Home General Discussion

Grand Theft Auto V

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    How do I even do that? I get locked into the "satellite view" loading screen all the time, in which no interaction is possible (right?)? When things go wrong it spends 3+ minutes "joining GTA online" (zoomed out), then 5 minutes stuck in a black screen (GTA Online timed out, press A to continue) where pressing A doesn't do a thing, then another 20 seconds satellite-view loading to go back to SP. After that I can just restart the cycle (tried 4-5 times yesterday) As far as i know there's no interaction possible during any of these phases...
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    So - what do you all look like online ? Would be fun to share screenshots :D

Mine :
    pior_gtao_zps6f0bd8e1.png~original

:D
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    just like IRL? ^^
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    I gave my current character a pig mask then took it off and she was bald. This character got deleted though.

0_0.jpg
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Xoliul wrote: »
    How do I even do that? I get locked into the "satellite view" loading screen all the time, in which no interaction is possible (right?)? When things go wrong it spends 3+ minutes "joining GTA online" (zoomed out), then 5 minutes stuck in a black screen (GTA Online timed out, press A to continue) where pressing A doesn't do a thing, then another 20 seconds satellite-view loading to go back to SP. After that I can just restart the cycle (tried 4-5 times yesterday) As far as i know there's no interaction possible during any of these phases...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51547/new-title-update-to-address-gta-online-game-progress-loss-and-ot.html

Fixes in this title update include:

Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
    Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
    Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
    Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
    Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
    Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
    Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
    Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
    Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
    Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
    Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    finished the singleplayer, really enjoyed it and the lighting in the last scene is amazing!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I am actually selling my copy. I play it too much and I find it distracting me from my indie game too much... haha >_<
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    I still got a few of those "fixes" happen to me today.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Haha Calabi she's freaky as fuck, I love this :D
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockstar giving out half a million in game dollars to every GTAO player this month.

Honestly, it seems too much and too easy to me. I'll be able to buy the best house and car straight away...
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what? why would they give it away? i like that people need to work for their weapons and attachments and stuff...
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeh 500,000 is way too much I think 100,00 would be more then enough never mind 500,000.... that buys the most expensive apartment with 100,000 to spare...
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    All them folks who paid the $6 microtransaction for an in-game $500k are going to be happy with this.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee wrote: »
    All them folks who paid the $6 microtransaction for an in-game $500k are going to be happy with this.

They will have 1 million dollars so why should they complain? There's not much to do with the money other than buy more cars though, since you can only have one apartment.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Rockstar giving out half a million in game dollars to every GTAO player this month.

Honestly, it seems too much and too easy to me. I'll be able to buy the best house and car straight away...

You seem unaware that tons of players already have over $4m from farming, a few of my friends have $8m and their friends have over 12.

Theres a glitch where you can sell a modded bike for $20k and then go to the online store and the back to the game and youll have your bike again and itll let you resell it with no delay. You can make $4m an hour
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    farming glitches is playing with fire, be prepared to have your bank account whiped or on the extreme end, get your account banned.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heres a glitch where you can sell a modded bike for $20k and then go to the online store and the back to the game and youll have your bike again and itll let you resell it with no delay. You can make $4m an hour
    Sounds like an action packed hour of fun.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, I gotta thank Rockstar for introducing me to Jessy Bulbo http://open.spotify.com/track/7oICx5cX01EAEGb5loiPRv
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's enough for me to go out and pick it up this weekend...
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    farming glitches is playing with fire, be prepared to have your bank account whiped or on the extreme end, get your account banned.

I wasn't doing the glitch, and I doubt rockstar would do anything like that. Playerbase is too large and they most likely don't track income.

But on the other hand theres a level 75 mission that pays $25k that you can beat in 30 seconds and replay
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats the mission?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frell wrote: »
    I wasn't doing the glitch, and I doubt rockstar would do anything like that. Playerbase is too large and they most likely don't track income.

I'm fairly certain Rockstar is tracking most stats (speaking from experience working on online games). The fact that they punish you for killing other players in free mode suggest they aren't afraid of harsh punishments especially when it threatens their cash shop economy.

For instance, Blizzard will ban WOW players for exploiting the in game ecomony and that's just fake gold and a customer that pays a monthly sub. Rockstar loses nothing by banning a cash exploiter.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 wrote: »
    whats the mission?
    not sure which one is the $25k one, theres a few that people are farming

Theres rumors going around that bans have started since the game is stable. I really hope so, they have stupid amounts of money. I forgot how easy it is to just flag accounts that bring in too much $$ in a short amount of time. I wish they'd just shave off the wealth at the $2m mark. That will remove alot of illegitimate money.

On the art side, how do you guys think rockstar does all these roads? Is there any info on this?
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you'd play rigorously since launch you could have a decent amount of cash right now, not doing any of the exploits.

Just checked my stats I made of 500k or something in the time that I have been playing, most of which was just goofing off, stealing jets and shit.

So if someone really wanted to make allot of money without exploiting any glitches.. They could.

As for art.. Your question is very general, for all we know they have multiple methods for mutliple types of roads.
    What I have noticed is that they use vertex colours for secularity, at least that is what it looked like in a T crossing somewhere in the desert.
    Looks like they make heavy use of vertex blending in this game. I also noticed "sudden breaks" in the materials (especially noticeable when mipmaps are changing).
    So from what I experienced its probably "mixing materials" using vertex colours for the stripes on the roads and stuff, and probably decals.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea I have $480k, but id have $700k or so if my character wasn't deleted

I thought maybe they used a strip of road, like a texture like

[ || ]

and sort of lazy brushed it on the map, and then went back to add details.

