RAW's Playlist

[noparse]

Update! It's version 1.0 guys !
[noparse]https://youtu.be/JMx-GLaCtxE

Replies

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    RAW No 5 has been uploaded and shows a more complex workflow :)

https://youtu.be/4fGGnQzdJqI
  • coccosoids
    WaYWO said:

Still wrapping my head around this - but just wanted to ask: any chance of someone going further with these models and demonstrating some basic texturing workflow? Or rather - should I ask - is everyone retopo-ing models or can they be used straight as is?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    WaYWO said:

Still wrapping my head around this - but just wanted to ask: any chance of someone going further with these models and demonstrating some basic texturing workflow? Or rather - should I ask - is everyone retopo-ing models or can they be used straight as is?
    There are tones of workflow you can imagine with Crease+ , I like to think I would go for Alien Isolation workflow,
    to explain in short , they would often model mid-poly models (with bevels as sharp edges), then they'd play with the normals to give it a smooth look.
    BUT of course they texture it without the normal map, and you can you use this workflow and add a normal map in it , assuming your model will be triangulated anyway (no Ngons for game meshes). You can even retopo it like it was a classic high poly and bake it from there (if the normals are well smooth of course) .

here is an interesting lecture of the A.I workflow :)
    http://polycount.com/discussion/154664/a-short-explanation-about-custom-vertex-normals-tutorial
  • mktacuara
    Offline / Send Message
    mktacuara polycounter lvl 9

WIP. Arc Tool from TitanFall 2.

Putting Crease + to the test. I love this tool. 
  • Legionaire
    Offline / Send Message
    Legionaire polycounter lvl 4
    a great tool, but
    when I use Shape Shifter or SolidBevel or HBevel, then Ctrl+Z  Maya crash.
    (Maya 2017 up2, win7)

This will be corrected?

Regards,
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    a great tool, but
    (Maya 2017 up2, win7)

This will be corrected?

Regards,
    Trying my best, but this one is a bit difficult to fix since it's really user specific
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    mktacuara said:

WIP. Arc Tool from TitanFall 2.

Putting Crease + to the test. I love this tool. 
    Wonderful, wonderful really :o:)
  • coccosoids
    WaYWO said:
    a great tool, but
    (Maya 2017 up2, win7)

This will be corrected?

Regards,
    Trying my best, but this one is a bit difficult to fix since it's really user specific
    Careful with this since maya had a lot of issues with undo for a lot of users. Mostly with MASH and the new Hypershade - so maybe it's worth to give AD a shout about this.
  • mktacuara
    Offline / Send Message
    mktacuara polycounter lvl 9
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    mktacuara said:

Final High Poly for the Arc Tool from Titanfall 2 fan art. 

Man, it looks absolutely delicious , Low poly will be even more faster though :)
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Hey, just wanted to say that me and a friend are both still getting crashes after undoing a bevel made using crease+. I have it on 2016, and 2016.5, and he's using 2017.
    Doesn't happen every single time, but often enough that it seriously gets in the way.

Just figured I should let you know.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Joopson said:
    Hey, just wanted to say that me and a friend are both still getting crashes after undoing a bevel made using crease+. I have it on 2016, and 2016.5, and he's using 2017.
    Doesn't happen every single time, but often enough that it seriously gets in the way.

Just figured I should let you know.
    Will definitely make an announce when it 'll be fixed, beside that I have one new "Module" to implement bringing a lot of new features :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

I decided to do a quick block - out with some designs in mind , to test the Quick Smoothing feature, and turns out that ... *Hey, that's pretty good* , Basically
    I modeled the shapes , then selected all the Objects and hit Quick smoothing (It basically assign hard and soft edges automatically ) , to finally use HBevel with no tweaks regarding edge softness and hardness , one thing is that if It's not perfect, you can always bevel manually edges that was softened during the process. Also I'm close to release Crease+ Extension ( Will probably be Free ) :)

• jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
    jmlinares polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks Waywo. I would recover my smile if there is a chance to move the 30 angle smooth buttom from Edit panel to Modeling one, as we usually use this in the modeling process before beveling. Only a suggestion.
    Thanks
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jmlinares said:
    Thanks Waywo. I would recover my smile if there is a chance to move the 30 angle smooth buttom from Edit panel to Modeling one, as we usually use this in the modeling process before beveling. Only a suggestion.
    Thanks
    Will do it : )
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi guys, I have an idea with additionl tools for curves, is it possible to create surfases in closed non-planar curve? I know that we have surface tools, but sometimes thay are not enough. I tried to find some scripts but not found anything.

