Home General Discussion

Grand Theft Auto V

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Whalgren, can't find you on the social club. link to yo profile man.
  • osman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    wtf, you guys can get in?!I keep getting timed-out :(
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Sent request as "Gheromo"
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    All invites replied to so just accept and you guys are in.

I made a greentooth logo but for some reason its not showing up.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    yeah just got my invite in game.

Not sure about the logo, when did you make it?

I am going to guess it takes a few hours/days for it to show up properly.

Edit--

Btw you can set the BG color to transparent. I assume that'll look a bit better once we get it working. =]
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Set all bgs to transparent.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    social club crew search appears to be broken. If you know the crew you want to find put in this URL "http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/<insert name here>"

I broke down and picked it up last night, online was fun, I only had some slight wockyness during the intro and after the first race. People seemed fairly cool, finishing missions and sharing money - I was initially operating on DayZ levels of paranoia.

I am super bummed that I can't wear my red Chelsea boots with skinny jeans, this must be fixed!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Whalgren, can't find you on the social club. link to yo profile man.

That's because i'm stupid. I wrote my PSN name. :/
    NotoriousPIG is my rockstar name. Haven't logged into GTAV with it yet though and the tv is being crowded :(

EDIT: What witchcraft is this. Apparently I've used rockstar social club on my PS3 before so it remembered my account.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Sent Invite name : ThunderMcGruff

Got my console and stuff out of storage today...damn you all...:)
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    requested membership

name: Sciolist
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you be a member of multiple crews? If so, I'm JammyJustice
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Can you be a member of multiple crews? If so, I'm JammyJustice

can be in 5 crews! can only set one as "active" tho
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just stole a jet in online... was fun till I crashed.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Why the hell can I still not load the first fucking tutorial race???
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    bb0x wrote: »
    Just stole a jet in online... was fun till I crashed.

how? the airforce base was closed when i tried to go there.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15

..Because he stole the jet, doh!.... ;)
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    Im on PS3: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/firestarter007

Can see some of the missions are a bit difficult solo =]
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why the hell can I still not load the first fucking tutorial race???

Copy/paste from Rockstar and Lazygamer.net

Issues getting past the first Tutorial Race

10/2/13 Note: Some players have reported being able to get into the Tutorial race by re-downloading the Title Update, which can be deleted from Xbox Home or the PS3 XMB (Game Data Utility, NOT save data). Others reported having luck by selecting "Swap Character" from the Online tab within the pause menu, deleting the character that was unable to get into the tutorial, and then creating a new character. Going into GTAO in Solo mode may also help to allow completion of the tutorial. Some who were experience this issue have been able to get in just by trying again later.

Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
    Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
    Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
    Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race

or;

On PS3: Navigate to “Game Data Utility” from the game menu. Select “Grand Theft Auto V” (not ”Grand Theft Auto V Install”). Press Triangle and select “Delete.”
    On Xbox 360: Select “Settings” from the Home menu. Select “Storage” and then “Hard Drive.” Press Y and select “Delete System Cache.” This will delete the game update, but bear in mind it will also delete updates for other games.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Yeah, you can actually jump/launch, with a car, in there via the mountains.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah lol..

With that method, is there a vehicle you can access quickly, so you can drive/get away inside of the base?

Or do you go MGS on their asses and be super stealthy?

Also a tiny tip when stealing the jet. I found that the best way to get away with one is to make a half loop as fast as possible (Basically I lift of with the left thumbstick tilted all the way back) and do a barrel roll to level out. Found that most of the case this is the fastest way to get out of the base. There will be helicopters chasing you, just fly straight up vertically. You'll be outside of their range/vision pretty quickly and just fly away till you lose the stars.

Using this method, I don't remember any other jets chasing me. When I tried doing a normal lift off I always had another jet or a tank shoot me out of the sky.
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Just did the latest update on PS3.. and go try to play online and lost my character :(

Luckily I was only a few hours in, so didn't lose much.

