notman wrote: »
    Alberto: Read this if you want an answer to your question -
    They are all already infected

hmmmmmm.... What a twist! lol
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Finally caught up. About damn time Carl killed Shane. I've been waiting all season for that. Now, when are we getting Michonne??

566042-wd_19_cov_large.jpg
  • gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK wrote: »
    Finally caught up. About damn time Carl killed Shane. I've been waiting all season for that. Now, when are we getting Michonne??

566042-wd_19_cov_large.jpg
    Her pet too
    Can't wait to see it...
    Rumor circulating that she will appear in the second season finale "Beside the Dying Fire,
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I'm there with you on Michonne coming in. Don't really see it happening till early season 3. Seems like a stretch to fit in tonight. Guess we'll know in a few hours!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    wait theres still another episode? I thought the last one was the season finale. Holy shit.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    After watching a bit of today's season marathon, it looks like both Shane and that kid had some heavy contact with zombie blood...

...perhaps the virus is transmitted by blood?
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so it's not voodoo then?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Is it just me or is this episode really freaking dark. Even the last one in the marathon was. But the recap at the start made everything look much brighter..... And that first commercial break was freaking looooong
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Great finale!!!! Holy!!!! Spoilers incoming!!

Michonne it is! I havent read the books, just saw the pic in this thread. I'm verrrry interested in this character. Wtf are with her armless zombies!?

Looked like a prison at the end. But I love what Rick is turning into. Goooood times.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hugh wrote: »
    ustv_walking_dead_jimm.jpg
    WHO THE HELL IS JIMMY AND WHERE WAS HE?????

The guy just randomly shows up driving the RV...WTF??

More like he's been there since the second episode of Season 2. He was Hershel's son I believe. He wasn't that important of a character, but he was in at least like 8 episodes.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    yeah he was definitely there. i think he even went out on some scouting thing with rick once.. maybe?

in general for the ending.. meh.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram wrote: »
    yeah he was definitely there. i think he even went out on some scouting thing with rick once.. maybe?

in general for the ending.. meh.

He was with Rick and Hershel when they were taking the two walkers out of the swamp and putting them into the barn. Also you're a party pooper.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Rick finally turning into a badass.

Michonne shows up.

They got off the farm.

Sploosh.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    What a crazy episode, the ending wasn't that strong, but I don't care just seeing that barn burn down was enough! oh yeah I like crazy ninja amazonian women.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    That Michonne shot was fucking beautiful!

100E5451.jpg

Also, Grats to T-Dawg surviving another season.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WTF is the problem with Ricks wife?
    A couple episodes ago shes all sinister and shit, tellin him he's gotta protect his family by killing Shane. So he finally goes out and does it, and now shes all pissed at him for doin it!

gotta be the most realistic female character Ive ever seen on TV. :P
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    mindblown.gif

I was NOT expecting Michonne at that moment. I loved the WTF from my wife, when Michonne appeared though.

And there you go guys, Rick finally said it;
    they are already infected

Lori, die please. Thanks. Seriously, is she pissed she won't get the threesome she was always dreaming of? She basically said to kill Shane, a few weeks back.
    Oh, and WTF T-Dog? You're finally going to grow a pair, and start driving for the coast?

And yeah, I don't recall seeing Jimmy, or Patricia, much at all also. They should have been wearing red shirts.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Did anyone watch Talking Dead after the show? I liked when they brought up Lori getting pissed after she told Rick to do something. and Kirkman was just like what? All she said was do SOMETHING. But really, how many times have you been told to do something and NOT killed someone?

Spoiler about next season...

Michonne is
    Danai Gurira. Google her yourself

and from Kirkmans mouth.
    Governor is coming in season 3. Played by David Morrissey. “While I think that people are going to like the character, I don’t think it will be because he is doing likable things. I don’t think it will be because he appears heroic. I think that he’s definitely going to be a character that people love to hate and are absolutely entertained by, but also somewhat terrified of. He’s definitely going to be a very important character and a very nuanced character. We are not going to be watering him down.” - Kirkman”
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I loved the Memoriam they did, with the different names for the walkers.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Dang that was a good episode. I really hope season 3 has this pacing.