• throttlekitty
    That's more or less what's going on in Fansub's script, I hope the fancy capping going on in Swordslayer's script makes it in.

Typically you'd use birail, boundary or extrude for that example, what are you trying to accomplish?
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Swordslayer's  script looking great! Waiting for release in crease plus ;)
    A know about birail and if you want to fill it you have to detach curves, so when you have to fill about 100 curves it becomes so bored! ) (i need it for hardsurface retopo)  for example - if you have CAD files  you can get Curves from that, and what you need - only "fill" it with proper polycount.

Character artist have a lot great tools for retopo, but we with our specific not)))

So when i tried this one it's (in 3ds Max) work great with curves. In maya with birail's i have to detach curves and then rebuild they, then i can use birail -> convet to poly. Here i can only build surface without rebuilds and converts. So now it will be cool if in Maya we get same script with additional 
    capabilities to build surface in closed curves! )))
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    witos said:
    Hi guys, I have an idea with additionl tools for curves, is it possible to create surfases in closed non-planar curve? I know that we have surface tools, but sometimes thay are not enough. I tried to find some scripts but not found anything.

We'll see for that particular one on another  thread :) , but Yeah Like @throttlekitty said the Quad fill Thing is going on these days :)
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    WaYWO said:
    witos said:

We'll see for that particular one on another  thread :) , but Yeah Like @throttlekitty said the Quad fill Thing is going on these days :)  
    Yeah i saw it - Quad fill will be awesome additional tool ;) but  Mesh Surface script for Max awesome too, so it will be usefull in maya too! 
    Thank you for your job.  You creating great tools for us!

• WaYWO
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Inspired by @Joao Sapiro  's paper
    one of the Hottest things in Max is the smooth by smoothing groups feature

BUT you don't have the non-destructive nature of Max in Maya , not ATM (could work on that)
    STILL, the main thing about that is the fact you have a Low poly Geo that is hyper Manageable, The fact is It's even more powerful in Maya , because of the Way you can quickly set Hard and Soft edges directly.
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Waywo. I am working in a huge scele scene and I realised that the maximum value for DBevel offset is 4, even if I manually try to set a higher value.
    Should be possible to increise this limitation in the future? 
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jmlinares said:
    Hello Waywo. I am working in a huge scele scene and I realised that the maximum value for DBevel offset is 4, even if I manually try to set a higher value.
    Will do for next update, Yes, because It's real measures , so scaling has some down effects
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO said:
    jmlinares said:
    Will do for next update, Yes, because It's real measures , so scaling has some down effects
    Greaaat
  • 3DShaq
    Offline / Send Message
    3DShaq vertex
    Hey I just installed CreasePlus for Maya 2016 SP6 but it seems to crash (as in freezes and can't access any functions) whenever I try to apply a Box or Full Boolean. Any Ideas? Thanks
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    3DShaq said:
    Hey I just installed CreasePlus for Maya 2016 SP6 but it seems to crash (as in freezes and can't access any functions) whenever I try to apply a Box or Full Boolean. Any Ideas? Thanks
     Send me a Private message with more details please , this is unusual for Boolean features 
  • 3DShaq
    Offline / Send Message
    3DShaq vertex
    WaYWO said:
    3DShaq said:
     Send me a Private message with more details please , this is unusual for Boolean features 
    I messaged you
  • Puzzledust
    Offline / Send Message
    Puzzledust polycounter lvl 4
    WaYWO said:
    Inspired by @Joao Sapiro  's paper
    one of the Hottest things in Max is the smooth by smoothing groups feature

BUT you don't have the non-destructive nature of Max in Maya , not ATM (could work on that)
    STILL, the main thing about that is the fact you have a Low poly Geo that is hyper Manageable, The fact is It's even more powerful in Maya , because of the Way you can quickly set Hard and Soft edges directly.
    Hey WaYWo,

I have crease and I've watched your videos, but in general I have had trouble getting it to do what I want.  I can get it to boolean most things exactly how I want it to, but when I get to the point of beveling the edges based on hard and soft edges using Sb or Ss, it almost always has problems in some part of the mesh, UNLESS it is a very simple mesh (ie not too crazy complicated in shape).  Is there a limit to the complexity of the mesh before it just won't work properly?  I know i'm being vague because I don't have a mesh in front of me to show you, but this has just been my overall feeling with the plugin.  In all of my cases I am not using zbrush, just trying to get a decent highpoly in Maya.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Puzzledust not really , as along as you have enough space for the bevel to occur around the Hard edges so it doesn't become Shit, I will recommand you to try HBevel when you have problems, it is better then SS and SB , And you can also tweak the bevel type between Average , Round and Star. I always use HBevel + it works on face selection which is awesome. :)
  • pi3c3
    Offline / Send Message
    pi3c3 polycounter lvl 11
    WaYWO said:
    witos said:

