Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    FINALLY!

I need my fix, like charlie from season 1.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Can't wait! I read they ended up adding another episode as well for the finale. It's going to on for 4 weeks till May 15th, skip May 22nd, and be a 2 hour finale on May 29th instead of a 1 hour finale. I'm pretty anxious to see where the story goes for the rest of the season.

I listened to the ABC podcast for Lost a few weeks ago. They said specific things that'll be answered this season. I won't say cause some of your peoples get scared at anything remotely spoiler like. Just listen to the one a few weeks back.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    AWESOME episode. Best of the season!

Finally, closer to understanding the smoke monster!

I'm still saying it's a cloud of electromagnetic metallic particles. I can has one?
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i know! that was a good fcking episode!, I love how 3 random people get OWNED, rofl getting rid of the USELESS!

also, Jacob is Charle ? Charle is jacob?

TELEPORTATION? timetravel? WHAT THE FUCK! LOST!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Great episode, yeah. Jack with appendicitis, stubborn and popping pills. Ben on a race to save his life. Sayid burying Nadia. Faraday lying to the losties and Bernard knows morse? wtfz?!

The smokey scene was BADASS. Did you guys notice that when Ben came out of that cave he had what looked like grease or metal dust (?) all over his shirt? Strange stuff. I was surprised that they killed Ben's daughter. Though Ben saying that they "changed the rules" suggests this is a competition or game of some kind, between him/Charles? Why does Ben care so much about a girl he kidnapped as a child?...

Charles can't be Jacob though, b1ll. It was already revealed that it was Jack's father (at least in appearance). I can't wait until they fully reveal it (him?).

This season has been really good so far - can't wait to see what happens next.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    lol, I audibly laughed when they kept feeding idiots out there to get shot. COME ON. It was like Star Trek times 3.

Reenactment:
    Sawyer: "GET BACK!"
    BAM - idiot dead
    Sawyer: "STAY BACK!"
    BAM - idiot 2 dead
    Sawyer: "DON'T COME OUT HERE!!!!"
    BAM - idiot 3 dead

Guess they couldn't hear him.
    I mean, if you hear mad gunfire, and you see someone drop, are you going to go out and try to perform a miracle? Or when you see the previous guy try and get shot, are you going to give it a try also?

Other than that, I liked the episode. I loved seeing the smoke monster coming through. Some parts of the show were pretty predictable (like I knew Benard was going to know morse code, that's why him and Jack had their eye contact earlier). But, I do have to say, I was shocked to see Ben's daughter killed. I thought for sure, he was going to go to her and find out they were just playing a trick on him, and she wasn't really dead (and he over reacted with smokie).

Any ideas on how he called smokie? I think he placed something underground along the jungle line and it attracted smokie.
    And of course, they created new questions... what 'rules' were changed? Why can't he kill Whitmore? I have my guesses, but right now I don't have enough evidence to share them ;)
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I can't remember if this has been posted yet or not but it makes for some intriguing reading:

Lost: A Theory on Time Travel
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    it was vassago? I only saw blurry nasty pictures?
    Maybe Charle wasnt cast yet when jacob first appear Lol
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why can't he kill Whitmore?
    The island won't let him...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When Hurly saw (moved?) the cabin, he walked up and saw this:

Cap08.jpg
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Jacob may appear different to different people. Jacob wasn't Jack's dad when Locke first met/saw him. So, I could see him appearing like Charlie for Hurley. BUT, if that's the case, why did he appear as Christian when Hurley looked through the window? And why would he appear as Christian to Locke?
    Just part of the unknown.

Vig: I was looking for a bit deeper answer than that ;P Like what Whitmore would have to do with the island, and why Ben couldn't kill him. Why does the island care about Whitmore (currently)? The only people the island has protected, has been those who have existed on the island. I'm not sure how he'd fit into the timetravel correction theory either :)
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    a lot more questions in this episode, but a bad ass episode nonetheless. Exciting!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Another thought is that Jacks dad is not jacob, he is just visiting jacob. Maybe he likes the ghostly company?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok heres my take on Whitmore I could be way off.

Whitmore is the captain, or was on the slave ship. He made it off the island but landed in the future and was never able to find it again until now.

Ok wild day dreaming aside, I think the practical answer is, he was a major funder of Drama Initiative but never knew how to find the island. Ben stole the island, he wants it back but needs to know how Ben comes and goes. Ben not knowing everything that Dharma was doing needs to know what Chuck knows to figure out more pieces to the islands puzzles.

