Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it went off, it just jumped them out of there at the same time. It's the reason that we saw the island underwater within the first 5 minutes of the episode: the bomb went off, thus preventing a bunch of stuff happening (like desmond forgetting to hit the button which brought down the plane), and created an alternate timeline where the plane never went down in the process

It's still possible it happened, but again, if it went off and split timelines, you would think Juliet would have been toast. I could understand the other losties being protected, because they were above ground.
    Then when they came back to current time (on the island), the hatch still existed, which means the bomb didn't work, they still cemented over the magnetic core, and it still imploded when Desmond turned the key.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    notman wrote: »
    It's still possible it happened, but again, if it went off and split timelines, you would think Juliet would have been toast. I could understand the other losties being protected, because they were above ground.
    Then when they came back to current time (on the island), the hatch still existed, which means the bomb didn't work, they still cemented over the magnetic core, and it still imploded when Desmond turned the key.

yes, exactly. they all came back to THEIR time. all of that happened (whatever happened, happened), and they're simply course corrected, timewise.

however, when the explosion went off it created an alternate 1977 (or whatever year it was). this alternate reality that was created by the explosion is the one the plane does NOT crash in (for there's nothing to bring it down this time), hence the panning into the ocean to show the destroyed island or whatever you want to call it.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    But that would mean an atomic bomb could sink an ISLAND under a few hundred feet of water... I don't buy that...?

*mind fuck*
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What was with the cut on alternate time line Jacks neck when he went into the bathroom on the plane?
  • A-Train
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-Train polycounter lvl 15
    I stopped watching after season 2 was aired
    really wish I didn't as now I don't seem to be able to grasp this show at all and rewatching those seasons is a trial : (

Anyone got a for-idiots recap summary knocking around?
    It looks really cool now as well.

Did that egyptian stuff EVER get explained? why was the counter in egyptian sometimes?

Just catch up by watching season 3 to present. That's the point of it. Having someone trying to explain LOST to you in a summary is ridiculous (as it's so complex). If you do watch it, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I think it's some of the best television out there, the writing is fantastic, and it's highly entertaining. Enjoy.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig wrote: »
    What was with the cut on alternate time line Jacks neck when he went into the bathroom on the plane?

I sensed that it was one of those things where, you see it now, but it gets explained waaay later.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh yea we'll have to wait and see I guess =)
    Josh_Singh wrote: »
    I like Evil Lock Because He's the way I wanted Good Locke to be. My Wife had a cool idea, that since Evil Smoke Guy took over Locke's Body/Consciousness whatever, if Jacob takes over Sayid.
    I'm not to sure that always happens. Ben was rescued the same way and is operating under his own free will and really doesn't have a clue as to whats going on.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    A-Train wrote: »
    Just catch up by watching season 3 to present. That's the point of it. Having someone trying to explain LOST to you in a summary is ridiculous (as it's so complex). If you do watch it, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I think it's some of the best television out there, the writing is fantastic, and it's highly entertaining. Enjoy.

recap : http://www.hulu.com/watch/125506/lost-final-chapter#s-p1-so-i0
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    A few timeline tid-bits:

-Jack, Hugo, Kate, Jin, Sayid and the others at the Temple are in and at the same time thread as Sun, Frank, Richard, and Evil locke - ~Dec of 2007 (Flight 815 crashes in Sept. of 2004 + 3 months on the island before rescue + 3 years off the island before returning. Sun, Frank, Richard, and Evil locke all witness the flare shot into the sky by those at the Temple which places them in the same thread).

-Alternate Jack, Desmond, Hurley etc on the plane are on the original flight from Sydney, Sept of 2004. (Pilot Seth Norris introduces himeself over the intercom mid flight, the same guy we see in the very first episodes of season 1 that tells us no one knows where to start searching for 815 because they went off course). Note to that Bernard was in the bathroom as the turbulence began - because had the plane crashed then, that would have explained how him and Rose were separated.

Other stuff -

The sunken island - we see the Darhma houses so we know which island is, and I'm willing to bet it's a quick visual explanation for the 'new' timeline added - everyone on the plane about to land at LAX safely.

The Ankh - we keep seeing this symbol which is the 'Key of Life'. The statue directly above Jacobs beach side home was holding it and Hurley has now brought one (thanks to Jacob) in a guitar case to the temple. We've seen it a third time however, but I'm not sure what it means if any. In the Season 5 episode, "LeFleur", Sawyer, Juliette and Miles come across Paul and his wife Amy. Paul has been shot by the others and just before they beging to haul his body back to the Dharma camp Amy breaks off his necklace (an Ankh). Richard would later take Paul's body after Horace convinces Amy it would keep them all safe. Seems odd to me that they would kill him for trespassing and further more take his body. But it could all be nothing.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Was the water not clear because Jacob was killed? If so...that raises questions about whether or not Sayid is actually possesed by him...but I like that theory anyhow...

