Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blizzard!

Replies

• Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, i got that page and when i hit refresh my entry went through.
  • Clint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clint polycounter lvl 18
    I regret to inform yall that i didnt make the deadline. SHIT. But anyway i did finished the model and half of the uv maps. Guess i couldnt have expected to get it done in a week being my first time using 3d studio max. I ran into all kinds of issues that took hours of piddling to iron out. Oh well it was a good learning experience and even tho i didnt make the deadline ima still finish this beyotch.
    grin.gif
    update.jpg

BTW Arsh thats absolutely nuts
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    some nice entries in here!!!

here's mine

midFinal.jpg

i tried to submit a bunch of times, only one went through (i think). I got a confirmation email, but I never saw the "Success" page ....?

Still trying to submit to try to make sure they get it
  • popawheelie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    popawheelie polycounter lvl 12
    Hey guys, Great stuff here.
    Been trying to upload for hours frown.gif Just keep getting a 'server unavailable message'. frown.gif
    Heres what I made. (can't seem to insert images.. anyways)

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blizentrylow1zc6.jpg
    http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blizentrylow2qf0.jpg
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    ^^ Man there is some really incredible work being posted here. ^^

Welcome and Congratz to foreverrendering and and popawheelie on your great entrys smile.gif
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    It's always awsome when, people don't post their work in progress then start coming out of the woodwork with kick ass stuff.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Haha. ghosty, I just said that exact thing to myself, word for word.

All you crazy cool bastards need to start posting here!
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone know if Blizzard are going to put up a page where we can view all the entries?

ps:Nice work foreverrendering.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't even know this forum existed until amadose linked me here when I asked about submission problems !!
  • popawheelie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ive been a lurker for some time.. frown.gif I always thought it was a mod comunity for quake. (doh) Till i saw some of B1ll's work here.
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZippZopp polycounter lvl 12
    Just found out about this site when i was looking around trying to figure out if other people were having issues submitting....i just can't get mine to go through...do you think blizzard would extend a few days when the servers are fixed??

anyway, here is my submission

Orc_FINAL_MED.jpg
  • popawheelie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet zombie jesus! awesome Zippzop...

This was just posted on the WoW forums by admin. (in reguards to the uploading problems)

"Someone is taking a look at it right now. I'll keep you guys posted."

So im glad they know ppl are goin are having issues.
  • KaosNKorruption
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    Holy carp (yes, carp), this artwork is absolutely astounding...you guys are amazing!
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sweet zombie jesus! awesome Zippzop...

This was just posted on the WoW forums by admin. (in reguards to the uploading problems)

"Someone is taking a look at it right now. I'll keep you guys posted."

So im glad they know ppl are goin are having issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, glad you like it...and good to hear someone is looking into the server issue, hopefully that'll get fixed and i can submit this thing!
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1 hour left, still cant get it in
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neither can i.....aaaarrrrgg, this is annoying, i thought i was gonna wrap this thing up, submit and finally relax for an evening!!
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    OMG, u win Zoppi
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    ZippZopp, I saw this over on tweak, very nice indeed. it feels very epic and huge.love the wide format.
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i didnt make it in :/
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    hmmm upload didn't work i tried it several times in the over a few hours, i sent them the picture via email, hopefully this works

blizz_fanart.jpg
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    55joe, send an email here with a link to the file or as an attachment if its not too big. contestquestions@ blizzard.com
    explain you had problems, i am sure they know this mess is keep lots of entrants from turning stuff in on time. i did that and tried a million times, i eventually got a confirmation email, i dont know if it was the email or the site, but i never got a sucess screen, it just always timed out on me.
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i keep trying to email it but i get an invalid adress when i try to send it there
    edit : didnt see the space in the email! sorry a bit jumpy haha
    thanks for the tip i hope its not to late
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, finally someone in direct contention, PopaWheelie. I think you've got me beaten hands down. Nice work mate.

And to the rest of you lot too.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    remove the space between the @ and blizzard?

Crap, wrong thread!
  • MrCheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just registered so I could post my finished entry! smile.gif I have been following this thread since shortly after the contest started, and you guys have been a great source of inspiration! Been meaning to register and post for awhile but I was lazy =P

Anyway here it is smile.gif

ChrisGraham_BlizzContest.jpg
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i hope blizzard makes a book of all these great entries. id buy it!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    At the very least, it'd be nice to have a sizable gallery of the best entries, not just the winners.

If nothing else, these big competitions are a great way of attracting new blood to the forums.
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i had no luck submitting, hopefully it gets extended when they fix the server
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Well I've also had no luck I spent more than an hour attempting to submit, So I sent an email with the picture and information in it.

I only Finished several minutes before it was too late for me to submit it. And it shows...it would be nice if they extended it a day so I could spend more than 45 minutes on the texture. I also didn't get nearly enough time to work on presentation. Which is why it's a single image. This is what I get for going to sleep last night, that was 8 hours of time I could have worked.

I do plan on redoing the texture for this guy though, and take my time on it rather than rush the shit out of it.

