RAW's Playlist

[noparse]

Update! It's version 1.0 guys !
[noparse]

Replies

• Orgazmaat
    Greetings.

Been surprised i have no polycount account yet. vOv 
    Anyway , looks like Baidhir forgot us. And we have to do something with this "HBevel" and "Physical Crease" stuff. For all who have troubles with script - edit CreasePlus.mel .
     Just find these lines:

if(!$cp_iterator_1){         
             dragAttrContext -e -ct ($op[0] + ".hOffset") "cpCtx"; print "Switch to H Offset";
                }else if($cp_iterator_1 == 1){
                dragAttrContext -e -ct ($op[0] + ".hDivisions") "cpCtx"; print "Switch to H Divisions";
               }else{
             dragAttrContext -e -ct ($op[0] + ".hOffset") "cpCtx"; print "Switch to H Offset";
            $cp_iterator_1 = 0;
               }

and comment them using "//" in the begining of the line. This surely will kill something else, but it looks like it solved my problems with Hbevel for now on 2016.5 SP1.

See ya o/.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm Polycount Sponsor
    Hey, I'm looking to purchase this on gumroad for the live boolean feature, but had a couple questions first.
    1. Does it work in Maya 2017 and 2018?
    2. What does the UV tool do, I am looking to do the live boolean and then have the resulting faces it creates have a specific UV tiling amount applied to them, can it do that or do I need to adjust the UV tiling after the boolean is complete.
  • cromadbomber
    Offline / Send Message
    cromadbomber polycounter lvl 5
    @malcolm Yep it does work for 17/18 release. Altho I would recommend you to get DCBoolManager its alot less buggy and its free.
    For UV Tool it creates islands based on the hard edges.
  • pOgOstyle
    Offline / Send Message
    pOgOstyle polycounter lvl 5
    Go for Mainframe boolean system.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I'll check out DCBoolManager, I already found the Mainframe one, but it doesn't support 2017 which we use at work currently. The mainframe one looks amazing though.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry forgot to ask, the tool we need actually needs to cut an object in half, but leave the internal faces, so I need to do a boolean difference, but don't delete the first object, any suggestions on that tool? Free is not a requirement either.
  • DRoss3d
    Offline / Send Message
    DRoss3d polycounter lvl 6
    ADN modeler has a nice Boolean Panel tool that I use from time to time.  https://gumroad.com/fansub
  • _mpac
    Offline / Send Message
    _mpac null
    Edit: Problem solved, I'm ridiculous sometimes...
  • Bizzarro
    Offline / Send Message
    Bizzarro polycounter lvl 5
    mainframe looks nice, if only it was cheaper
  • noriu
    Offline / Send Message
    noriu null
    Hello, it is a very splendid tool!
    I want to use it by all means in our company, is the commercial use possible if I pay license charges?
    Do you have any other a condition?
  • jordic42
    Offline / Send Message
    jordic42 null
    Just installed Crease+ on maya 2018 but it keeps crashing everytime I undo. Any solution?
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg polycounter
    Yea Crease+ has been really unstable on the 2018 release for me as well. However OP has been MIA for quite some time, sure they're just busy with stuff, but right now I've just switched to a different bool management tool in the mean time.
  • Polynaught
    Offline / Send Message
    Polynaught polycounter lvl 6
    CreasePlus on Maya 2018:
    Crashes on Undo

ADN Modeler Tools (AMTools) on Maya 2018:
    Shapeshifter is giving warnings about encountering non-manifold vertex. Cannot Bevel.

Tested with 2 simple primitives and a Boolean Panel operation thrown onto them.

I would love to use these scripts to their full advantage. Do I need to go back to Maya 2017?
  • obijohnkenobi
    Will there be any 2018 support??  :#
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 11
    i believe it has become abandonware
  • adeebalm
    Offline / Send Message
    adeebalm node
    see this and the music

• adeebalm
    Offline / Send Message
    adeebalm node
    see this and music

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 7
    i believe it has become abandonware

Sadly he has. he has his money. truly ashame as it had potential. I will likely not purchase anything from him again given he has neglected 2 pieces of software so far.