OR, Ben and Chuck are/where partners. Whitmore came to Ben because he had access to the island. He payed Ben to kill everyone on the island in hopes to capitalize on it. Ben seeing that Dharma was wasting the islands potential with lame duck experiments went along with it but Ben double crossed chuck and started up his own research and slowly brought on more people in addition to the people who where already on the island but not part of Dharma, possibly survivors of the boat, or another crash. Ben ran into his now right hand man when he was a little kid, very weird still not explained.

Crazy stuff: So when the losties found the food drop, when was that actually dropped? I always wondered why people would still be dropping food if they knew Dharma was shut down.

How far back/forward does the island effect time? Can you only travel along your own timeline? It makes sense that its the case because its not your body actually going back/forward.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Great episode, getting rid of random Losties was great, now we don't have to wonder why there was random people in the background that we know nothing about. Should cut out filler episodes on random people. Smoke monster for the win in that one, soo cool.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That was my theory that I wasn't ready to share. I think somehow Whitmore was part of the Black Rock, and I think the log he bought, was his own (someone else found it). I was waiting to see if there was anything to tie to that theory though.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That could be why Widmore (not Whitmore! :P) is so interested in the sea. Remember when Desmond went to ask for Penny's hand in marriage? He had quite a few boating pictures and also went off on that sailor-commander tangent/rant about his damn scotch. Good theory - would be nice to see that pan out.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, yes, Widmore... I keep losing those memory cells with age.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Ben, made his money selling artifacts from the island, one of them being the log book?

Edit: Widmore, doh...
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Vassago wrote: »
    The smokey scene was BADASS. Did you guys notice that when Ben came out of that cave he had what looked like grease or metal dust (?) all over his shirt?

Not only that, but the cave was ANCIENT looking. Stone arch, unkept - definitely not Dharma.

bens_door.jpg

The whole episode supports the "Fate" theme. Ben didn't believe the guy would kill his daughter because she lives on in another timeline, and if he did kill her, fate would need to make a course correction (in the form of the smoke monster). . .
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motherfugker!!!! What The Hell Is Going On?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    jeffro wrote: »
    Motherfugker!!!! What The Hell Is Going On?
    mindfucks

and ben is a badass.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OH, and WTF was that thing he kept bitchslapping people with? I thought it was just a steal bar of some sort initially, but I'm wondering if there's more to it.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    notman, its just a simple collapsible baton. a lot of cops use them

http://www.gungfu.com/pics_info_pages/baton_steel_expandable.jpg
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, my brain has started to accept some of last night. The Ben kicking ass bits, badass. The cave in his closet bits, wtf? Nice find on the cave Docrob. I'm sure they'll explain soon. The Ben/Charles connection thing is weird. Why does Ben need Hurley? Doesn't he know how to get to the cabin? Man I can't wait till next week.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum wrote: »
    notman, its just a simple collapsible baton. a lot of cops use them

http://www.gungfu.com/pics_info_pages/baton_steel_expandable.jpg

Oh, cool. Thanks. I blinked and missed what it looked like when he whacked the guy on the back of the head.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hurley is also special, jeffro. Remember when he was running out in the open field and came upon the cabin? And when Locke tried taking everyone to the cabin in the forest, it was gone? Hurley somehow moved the cabin. As such, he's the only person who can find it.
    There's some really strange time travel and space time shit that's going on. I really can't wait until it's explained some more.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone else catch faraday's comment?

Jack: "When did you last see him alive?"
    Faraday: " 'when' is a relative term..."
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I heard that. I just figured it was another reference to his constant time studies.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    when Claires house exploded Me and my wife cheered! cause we really hate her character, but alas she somehow survived untouched. :(

awesome episode! The black smoke returned in full force.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I love how the smoke came through like a train that was late to a station. It just felt really satisfying seeing the smoke tear the guys from Predator 1 alive.

Check out the ABC Podcast thingy for Lost sometime. The producer guys talk a bit about the episode. It's neat stuff if you're a big enough dork about Lost to read this thread.

Also I'm guessing that the ginger girl is being saved up for something big. Hopefully it'll be revealed this season. The bedside storytime end to last night's episode has me second guessing who's in the coffin now. I thought it was Micheal. Now I'm not so sure.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Crazy episode. Loved that there was a lot of action, and stuck to the main conflict. The flash forward was great, the bodycount was high, just overall awesome, I'll definitely watch the enhanced version next week!
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    I was going to say about that door, is it the lost civilisation of Atlantis possibly!? It has a cross which suggests ancient times. Some theory on why Jacob is used, in biblical terms Jacob's ladder was the stairway to heaven, bit of a long shot proabably but since the islands pretty effed up. Damn good episode!
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    when Claires house exploded Me and my wife cheered! cause we really hate her character, but alas she somehow survived untouched. :(

awesome episode! The black smoke returned in full force.
    yeeeeah
    she spoiled the first season for me, NO LIE. Just couldn't like her character.