Anyway, Here's the image.
    Forsaken.jpg
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay well I just got an email saying that my submission has been recieved, but I saw no success page after trying to submit...so I have no idea what the hell is going on. Whatev.
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i still havent gotten any email
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur"

thats whats appearing when i try to upload a picture now frown.gif
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yup, thats typical, i just got mine in a minute ago, seems alot more people are having success now. might want to try some more
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hrm i uploaded it and then firefox reloaded the site, so i guess its up, but i didn't get a screen that told me that i succeeded
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    I would like to wish everyone the best of luck, and commend everyone one on the fantastic effort .. there are some fantastic pieces here..

it's also nice to see new faces on pc.. smile.gif
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sekneox, i dont think that it went through, i had the site reload on me alot and i never got ay confirmation emails.
    if i were you id keep trying to submit and check your email to see if you got a confirmation email, or until you get a success screan. also you could try what arshlevon suggested and email contestquestions@blizzard.com with your entry attatched to the email
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Same as many others - I have been trying to submit my entries countless times since hours before deadline and just couldn't either, hence I ended up using contestquestions.

Anyone has a link to that Blizz forum where they said they were to look into the issue? Tricky...

ANYWAYS! My two entries:

Diablo 2D character concept
    pior_oberson_cowknight2d_web.jpg

Diablo 3D realtime model
    pior_oberson_cowknight3d_web.jpg

I feel soo oldschool amongst you cinematics and normalmapped lowpoly guys! Ghostriders and Miles entries really have something fresh for them also. And welcome to the newcomers !
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Glad to see you completed him pior, he has a soul caliburesque look to him and I dig the lighting!
  • 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=10001&sid=1

but those forums seem to be down now to

i saw it though, and was watching the thread for a few hours. there was no more responce after that. people seem to still be submitting stuff though. im \still trying to submit my girlfriend's entry. also, i got an email back from the contestquestions email saying my entry was recieved. she emailed them to about 5 mins after me and hasnt gotten anything so i really have no idea how this works but i hope this post helps!:)

also your cow king guy is my favorite low poly outve all the low polys ive seen, great work i love the painty feel you've got with the textures
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    beautiful work everyone!

I just tried submitting now before work (even though the "deadline" is long gone) and went through with no problems.

long live soft deadlines in the game industry grin.gif

edit: and I actually got TWO confirmation emails, different ones! they are obviously wigging.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    phenominal work everyone.

I imagine we all could have lived without the added stress...but you have to admit it was very exciting. Blizzard has often honored its fans with extensions and charge-free playtime (for customers) when they have server issues. I'm sure they will accomodate this time as well.

pior: glad you got it in! looks fantastic! (and that's no "bull")

neo: neat! love the scythe!

Newcomers: REALLY NICE WORK!!!
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Really awesome submissions going on here! I really hope we can have a gallery of the best submissions!

I was really hoping to get on this contest, but circumstances took a lot of time away that I was wanting to put into this. It's pretty ridiculous, but I wanted to enter anyway, just for the sake of it. I had slapped down some ideas a few weeks back, so I just grabbed one of them and did a quickie last night.

http://www.thetextureguy.com/screenies/ogre1.jpg

http://www.thetextureguy.com/screenies/Giantogre1.jpg

I really wish I could've committed more time. Anyway, you guys have awesome entries and I hope a polycounter can take something home!
  • struve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    struve polycounter lvl 18
    ZippZopp and foreverendering, Beautiful cinematic pieces! I sure hope all this server stuff gets straightened out and no one gives up just because of a technical issue Blizzard is having with the website.
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comments, i actually tried submitting again this morning and while i didn't get a webpage that said success, i got an email saying it went through, hopefully that means it definately went through. it would be nice if they had it set up similiar to the way ballistic does their submissions. you login and can manage your submissions, delete them and make sure they're definately there, plus with ballistic there is the ability to view all the entries
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, thank you everyone for your comments, I really enjoyed viewing all the artwork posted in this thread, it was almost all new to me - I went through every page smile.gif So much cool stuff, many great game res models!

I wonder what will happen with the submissions, like many people, I'm not sure if mine went through or if it was received intact. I got a confirmation email, but I wish there was a way to check the status and view the uploaded image. Oh well, wishful thinking.

It would be nice if Blizzard allowed people another chance to submit, maybe with a better / more powerful server? I wonder if they will post any information about it on their website...?
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    ~4800 tris for the whole scene

ironforge2_klein.jpg
    after realising, that blizzard translated the time wrong on the german site I finished my entry and spend over 4 hours submitting.
    After that I wort to the question mail, come on, I don'T know how often I tried it, but it was nearly impossible to submit!Even now you aren't able to submit!
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey good news guys, Blizzard extended the deadline till Midnight on Wednesday, September 20th. So everyone should be able to get their submissions in now
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats good to hear. I got confirmation emails, but it always showed the page timing out.....do i resubmit? i wish there was a way to see the uploaded image to see if it went through
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Katz, thats looking sweet.

Remember, put huge watermarks all over your picture if you put it up on the blizzard forums laugh.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no shit! really? Wonderful! I can actually make a good texture for this damned thing! And also work on my presentation for it. Thank god. I don't care if it will technically be the third time I'm submitting it (I just recieved an email not too long ago telling me the entry I emailed was accepted as well.