Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    It's Michael's baby! Did you see the awkward look when Sung told him she's pregnant? Heh, I've been teasing my wife that it's his baby ever since she came up pregnant. There was always looming thoughts about what went on between them in the early episodes.

Good finale!

- BoBo
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The island may have protected Jin, maybe Michael too
    Yeah not too sure about it protecting Michael, since Jacob's PR guy showed up and told him he could go.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    It's Michael's baby! Did you see the awkward look when Sung told him she's pregnant? Heh, I've been teasing my wife that it's his baby ever since she came up pregnant. There was always looming thoughts about what went on between them in the early episodes.

Good finale!

- BoBo

hahhaaha, that crossed my mind also. The baby didn't look black though ;) Just after Michael looked awkwardly at Sun, I thought, Hmmm, they only confirmed the baby was conceived ON the island... not with who :o
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Did they ever show the baby?? That would be hilarious.
    I also think they are going to do something with ghosts or afterlife or something, the reference to Mr. Ecko, It seems as though Hurley is getting that same power the smarmy Asian dude has. Plus all the ghosts that appear to work for jacob. Bloody nose guy from green mile and Jacks Dad.

Vig, I think your right about Jin. I would work for him to get picked up by Faraday.
    It also makes sense that Sun would want to get back to the island to see if Jin was there, hence her contact with Widmore.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the baby was shown in the future... where Hurley comes to visit (at least I believe the baby was shown). I know Hurley holds the kid.

I forgot to mention the Ecko thing. That was funny/cool. The look Sayid had was comical.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    ya, I believe JIn lives too.

Micheal is dead, what jacob or whatever is name is said. U can go now, After all the times he tries to kill himself
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    Well, I suppose moving the island explains how the Black Rock got in the middle of the island. When they move the island, it probably does not move location but place in time. I suppose the island has been moved before...and at one point, probably materialized along the same timeline as the Black Rock, as the ship was passing over that point in the ocean.

I wouldn't be suprised if Whitmore was once "Captain Whitmore" of the Black Rock (it just makes for a great pirate name, I suppose). Maybe he was Jacob's toadie until Ben Linus showed up, and had to move the island at one time resulting in his wanting to get back to the island again, as well as his fascination with the Black Rock painting.

Locke must have had to move the island after Ben, as he ends up off the island as well.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locke: "But the man on the tape said not to put anything metal in there?"
    Ben: "yes" (continues to load lots of metal into the hatch)
    Ben: "you might want to duck"
    They've gone a long way in making Ben likable. On the flip side I'd really like to see jack throw himself off something tall and land on something pointy a few times. I'm getting a little tired of seeing drunk/hurt/crying Jack.

Who thinks Sayid is going to force Hurley back to the island?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree... I'm a bit tired of the whiney Jack.

I like the Black Rock theory (that the island appeared while it was drifting by).

The thing I'm curious about falls under that whole space time thing. The island has to exist at SOME time. Even if the whole Island goes back in time, it will still exist in the current time. So, theoretically, the island went back in time and should have been replaced with an island that is in the current time.
    I could believe that it didn't exist when it appeared and trapped the Black Rock (if that's what happened), since island typically form with time. But it should always exist in the future unless it is destroyed at some point.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Welll over time wouldn't the coordinace of the island change as the earth shifts on its axis?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess that is possible. I would still think it would be within a visual range of the helicopter... but I guess it depends on where they went ;)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unless its not actually an island...
    I'll cross my fingers that they don't pull a Indy
    /alien
    * thing on us. If they do, hopefully they won't over explain it...

*possible Indiana Jones spoiler
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahahah, spoiler overflow ;)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    umm no... I meant... err... aahh... independent yeah, thats it...

Seriously I thought they over explained it to the point that even people who haven't seen the movie knew :poly110:
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    also cool how redhead bitch and asian ghost whisperer wanted to stay on the island. born there? hmmm....
    i fucking loved bens "time traveling bunnies" comment. awesome. oh the possibilty of bunnies hurtling through time! :D
    desmond is still king. happy for the dude.
    cool how hurley knew that michael was dead but didn't say so to adult walt.
    the guy that i am most intrigued by is batmanuel/guyliner. crewmember of the black pearl? eternally young? ability to come and go from island?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought for sure they were going to have Desmond die in the heli crash... I would have been pissed if they did that.

