Home General Discussion

Information About Polycount & New Member Introductions

Replies

• KindachiShota
    Hello,

I am KindachiShota from Japan. I am learning or training myself on 3D art. I hope I will good support or information which can increase my skills... Thank you very much... :) 
  • Mohamed_Salah_Bchir
    Offline / Send Message
    Mohamed_Salah_Bchir polycounter lvl 5
    Hello, I'm Mohamed, 26 years old from Tunisia, I started learning 3D 3 months ago, I'm loving it and learning fast. I hope to make friends and find work opportunities but no one will ever read this so.. :D 

• humanrail
    Offline / Send Message
    humanrail polycounter lvl 2
    Hi everyone

My name is Paul, I'm 30 years old, started learning 3D about a year ago. Here is link to Artstation with my progress so far -  https://www.artstation.com/paul_k
  • Yther
    Offline / Send Message
    Yther polycounter lvl 3
    Hello, everyone! My name is Clemence and I'm an aspiring environment artist looking to improve my skills. :)
  • TetsuHunter
    Howdy, 

I'm Benjamin, I'm currently learning to 3D model in Blender. Starting to start working towards a career in the video game industry.

Thanks for having me!
  • Delta307
    Offline / Send Message
    Delta307 polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Everyone :3 
    I'm Bryan, a lone skyboxer from the distant land of New Zealand, currently dealing with Saurons Orcs and in my final year of study. I cant wait to share some of my work on here :smile:
  • artdanylov
    Offline / Send Message
    artdanylov polycounter lvl 5
    Hello :)
    I`m 3d generalist.
  • ijur
    Offline / Send Message
    ijur polycounter lvl 3
  • IsThisElusive
    Offline / Send Message
    IsThisElusive polycounter lvl 6
    Hey everyone!
    Sondre from Norway here. Studying VFX and 3d art at the moment, before that I've been a hobbyist for several years.
    Looking forward to posting here :)
    M.V.H Sondre. 
  • HarleyG
    Offline / Send Message
    HarleyG polycounter lvl 2
    Hi, I apparently made a profile a while ago but didn't post? Ah well..

I'm Harley Gresham. I want to be a 3D environment artist. I live in Japan, although I'm from Australia. I've been taking Ryan Kingslien's online part time boot camp, and I've come to the realization that I need to go back to basics. Over the course of this week, I'll be starting my sketch book so I can get critique. Thank you, and nice to be here.
  • SilverNightSigh
    Offline / Send Message
    SilverNightSigh polycounter lvl 5
    Hello everyone.  I'm a digital artist from the Central Valley of California...  I'm looking to share my work and to see some great things from all of you as well.  I use Zbrush and Photoshop mainly.   Always seeking out great advice.  
  • AstralZombie
    Hello, new member. Been lurking for a while, but ready to jump in and get dirty. Recently moved from film and animation side of things to the real time world, so, this site has been invaluable.  I'm currently working as a skybox artist, but, am focused more on learning hard surface modeling in my personal time.
  • VioletDusk
    hi everyone. I have been a long time gamer I absolutely love virtual worlds like secondlife but they always made me want more, more of a gaming aspect to it. I have made clothes for second life and enjoy that but I have decided to start making my own video games and I am starting with 3d sculpting. I joined this forum for tips. I watched a video saying a good way to practice is drawing with good old fashioned pen and paper but I suck at drawing I do better on computers. I am going to be downloading blender and sculptris to get me to start learning. I want to learn a lot about before I decide weather or not I'm good enough to pay for classes. any tips, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated 
  • fil5
    Offline / Send Message
    fil5 polycounter lvl 4
  • MBandurska
  • kurylo3d
    Offline / Send Message
    kurylo3d polycounter lvl 3
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi there. I'm a beginner 3D artist who hopes to improve, and my dream job to is to work as an animator for games.
    I'm really shy but I'll do my best to be active with the community!
    Currently I'm working on a small 3D game to practice skills mostly on animation and general modeling.

I used to have an old profile but I wish to start a new (plus I was ignorant at the time and just posted a single sketchbook thread of my crummy works, wondering why I never got a response or feedback). So I apologize for my ignorance and I'll do my best to keep out of troubles. I'm like a grandma when it comes to computers so I'll calm myself and try to read the things I can.

Anyways, here's to a new start!
  • Phenopeia
    Offline / Send Message
    Phenopeia polycounter lvl 2
    Hi! New member here - just recently started looking around the web for forums for 3D artists and instantly found Polycount as a very inspiring community. I am 3D generalist with 3 years of working experience. Last summer I graduated from film school, however, I am more passionate about game industry than movies and I'm looking forward on improving my computer graphics skills to be able to join game development projects as environment artist and/or game designer. 
  • Faileron
    Hey! I've been meaning to post here since 2012 when I started a games design degree, and it was about time I broke that long-standing habit of not having an account!

