Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Over the past month I've watched the whole series, and finally caught up just now. Pretty damn crazy episode! I like it when the series mixes up the formula. The series is really getting spread apart, the camps split in Jack's and Locke's, a large amount of others still about, AND the freighter folks, seems like they could fill a ton more seasons with all that is going on.

I'm interested in how and why Ben leaves the island. To take the fight to Widmore's people? Do the flight survivors band together with the others and overtake the freighter?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I'm curious what the others are doing right now. Just hanging around in the forest?
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    why not, look like a nice place, the beach and all, sure theres this monsters and this devils cabin, but hey, any good forest as that!!
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Vassago has a good case for Jin actually NOT being dead.

I knew there was something to be seen in that tombstone, considering they focused on it twice (once quickly but another time very specific). It was obvious the producers were trying to convey the dates on the stone are supposed to be noticed.

Jin being alive would ALSO give purpose for the Oceanic 6 to "want" to go back to the island.

So far in our flash forwards we know that Hurley eventually wants to go back. In the most distant future Jack wants to go back and now we have hints that Sun will want to go back too.

I love the flash back and the flash forward. I thought that was almost as much of a mind fuck as the time-travel episode.

Anyone catch the name of the boat? "Karma". I thought that was pretty funny when the two guys were conversing about wives and karma and then the scene went to an obvious shot of the boat with the name Karma on it.

Early previews shows that Mike might be suffering from that same cabin fever. I hope that we get a little back-story with Mike's character specifically what happened to him right after leaving the island. And to develop the potential mystical properties of Walt.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Walt may be how they are getting information back to Ben (with his powers). Also, I have another scenario that may fit in to the Jin being alive. What if he's in hiding from Sun's father? Remember, that's why they were leaving Japan, yet she's back in Japan now.

My prediction, the final episode, will be them returning to the island and reuniting with whoever is left of the group.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    not gonna read this thread anymore. Micheal was meant to be a surprise wink.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Jin and Sun are Korean, not Japanese :P

Hawken, I came to realize earlier as well that this entire post thread is just a big spoiler. Basically, only come here if you want to discuss the episode after it's aired, because we're all blabbering about it smile.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    nah people were talking about it before the episode...
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Anyone catch the name of the boat? "Karma".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the boat's name was "Kahuna".

And regards to Micheal being a surprise if they wanted to be a surprise his name shouldn't of been in the opening credits for the last 4 episodes.

Kinda easy to figure out he will show up somewhere if his name is on the beginning of the show.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    SPOILER:

notman, jin died.

it's not a faked death or anything. the episode was a flashback (jin) and a flashfoward (Sun). Producers said it somewhere that im too lazy to find and link you too.

and the ocean 6 are confirmed to be: Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun and Aaron.

Again, though, I can't give you any handy link as I get most of my LOST info the night the show airs then forget links and such.

However, I do visit DarkUFO for 90% of all my Lost info (whe I'm not browsing the SA boards):
    http://darkufo.blogspot.com/
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Harold Perrineau, the guy who plays Michael, has been in the credits every episode this season. Kinda hard to spoil something the producers have been telling us about for seven weeks.

The boat was named Kahana. I have no idea what it means, but I originally thought it said Kahuna myself and had to rewind and see it again.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    Harold Perrineau, the guy who plays Michael, has been in the credits every episode this season. Kinda hard to spoil something the producers have been telling us about for seven weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure the point of that was to have us guessing which episode he would show up in, not that he was actually back. that was obvious.

however, they did it in a fairly obvious way with the whole 'secret person on teh boats'
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    SPOILER:

notman, jin died.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've been saying wink.gif Just not yet 'officially' He'll be dead, but on the island, he isn't yet.

And yeah, DarkUFO is a good site. I haven't visited it for about a month now, but it's got the goods.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I still doubt Jin died.
    Hurley is a big ole` softie, a damn teddy bear. He loved everyone and everyone loved him. Look what happened when Charlie died - he bawled his eyes out. He was also close to Jin and Sun (obviously).
    So why did Hurley not shed a single tear at the cemetery? He was looking at Sun with a "I know how you feel" kind of glance - but nothing that indicated someone died. Kind of like he was putting on a show for people watching - 'Sure, you're an acquaintance of mine via the crash, and I'm here to be nice' - but nothing that indicates that Jin has really died. I still think Jin stayed behind, for whatever reason.

I'm wondering what was the deal with the flight recorder though. It obviously landed near/on the island. The flight recorder contains GPS/Nav data on where a plane crashes, how it crashed etc. Why on earth would Ben stage a plane crash in the first place? Wouldn't it be easier for the outside world to just assume them gone forever? Secondly, why the hell would he put 815's actual flight recorder amongst the fake wreckage?
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Something has bothered me for a while now about the story.

Ok, so the whole public knows the plane crashed. Didnt they say at some point they found all 300 or so bodies? If thats the case, why isn't anyone wondering where these 6 survivors came from? There are six corpses unaccounted for now...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would imagine that the 6 survivors would explain that they somehow were ejected and survived, or that wasn't their plane...
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    No, what I mean is, didnt they already account for all the passengers with the corpses? If 300 people were found dead, and then 6 of them were all of a sudden alive, we have 6 bodies that are obviously not belonging to these 6 survivors.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good point, I wonder how they'll explain that or if they even try too now that the claimed all the people died and now we have 6 survivors... I'm sure they'll try to explain it away.. or that's a hella big plot hole.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    FUCKEN, I read b1ll's post not knowing the show aired that night in the US, so I pretty much had the entire episode spoiled for me. Serves me right for reading. I think because of that, I didn't really enjoy the show that much because I knew that Jin heading to the hospital wasn't to get there for Sun.
    Michael being on board wasn't a surprise, seeing as we pretty much all picked it from the get go.
    Really hating on Season 4.