Doesn't vertex blending require a highish vertex count in order to have more details? Could you do lines with vertex blending? They seem too small
  • katana
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    races pay $6k a win and I've won 45, thats all I do for money
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More likely everyone is watching BOOBtube for the farming missions...

Don't worry Justin, I'm coming to that world for the cars....(and I want that fast bike too.)
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You don't say!
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenM wrote: »
    You don't say!
    I know right thats like the third time they've given everyone $500k
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoop a nice house and a Bugatti Veyron.. :P
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    as it would happen in real life :p
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just played a (non team) deathmatch, that was the stupidest thing ever...
    You spawn in front of enemies all the time, even the very first spawn i was gunned down in approx. 0.2 seconds. Players with the highest rank have the best guns and thus win the most. On top of that, it's all just about getting to high ground and spotting others first; get seen, you die. They should just remove DM altogether, TDM is way better compared.

I also played one of the "CTF" games (crooked cop). That was terrific, 16 players battling all across downtown, we had some epic chases and shootouts, ended up winning with a convoy of 6 cars racing down the highway, gunning down any vehicle that attempted to come close. It's amazing how fun the open GTA gameplay is for this kind of thing. Just too bad it's so hard to find a game with 14+ players...
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    I just played a (non team) deathmatch, that was the stupidest thing ever...
    Players with the highest rank have the best guns and thus win the most. On top of that, it's all just about getting to high ground and spotting others first; get seen, you die. They should just remove DM altogether, TDM is way better compared.

Yeah, sounds a lot like my experience with it. Wasn't really my cup of tea.

Also, good god be ready to mute people right off the bat.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah Deathmatches are rubbish, completely unbalanced.

Bounty Hunting though, is great fun
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    how can there not be a mute all option
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    There is a 'mute' in the quick select menu, "Chat" with a none option. It just doesn't work however. I played one race against some crew guys one of whom was blasting shitty gangsta rap through his mic, I guess it was their anthem. Yeah thanks.

A lot of stuff needs to default to off in GTAO really, the radio for example, the music selection for this release just isn't up to previous standards and a lot of it is outright dog shit.

Vote kicking needs to go immediately. Besides the various random kicking for no known reason I've been kicked a number of times for effectively `evading` bounties by just staying in the city and holding my ground in the construction sites, some places only have ladder access... you get a bad sport rating for that as an added bonus.

All whinging aside I'm having a great time :D

PS Rank up fast with races, preferably super car.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How do you exactly unlock LS Customs upgrades for your cars (like Turbo)? it says I need to win races in that class, 50+ for some of the best upgrades. That means I need to find races in that specific class (it's always super/sport) and finish 1st place to progress for these ? Sounds like an insane amount of work...
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul, just plug away at the races, use the Quick Job on your iFruit. The criteria appears fuzzy and maybe bugged. I've won 20 and lost 61 but have unlocked turbo and others. Could be that you are getting points for 2nd and 3rd. The most frustrating thing with racing is so few people want a clean race.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah ugh, I've had races where I'm in first for ages, only to have some jerk ram me off the road, resulting in me finishing 6th :(
    But did you unlock turbo for that class of cars only then? The description sounds like you need to win 50 times with sports, 50times with coupe's, etc... sounds horrid.
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reading around, some people claim that winning in super cars is effectively counting across all classes. I haven't checked in LSC with every class but I for sure have turbo for sports and muscle cars. It's like $40k a pop though, hah.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    I raced against a couple of guys in the same crew the other day. Was beating them quite soundly until last lap the guy in last decided to go backwards and took me out on the last corner letting his partner cross the line just in front of me. Annoying but you gotta give them a little credit

On the dirty racing I think there should be a mode which encourages clean racing. Currently it's too tempting and too beneficial to race dirty. Trouble is it's so hard to distinguish dirty tactics in an open world racer
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tell us the secret to the start line acceleration boost SHEP!

It's either consecutive revs on the 3..2..1 or accelerate exactly the right time or keeping the revs at a point for the go...

C'mon, don't hold out FRIEND :D
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    I think it's like your everyday mario kart or wipeout, where you hit the accelerate trigger as soon as GO appears.
    can just let the car idle until then
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    GTA Online is one of the best online experiences i've ever had. Since VCMP, SAMP and MTA mods i've been waiting for something like this: Missions, activities and freeroam There are a few things that could be better, missions payouts sometimes feel wrong, kids trolling on freeroam making you lose money... but the rest is awesome.

Here is a picture of me on a normal day:

AlAIKnu.jpg

Yeah, I hate dirty racing too. Be sure to disable catch up and maybe too slipstreaming if you're the host, it sucks when you've done a perfect clean start and you see the other cars catching you because they magically have more top speed :/

I play on PS3, if you want someone to hit missions with and play the rest of activities you can add me, same name on PSN. just write in the message where you are from. Right now I'm searching for someone to help me with the Attack the base mission, 25k payout!
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This game is perfect for arseholes. They've got minimal control methods for griefing in fact its encouraged and yet they have so many group team activities. The whole game contradicts itself I'm not sure many players will stick with it for long(not enough arseholes?).
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi wrote: »
    This game is perfect for arseholes. They've got minimal control methods for griefing in fact its encouraged and yet they have so many group team activities. The whole game contradicts itself I'm not sure many players will stick with it for long(not enough arseholes?).

well, they say they are going to give out rewards to good sports. A friend of a friend was doing missions with me and he kept complaining that his cars were all slow, he later found out it was punishment for having too many points in bad sport - they actually nerf your top speed.