Home Stickies

What Are You Working On? 2010 Edition!

Replies

• Mladen Jovicic
    just screwing around with an old model. might finish it.

midgetpirate.jpg
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Started on the clothwork, still working through the trousers so ignore the craziness :) I wanna get the outfit out the way and then return to the face

2rzb3ua.jpg

and heres the concept sheet I drew up so you can see what its gonna look like in the end :)

111hxcg.jpg
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    thats awesome crazyfool, reminds me of SSX :)
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks Moose :D its a redesign of Psymon Stark from SSX 3 :)
  • meador_forest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the high poly fireplace I'm working on for my Animation Studio (pre-portfolio prep) class. Still need to texture it (right now it's all default textures), and build the low poly.
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    Mladen: i'm very impressed and inspired. Progress shots coming in later?
  • Razorb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razorb polycounter lvl 15
    THANKS Karera mate and Lotekk!

aaaaand just a quick fun speedy ;o i was bored!
    quimgirl.jpg

and lol zenarion ;p
  • karera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karera polygon
    shitjustgotserious5.jpg

Still very much in an early process.. Needed to get a hang of UDK before I could move back to texturing and fixing models thats missing..

Sooo... Most of the textures are just plain diffuse and normalmap so far. Hopefully I'll be able to fix some nicer materials for elevator doors and such. Perhaps some subtle reflections in the walls and whatnot..

edit: and yeah I'll fix the carpet ;)
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    here's a lil sumthin sumthin I did today for one of my classes.. self-portrait done in Painter

milesselfportrait04.jpg
  • meador_forest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm gonna try and post this agian.....
    If this works, this is the WIP high poly fireplace I'm building for Animation Studio class. All it needs now is a good texturing.
  • meador_forest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuck! I can't get it to post anything but thumbnails. This sucks. Whatev....
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    AV7xrocker: Tnx and nooooooooo i don't look like him :p

Firebert: tnx ^^ and you are right should have put more

Mladen: love the silhouet
    crazyfool: i like the concept, i think those straps will add a lot to the look of the character in 3D
    razorb: haha great style :D
    karera: DUDE SPOILERSSSS... nah good likeness so far
    jmiles: that could use some hardness and contrast i think

So i'm working on some characters for a studentproject game we are doing in UDK called sky soldiers (fictional post WW2 jetpack fps) , some of the detailing will be done in the normals themselves like those backflaps

JAPAN_progresspreview.png
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Karera - you'll want to have a look at the carpet. Not just because it's different from the movie - moreso because your current will give some pretty annoying moire patterns.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    almost finished D:

5141092375_6289ebfc48_b.jpg
  • bowplane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello,

Hopin to snatch some crits, hate mail, etc, on the High poly and the design of this armor vest. The idea is that this is a magnetic armor that provides life sustaining environment to the wearer to avoid NASA poofy suit. The armor will protect against energy based munitions only, not projectile. The player would be playing the character wearing this armor from the 3/4 over the shoulder, so the floaty thing would be a projected screen image the player can read (or a floaty Ipad-type device). I would mucho appreciato feedback on ways to make the screen read better.

This piece is for a class so please attempt to hurt my feelings with constructive crits and detail suggestions. Thank you all.

Approx. in-game view (3DS Max, Hammers. render)

Top_back.jpg

back.jpg

Back_3q2.jpg

front.jpg

Front_3q.jpg

Top_front.jpg
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karera wrote: »
    shitjustgotserious5.jpg

Still very much in an early process.. Needed to get a hang of UDK before I could move back to texturing and fixing models thats missing..

Sooo... Most of the textures are just plain diffuse and normalmap so far. Hopefully I'll be able to fix some nicer materials for elevator doors and such. Perhaps some subtle reflections in the walls and whatnot..

edit: and yeah I'll fix the carpet ;)

That looks very nice so far. Once you get some better textures in, you should work on the reclection on the picture. Also, did you intentionally switch 492 to 491?

The DOF might be the last thing I see that's kinda throwing this image off.

Edit: I think there also may be a vingette.
  • VanDeMouvre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone,
    Not sure if this is allowed, so just let me know. Sorry in advance. :poly136:
    I've been working on a 3D modelling app. It's been a spare-time, quality-time, sleep-time, etc. project for about eight years now.

I've got it in pretty decent shape and have been getting good feedback during the Alpha.