Can't wait till Halloween or whenever season 3 is starting.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    "We are not going to be watering him down.” - Kirkman
    Wow... There are going to be a lot of slow fades to darkness as we hear things happening...
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Paradan wrote: »
    WTF is the problem with Ricks wife?
    A couple episodes ago shes all sinister and shit, tellin him he's gotta protect his family by killing Shane. So he finally goes out and does it, and now shes all pissed at him for doin it!

gotta be the most realistic female character Ive ever seen on TV. :P

^ This! Dafuq is her problem? Rick was almost killed by psycho Shane. Lori is a douche... I think its Rick's family problem. Dumb son, dumb wife. Great epsiode. Michonne looks cool. Now Sophia's mother is the most annoying character. Prison looks really cool. Don't know how to defend it when you've got few people since its really huge. Cool scenery for the next episodes.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so the prison isnt filled with dead men walking?
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSECWoYrzA"]Ba Dum Tss - YouTube[/ame]
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha but...
    If I remember correctly, the prison is mostly deserted with one group of survivors in the Cafeteria and one guy (and a bunch of dead walkers) in the gym. I don't remember any massive hordes of zombies roaming around. The roamers tend to get hung up on the fence but I don't think they are from the prison, I think there was a massive break out attempt when the world went to hell?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha but...
    If I remember correctly, the prison is mostly deserted with one group of survivors in the Cafeteria and one guy (and a bunch of dead walkers) in the gym. I don't remember any massive hordes of zombies roaming around. The roamers tend to get hung up on the fence but I don't think they are from the prison, I think there was a massive break out attempt when the world went to hell?

Actually
    it was. They open the door, and clear them out as they pour out of the prison. There's lots of killing, until it's all cleared. Then they start 'clearing' the prison, when they find the guys in the cafeteria. Remember, Tyrone goes into that gym area, and gets swarmed (and kicks their asses).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I have 3 months to re-read it and un-fog my memory ;)
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 13
    Was waiting for this.

mwo4G.jpg

And there's a game comin out? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(video_game)
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    notman wrote: »
    mindblown.gif
    my thoughts EXACTLY! when Michonne showed up. I was actually like "zombie pets?! hell yeh!"
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I'm wondering how they are gonna handle....This fucking asshole.

Thomas.jpg

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Richards
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ugh. I just followed your link. Looked at the second picture and saw how they deal with him.

Zombies?!?! Bitch please... do you know who the fuck I am?
    vlcsnap-2012-03-18-23h50m51s190.png

ON TO MAD MEN!
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Ok, so I understand that there's no zombie lore in this fictional universe which means no Left 4 Dead, but how has nobody thought of something equivalent to the pipe-bombs from those games? It's almost immediately obvious to the survivors that the undead are attracted to noise and the smell of blood...has nobody thought of putting a car alarm on a cow or something? How stupid does the group have to be to use "Eh, just drive up and shoot one" as their opening gambit to save Shane and his annoying kid?
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duh bro for the sake of drama! they don't have to solve everything like macgyver, lol. with your idea implemented we wouldn't have had season 2 :P
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    besides. shane is dead. they were trying to save rick and HIS annoying boy :P
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not to toot my own horn (but I'm gonna) we just put out a trailer to the Walking Dead game! Skip to 9:00 for some goodness.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-OtQNJVEg"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-OtQNJVEg[/ame]
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    The Michonne part was bad ass. I was surprised that Herschel didn't die fighting for his farm; glad though because he's awesome.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At one point while they were driving and shooting I was like "been there done that, Halo, warthog, xbox live". I just wanted to you yell "KILIMANJARO!"
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Did I miss something - between the highway meet up spot, and their new camp ground, the blue truck Tdog was driving is gone. He's in the Glen's car now.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah they carpooled. They care about the environment, yo. I wonder how kindly Andrea will view the others when she (presumably) find them in Season 3.