Question (havent watched anything post-season 2 yet but I'm all about spoiling it for myself)
    Was the three-toed statue explained yet??
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was the three-toed statue explained yet??
    I don't think so, not yet. But I think they are gearing up to explain more about where the others are at right now (the temple) and maybe more about mr smokey and Ben's door...
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Great back door action with Ben.

I'll miss his daughter though, shes one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken wrote: »
    I'll miss his daughter though, shes one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Holy crap, you need to get out more then :/
    Just on the show alone, Kate is way hotter.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    Just on the show alone, Kate is way hotter.

Not everyone is you :P
    While I do agree in this case, not everyone likes the same kind of woman.

Personally, I'm glad to see her gone, because she was a god awful actor.
  • Paul_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's so cute how protective Sawyer was with Hurley.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    While I do agree in this case, not everyone likes the same kind of woman.

Personally, I'm glad to see her gone, because she was a god awful actor.

Not as abysmal as her braindead godawful boyfriend. Him and the mother had such casual, uneventful deaths. It was actually kind of funny how they were alive, then WHOOPS killed off so easy.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

My opinion is the only that matters ;P
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    nobody's said anything about ben's arrival on his back in Tunisia in the full winter get up! :D
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Well we don't 100% know whether Claire is going to die, it's safe to assume for now she doesn't make it off the island. Because Kate takes her baby, and she's not a public figure as one of the Oceanic 6. So that could mean she won't be back for next season.

The 2005 date bugged me, is 2005 a flash forward for these guys? In all the delays of the show, I've forgotten what date they are on the island and when abouts they get off. I was confused how Sayid knew Ben in the past.

It definitely seems like they are setting up some great action for future seasons. The war between Ben and Charles which will inevitably involve Sayid and Desmond, and no doubt the parallel between those two on the boat currently being friends will probably come full circle when Sayid has to go through Desmond to capture Penny for Ben. And then we have the rest of the 6, Jack and Hugo and Kate etc who want to get back to the island.

I really do hope that before this seasons out we know the answer to the smoke monster. It's one of the few constants throughout each season that I'm dying to find out what its made of, who controls it, its origins etc.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yup, they crashed I believe Sept of 2004, so far it's taken place over like 4 months or so iirc
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    who cares. Claire bugs me
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    The timeline on Lost is getting pretty wacky. Here's where I think we're at:

Flight 815 crashed in September of 2004 (when the show premiered.) It's been four or five months since then on the island, so the island part of last week's episode was around January of 2005.

Ben teleported into Tunisia in October 2005 (last week's episode.)

The episode with Sayid as Ben's hitman ('The Economist' episode) happens after last night's episode, so that one is probably early 2006 or so.

I think the episode with Sun visiting Jin's grave happens pretty early after they get off the island, because Hurley is still apparently still not crazy - also probably late 2005. And I think the very latest 'future' we've seen so far is the end of season 3, with Jack freaking out and telling Kate how they need to go back to the Island. That's just a guess, but kinda fits.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the Desmond versus Sayid idea. I'm sure that'll happen.

I dunno about Claire dying. I think it's a giant headfake and it's really gonna be Sawyer sacrificing himself to save her or someone else. Something like that.

I'm much more interested who's in the coffin than smokey at this point.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gewd one tonight. So Claire maybe gone now... the asian dude saw Jack's dad too... I didn't see the appendix scar on Jack in the future.... Jin was pretty bad ass though.. Previews from next week... So is the guy thats been dead 12 years Jacob? :D

My theory I had the first season was purgatory, kinda like quantum leap once the people work on what they had wrong in their lives they are removed from the time line.. still leans a little bit like that..
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, as much as the producers keeps saying it isn't purgatory, they sure seem to really follow that sort of storyline.

I found it odd that Claire just disappeared. I think the "Asian dude" can see dead spirits also, so that may be why he also saw Christian.
    Definitely a good episode. I was also looking for Jack's scar, to help place the timeline, but it didn't exist (From what I could see). I did notice the extra tattoo that I don't remember existing on his back previously. It looks like the Pontiac emblem ;)

The Hurley moment was pretty cool though.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Claire, gone. Na

To tie it all up nicely with a bow ontop. They could pin a lot of this on Jacob.

Jacob could be really old, caught between two worlds by a mistake or he tried to use the island and it backfired. It would be awesome if he's Ben/Chucks common enemy who tried to take over the island back in the pre Dharma days. Now he's trying to undo-redo what he did by manipulating people the only way he can.

Why tell Ben to take the children, not so they'll be safe, but so Jacob can choose a new permanent host! heh jk he would have taken Aaron, unless he's an unfit host! heh jk again.

ok I've got nothing, but its awesome to watch!