I'm currently working on something that can do the trick. Sometimes it's pretty tricky to make poly creating scripts in maya, so it may take a little longer to develop... But I'm on it... :)
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    pi3c3 said:
    WaYWO said:
    witos said:

I'm currently working on something that can do the trick. Sometimes it's pretty tricky to make poly creating scripts in maya, so it may take a little longer to develop... But I'm on it... :)
    Wow it's great news! let me know if when it need to be tested! Now i starting learn more about python scripting for maya )
    May someone give any useful likns about scripting for newbe?
  • pi3c3
    Offline / Send Message
    pi3c3 polycounter lvl 11
    witos said:
    pi3c3 said:
    WaYWO said:
    witos said:

Wow it's great news! let me know if when it need to be tested! Now i starting learn more about python scripting for maya )
    May someone give any useful likns about scripting for newbe?
    There is wast amount of tutorials and resources all over the internet. What you really have to keep in mind is that it will take a looong long time to understand the base inner structure of maya, otherwise you not gonna do anything. Sometimes you may find things weird, and you will ask from yourself: "why such a crap is that". But at the end you're gonna accept the facts and the reasons.

For basics I really advise you to start with maya cmds. Those are the basics. After you gained some experience, you can continue with the Maya API (maya.OpenMaya), which needs the understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming). Without that, you can't do anything.

The best way to learn maya.cmds is to find something, which you don't like in maya, or you know a better solution for it, which make things easier. (Combine and keep all the objects in the same group where you performed the action, or just simply writing simple for loops, to change certain attributes...)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    I agree with the latter :)
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi guys what about quad fill tool?) wanna test it! :)
  • pi3c3
    Offline / Send Message
    pi3c3 polycounter lvl 11
    Currently what I was able to achieve is that the tool is working without history. To have the things much comprehensive I'm planning to make it compatible with the maya Dependency Graph system, which means I have to implement the whole thing under a node. This takes some time. Especially if we take in consideration, that I'm working, so I don't really have additional time. I can work on it at the weekends only. :) So be patient. I'm working on it... :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Ok , so I just finished a private project (wait for it :) ), I will now fix All the BottleNecks and Crash triggers of CREASE+ , and it will go version 1.0 which means it gonna pass the "beta" state of the thing.
  • ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
  • nooby
    Offline / Send Message
    nooby polycounter lvl 10
    keep on waiting for this goody!!
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    DONE ! It has been 2-3 days of Hard coding , now I'm implementing The Extension, shouldn't take too long :D ,  You can be sure that all the Annoying bugs and crash triggers has been removed , YOU CAN UNDO FREELY HOW'S THAT lol + ... New UI design that I'm sure you'll enjoy
    It's like 3000 lines of code reduce to 1k clock :)
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
  • nooby
    Offline / Send Message
    nooby polycounter lvl 10
    yaaaay!!! will be there an email notification for the update ?? 
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    nooby said:
    yaaaay!!! will be there an email notification for the update ?? 
    Yep there will be one
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Also writing a New Documentation From A to Z :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @all , here it is, just when you though there was no Hope :
    [noparse]https://youtu.be/JMx-GLaCtxE
    Everyone should've received a mail, those who haven't , please PM me, those who didn't have Crease+ in the first place go get it , damn! :)

• NeonMonkey
    Offline / Send Message
    NeonMonkey polycounter lvl 6
    Greetings and thank you for CreasePlus 1.0. I appreciate the work of everyone involved and I've been a satisfied customer for awhile now. Keep up the excellent work, that is all!  :)

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Greetings and thank you for CreasePlus 1.0. I appreciate the work of everyone involved and I've been a satisfied customer for awhile now. Keep up the excellent work, that is all!  :)

Aww, Thanks alot ! Appreciate it sir !
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    So Here's the mysterious project I was working on, I didn't tell it first because it was one journey, And I wouldn't give false Hope , But Here it is : NDM Phoenix
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    for persons that are having lot of crashes or unusual behaviors, I found out that deleting the prefs folder (and saving your hotkey file because It's precious) will lead to make not only Crease+ infinitely more stable but also Maya :smile:
  • ziwuxin
    Offline / Send Message
    ziwuxin polycounter lvl 7
    I have a question about hard bevel. Where can I find bevel type, such as Round, Star, and Average? BTW, I'm using 0.98 version.