Now I'm looking for Beta volunteers to try it out. Nothing major, just download it, run it, and send me comments, questions, abuse, whatever. :P

A friend of mine suggested I post it in the Pimping and Previews section, so here I am. :)

Here's a screenshot of a model I've been working on during testing. Beware, it is programmer art. :P
    femalemodel_chest.png
  • prolow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    prolow polycounter lvl 11
    wo, karera very nice!
  • karera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karera polygon
    Well basically, like I said. I got stuck dealing with UDK a bit... With lightmaps and all that stuff I didn't know already. I wanted to try and see if I could match the light at first before moving back to texturing again. So all the textures in the scene are basically just plain colors with some AO on them. I'm also trying to work on some subtle chrome and reflection-materials for some of the stuff in there.

So, I'm hoping to match the original with as much as I can. So until it looks more similar it's not done :)

Ravenslayer: Dude! :) Watch the film already... However, thanks. Nice model btw. reminds me of Mortal Combat ;)
    Snader: Carpet is placeholder like alot in the scene, but thanks for your tip ;)
    Bishop: Haven't made all the numbers for the doors yet. So 4, 9, and 2 is the only ones so far :) What do you mean with reclection? Don't know that word :D And there is no DOF in the scene as of now, or.. besides whatever is in there by default. (Which is none, I think?)
    Prolow: Thanks man!

Btw. Anyone has some ideas on how to change the lense or focal lenght in UDK? To match whatever they have in the scene from the film?
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Finished this in time for Halloween. Didn't spend much more than a couple hours on it while watching DVDs. Trying to do more traditional media stuff and get away from the screen.
    3skull-small.jpg
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    need to pull my finger out an finish the sleeves/arms, gettn sick of staring at his face...
    downsized from a 512, might keep it hi-res (ear is photosourced @ the moment)

fook_nearlydn.jpg
    oh and go MOVEMBER!
  • d2king10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d2king10 polycounter lvl 12
    More work, still need to detail the face, but the armor is mostly done:

I am using this conceptL http://cghub.com/images/view/17201/

femaleturntable07.png
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazyfool, that's awesome.

Jacket's not reading as leather for me, though. Looks more like one of those synthetic polymer ski-style jackets.
  • ultra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultra polycounter lvl 18
    Mladen Jovicic: awesome model love the style
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raven: great stuff, your making huge improvements man!
  • CloudWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Medieval Skins for SC2 :D

WIP_01.jpg

WIP_02.jpg
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    For the Dominance War base mesh challenge at GA.

Tied to get a really unique silohette. Failed on keeping all quads but most modelers did, only have a few tris mostly well hidden. Learned a few things, started monday night and wrapped it up last night. Haven't put this many polys into a mesh for quite awhile.
    Still unwrapping by hand so the uv's aren't the best.

Any and all critiques welcome.
  • alexdubbeat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexdubbeat polycounter lvl 8
    currently making retopology for this guy:)
    25ji8fc.jpg

also made some overpainting in PS to get the point how this guy might look like:D
    2vt2jjr.jpg
  • ultra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultra polycounter lvl 18
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    right out the oven,

thanks firebert :D
    pirate02.jpg
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    delicious rens.
    simply delicious.

i want the next batch with chocolate chips, make it even sweeter :)
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Some progress of a 1909 Harley I'm working on.perpshot_beauty02.jpg
  • RAWTalent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    more work on my graveyard
    medievil3wallpaper.th.png
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Started on my first 2D piece in over 6 months. It's been a helluva break. It's WoW.

shieldslamwip01.jpg
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I have been practicing my photo texturing of late, something which I always struggled with. sized this up from 256x256 to 2048x2048.
    he looks a bit funky but as a test it works ok
    nickphoto.jpg
    another WIP
    photoheadtest4.jpg
  • limesimme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    limesimme polycounter lvl 11
    Ruz, the second one looks alot better I must say, even though the mirroring is obvious in both cases (I hope you notice this aswell, but as it's a wip I hope to see it adressed)
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karera wrote: »
    Bishop: Haven't made all the numbers for the doors yet. So 4, 9, and 2 is the only ones so far :) What do you mean with reclection? Don't know that word :D And there is no DOF in the scene as of now, or.. besides whatever is in there by default. (Which is none, I think?)

Sorry, typo :P It's hard typing in the dark.