Should Locke be on the plane in the first place? Shouldn't he be dead? I guess not, Jacob could still have revived him, I just found it interesting.

And why did Kate not take the keys to the cuffs? lol...

Good episode though, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • system404
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    system404 polycounter lvl 17
    Love the season premiere. My only two cents is that to me it felt like the episode played the same way as the oceanic 6 survivor episodes, where you see them in the island (past) but at the same time you see them outside the island (future) it's not until the end where you see how they pulled it off. I know the bomb going off can explain the island being underwater but two alternate stories seems a bit messy storywise. I think we still haven't really seen how they end up correcting everything or maybe it needs to be repeated in the 2007 timeline.
    One thing is how they play with the idea of destiny. Jack and Desmond meeting again for a second time, the agent with Kate gets hit in the same spot on the head in both the first timeline(suitcase falls on head) and the "new" timeline (Kate slams his head on the bathroom sink area.)
    Kinda sad though that they might fix everything to never be on the island and all that character growth goes out the window(Charlie, Sawyer, Lock, etc.)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    what if the island 'went' underwater when we all saw it disappear a couple seasons ago. time travel sucks
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was actually thinking about the fact that Jacob may be possesing Sayid...I don't know now...if Jacks dad's manifestation was the black smoke guy, and claire too, because their appearances seem more sinister somehow, also, if you think about it, Locke 2 is different because he's a manifestation, the black smoke guy isn't actually possesing his actual body.

My head hurts.

Also, I think that cut on Jacks neck is most likely from an injection...
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Jacob: Appears to people by possessing dead bodies. He can also teleport.

For some reason, Hurley can see him, just as he sees all the other dead people. Charlie, Ana Lucia. I don't think he's actually crazy.

Nemesis: Is a shapeshifter. He can appear as anyone he wants, his true form is the 'smoke monster'. Unfortunately no teleportation powers.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apart from Sayid (which is just speculation) has he ever possesed another dead body? Apart from maybe Jacks dad, who could easily be the black smoke guy, despite the fact Jacks dads body dissapeared.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    We know that Christian is Jacob. When we first saw his silhouette in the cabin, it was Christian.. Also, Jacob appeared to Locke as Christian when he turned the wheel.

from lostpedia:
    A figure appearing to be the Christian Shephard has been observed on several occasions in Jacob's cabin. In "The Beginning of the End" Hurley discovered Christian at the cabin along with another unidentified individual. Later on returning to the cabin in "Cabin Fever", Locke also encountered Christian who told him his task was to move the island. On this occasion Christian claimed that he could speak on Jacob's behalf.

I'm pretty sure Christian is Jacob. The "speak on his behalf" is just a short answer so he wouldnt have to explain everything.

I also speculate that the polar bear (white) we saw in the beginning was Jacob as well. He was trying to scare the survivors from going into the jungle, where they would surely be killed by the nemesis (smoke monster)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rather than one of the polar bears that escaped from the cages? Or was he possesing one?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    finally caught this last night, so good!

I love what they're doing so far, really cool stuff. I almost feel like the "LOST" title fits into the greater themes of the show per series, similar to how the Wire covered Gangs, Docks, Politics, Schools, News, LOST seems to cover Home (life plan/destination), Society (planewreckees, Others), Theology, Time, and now Dimensions.

My favorite quote was when Black-Locke was recanting Locke's thoughts before Ben killed him, and said "...Locke was the only one who realized how pitiful his life was before coming here." The acceptance and self-loathing/regret of your pitiful life could tie to maybe other cultures/theologies ideas of "Underworld," with mr.Man in Black being that controller. On the flipside Jacob acts more about hope and progression looks to what could be (non-locke surviors).

Its fun to think back at who all the "smoke monster" killed, and for what - each time it attacked i wonder if it felt threatened by the characters, or if it was its way of judging them similar to how Ben wad judged in season 5.

Mr. Samurai man knocked the shit out of Jack, that made me happy.
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beartraps polycounter lvl 8
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I dig the bad ass temple kung fu leader though.

Thats the captain from Sunshine, I knew I recognized him from somewhere.
  • ndichiaro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really enjoyed the season premiere. It gave me the similar feeling I used to have when I with the first 4 seasons. (every commercial Id have to text someone going WTF is going on!) :)

I think the Island has always been underwater, thats why its so hard to find. and when you have the right bearing some how you get to it. a parallel universe type deal. (kinda similar to in pirates when they escape sparrow from the locker, but obviously some what different)

As far s Sayid coming back, I believe that it is Jacob possessing his body, similar to how locke is not locke.