They ran a commercial saying there were several endings filmed and suggested they'd be shown on the Today Show or Good Morning America (can't remember which). I'm interested in catching them somewhere on the net later.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did anyone notice any type of video artifacts on the video last night looked like a phase shift, I was wondering if it was my tivo, on faraday, sayid, and jack a couple times, it would change shadow in the middle of them talking and they'd get a ghost effect for a split second, the wife noticed it too, it happened once I remember the first time when faraday was walking and someone asked him if his neck was ok, or something like that. :D I'm going to watch it online and see if it was like that too...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hurley bringing Echo back up last night gave me a little hope they would do more with him. He was the only one I can think of that saw a ghost and denied it was actually who it claimed to be. When they killed him off it seemed like they weren't going to answer that, but maybe they will...

I'm waiting to see if they tie Mr Echo's past, (possibly an ancestor) to the Black Rock. So far people have been inner connected to some other passenger, I'm not sure if Echo ever was linked.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [MILES] wrote: »
    Well, I suppose moving the island explains how the Black Rock got in the middle of the island. When they move the island, it probably does not move location but place in time. I suppose the island has been moved before...and at one point, probably materialized along the same timeline as the Black Rock, as the ship was passing over that point in the ocean.

I wouldn't be suprised if Whitmore was once "Captain Whitmore" of the Black Rock (it just makes for a great pirate name, I suppose). Maybe he was Jacob's toadie until Ben Linus showed up, and had to move the island at one time resulting in his wanting to get back to the island again, as well as his fascination with the Black Rock painting.

Locke must have had to move the island after Ben, as he ends up off the island as well.

I really like this theory, it sounds plausible and cool, I've always wondered if Alpert was part of the black rock crew, but it might be possible that whitmore is too, since it transports people off the island when they do the shift, I wonder if ben knows how to get back or if he NEEDS the other 6 to just get back himself? sooo many questions
  • dippingsauce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    They ran a commercial saying there were several endings filmed and suggested they'd be shown on the Today Show or Good Morning America (can't remember which). I'm interested in catching them somewhere on the net later.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWMYFAycmQ"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWMYFAycmQ[/ame]

The alternate endings...!
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    those other endings are lame. kill off semi-minor characters? so what? we all knew it was going to be either locke or ben or even whitmore. the people driving the plot forward, not the passengers.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Just watched it, it was AWESOME!!! In my opinion the best lost finale ever!

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!
    Its pretty interesting how Jack, Kate, Sayid and Hurley seem to know that Locke is Bentham, and that Jack and Kate have spoken with (obviously off the island) him a month before he's dead. Locke offered Jack to come back to the island then, but apparantly Jack didnt want to come back then, but he does now... I wonder what happened?

One thing that annoys me is why the hell that farraday guy is still wearing his tie on a time-travelling island, does he have a job interview in the future or something? :D
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Whitmore was once the leader on the island, before Ben took over.

Calling it now.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    adamBrome wrote: »

Calling it now.

As it is said..."Great minds think alike."

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Just caught up watching the last 3 episodes back to back. I find thats the way I can only enjoy LOST these days. Just because you generally get a lame filler episode from time to time. But it didn't really feel that way with the last 3 at all.

My theory on the coffin being so small was because Locke (Latham) was basically a John Doe and no one really wanted to fork out for a proper funeral/burial and he was given whatever was lying around. That and it was a good way to confuse viewers about the identity of the person in the coffin.
    I initially thought it was Locke, because at that stage everyone hated him, but once we found out he wasn't apart of the Oceanic 6 I had my doubts.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next season (whenever that plans to kick off). Ben is slowly becoming one of my favourite characters on the show.

-caseyjones
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, as I think I've stated before, I think the coffin was smaller because the island corrected things. Since John couldn't walk when he came to the island, when he left, the timeline had to be corrected, so he lost his legs somehow. Although, in reality, it's not often that an adult will have a smaller coffin ordered if his legs are missing, which is why the smaller coffin is so odd in the first place. I wonder if the coffin was never meant to appear small, especially looking at those alternate endings (unless those were just recorded to throw off any leaks).
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    adamBrome wrote: »

Calling it now.

Good call. I like that plot development idea where every time the Island moves it gets a new leader.

