Home General Discussion

Grand Theft Auto V

Replies

• Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    well, they say they are going to give out rewards to good sports. A friend of a friend was doing missions with me and he kept complaining that his cars were all slow, he later found out it was punishment for having too many points in bad sport - they actually nerf your top speed.

The trouble is they dont really explain the bad sport system . Some things get you bad sport whilst others dont so it makes no sense at all. All it will do is encourage players to stay away from one another and others to grief in more creative ways. And then whats the point of playing with others at all. The system wont work in my opinion. Its like they havent learned from other MMOs at all.

Also there's the death tax in a world where death is very easy.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Yeah the whole money per death thing kinda stops me from wanting to just mess around. Like I had saved up 235,000 for the apartment and since then I just did race after race and once I went back to a low figure I messed around again and it was fun. Now I'm earning money again and I feel like I can't do it anymore.

It'd be better if it just deducted from what you're holding, not your bank money. Isn't that the point? To protect it? And heck remove mobile method of ATM and then it becomes much more hectic as players try to steal your moneys.

Otherwise it's ok, could be better. Mute for one thing...Just let me go over a name and hit mute. It's like these guys didn't do their research.

Out of curiosity is there a Polycount gang?

Here's two pics I took last night. Decided to celebrate my new apartment with a cowboy hat which made me laugh cause I raced against some old ladies and they said it was cute ;P

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg
  • firestarter
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    You can mute by name, unless you mean you want an easier way to do it, then I agree.. It's a pain in the ass. You can also hold Select and mute everyone that isn't your friend or in your crew.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Sweet, I sent an invite to join. I take it, it replaces my old gang which I joined back in the Max Payne years.

Neat now I can race with greentooth all over me :D
  • Kilkus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kilkus polycounter lvl 15
    I'll probably give the multiplayer a go over the next few days, needed a break from the GTA madness!

I've requested a invite for the polycount crew and my PSN is:Commander_Rimsy if anyone wants to add me.

Stu
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Where's Jesse?
    0_0.jpg
    0_0.jpg

Lol this is the best I could do :P
  • azarkiowa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    azarkiowa polycounter lvl 8
    Requested an invite :)
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    I stopped playing GTAO...

playing Pok
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    bored with gtao until heists come out
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    A lot of stuff needs to default to off in GTAO really, the radio for example, the music selection for this release just isn't up to previous standards and a lot of it is outright dog shit.

:P I thought the music selection was pretty amazing.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    frell wrote: »
    bored with gtao until heists come out

this.

by the time they come out though, my ps4 will be here and i won't care haha.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    you mean there are no heists yet? i thought you needed an apt to plan those online?
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    :P I thought the music selection was pretty amazing.

Ahh, just goes to show... It has occurred to me that I'm past the age where by my opinion on the matter is no longer relevant.

But what I miss about the tracks of previous GTA's, is that even though you didn't like say Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone, there was an undercurrent of humour to it's selection. Rose tinted glasses perhaps.

Heists are coming later in dlc glottis.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you don't find the humor in including Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time"? It always makes me chuckle. And Johnny Cash's "General Lee"!? I always have to find a sweet jump when that comes on!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwCqV00Rck&noredirect=1"]Johnny Cash - The General Lee (GTA V Soundtracks) - YouTube[/ame]
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh, just goes to show... It has occurred to me that I'm past the age where by my opinion on the matter is no longer relevant.

But what I miss about the tracks of previous GTA's, is that even though you didn't like say Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone, there was an undercurrent of humour to it's selection. Rose tinted glasses perhaps.

Heists are coming later in dlc glottis.

really? that sucks... this will be payed DLC? or free? is there a date?
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    I thought the heists were part of the original product and not some after add-on.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    Yay just scored a world record.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    When is the Content Creator coming out? Haven't seen anything about it lately... I thought it would launch with GTA: Online but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    " Currently Planned GTA Online Content Updates:
    Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game. We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!

The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.

The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.

Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.

Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free. We’ll have more info on this and much more additional content as our plans develop through the launch period, and as we get feedback from you. Please stay tuned for further info and updates. And remember – we need your help to make this experience all it can be.

Thank you everyone,
    Rockstar Games"

From the bottom of this post: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

Justin, definitely that's what I'm talking about, it just seems very sparse but perhaps that it's diluted across a broader spectrum.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The GTAV original score is actually my favorite, I wish I could just pick that as my station: spotify link

I notice it plays in online sometimes when I have the radio turned off.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    http://playertheory.com/review/gta-online

Makes some very good points, i decided to just leave it for some time. For every hour I put into it, there's so much time spent waiting and wasted. I can count the really great moments on one hand I think, I just wish there was much more of that and that they were more consistent.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Xoliul : yeah, every loading screen or lobby spoils the experience. Personally I made the choice of not worrying at all about money or multiplayer "jobs", simply enjoying emergent gameplay instead. I find it much more rewarding that way - all I really wish for would be a better, faster way to input text messages to reach other players.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    It doesn't support VOIP?
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Actually - just plugged in an old USB keyboard, works just fine ! Cool ...
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    0_0.jpg

Haha aw yeah! Now I'm rolling in cool'ness! I had to laugh yesterday. I was on a public server and noticed a load of people in Trevor's Airfield flying around so I parked nearby and got out my sniper rifle which I had just upgraded and started shooting at them. For a while I was missing by inches and I wondered if it was even reaching them. I also started to worry if they were noticing these random bullets hitting them.