I really like how they tied in the "What if the plane didnt crash" I wish the writers would have know what they were doing ahead of time so they woulda fit Walt and Mike in that scene.

looking forward to more ; ]
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, it would have been interesting if they had reused some video from the first episodes, where they were in the plane. They didn't need them to do something. Besides, Walt would have been a child still during that timeline, so that older footage would have fit better.

I don't think the island was always under water, unless it goes back to them actually being dead this whole time.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    my opinion of lost

its like runnin a race an it starts off all nice and things are goin good,, but the path starts gettin rocky then muddy then covered in dog turnds, every once in a while theres a nice clean stretch of road but only for a short while,, but you keep going cause hey, youve already ran thru 5 seasons and this is the last one an you want to see how it ends!

was the cabby on the last episode that kate took by gunpoint the same guy that played the puppet master guy on heroes? if so YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!

prety much nothing
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, yeah, it's the same guy. I think there was another similar cameo, but I can't remember at the moment.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, it would have been interesting if they had reused some video from the first episodes, where they were in the plane. They didn't need them to do something.

Actually no, there were some new conversation lines in there (featuring the black chicks husband, among others), so that's most likely why they had to reshoot.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    its like runnin a race an it starts off all nice and things are goin good,, but the path starts gettin rocky then muddy then covered in dog turnds, every once in a while theres a nice clean stretch of road but only for a short while,, but you keep going cause hey, youve already ran thru 5 seasons and this is the last one an you want to see how it ends!
    There are two types of Lost fans:
    1) People who watch it because it's good cinema.
    2) People who watch it because it's good gossip.

It's not a marathon for the #1's :)

Latest theory:
    Jacob = angel. Smokey = fallen angel. Island = purgatory.

The twist from the old purgatory theory is that it's not purgatory for the Losties. It's Smokey's purgatory. Smokey wants to go home (either heaven or hell) and Jacob is forced to remain there and prevent that. Jacob, being angelic, doesn't really mind, but Smokey does not enjoy the company.

In pretty much any mythology that has a heaven and hell, the two are initially connected. Jacob refers to Smokey as an "old friend". Smokey falls from heaven (for believing that humans are inherently evil?) and is punished by being restrained to the Island. If he gets out of his purgatory, he can cause a lot of trouble what with the whole magic powers thing.

This is my theory.

...until next week!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    acc wrote: »
    There are two types of Lost fans:
    1) People who watch it because it's good cinema.
    2) People who watch it because it's good gossip.

It's not a marathon for the #1's :)

you must be wrong about the 2 types,, cause i find it to be "moderately decent cinema" worth watching when i'm doin art stuff on the pc. seasons 1 and 2 were great,, but everything after that has been hit or miss with a bit of favortism on miss.

and as far as gossip,, i don't think i've discusses the show in any kind of depth to anyone ever,, on forums or in real life.

i fall under the third type of person. someone who got hooked in the first couple seasons and just kinda trudge on to see if they ever actualy explain anything in a way that makes sense.

it feels so much like they are just making stuff up episode by episode and now as its winding down they are going apenuts trying to wrap things up.

its still more entertaining than the majority of tv programs, but i don't know if thats a glowing compliment.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I gotta agree with mojokey, the first few seasons where great got me hooked. Probably because I jumped on lost 2 seasons in and devoured the DVD's. After that they are good but it seems like the farther they get the more "previously on lost" they do to keep people current. If you're lost on lost go look it up, don't waste valuable episode time recapping every damn week.

At this point I just can't walk away I need to have questions answered and see it through. It's still awesome to watch, don't get me wrong I'm in no way hating on lost. But ever since I caught up its been pretty painful waiting week to week and the long dry period between seasons.

I missed the first few min of the season opener, or I think I did, but I hope they've dialed the recapping back a few notches, especially when the last season recap was just before it...
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, anyone notice the 'flashback/forwards/sideways' sound has changed significantly? Did the sound change when the flashbacks went to flashforwards?
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Its been so long since I watched the last episode from season 5 that I was like "Yo, whats Rita's ex husband from Dexter doing in Lost?" :)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually no, there were some new conversation lines in there (featuring the black chicks husband, among others), so that's most likely why they had to reshoot.