I meant reflection. I see what you mean though by the DOF. And I'm wondering if you can see the vingette as clearly as I can.
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    for a studentproject game we are doing in UDK called sky soldiers (fictional post WW2 jetpack fps)

:|
    :)
    :D
  • Rilem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rilem polycounter lvl 7
    Charlie, RAWTalent, LoTekK - thanks for the kind words. :)

Calling it finished for now, I'll add some taillights and maybe a back bumper later. I'll make a pimp thread with this and more somewhere next year when I finish my folio. :]

kart3.jpg
    UV layout isn't final, but I reckon It's okay for a nub like myself. ;o

Also, Haiasi- awesome.
  • KRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KRider polycounter lvl 8
    @Ruz

amazing! How long does it take to paint one of those faces?
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Ruz wrote: »
    photoheadtest41.jpg

~ Nice stuff man. Maybe think about adding some red to the ears and nose where all the blood vessels are nearest to the surface.

Look forward to seeing more buddy.

VERY Placeholder pose... Won't bother with a game res version of I don't think. Please ignore the terrible expression, her ass has had more attention than the face. lulz

swordstress.jpg
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    cheers for the feedback limesimme, Dreamer. Should have mentioned that the ears in the second one are not done yet though I agree with the comments made.

looking great dreamer though perhaps a few more wrinkles on the pants would help
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    I suppose this is ready for texturing. Still not totally happy with the bake but most the problem areas are low profile ones
    bakeo.jpg
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I got my muse back and decided to pick this back up. It's really behind schedule.

Anyways, I've been on the fence about this. On this guy's helmet, there is suppose to be a thin line going from his chin and around his ears.

I've been testing out different brushes and settings along with with lazy mouse; it's just not working. It's not in the right stroke and it's not consistent - there are breaks in some areas.

The top picture is my failing attempt with the clay brush, the bottom is a quick paintover on how it should look. Any ideas on how I should go about this? A different brush setting? I'm on the fence with normal maps at this stage because this is the high res of what I'm working on; I have a shit ton to do.

HEAD%20Normals%20ref%20copy.png
  • almighty_gir
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    Bishop wrote: »
    So I got my muse back and decided to pick this back up. It's really behind schedule.

Anyways, I've been on the fence about this. On this guy's helmet, there is suppose to be a thin line going from his chin and around his ears.

I've been testing out different brushes and settings along with with lazy mouse; it's just not working. It's not in the right stroke and it's not consistent - there are breaks in some areas.

The top picture is my failing attempt with the clay brush, the bottom is a quick paintover on how it should look. Any ideas on how I should go about this? A different brush setting? I'm on the fence with normal maps at this stage because this is the high res of what I'm working on; I have a shit ton to do.

Could you use projection master, take a screenshot into photoshop and create a new layer with a bezier curve of the shape you want, and save that layer to use back in zbrush? I would give you a more detailed rundown, but I'm not as familiar with zbrush as I am mudbox, so it would be a bit rough. Hopefully I've pointed you in the right direction though. :)
  • CrackRockSteady
    Finally "finished" this after a long time of futzing around with it. Was about 1/2 done with an alternate engraved texture, but I lost the mesh and .psd files somehow during my last windows reinstall QQ. Oh well, was time to move on to something else anyway.

EDIT: also can somebody lmk how to display the image in the post? Do I have to host it somewhere first?
  • Nick Carver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    Hey guys!

It's a long time since I posted anything. I've been working on a personal project in my spare time for the past few months. It's an idea for a story/world that I've been developing for fun, trying to work on it like story dev/pre-production on a movie. I've got quite a lot of work to show, but for now here's just a couple of illustrations I did this past week:

colour_illos_1.jpg

And a simple sculpt of the main character's head:

avery_headwip.jpg

I've got sculpts, character + vehicle designs, story thumbnails etc. that I'll post soon.

Cheers,

Nick.
  • moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    Man I wrote a bunch of people responses, then I clicked an image and lost all the repsonses :P

Dreamer: rockin, but folds looks weird/unrealistic.
    Harry: Booyah
    bishop: mask then extrude I think
    gir: don't need so many edge lops on quads! not a lot of deformation there :X
    crackrock: specular needs more work, break up things a bit more. Looks good otherwise.
    Nick: looks fuckin sweet to me :o

nice paints

Commiting evil by posting viewport grabs but... meh. Setup an actual render of this stuff when I'm further along in the modeling. :

Note her shiny butt.

PRONG01.jpg
This discussion has been closed.