Then just as I give up nearly I fire one last shot and BAM the red mark appears, a body falls out of the helicopter, I hear a "WHAT" on the mic and the whole thing explodes on the airfield narrowly missing the guy in the plane. If it had hit him I'd have cried for not recording it XD

But it put me in the mood for some bounty hunting. I chose a red blip and followed it and kept my distance using my sniper for scouting and I couldn't work out where he was. I was looking for a car but it wasn't until later when I got ahead of him that I realised he was camping on a moving train. Suffice to say I failed miserably with this one. Everytime I caught up I'd crash on some small object. I started working out a way to get above him and snipe from afar but I got a bounty put on me by some NPC's whose car I stole lol. Suddenly all the white blips chasing Mr Train were heading towards me.

*Flicks up Phone*

*Runs*
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Hehe cool :)

Also, for some reason the fourth quadrant of the character selection wheel only started to show properly for me yesterday - after accessing online through it once, instead of going online through the regular pause menu.

photo2_zps4389d467.png~original

Cool stuff - just a bit of a shame that it didn't show up earlier ! It's a simple, tiny detail but it really makes the experience feel much more unified ...
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Grrr.... I've encountered a bug that has stopped me from progressing where I can only control Franklin....

May have to nearly start again as the save games I have are from quite early on... DOH! Really enjoying it though, just been faffing about, customizing cars and generally checking out the ambient missions/random encounters :)

Started playing GTA: Online after being put off by all the lag and issues with actually starting/joining a game.

I agree about the character generator, it's too fiddly to get it looking good, those grand parent photos are way too small (I am sat on a bed about 7ft away from a 28" screen) and so that makes life a bitch to select what I want.

Had my first proper session and I can see a lot of promise in the game, but I do think that R* will need to be on their toes with balancing and tweaking before it's the definitive version.

Also I discovered that one of the few assets I made for GTA IV made it in to V... the weird art movie that gets played at the cinema has an angel statue with a trident on it... I made that! :P Was one of my first models for the game, had also made a horse but I don't think it got used...
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was this after the new patch just released?
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    man that's a shame. It's too bad this game continues to be plagued with problems...I hope they get it worked out soon.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    I love this game.

gta006_zpsfec1a620.jpg~original

gta001_zpsb3cee0ea.jpg~original

gta002_zpsa3a3073f.jpg~original

gta003_zps1ae603ec.jpg~original

:D
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice screen grabs... how did you take those?
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Iphone camera, taking pictures of my screen - which is a Dell 24 inch computer display, using an HDMI to DVI plug adapter. Previous ones where taken with the game running on a projector, and while I like the lighting on it (and the size !) the pictures were a bit too grainy :)

Also this is the PS3 version, which is said to have sharper textures up close compared to the 360.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    those are nice... its too bad the screen grab from the phone in game doesn't take crisp 720 res imgs... i have the ps3 version as well, and it looks nice. no complains... i get a lot of popping online tho. do you get that as well?
  • Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    New patch just rolled out that's supposed to solve cars disappearing, a little too late for Nerf Bat's Carbinizzare though I think.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51603/new-gta-online-title-update.html
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Long story short, I just lost $195,000 + whatever some upgrades cost me. And thusly, my GTA career of crime comes to a close. Whomp whomp.

will the $500,000 stimulus package draw you back?
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Glottis : So far the only poppings I've had were related to other player's deaths - temporarily wiping out cars that I supposed were "theirs" streaming wise. Besides that, all smooth.
  • BigErn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigErn polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like much fun to rip shit up in the name of polycount, requested an invite!
  • Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    Finally got a picture of my online character.

0_0.jpg

Officer...
  • striber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    striber polycounter lvl 5
    Could this have been inspiration for the character Trevor? He is also in Waking life, as an angry man in jail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9b3tQU5IA
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Just finished the game. Was awesome but i'm pretty disappointed about the customisation, and by Franklin who kinda has no charisma whatssoever. Trevor is amazing though. Best character of GTA ever !
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    anyone know the secret to swapping out cars in an already full garage? everytime i bring a car to the garage i have to get out, enter the garage get in a car to take out and by time it loads again the car i wanted to store is gone :(

not talking about online, never tried online yet... now iv started to only store 3 cars and leave the 4th spot empty to allow me to swap out rides which is annoying :(
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's Rhinokey (black jacket) and me (red jacket) representing the Buffoon Platoon
    buffoonplatoon01.jpg
    buffoonplatoon02.jpg
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I had a blast over the last few games that I played. Storming a beach rendezvous by racing up to the enemies taking cover behind their vehicles and dropping a hand grenade out of the window. Calling in air support to give us a chopper dust off.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol... i got sent to the bad sport group... i tend to use sticky grenades to hunt bounties down... so everytime i blew up a car it would tag me as a bad sport. Which sucks... any bounty should be ok.... anyways... i had a 2 day period ONLY playing with bad sports... but this time has been one of the most fun i've had. People there are nuts. Had 4 people duking it out in tanks in the free roam... people hunting more people down, and just crazy. Most of them were also pretty high level. +50... i'm like 25 haha

Still... the game is still captivating, and a lot of fun. The free roam needs more events.

Also... got into a mission where i had to go in with 3 other guys into fort zancudo.. blowup some jets... i died twice LOL... the other 3 guys finished the mission and i got 25k out of the job, while the other 3 only got 12.5K... whats up with that? haha

i hope they add the heists soon... i am saving for a new car, since i do a lot of racing... should prbly come first than getting an apt.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Also... got into a mission where i had to go in with 3 other guys into fort zancudo.. blowup some jets... i died twice LOL... the other 3 guys finished the mission and i got 25k out of the job, while the other 3 only got 12.5K... whats up with that? haha

i think if you play with people of much higher rank you get a bigger share...dont quote me though
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    glottis8 wrote: »

If you replay a mission you'll only get 50% money the second time, 75% the third time and so on..

Here's my character. Not the brightest image though :D

0_0.jpg