If Whitmore was the leader at one point, and he left via the time travel method then he is searching for a way back. Now Ben leaves the same way, knowing his fate and HE is searching for a way back. I wonder if Locke perhaps found out from the people, something bad happens and then he uses the Island power to get off, I wonder then if there will be a new leader?

Perhaps the Ghost dude or the red head or something, maybe a story arc for season 3.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    bumping in preparation for new series
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah been surprised they haven't been promoting the shit out of this season, I've not seen any ads for it... O_o
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Starts on Jan 21st right? Damn not much time to go back over season 4.

Oh well I'm sure the first 10min will be "previously on Lost"...
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Last season they had a whole hour of recap before the actual premiere. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    WEDNESDAY BIATCH :D
    omg can't wait
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dekard wrote: »
    Yeah been surprised they haven't been promoting the shit out of this season, I've not seen any ads for it... O_o

I guess it depends on what you watch, and when ;) I've seen it advertised more as the date approaches, but basically only on ABC. I think I got an email about it too.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    Slum wrote: »
    Last season they had a whole hour of recap before the actual premiere. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year.
    Happens every year. I think they even play that recap the week before too.

Can't wait to see the new episode.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    So Whitmire then Ben then Locke I guess? And Locke is the one that Bush's the Island?

I'm more curious to figure out where they are taking this thing in the next 30+ episodes. I'm guessing the 6 won't make it back to the Island till the finale this year. At least it's a fast season and there's no weeks off. Is it Wednesday yet?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    jeffro wrote: »
    So Whitmire then Ben then Locke I guess? And Locke is the one that Bush's the Island?

I'm more curious to figure out where they are taking this thing in the next 30+ episodes. I'm guessing the 6 won't make it back to the Island till the finale this year. At least it's a fast season and there's no weeks off. Is it Wednesday yet?

It's Widmore, not Whitmore :P
    And lets keep politics out of the thread :D
    I just hope they tell us wtf the smoke monster is. TELL ME NOOOOOW
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was wondering when they were going to kick off the new season. I recently picked up the first 3 seasons on DVD and have been watching them like mad (then I'd re-watch the episodes with the commentary - highly recommended for any LOST fan).
    Need to smash through the fourth season now before the new season kicks in.

-caseyjones
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    With all the flash forwards going on in season 4 I think I'm gonna have to make a trip to some LOST wiki to catch up on all the plotlines. I can't wait for Wednesday.

Up here (Toronto) they are doing 3 hours. The first hour is a "mysteries of the island" special. Which will no doubt go through some things to catch us up.

(also, Vassago I love your sig)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love caseyjones's sig.. :D Just needs a second shot of mustard for bukkake dog! :D
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All I know is that the show needs more time-traveling bunnies! Only good thing about last season!
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almost!

fapfapfap!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vassago wrote: »
    It's Widmore, not Whitmore :P
    And lets keep politics out of the thread :D
    I just hope they tell us wtf the smoke monster is. TELL ME NOOOOOW
    [Arnold voice]
    "DO IT! DO IT NOW! TELL ME! I'M HERE TELL ME NOW! DO IT! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!"
    [/Arnold voice]
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    caseyjones wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next season (whenever that plans to kick off). Ben is slowly becoming one of my favourite characters on the show.

-caseyjones
    I think Ben is the best character on TV. He went from being a bit player who was written in for 3 episodes to stealing the whole damn show. That scene last year where Hurley offered him some of his food was gold.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I liked this scene also.

Locke: "But the man on the tape said not to put anything metal in there?"
    Ben: "yes" (keeps loading a lot of metal into the device)
    Locke: ...umm...
    Ben: "you might want to duck"
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How safe is this thread going to be spoiler and whining wise?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are plenty of spoilers if you don't watch it the night it's shown, but usually not much is given away prior to showtime.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark wrote: »
    How safe is this thread going to be spoiler and whining wise?
    Not safe at all. I would seriously avoid this thread unless you've seen the latest episode and are open to hearing about theories/spoilers/etc.

-caseyjones
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    People use spoiler tags, but generally its an unsafe thread. On the day an episode airs, I dont read the thread till after I see it.
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Tonight! Woohoo!

Well - it will be tomorrow before I have finished downloading it and get a chance to watch it, but stil... tonight! Woohoo!