I'm just going to continue to play single player for a few weeks until the servers are all sorted.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    launch is a disaster so far, way worse than I thought itd be

Apartments not saving, characters getting deleted, money vanishing. Rockstar needs to warn about all of this before people waste time on it
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Rockstar will get it together. Like VPrime, I think I'll pick it up just to play single player through to get used to everything.

With the money they made in the first 24 hours, Rockstar has the resources to get it right quicker, rather than later.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    frell wrote: »
    Rockstar has a karma system in place, the more you kill other players/blow up their vehicles, you'll start to only be put in matches with players who do the same thing.

It slowly separates good/bad sports.

Sorry my ignorance here, i haven't played this game because i don't own a console. But blowing up vehicules and robbing people around isn't what your supposed to do in this game in the first place ? what else is there to do in mp ?
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you can do coop missions, racing, deathmatches, team deathmatch, parachuting and probably allot more when you rank up.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ wrote: »
    Sorry my ignorance here, i haven't played this game because i don't own a console. But blowing up vehicules and robbing people around isn't what your supposed to do in this game in the first place ? what else is there to do in mp ?
    You can, you aren't ever actually punished. It just puts you with players who play dirty also
  • JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    peanut™ wrote: »

Lots of other activities, but specifically you're only punished if you destroy a car that another player owns, as it costs them (a little) time and money to replace. Killing other players randomly is almost slightly encouraged as it's a good way to earn in-game money.

Online is actually insanely deep, essentially a mini-MMO. They fit two entire games into this game; the Online by itself, without issues, is easily worth the cost of the game. Sucks that a lot of people are having issues though, hopefully it gets sorted soon.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Finally able to catch up with it - man, what a game ! Driving in first person view while somehow respecting traffic speed and road rules really is quite eery.

Something I am curious about : is anyone playing the game with the Smoothmotion (or similar) option of their TV turned on ? I don't have this available on my setup, but I am wondering if this would help with the framerate being so low...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Playing dirty - you also get marked as this if you start quitting games before you complete them, like quitting a race because you are in last place.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    wait you guys can actually get into the online game?! wow!.. must be amazing!
  • tomaszt90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So the online version is yet available?!
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I'm hooked up to the TV...it had been so long since I used it, I couldn't remember how to turn the damn thing on...sad...
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    requested membership as MINDMEAT
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    tried to join the polycount crew as Xoliul, don't know if i've been accepted?

Tried some online, some stuff I don't like:

-Way too much loading. Join/host a mission : 25 second load. Nobody shows up after a minute, quit: another 25-30s loading. Repeat this many times and it feels like i'm wasting a lot of time.
    -I hate how auto-balance can be turned off for a deathmatch by the host. I had a series of 3 attempts were everybody would just move over to the initially bigger team, and then just sit and wait with the match being unable to start due to 0 vs 5... Such bullshit.
    -ATMs are so random and hard to find!
    -I don't get why there's such a split between the generic races/deathmatches on the map (that teleport you there) and the ones I receive from lamar/simeon. I prefer the latter (since i can do them alone or at least cooperate with others instead of vs), yet I have to just wait for them to get sent to me.
    -All the characters you create look super-generic, just random generic slim white/black guy, nothing unique to set them apart...
  • DanConroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanConroy polycounter lvl 18
    Xoliul wrote: »
    tried to join the polycount crew as Xoliul, don't know if i've been accepted?

Tried some online, some stuff I don't like:

-Way too much loading. Join/host a mission : 25 second load. Nobody shows up after a minute, quit: another 25-30s loading. Repeat this many times and it feels like i'm wasting a lot of time.
    -I hate how auto-balance can be turned off for a deathmatch by the host. I had a series of 3 attempts were everybody would just move over to the initially bigger team, and then just sit and wait with the match being unable to start due to 0 vs 5... Such bullshit.
    -ATMs are so random and hard to find!
    -I don't get why there's such a split between the generic races/deathmatches on the map (that teleport you there) and the ones I receive from lamar/simeon. I prefer the latter (since i can do them alone or at least cooperate with others instead of vs), yet I have to just wait for them to get sent to me.
    -All the characters you create look super-generic, just random generic slim white/black guy, nothing unique to set them apart...

