Home General Discussion

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Replies

• glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    There is actually a mod that will get rid of the ads.

http://blog.gib.me/2011/08/23/deus-ex-human-revolution-no-ads/
    Rejoice! the benefits of playing on PC ;]
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    loading screens suck anyway, complaining about ads in loading screens is like complaining about a fly in your poop soup.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    They really don't bother me.. but i guess some people are finicky with their poop soup haha
    Plus, the pc update really speed up the loading times.. most of time i don't even have time to read the recap they have on screen... so why worry about it... but.. theres that mod that disables it.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Its my poop soup and I have the right to be pissed. They got their money already. No reason to be greedy little bitches.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    loading screens suck anyway, complaining about ads in loading screens is like complaining about a fly in your poop soup.
    Just because loading screens suck I shouldn't complain when they put ads in them to make them suck even more?

I bought the game and I had to pay quite a bit more than for the average game. Patching in ads afterwards is nothing but a dick move.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    neolith wrote: »
    Just because loading screens suck I shouldn't complain when they put ads in them to make them suck even more?

I bought the game and I had to pay quite a bit more than for the average game. Patching in ads afterwards is nothing but a dick move.

Why did you have to pay more than for an average game?

These ads don't really bother me, as they have zero impact on my gaming experience. It's not like obnoxious takeover banners that get in my face when I'm reading something on the web - these are graphics tacked onto something I'm not paying attention to anyway. Even if I do notice them, they'll be forgotten a half second after the game loads back in.

I might be a little biased because I enjoyed the game so much. If Squeenix and Eidos can make a little more cash off this game, maybe they're better able to fund a great production for the next DX game.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    oXYnary wrote: »
    Its my poop soup and I have the right to be pissed. They got their money already. No reason to be greedy little bitches.

Keep in mind, when they run a Star Wars ad, it's George Lucas's money they're taking. Considering the profit margins in game development are often pretty thin, I'm fine with a greed that takes money from the infinitely overexposed Star Wars franchise and helps fund another awesome Deus Ex game.