I've been doing some form of 3D art for about eleven years but don't have any professional experience whatsoever; I spend a lot of time doing it but haven't learned a lot. I'm hoping that this will change. :smile:

• ookin
    Offline / Send Message
    ookin polycounter lvl 6
    hello,... hope we can help each other to make bautiful world. :)
  • marsilainen
    Offline / Send Message
    marsilainen polycounter lvl 6
    Long time lurker and decided to finally register. I have found the forum very helpful for my studies and i hope that i can give something back too.
  • humblebee
    Offline / Send Message
    humblebee polycounter lvl 5
    Hi everyone!

trying to go from lurking to a more active approach on here.
    I'm Sean, 3D environment artist, studying game art in the UK and currently
    working for Yuumei as a 3D background artist.
  • Fl0rida_Man
    Same as marsilainen, I'm a long time lurker. Ever since 2000 I've wanted to get into this field, more so Concept and Environment Design. Even graduated with a degree in Animation, which I've done nothing with ever since graduating. Better late than never. Will give back as much as possible.  
  • serg2712
    Offline / Send Message
    serg2712 null
    Hello Polycount-Forum!
    My name is Sergey and I am a Game-Art graduate from Germany, originally born in Russia. :smile:
    Thank you for keeping this site running, I already learned a lot by reading here!
    Now I hope that I can also add a little bit of value to this great site! Currently working on a portfolio and hope to get some feedback too :smile:

• darkgaze
    Offline / Send Message
    darkgaze polycounter lvl 3
  • annatateson
    Offline / Send Message
    annatateson polycounter lvl 5
    I've had an account for a while and been lurking for longer still but I've just started a sketchbook thread so I figure it's time to say hello! I'm a second year 3D Games Art student at the University of Hertfordshire, currently focusing on characters. 
  • SteveRacer
    Offline / Send Message
    SteveRacer polycounter lvl 4
    Hey,

I'm a film and animation producer and actor in Los Angeles. I'm getting more into video game stuff lately, though I used to do mods... I've played around with Blender and made some spaceships. There's a few projects that I hope will take off and I could use some good 3D modelers. I also am a huge nerd and I love anime and do swordfighting... you can see my feature film on Amazon, it's called Altered Spirits. Anyway, hope to make some good contacts here!

• SteveRacer
    Offline / Send Message
    Same as marsilainen, I'm a long time lurker. Ever since 2000 I've wanted to get into this field, more so Concept and Environment Design. Even graduated with a degree in Animation, which I've done nothing with ever since graduating. Better late than never. Will give back as much as possible.  
    Hey why haven't you done anything with your degree? What kind of animation did you focus on? 
  • SteveRacer
    Offline / Send Message
    Well... having just joined yesterday I'm going to guess this is an April Fool's thing? :) 
  • karista
    Offline / Send Message
    karista polycounter lvl 4
    Hi everyone ! 
    My name is Alisson, I am a young 3D Artist from France,  i finally decided to join this community :) 
  • theUncommon
    Hey! I got dragged along to the London meetup by Fearian and met a bunch of you lovely people!

I'm a game designer rather than a 3D artist but it's something I'm aiming to learn so I can do more with my own designs.
  • Claddish
    Offline / Send Message
    Claddish null
    Hey! I am in the same boat as theUncommon... god dammit Fearian... 
    I'm also not a 3D artist, but have dabbled in that area and will continue to dabble on my own project
  • everfrost77
    Offline / Send Message
    everfrost77 polycounter lvl 3
    Hi, programmer with strong interest in tech artistry
  • starakat
    Offline / Send Message
    starakat node
    Hi, my name is Tara and I've justed started to learn 3d sculpting/modeling, focusing mainly on character modeling.  I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.
  • Hammer
    Offline / Send Message
    Hammer null
    Hey team! My name is Jack, currently a games artist working in the UK. Looking to get more involved with the community whilst improving myself at the same time :) All the best! 
  • jiggywattart
    Offline / Send Message
    jiggywattart polycounter lvl 5
    Hello polycount community. I'm a novice and just started getting into 3d art!
  • Michalo
    Offline / Send Message
    Michalo polycounter lvl 2
    Hey, hey!
    My name is Michal, I'm digital sculptor from Poland. I mostly do things for 3d prints and I'm here for the art you're making. Always looking for inspirations and maybe some help ;)
  • Epsilonn
    Offline / Send Message
    Epsilonn null
    Hello, I'm Epsilonn, from France and I'm glad to be part to polycount community, share art, advices and happiness. I'm interested in animation films and video games. I would love to be an environment artist for those industry.  :smile: 
  • OliverJSR
    Offline / Send Message
    OliverJSR polycounter lvl 5
    Hey there, My name is Oliver and I am a character artist and freelance illustrator.  Always looking to support new artists and offer help where I can.  I'm still fairly new to 3D art so I'd love to see what people think of my work so far.  What attracted me to polycount is the supportive atmosphere.  It is really nice to be part of a community that isn't just trying to compete with each other. catch me on twitter: @OliverJSR 
  • Richy
    Offline / Send Message
    Richy polycounter lvl 6
    Good day. My first post for activation.
  • tschrock
    Offline / Send Message
    tschrock null