• Vader
    Offline / Send Message
    Vader polycounter lvl 2
    Hello. I often use Crease +. I really like how your script works. The only thing is that it does not work very correctly on Maya 2018.5. Tell me, when will the script be updated?
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg polycounter
    Vader said:
    Hello. I often use Crease +. I really like how your script works. The only thing is that it does not work very correctly on Maya 2018.5. Tell me, when will the script be updated?
    My man, read the thread. It's been abandoned at this point. Check out Hard Mesh for Maya its phenomenal.
  • pOgOstyle
    Offline / Send Message
    pOgOstyle polycounter lvl 5
    Your'e alive! Im still using crease+ everyday and this stuff looks promising.
  • GlowingPotato
    Offline / Send Message
    GlowingPotato polycounter lvl 5
    WaYWO said:
    Hi there,

Really sorry for being out of the loop this whole time :( , as some of you might have noticed I stopped any social media/forums activities for a while now, mostly to deal with a lot of personal matters and projects (I'll talk about it more in details later this year).

I'm currently at a point where I hope I can slowly come back into the online world, and hopefully this will be the first post of many :)

Anyway, back to the topic: Crease+ has been remade from scratch and now supports Maya 2016 to Maya 2019. What's more, I've also added a non-destructive geometry bevel, a brand-new curve beveling tool and a curves to polygon tool.

The UI has also been remade from scratch to be more discrete, and hides itself when you stop using it, while still giving you its location in case you need it. More on this GIF:

The tool is ready to be deployed and only needs some extra testing for a few days before I can ship it. If you're interested please drop me a PM and I'll send you the latest version for you to try it out!

Thanks!

I would love to try this!
  • jeorge
    Hi, WaYWO are you also planning to update NDM phoenix? or are you aiming to consolidate the tools in to one plug in? Thanks.
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
    jmlinares polycounter lvl 5
    Yessss, you guys are back!!!! Here I am in case you need some testing. Tones of hard surface models are here waiting to be used XDD
    Still using Crease+ as my main modeling tool
  • romix
    Offline / Send Message
    romix triangle
    Fansub said:
    Hey @jeorge ! To answer your question: NDM, Quick Pipe, ADN Modeler Tools, Quad Caps and even Crease+ are all gonna be consolidated into a bigger project Baidhir and I have been working on for a few years already, and you should be able to use them whether you're a Maya Max or Blender user.

We still don't have any specific ETA for public beta but as always "it's in the works" ^^'
    Can we expect to see an alpha version soon? Or even video preview :)
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub polycounter
    As soon as we feel like the software is ready to be publicly showcased believe me we're gonna be screaming about it all over the internet :D
  • KonginChains
    Offline / Send Message
    KonginChains polycounter lvl 10
    Looking forward to it! I had bought creaseplus just last week, it didn't have the nice update ui in WayWo new demo video. Also shapeshifter is disabled, I get an error message "Unable to start ShapeShifter,you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support." How do I go about doing this?

However, I still don't know know what the exact difference is between shapeshifter, hibevel and physical crease. They all seem the same to me, which is it finds all hard edges and bevels them. Anyone care to enlighten me?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO polycounter lvl 5
    Looking forward to it! I had bought creaseplus just last week, it didn't have the nice update ui in WayWo new demo video. Also shapeshifter is disabled, I get an error message "Unable to start ShapeShifter,you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support." How do I go about doing this?

However, I still don't know know what the exact difference is between shapeshifter, hibevel and physical crease. They all seem the same to me, which is it finds all hard edges and bevels them. Anyone care to enlighten me?

ShapeShifter is a third party, you must have ADN Modeling tools to use it,
    all the SS button does is call the non proprietary script.
    However I PM'd you the last C+ :)
  • WaYWO
  • Flmn
    Offline / Send Message
    Flmn polycounter lvl 2
    @WaYWO finally, thanks! Really loved the interface, but I found a thing, which actually worked in previous version, but not now. If you want to boolean several instances from an object, only the first one will be cut out. Others will just stay in place and do nothing. However, the instances will still share their shape. And if you try to boolean instances one by one, then the boolean toggle will act, not the actual boolean operation.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO polycounter lvl 5
    are you talking about booleans with an instanced mesh ,
    as instances that share one mesh, a common entity ?
    yes this has been removed, I can reintroduce it
  • Flmn
    Offline / Send Message
    Flmn polycounter lvl 2
    That's the case. I use a lot of this.