Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beartraps polycounter lvl 8
    Yea I certainly don't remember Jack having a kid. If you remember he went to the kid's "mother's" house, I suppose that's Jack's ex-wife who divorced him after he saved her or whatever, but I don't remember them having a child.

It was also pretty uneventful when Jack found out Claire was his sister, I remember looking forward to seeing that event happen. Claire dun lost her damn mind!
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Jack Come see this cool Secret passage way I found!
    Jack: Screw that Im not going anywhere!

Hey Jack look at this cool magic mirror that shows us stuff and could possibly answer some questions about what the hell is going on!

Jack: NO! IMMA BREAKIT CUZ IT SHOWED MAH HOUSE!

Hey Jack We need to talk to you could you come with us?
    Jack: NO Im staying here!

Jack could you stay here?
    Jack: NO I WANNA GO!

Jack is stupid and he stinks!
  • moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    But Jack has got something to do. Some people take orders, others break mirrors! 8o

mehh... jack meh.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Josh_Singh wrote: »
    Jack: NO! IMMA BREAKIT CUZ IT SHOWED MAH HOUSE!

heeheehee

Gay ass episode, Jack needs to die horrificaly, and soon...

So is that kid we saw running around Aaron somehow? Even though he is clearly older than 3...I really don't like Claire getting written back in either, she's a shit character, never had anything going for her.

Is Jack's son actually Matthew Fox's son in real life? Cause they look really similar.

All in all a pretty dissapointing episode. Even Hurley's lucasisms are getting a little tired at this point...
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    jack is like Cyclop
    I hate cyclop

Anyway. I cant want to have this show end, IM SOO TIRED of watching it. I CANT STOP now. but DAMN, I hope jack dies.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Well, I must be the only one, but I actually like Jack (the mirror smashing was kind of stupid though, especially since they just went over the fact that he also smashed a coffin). Cyclops is a great analogy. He's the dick leader who's always conflicted and angry. His character adds a lot to the show whether you like him or not. I thought the thing about his kid was cool and how they had the emotional moment at the end. The last two episodes have been the best of the season and possibly of the series (the amount of Hurley in this last one alone dictates that). More Star Wars references from Hurley in last night's episode, awesome!

I hate Kate and all versions of Locke, even though his story is pretty cool. They are constantly annoying, and Kate is not even interesting like Locke, just boring. Sawyer and Hurley are my favorites overall. I liked Charlie too, while he was in it.
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    i like jack too. but wtf!!??

I don't understand how you could not like Locke. In my eyes hes like the meat and potatoes of lost.

I would love to start seeing the main characters dieing off, in many horrible ways. Sorta like how the end of the sopranos ended. bullets flying everywhere!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    the only character that is consistently dumb is Kate
    Jack does dumb things some times but I still enjoy his character, as well as a lot of the other characters. I really want to see Desmond again, as I think he was great and should play an important part in the end. (as well as Widmore, where the hell is he for someone so important to the island?)

like 13 eps left and theres a lot untouched.

we also need an alpert/jacob flashback episode.

goddam I'm so excited.
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    I'm thinking it's Widmore Jacob wants back, after all, if Ben was manipulated all the time by Nemsis, and effectively working as Jackob's enemy all along, does that make Widmore the good guy?

Didn't look too closely to see if Widmore's name was on the compass/lightouse thing.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone notice all these episodes are in the same order as Season 1? Opening episode, Kate, Locke, Jack. According to that timeline, next week is Sun and the week after is Charlie! (He's dead in the 'present' but in the other timeline he's alive, albeit in police custody)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix wrote: »
    I'm thinking it's Widmore Jacob wants back, after all, if Ben was manipulated all the time by Nemsis, and effectively working as Jackob's enemy all along, does that make Widmore the good guy?

Didn't look too closely to see if Widmore's name was on the compass/lightouse thing.

I was going to say the exact same thing :D
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I think the island needs a Russo, Claire is the new one.

I think Malcolm has power over those that die on or arrive dead on the Island, thats part of why he wants to kill everyone, thats why Claire and Christian have both been his servants and why the fear about Sayid and why Ben was ignored and used as an instrument to kill Jacob though I still think Jacob wanted that as much as Malcolm did.

Jacob gets his power from life and redemption , thats why he wants to help everyone have epiphany and realization of their worth so they can live as they should and because of the duality between Malcom and Jacob we have continued to see visual metaphors through black and white objects placed together since the 1st season.

The black and white reminders have been coming to the fore a lot recently, they are demonstrating how long they have been laying the seeds for the events that are soon to come.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The black and white reminders have been coming to the fore a lot recently, they are demonstrating how long they have been laying the seeds for the events that are soon to come.

hahah yeah. How much you want to bet the Two Skeletons in the Cave are Bernard and Rose?

I am thinking that number 108 on the Lighthouse Dial was either Widmore, like some of you said, or Desmond.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Kate is an irrational cumdumpster. I mean really, she likes to screw the two leaders of the groups, and then repel them at her will. She serves no purpose other than to screw things up. I really don't see how she fits in with everything else, except to offer the 'hotty' factor.