I haven't used an ATM online yet, just throw my money in using the internet on my phone.

Has anyones characters been deleted yet? mine was last night =/ I had to start over.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    I've had three characters deleted I cant really be bothered with it now. The whole thing is a mess, the loading times the thrown together gameplay, the contradictions.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Yea... GTAO is a mess right now. All the dissapearing UI, lack of clarity on it as well, then the frustrating loading times to get timed out is a huge let down.

BUT! when i actually got to play around, and stick with a few people doing missions and survive waves i was having a blast.

Also... played with my brother for like 3 hrs and laughed my ass off. Some of those missions are crazy hard, but a lot of fun.

I hope they fix all of these loading issues, and getting stuck on loading times and crashes. There are too many, and too frequent to get a good experience out of it.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Every game Ive been in, people just kill me constantly in free roam mode. its freakin annoying....

I`m going to just start playing private games. F the open games
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    yea... i don't stay on freeroam unless i am playing with people i know.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've lost 2 characters. First one I hadn't invested too much but my second had a garage , two cars with a lot of time invested leveling up driving. I haven't lost any money so I'm not going to spend it until it's fixed, if my character gets whiped again I'll still have his money.

Last night I went on a robbing spree with Rhinokio, pretty fun!
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    Every game Ive been in, people just kill me constantly in free roam mode. its freakin annoying....

I`m going to just start playing private games. F the open games
    Apparently the hospital bills from dying in free roam are a glitch, it should be 5% of your wallet not 5% of your bank ($2k max)

Once thats fixed ill happily die, but until then im in private match
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I read that the characters getting deleten is an issue with the cloud servers.
    Since your character actually gets saved on the cloud servers, it would be best, to avoid losing your character, to wait it out.

At least.. if I remember correctly
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I also heard that when there is an error talking about GTA cloud servers, just wait about 10 minutes and try again later. Some people report that choosing "Retry" even deletes their character.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    I am still having a hard time believing my eyes sometimes ... Thinking that a mere PS3 can output this kind of graphics on such a scale is nothing short of mindblowing !!

gtav_001_zpsa8c25635.jpg~original
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What are the little icons in the lower left of the pic?

Certainly looks ALOT better than GTA 4 which I'm trying to play through now...
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    I got in and had a play at the weekend for a couple of hours. It was great fun. Just turning over small shops with my brother was such a great laugh - no idea why it was so much more satisfying than SP for me, but it felt great.

Cannot wait to see how it matures and develops. I wish there were more small shops to rob and more various crimes to do - stealing cars, kidnapping, assassination, enforcing, protection rackets, fraud, arson - all kinds of things. :D
  • Bruno Afonseca
    pior wrote: »
    I am still having a hard time believing my eyes sometimes ... Thinking that a mere PS3 can output this kind of graphics on such a scale is nothing short of mindblowing !!

My thoughts exactly :) Had to borrow a PS3 to check it out, and all I've been doing is running around the environment trying to dissect how they pulled it off.
    And it's quite surprising that scrutinizing it there's plenty of small odd things, but it's incredibly balanced and the big picture looks great! Lighting is really good and there's a lot of small tricks everywhere to help ground everything, nothing feels out of place :) They did a great job there
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Katana : That is the minimap set to "blips only" mode. There are 3 options to choose from : Regular, off, and blips. I find blips mode to be the most satisfying option by far : it allows for a great sense of immersion, yet still shows all the relevant information. It also displays the GPS routes - just not the actual city blocks.
  • Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    If you request an invite just drop your name here and I'll be sure to approve it asap.

Look forward to seeing your fellas online!

Just requested to join the crew. Same name online as I have here.

I'm in the same boat as most of you. Two of my friends lost their characters including a level 20 recently. I'm just going to sit on my money until I can be sure my data will be safe. I'm having plenty of fun running over my friends anyways.

Also, anyone know if you can own more than one property? I'm hearing you can only have one total either a garage or an apartment.