Hello everyone.  My name is Tim and my main skill is music composition which also includes live recorded performance and written transcriptions.  I have been transcribing video game soundtracks for a few years now and have composed for several game jams. It's time for me to reach for the next level.  If you need foley and design as well, please do not hesitate to ask.  

At the same rate, I am always on the lookout for musicians and voice actors; I am oftentimes surprised by how much amazing talent comes from the most unlikely places.  Thank you!   

• TravisMcCallum
    Hello!
    My name is Travis McCallum and I am training myself to be a VFX Artist.  Currently I practice building particle effects, materials and blueprints in UE4. Hoping to expand into other programs as my proficiency increases.

I dropped out of graduate school for Journalism this year at age 31. (My B.A. was in Theatre.) I currently work two in-between-jobs as a server at a movie theatre and a contract video editor for a media company. I started branding myself as a content creator creating videos with AfterEffects. I had a chance encounter with two game developers at my server job whom encouraged me to do VFX in games as opposed to motion pictures.  They said the demand, job stability, medical insurance and many other incentives were there.

I'm experiencing the joys and frustrations of being a technical artist with "full immersion."  Whenever I'm not at work, or spending T.V. time cuddling with my wonderful girlfriend, I'm hammering away on tutorials, articles, podcasts and the engine itself.  It's been two weeks since I made the leap and each day I am excited to compile a infinite combination of art inside a virtual constraint.

Please recommend any mentors, masterclasses, podcasts, influencers and VFX you know and love to see.  Besides ArtStation, RealTimeVFX has been an invaluable resource in my continuing education.  Sadly the scope of VFX information is sparsely organized in comparison to other specializations-- which I might infer to the intense problem solving required of the job as a creative and technical expert on a myriad of subjects (anatomy, environmental, etc.)

I hope to learn and contribute to this community.  I've only read wonderful and encouraging posts from everyone.  And if you are local to Dallas, TX-- hit me up for a beer!

Travis McCallum
    Twitter I Website I ArtStation 
  • Tony84
    Offline / Send Message
    Tony84 polycounter lvl 7
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Tony and I'm a modeler, nice to meet you =)
  • Kedyz
    Offline / Send Message
    Kedyz polycounter lvl 7
    Hello!

I'm Eddy, I´ve been lurking around here since 2011 when I was a student, now i'm a Character Artist at Ubisoft and hopefully contribute sometime soon! 
  • RealFagiano
    Hiya fellow artists!!
    My name's Emanuele, I'm an italian 3D artist. I've attended a small school about game art in Florence and I'm currently looking to improve my skillset in creating game ready 3D assets and a good personal portfolio to show around when I'll be looking to be hired in the industry.

I've been using the forum's vast knowledge pool for a while now and I think the time has come for me to start getting my feet wet.
    So by registering on this forum I hope I can get to know good people and exchange some quality feedback so we can all become killer artists and good friends.

LET'S GO DUDE. ♥

• corey23
    Offline / Send Message
    corey23 polycounter lvl 4
    Sup guys!

I´m Corey, 3D Character Artist and I´m  glad to be here. 
  • Nordhal
    Offline / Send Message
    Nordhal null
    Hello polycounters !
    I'm Nordhal, I do 3D modeling by passion. I'm totally a debutant, but would love to learn more and improve my skills.
    I checked this forum for quite a time now, and always impressed by the posted artist works.
    So I decided to join, I hope someday I'll be able to help new polycounters like me, and show 3D models I'll be proud of !
  • SquidInkDream
    Hello! I’m SquidInkDream, and I am a very young artist who wants to learn to create better art and characters so that when I’m older, I can hopefully go into the video game industry. Nice to meet everyone!
  • bruceevans
    Offline / Send Message
    bruceevans polycounter lvl 5
  • Jo
    Offline / Send Message
    Jo polycounter lvl 9
    Hi ,im Joao Neto,I im 3D Environment Artist for games.