I'm actually wondering if the two skeletons are Jacob and the other dude.

And yeah, where is Desmond? Everything is jumping around so much during these last seasons, that I keep forgetting where everyone went. I know we've seen him in the new timeline, but where is he in the old?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isn't Desmond in the old timeline relaxing with Penny? Desmond + the Oceanic 6 were all rescued by Penny's actual boat but he choose to stay with her since he wasn't actually on the plane and it would blow their cover story when they where "rescued".
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    The bodies from the 1st season are man and woman, a reference to Adam and Eve was suspected initially
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't recall seeing that, so I guess it can't be the two guys ;) The bodies seemed to be smaller framed people though, so I don't think it's Rose and Bernard, but who knows if they'll ever explain it.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    notman wrote: »
    Kate is an irrational cumdumpster.

WINNER!
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Desmond was last seen being shot by Ben a the marina where Penny's real boat is moored, but didn't die. Guess he's a candidate to be brought back too. :poly117:

notman wrote: »
    I didn't recall seeing that, so I guess it can't be the two guys ;) The bodies seemed to be smaller framed people though, so I don't think it's Rose and Bernard, but who knows if they'll ever explain it.

Yup, Rose is pretty 'big boned'
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    the only thing im worried about this last season, is that they answer all the new questions from the last 2 season, and forget about all the fucked up shit from the first 2 season...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Come on. That shit was awesome.

Wow @ all the stuff happening now. They aren't playin' around!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always love Sayid episodes!
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll wrote: »
    the only thing im worried about this last season, is that they answer all the new questions from the last 2 season, and forget about all the fucked up shit from the first 2 season...

whaaaat? no way man! They gotta answer everything! Really though, I felt that the first couple seasons yielded more WTF questions than the later. but there are some huge biggies.

gotta say that this season started a bit slower than the previous, but its really picking up now. i was a bit worried when watching the LAX episodes.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, they had Sayid kicking ass in this one. Looks like he went evil btw ;) Can't blame him though, based on what an asshole that guy was to him.

Something that they seemed to focus on this episode, were the expressions. Many creepy/weird expressions. Sayid when Ben found him, Claire when Kate told her about Aaron, Locke when he saw Kate come out to join them, etc...

Oh, and apparently those guys (in the real world) were hired to capture Jin. Also, that this new timeline would have resulted in Sayid not being with Natia. These changes go way back if you believe the island stuff never happened.

And I'm pretty confident Locke is going to kill everyone. His promises are vague and I get the feeling that all of them are based on,
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Sayid kicking ass = awesome. Made me smile when he shot the soldier/crime boss guy. They really made him seem like a douche.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    someone had also pointed out that everyone in flocke's camp right now has a shady past..Sawyer, Sayid, Kate, uhh..Claire? donno about that one but the other 3 are spot on.

I still couldn't help but LOL at ben's intro in this episode. he was nowhere then all of a sudden it cuts to a face front shot of him saying "ILL GO FIND HIM" hahah.

I really hope he gets more important again, seeing him be a little bitch is stupid. I almost want to see him step up and beat flocke and jacob. And where the hell is widmore (and desmond?)

loved that episode though, sad that dogen bit it.

I keep wanting to think the fountain thing revives jacob in whatever persons body if they are good, so I just imagine Jacob being reincarnated in Dogen's body lol.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I keep wanting to think the fountain thing revives jacob in whatever persons body if they are good, so I just imagine Jacob being reincarnated in Dogen's body lol.

ahh, that would be awesome.
  • KING-TAHARKA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i don't know but the guy who plays sayid... naveen Andrews... he looks like he is going to sneeze at anytime.:D

any way i liked this episode but the way things are going... i feel like they are going to stuff one episode with all the freak'n answers.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Episode was the shit! Start off with a nice long fight and have crazy shit happen all through! :D Too much shit to go over with a broken keyboard though and It's pissing me off to hit alt-99 every time I need to type the letter c !!

Looks like Ben dies next week :o

@king - lol. Espeially when he tries to cry.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I really hope he gets more important again, seeing him be a little bitch is stupid. I almost want to see him step up and beat flocke and jacob. And where the hell is widmore (and desmond?)

I think he steps up next episode. Looks like it will be focused around him, which usually the Ben episodes are good too.

I didn't see anything suggesting he dies though.
  • Axios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    Well, the preview for next week's episode said someone would "face his demise" and was clearly focused on Ben. I'm gonna guess there's no way he dies this episode.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Desmond has been in this season - he was in the first episode on the plane. He was talking to Jack, then just vanished. Wondering if he was talking to Jack similar to how Jacob would have talked to Jack, and probably vanished shortly thereafter as well. The point about 108 possibly being Desmond, and his completely unique and powerful existence to jump through time (accidentally in the main timeline, possibly at will in the alt) could have some importance in the alternate timeline.

