Homeโ€บ General Discussion

Red Dead Redemption

Replies

• JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Just completed it, Not sure what to think about the end, i kind of saw it coming, but...
    I was really happy when the game ended with being a rancher, it actually felt kind of surprising for a Rockstar game (or GTA game) to have a happy ending. When they raided the ranch and John dies, a switch came on in my head and i was thinking, "Oh, ok THERE's the GTA'ish ending."

I would've really enjoyed continuing playing as John with the occasional ranching mission and for all the little challenges and side stuff, but now I'm just totally disconnected from the game...

Great game though, i think it could have focused on a couple more things instead of just following the law into their shenanigans, but it was very fun. May give multiplayer a try. :)
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I wasn't sure about the ending until reading the newspapers and meeting a certain stranger in Blackwater. Once the credits came up to Deadman's Gun, I really enjoyed it.

Still working away at multiplayer. If people are giving you trouble in freeroam, just switch to casual aiming and pick a gun that fires hard and fast. Usually if I'm just doing freeroam for experience, I'll stick to private games. Public means people are free to pvp afterall.
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    00Zero wrote: ยป
    hm...now i actually forgot if i saw the credits or not...

You wouldn't have if you did.. go look around a bit
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I love the ending.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    Spoilers ;0
    For those that finished it, I was really hoping to get back at that other bitch boy from the "Agency" as well. I kind of saw where things were going with the "message" Jack needed to deliver, so I took it on myself to take out the bastard's wife and brother as well.

Personally I felt like several of the missions leading up to Dutch were pretty lame as well and the climax could have been more epic than it was. Climbing a cliffside for 10 minutes only to do a cutscene with the binoculars and waking up in the doctor's office with the Indian....meh They should have cut half the Mexico stuff and added more to the Blackwater / Dutch showdown in my mind.

I also wasn't a huge fan of all the ranch missions. It was all beginner stuff that should have been at the start of the game and not the end. After 30+ hours I shouldn't be shooting crows and herding cattle for another hour or two before the game ended. Really seemed out of place.

The very final mission with Jack was pretty good. Kind of confused why it wasn't more obvious what you had to do, and the location on the map wasn't apparent unless you got close to it.

Great game, just a lot of hit and miss stuff with a mixed bag IMO about some things.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Spoilers ;0
    I didn't mind the ranching bit. It gave you a chance to interact with his family, catch up on some old deeds (buying cattle as promised), and settle down a bit before your past catches up with you. Spending some on-screen time with the kid adds to playing as him later ("Just like you showed me, dad" when skinning)
  • TheMadArtist
  • ES_139
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zombie cowboys....?? here sir is a blank cheque, write down any amount and i will pay it lol
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I think this game had one of the worst plots ever. Why the hell was it so long? Sometimes more is not better.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Late to the party! I just completed this game and have to say it is the best game I have ever played. The story, voice acting and character animation is way above and beyond anything out there, Rockstar really kicked ass on this one!!!
    When I got to play Jack I felt like going psycho on every living thing because of him being the last surviving member of his family. Also because If you look at the gravestones his mother dies a few years later.
    This game really affected my emotions.
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Zombies anyone?
    un_screens_1.jpg
    un_screens_2.jpg
    un_screens_3.jpg
    un_screens_4.jpg

Gimicky maybe, but enough to make me interested in playing a game I haven't touched since I saw the credits.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe this will create a demand for a real Deadlands game.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Great game, great ending. Also this:
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I wouldn't feel safe riding that horse..
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    I completed the game last week, currently tying up all the loose ends (treasure maps, outfits, etc)- absolutely loved it, and actually wanted more. Planning on getting some of the add on stuff once I can afford it- this is the first game I've felt compelled to buy full price for a couple of years now.

Character art was top notch, environments looked amazing, and even managed to get my fianc
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Oh shit I didnt know the Zombie DLC was an actually single player story. I just assumed they added zombies to towns and shit instead of regular people.

This looks awesome as did the trailer. Defiantly going to be picking this DLC up.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Is there any new upcoming expansion for this game?