That's just it though, they didn't HAVE to make them speak. Just show them on the plane at some point. Then it just helps account for everyone ;)
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    I noticed his hair was longer in the second one. :D

The problem with continuity is actors getting older or in some cases being fired or leaving, and having to rebuild sets from 6 years ago in the event they didn't store them etc.

They did a pretty good job, if you didn't compare side by side you'd probably not remember Jack had a buzz-cut the first time round, and these things are something for people to ponder on, whether they are accidental or have some significance within the story.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie wrote: »
    Its been so long since I watched the last episode from season 5 that I was like "Yo, whats Rita's ex husband from Dexter doing in Lost?" :)

lol I was exactly the same :D
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    you must be wrong about the 2 types,, cause i find it to be "moderately decent cinema" worth watching when i'm doin art stuff on the pc. seasons 1 and 2 were great,, but everything after that has been hit or miss with a bit of favortism on miss.
    Sorry, I forgot the third fan category:
    3) People who aren't actually fans but continue to gossip about how not great the thing they are not a fan of is.
    it feels so much like they are just making stuff up episode by episode and now as its winding down they are going apenuts trying to wrap things up.
    Despite that they're leading to the same ending they planned from the very first episode? Hey man you can feel what you want, but feelings don't necessarily make sense. I never worried about whether or not it was going anywhere and the middle seasons never bothered me at all. Last few seasons have been crazy edge of your seat stuff with tons of twists and answers and new questions and character development and all sorts of great storytelling.

It never ceazes to amaze me how determined everyone is to sabotage their own enjoyment of everything. Oh no, you don't know the ending? Oh I guess you'll have to watch the show then (dramatic sigh). Man why can't they just answer everything before it's over!? That would make for an awesome last season, with nothing left to do.

I will 100% agree that being better than most TV is not inherently a glowing compliment, though.
  • KING-TAHARKA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cant wait to know what the statue is all about.

3D-LOST-STATUE-LOWPOLY-MODEL-FOUR-T.jpg

:D
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beartraps polycounter lvl 8
    lol, yeah, it's the same guy. I think there was another similar cameo, but I can't remember at the moment.

Oh yea! and the kung fu guys right hand man, thats Dustin, Kenny Powers' brother from Eastbound and Down!

0000054945_20090210120950.jpg
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did anyone else feel this episode was a big 'bleh' kind of episode? WTF is with these people trying to kill Sayid and spending half the show over that stupid-ass pill? Then the other half of the episode showing Kate and Claire still making their 'alternate reality' connection still happen. I really was hoping this season would just focus on answering questions and no more filler shit.

The only good part, was they referenced Claire's heart going dark, and that Sayid's will too.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did anyone else feel this episode was a big 'bleh' kind of episode? WTF is with these people trying to kill Sayid and spending half the show over that stupid-ass pill? Then the other half of the episode showing Kate and Claire still making their 'alternate reality' connection still happen. I really was hoping this season would just focus on answering questions and no more filler shit.

The only good part, was they referenced Claire's heart going dark, and that Sayid's will too.

but it did answer questions. Just maybe not what you wanted answered.

We found out what the 'illness' is for the most part.
    We found out what happened to Claire.
    We found out that this is indeed the same timeline as 1974 because Sawyer found his box with the ring.

I don't think the episode was all that great, but it did answer some questions. Hopefully next up Claire will be able to give us insight to what she knows.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah, it was an OK episode, and usually i'm all 'omfg awesome!' about everything.

but skank is right, we still learned some stuff, and FINALLY we see claire again. She's basically the new Rousseau. I wonder what it actually means though when one is infected? Rousseau just seemed paranoid, not much else... but then there's guys like her husband, who tried to kill her after being 'infected' by going into the temple. I wonder if that's the same type of thing (or if THAT is what is happening to sayid/claire, and Rousseau really was just paranoid lol.. claire really resembled her though at the end of this episode)

also killed the whole 'sayid possessed by jacob' idea. humm.

also kinda threw me off when the fucking others who have been on the island for god knows how long have to listen to Kate for correct directions in pathfinding. REALLY?
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The island requires one trap-making crazy baby lady at all times.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to call this now. Lets see if I'm right next week:

The spring is used as a method of reuniting the dead with their bodies. The Others know this, and were instructed to resurrect someone sayid. Something happened, and it is not working correctly. (Dark water). This is causing people to be reborn in the wrong body. The Others' test was basically to torture Sayid, and see what happens. He is a badass and professional torturer, there's no way IN HELL Sayid would have whined and gave in so quickly like he did. It just doesn't make any sense.

Right now Sayid thinks he's Sayid, but the infection is "spreading". Meaning, soon enough the new unknown soul is going to take over. Apparently it's somebody bad, so they need to stop it.