That episode kicked ass. I loved how Claire, albeit obnoxious, was giving Kate the "im going to fucking stab you in the throat with my axe" look. One of claire's big concerns and was told that "no one else should raise her baby," and its cool to see that coming back. Kate looks to be SOL here, yay!

Sayid is the man, im so glad he shot toothy-mc-tootherson.

I dont understand why Sayid's brother is with the chick though - he went to Australia to save his brother from blowing himself up, wouldnt that still have happened? Or did the alternate timeline change everything from the 70s on? I was under the impression that it only changed what happened after the flight crashed for those folks - but the other folks who were there (Dharma & others) went on with their lives as if they never knew the island. Interesting how that stuff seems intertwined.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Well, they also never said that this alternate universe was caused by the nuke, for one. The real world multiverse theory states that there an be entirely different things going on with our "doubles" in these other universes, based on their own decisions. So in this universe they're showing, it's possible that Kelvin Inman was killed in desert storm before forcing Sayin to torture his commander, etc. It can be so confusing to think of all the possibilities :D
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Who do you think is on the way to the island? When Jacob wants to change the position of the lighthouse? Widmore, Desmond?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    not sure, I need to rewatch it. I think they wanted them to see what was in the mirror on that particular number. (can't recall need to go back and see who was on that number on the dial.)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome episode!! :D That is all.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I can't see how they are going to intertwine the two timelines again.. They're showing what would have happened if the plane never went down, but it seems sort of pointless if they don't become connected at some point.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I finally started watching lost about 3 1/2 weeks ago with my wife on Netflix streaming.

We were watching 3-4 episodes sometimes 5 a night trying to get caught up. I can't say enough how fucking awesome this show is and how great it was to watch them all without a lot of time in between.

We are all caught up now and it was cool to read some of your thoughts and compare them to that of my wifes and mine.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights show.

I don't know if anyone is "really" coming to the island or if the whole purpose was to get JACK to be the guy Jacob needs him to be to be ready to fight evil locke and the other baddies.

It seems like there aren't that many survivors left that aren't with Locke so it should get interesting.

Something like 10 episodes and a 2 hour finale is left.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah Lost is a kick ass show, I haven't read most of this thread because I'm only on the second episode of the final season but yeah one of the best shows on TV due to the amazing acting and intriguing plot. Not to mention the never-ending questions!
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats awsome Jesse. I did the exact same thing 5 months ago. It made me realize just exactly how fantastic netflix is. Allthough I will admit that my productivity went down when i watched all 5 seasons. ;)
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    The last episode was all about Linus and it was totally one of those classic episodes imo, really was like the old days, it had everything even sadness in it. Loved it... Really interested to see where this is heading now that we know Ruperts secret
    Jacob gave him a "gift" in that he cant die or kill himself, but others possibly can
    , and that Ben really isn't the bad guy at all.

Loved it. Shame they turned Jack into such an unlikeable knob but I have a feeling that because he plays a huge part in the end.

Was funny to see what old "Dick" is doing now as the school head :)
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I thought it was a good episode. and man I like Ben again! Crap. But really he's such a good actor. Him and Evil Locke are turning up the Acting as far as Range goes. Good stuff.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to see where the teacher revolt goes... I really do.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Aha Odium, it's not Rupert. I think you mean Richard Alpert. :P Ben's acting has been good - though I still can't stand him, and sort of had my fingers crossed that he'd be lying in that grave.

The principal is the crazy uptight doctor from Biodome.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Ruper the bear, no? :p Sorry, got a bit of flu and my minds all over the shop... RUPERT FTW.

The principal is Dick from Die Hard, and thats that. :p Or, Peck from Ghostbusters :p Nothing else matters :p
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't they tease that someone would meet their demise? Did I miss a death here? I thought it was going to be Richard, but he pulled through also.

As predicted though, it was a good episode. I liked seeing Ben conniving in this alternate timeline too. Makes me wonder though, is Rousseau living nearby then? To have Alex at Ben's school, one would think she leaves there.

And it was confirmed that Richard was on the Black Rock. Looks like he was a prisoner on it, based on him looking at the cuffs.
    We also learned what the 'candidates' are for. I'm going to assume it's suppose to be Jack in the end.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, I thought it said someone would meet their end. Guess not.

Great episode regardless. Interesting to see that non-island ben is the same as island ben.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    so the alternative timeline, Is it a world where Evil lock win, and Jacob never touched the losties life?

Theres to many different element to be just a timeline where they didnt crash on the island.

i was rewatching the early season lately, and lol, when sun i think, took a pregrant test it was made from @wittmore industries@ or some shit. INTERESTING

ben
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about one other detail. When Ben was talking with his dad, and they referenced joining DARMA. So now the question is, did they even go to the island? Did they get there, then choose(or were forced) to leave upon arrival? Did some other even cause them to leave? I wish I had those episodes available to view right now. I'm curious if it was possible Ben survived Sayid shooting him, then they left the island as part of the evac.