-caseyjones
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Really hating on Season 4

[/ QUOTE ]

teh? Season 4 is the best season since the first! blush.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It just doesn't feel like LOST to me anymore. But, I hate everything, so I guess I don't really have a valid argument laugh.gif

-caseyjones
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    MMM interestng. OWNED FRENCH BITCH! YES!
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Mannnnn...that last episode was such a tease, I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    awesome episode!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Yep, pretty good episode. Answered the question I asked last week. This is a good start... maybe if I ask a question about the smoke monster they'll answer it. smile.gif

So..What ever happened to that smoke monster? Where did it come from?
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I bet that was been who killed them...good way to get rid of two people in his way
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The "Island" won't let you kill yourself. So tell me did you the bullet bounce of your skull or did the gun just jam on ya?

WTF!! They better have an ending for this show, if it's got a sucky ending I'll feel bad I invested so much time.. laugh.gif

And after tonight's episode I think the funeral was for Michael now as well, and that's why nobody wanted to show up even his own son since his son thinks he's a murderer now...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The coffin was awful small though, for Michael. At this point, I don't think we can assume anything about the coffin. Hell, that could be 2 seasons away still.

Good episode, nothing spectacular. Lots of info though. Can't wait until next month laugh.gif

Looks like a lot of action. Probably a lot of soldiers going to storm new otherton smile.gif
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    hey something that I have heard that is an interesting theory is the "money" thing that the ghost seeing dude asked ben to give him. He said "3.25 million or something.

I heard that is code for a bearing or location///and again it was mentioned in an episode recap where ben gave michael a location of 325 when he was coming to rescue him.

Also, I think Danielle is an awesome character and hope she isnt dead yet..cause I was hoping to find out more about her
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I doubt Rousseau is dead. She was shot in the lower right stomach, not usually fatal if treated. Carl on the other hand, got hit in the chest opposite the heart. He would not have died as quickly as the show put it, but he would have died within a short time frame.

The next 4 weeks are going to be hard to wait on frown.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Well the dudes that took out the guy and the french chick are the guys that were shooting guns in the flashback I'd wager. Seems like they are going to start taking out the peeps on the island unless they hand Ben over. Guess we'll find out in a month.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    shut up Rousseau is dead, SHE IS! what a stupid character, SHES DEAD I SAY! DEAD! lol
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rousseau still has a ton of story to tell. What kind of 'science' boat was she on? What was their mission? If she's dead that will never be explained. Unless Ben has more of an intimate past with her, which it doesn't appear to be so.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Or unless they kill her in the present and explain her back story with a flash back... I think the freighter Desmond and Sayid are on is the second boat Mr Widmore has sent to this location, the first was Rousseau's boat.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Just caught it, too damn sweet. As fun as the episodes like the previous weeks' are, I really like the ones that advance the "main" conflict storyline more.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Not even sure I care who it is in the coffin at this point :-/

Last night's episode felt like filler to me. How come the two Desmond episodes have been the best so far?
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh Vig! Good call. Sounds like a good theory that Rousseau was round 1 and current freighter is round 2. I also think that's why Whitmore did the boat race, to use it as a cover to look for the island.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're on to something there, Jeffro. He was probably hoping for Desmond to crash there. He know Penny would stop at nothing to find him, so he let her do all the work. He'll just reap the rewards.

As for explaining Rousseau in a flashback, that's possible, yeah. Though that means someone has a tie to her. They've never flashed back to someone else's past through another person. They've shown other people in other's flashbacks, but never a character's main story. Maybe she's 1/2 dead, and she flashes back on her deathbed or something.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]

Last night's episode felt like filler to me. How come the two Desmond episodes have been the best so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

joke?

there were a hell of a lot of answers, including a comeback of a major character. you can't get much farther from filler.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What about Mr Friendly being friendly to Misters! WOW big shocker (implied internet sarcasm)!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol
    Yeah, that was sooo hard to tell, from when he told Kate "You're not my type" when in the shower room... smile.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anybody else notice something looking like a bluetooth headset in alex's ear? The wife and I kept looking and looking and rewound and kept looking and it didn't look like any set of earrings we've ever seen it looked like a mic...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I saw that. I was hoping for a different angle, but the show end and them my brain starts trying to compile everything it just saw and I forget about those details.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    hey everyone!

while the show is on hiatus, give this theory a read. It's pretty damn good:
    http://duggmirror.com/television/An_Extremely_Compelling_LOST_Theory/

I'll post my thoughts once some of you have given it a read.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got done reading through all that. Very interesting concept and very feasible. I think some of the future predictions may be off, but I think he's on about explaining what has already happened on the show. The only part I agree about in relation to the future (them off the island) is that Ben is the guy in the coffin. But I think it shows Jack they can die eventually.
    One reason I don't completely agree with his future assessment is Kate. Why isn't fate correcting to make her a fugitive again? Instead, things are getting corrected to make her have a 'free' life. Unless fate is correcting for Ben messing up their past (resulting in them going to the island).
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah that article is pretty good but time travel brings up so many other questions.. laugh.gif Like how did nobody age on the island but Ben. laugh.gif He grew 20 years in 20 years. laugh.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, it was an interesting read and an interesting theory. It makes enough sense and would explain a whole bunch of things. But up until I see it happen on the show, it will be just a theory.

-caseyjones
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah that article is pretty good but time travel brings up so many other questions.. laugh.gif Like how did nobody age on the island but Ben. laugh.gif He grew 20 years in 20 years. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's explained in the article (sort of). He doesn't start using the time machine until the day he and Richard took down DARMA. Then they worked on making the whole island go back in time.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Thurssssssdayyyyyy
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message