I think I might pick up the comics, I really want more Walking Dead!
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Just watched the last episode and DAAAAAYUUUM that was amazing, I'm glad they are finally off that farm and the Michone bit was freakin' badass. :)

Lori is really getting on my nerves now though, I mean for fuck sake,
    SHE basically told Rick to kill Shane and then she gets all pissy, even though it was a kill or be killed situation... what the fuck is wrong with her. Maybe she was delusional from watching her Son too much, oh wait.

Also the drive by shooting stuff kind of irked me, all throughout that shoot-out I was just thinking "get the fuck out of the car, they're slow moving and you're wasting shotgun shells..."

Also Hershel is a bad-ass! He seemed to have a lot of ammunition without having to reload though...lol.

:)
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I think during the Talking Dead that Kirkman or that other producer said that Lori is more mad at herself then anything else.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny wrote: »
    I think during the Talking Dead that Kirkman or that other producer said that Lori is more mad at herself then anything else.

Yeah I just think it was a little odd how that panned out. That one shot was really nice with Lori over Rick's shoulder, but I was shocked that she got angry at him.

On another note, I watched an interview last night of the cast of Modern Family and they brought up the fact that the kids on that show are pretty good at acting and fast dialogue comes easily. Carl on the other hand is the opposite of that. Personally I don't think he is a good actor. I think that is where the confusion is coming from relating to how he the character is reacting to stuff.

But this is my opinion. :P
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah fletcher, I agree with Lori's odd reaction to rick doing what she basically asked for. Also the slightly forced character change of Carol. The characters do feel slightly schizophrenic/ and a little too emo at periods. Although i think Rick's snap show monologue at the end is justified, he's understandably stressed. All in all great finale though.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher wrote: »
    Lori is really getting on my nerves now though, I mean for fuck sake,
    SHE basically told Rick to kill Shane and then she gets all pissy, even though it was a kill or be killed situation... what the fuck is wrong with her. Maybe she was delusional from watching her Son too much, oh wait.

:)

dood! this has so much truth. i too was super confused//annoyed
    when she got mad at rick when he explains he killed shane, AFTER SHANE DRAGGED HIM OFF TO KILL HIM!!! whatsyefdgeh!!!?!?

Also, i want more crossbow action!!! thee's 1 crossbow kill per episode.:poly117:
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    ^ if they keep trying to clear out the herds like in this last episode, they'll be sporting slings and crossbows in no time ;-)
  • MiAlx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    The last episode was awesome :D

One thing that really annoyed me though is that it took them a whole SEASON to finally fortify the farm and even then they half-assedly did so.

They could have made holes with wood spikes in them and all kinds of traps, to defend themselves from both zombies and the hostile humans (who pretty much caused that whole sequence of arguments and fights). They could have asked Daryl, since he's skilled in survival and tracking and whatnot. And if they couldn't do that, how about putting some bells or empty buckets/cans somewhere on the fence to at least hear someone coming. They just argued for a whole season (with some exceptions) and
    even when the older guy died (his name slips my mind..hmm.. Dale?)
    , all of them just continued chilling out and just build a fence. A fence. Just that. (maybe that wind-wheel thing too).

If I was in their situation I'd be shitting my pants and because of that trying to make sure i don't just get MURDERED in my sleep by the zombies or whoever. Then again maybe it was done on purpose, to display the naivety of the group, dunno. They show one of the group on the RV or barn or car, gazing through binoculars every now and then, but then again, there are many camera pans that show the RV or the barn and noone was standing on it or anywhere, so nobody was watching out really.

Again not following the "im shitting my pants, so i watch out twice as much" situation, which is a basic instinct; Personal security and safety. Made me wonder. Still, love the show though, it's great, only this is something I never understood.

/rant :D
  • Noodle!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! polycounter lvl 8
    I just keep wondering why they don't craft a couple of good spears with a guard to keep them from sinking in too deep. And dress in leather! ARGH.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You mentioning the RV reminded me,
    why the fuck didn't Jimmy drive the damn RV away, once Rick and Carl were on the roof? And why did he go to the door, which for some damn reason, was open?
    If anyone has owned an RV, the doors open outward.