valuable than sharing thoughts and opinions in a nice community, meeting like-minded people to help each other out. :)

Cheers!

• Dypnotic
    Offline / Send Message
    Dypnotic polycounter lvl 4
    Hi, have been lurking for a while. I am digital arts graduate from Austria and hope to learn a lot more here. Looking forward to a fun experience!
  • thimblefolio
    Offline / Send Message
    thimblefolio polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, I'm a digital artist / illustrator from the UK. I'm self taught and I've been trying to up my skills over the past several years by learning new techniques and practicing more. I'm working on a personal story based project and other projects to explore concept art and learn new things. I only found this forum recently but I would like to join the community here and contribute to the conversation when I can :smile:
    All the best!
  • MrBunneh
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBunneh null
    Hey I'm a big videogame fan who loves game art and design, I've studied 3D modelling using Maya in college and love creating pixel art and low poly assets and scenes. 

I'm also use Unity game engine to create small scenes for myself for fun and experience and would love to use my assets I create into the engine and to generally become better at modelling in 3D and use blender.

Thanks! :)
  • MariskaStudio397
    Hello, I was told to post in this thread to activate my account and be able to start a topic. I am working for Studio 397, a Netherlands based company that creates realistic, accurate and engaging sim racing platform. 
  • AnimationAlerts
    Hi,

This is Tarun and I am #d Animator and Graphic designer from Delhi, India. Glad to arrive at this forum. I hope to help people here with whatever knowledge i have and would learn from other people's experience as well.

My website : AnimationAlerts
    Glad to be here.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Navoda said:
    How can we delete topic ? 
    Ask nicely, send an email to helpdesk@polycount.com
  • MuffinTop
    Offline / Send Message
    MuffinTop keyframe
    Hey!
    Can't say anything super cool about myself like almost all of you did. So sorry, guys. 
    I am just a 3d artist making games. Wanna bump into your experience and share mine. 
    Cheers!
  • okieyo
    Offline / Send Message
    okieyo polycounter lvl 8
  • lucasperes
    Offline / Send Message
    lucasperes polycounter lvl 8
    Hi, my name is Lucas. I'm a 3D student and I love Hard Surface. I plan to learn a lot here with all of you.

Cheers :smile:
  • Luven
    Offline / Send Message
    Luven polycounter lvl 5
    Hello, my name is Maxime Vermeulen and I am a junior character artist from France. I'll be posting as soon as the polycount bot gets my sketchbook post approved :p
  • manuison
    Offline / Send Message
    manuison polycounter lvl 7
    Hello guys my name is Manish i am an environment artist  from  india , i really wanted to improve my environment art skills , so would really appreciate
    if you guys could provide me some critics and suggestion so that i could improve my self 
    Thankyou
  • Snaksan
    Offline / Send Message
    Snaksan polycounter lvl 3
    Hello there! 
  • FIGURAMA1
    Hello Polycount!

Greetings from SLOVAKIA
    Cheers
  • Lika
    Offline / Send Message
    Lika polycounter lvl 3
    Hello, 
    I'm Hicham / Lika, a student in technical art, :)
  • Consue
    Offline / Send Message
    Consue node
    Hayo I’m Consuelo and currently living in Spain... For the moment. I’m a senior and soon will be going to the US to study. I like environment art especially large landscape type stuff I originally started working with Minecraft(:P) and now I’m working in a few Unreal projects 
  • NineLimits
    Offline / Send Message
    NineLimits triangle
    Hey, I see this is the place to introduce myself! I am mainly a digital artist aside from sketching in sketchbooks a ton. I use Medibang Paint Pro for my 2D painting and drawings. I'm also starting to dabble in 3D art with Blender, though I'm keeping most of that to myself, as I'm still in the first stages of my learning. Right now my main goal is to get to the point where I can create high level 2D illustrations and concepts, so I'll be working hard on that this year.

I'm excited to be here, learning more about 3D art on the forums, seeing the amazing work of both 2D and 3D artists, and getting some tips on improving my 2D art. Maybe I'll even get a chance to help others as I improve! Looking forward to getting to know some of you!
  • ManuelS
    Hello. My name is Manuel. I'm an industrial design student from Argentina. I'm just starting in poly modelling, mostly self taught. Hope I can give something back to this big community. Thanks!
  • BaguetteSticks
    Hey, my name's John from Ireland and I've just become interested in 3D modelling. so I hope I can get a bit better at it.
  • Thoughcrayish
    Offline / Send Message
    Thoughcrayish polycounter lvl 4
    Hey there, im Environment artist and want to share my work!
  • Lucie666
    Just joined, testing if post will appear...