As for Claire - we know she was 'infected' as well according to the Kung Fu guy, and I think it was by Russo. Russo conveniently died before Clarie was taken, and now she's doing all the things Russo did. Traps in the jungle, badass with a rifle, gnarly looking.

So, Claire = Russo.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Sayid ended up posessed by Locke and not Jacob ?
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    ARghh............. I thought I would never hear "MY BABY!!!!" again but damn it... I think I have a head ache...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Slum wrote: »
    I'm going to call this now. Lets see if I'm right next week:

The spring is used as a method of reuniting the dead with their bodies. The Others know this, and were instructed to resurrect someone sayid. Something happened, and it is not working correctly. (Dark water). This is causing people to be reborn in the wrong body. The Others' test was basically to torture Sayid, and see what happens. He is a badass and professional torturer, there's no way IN HELL Sayid would have whined and gave in so quickly like he did. It just doesn't make any sense.

Right now Sayid thinks he's Sayid, but the infection is "spreading". Meaning, soon enough the new unknown soul is going to take over. Apparently it's somebody bad, so they need to stop it.

As for Claire - we know she was 'infected' as well according to the Kung Fu guy, and I think it was by Russo. Russo conveniently died before Clarie was taken, and now she's doing all the things Russo did. Traps in the jungle, badass with a rifle, gnarly looking.

So, Claire = Russo.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Sayid ended up posessed by Locke and not Jacob ?

but Claire didn't die as far as we know.

still, very interesting theory, but if I remember correctly sayid broke down like a little bitch when Russo tortured him way way earlier in the show. still, interesting.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I kinda like where you're going with that Slum. Not sure I agree on all of it, but yeah, I can see the Claire = Russo thing. We really don't know what happened to her, but it sounded as though she was 'resurrected' like Sayid was. That's why they know what happened to her heart (unless that was just an outside observation).

It was already stated by the producers that Sayid is 'possessed by someone' when asked if it was Jacob. So, it may very well be Locke as you mentioned. He would have cried like a woman too ;)

I guess I hadn't put too much thought into some of the smaller 'proof' incidents, like the timeline staying the same. I guess I figured that was already a given since the 'others' saw the flare. I don't want things answered as to their current state though... I want answers for all the previous season mindfucks.
  • system404
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    system404 polycounter lvl 17
    I felt the same way about the episode as some of you guys. I did like Ethan's reappearance. The fact that Aaron was coming out earlier and Ethan asked Clair for drugs to prolong the birth makes me realize that's exactly what he had done in the island, when he took her to the staff station.

Every episode I'm wondering when the hell Miles is going to speak up, dude just keeps having weird looks but doesn't voice anything.

Like the Sayid = Locke theory, I always wondered how smokey knew so much about Locke; At what point did Locke become infected with smokey. I remember, I think it was Claire's dream sequence(season2?), when John appeared with one white eye and one black eye showing the duality in him. Did john become infected with smokey when he crashed on the island, was that the reason for him walking? OMG smokey resided on his legs this whole time!

This show needs to end so I can move on with my life...
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    They killed Mac :( poor Mac. Patties will never be the same.

and YAY to more of Jack getting beat up!!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose wrote: »
    They killed Mac :( poor Mac. Patties will never be the same.

and YAY to more of Jack getting beat up!!

LOLOOL!!!

PADDY'S PUB!!!!!!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    system404 wrote: »
    I felt the same way about the episode as some of you guys. I did like Ethan's reappearance. The fact that Aaron was coming out earlier and Ethan asked Clair for drugs to prolong the birth makes me realize that's exactly what he had done in the island, when he took her to the staff station.

Every episode I'm wondering when the hell Miles is going to speak up, dude just keeps having weird looks but doesn't voice anything.

Like the Sayid = Locke theory, I always wondered how smokey knew so much about Locke; At what point did Locke become infected with smokey. I remember, I think it was Claire's dream sequence(season2?), when John appeared with one white eye and one black eye showing the duality in him. Did john become infected with smokey when he crashed on the island, was that the reason for him walking? OMG smokey resided on his legs this whole time!

This show needs to end so I can move on with my life...

Locke isn't infected, he died off the island and we've seen his corpse. Evil Locke is just the smokemonster shapeshifting.
  • urbine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a theory up untill the latest episode, that the guy (cant remember his name) he was seen with jacob at the beginning of an episode, when jacob goes down to the beach to get some fish he caught, then a guy appears later and theres a bit of a tense atmosphere between him and jacob. My theory was that this guy shifted into locke/smokey.

I'm probably way off.