Home General Discussion

Breaking Bad

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Really, no need for spoiler tags in here. It's the fifth season. If people come in here and haven't seen the show, it's their fault.

Anyways, the preview for next week shows Walter saying that the streets are "lined with gold" and that it's just "waiting to be scooped up" - I'm pretty sure he's talking about selling again.

As for the M60, which was an awesome opener, they foreshadow quite a bit. I personally think he's going to go out in a blaze of glory against the DEA, perhaps even against Hank.
  • Talbot
    My guess is that Walt is going to get to cocky and in the end he is going to need to be put down. In something like breaking bad, everything you see or here is put there for a specific meaning. And something that is sticking with me is that when they were driving away he responded to "how do you know it worked" with "because I say so". I mean even Jesse looked back like "wtf?" Also all the posters for this season say "All hail the king".

I don't know maybe I'm wrong. Actually I hope I'm wrong haha so that its more interesting for me.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    yea walt defnitley seems to be getting cockier, which could totally lead to his downfall. They kinda passed over the note behind the picture frame but I am guessing its gonna be pretty huge. That final scene was interesting as well. it was cool seeing a present/future version of walt with hair and looking all scruffy.
  • Bal
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    That was a pretty great first episode for the season, hope they can keep the level so high throughout the whole season.
    Walt is one of the best bad guys on TV in a long time.
  • Talbot
    http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/inside-episode-501-breaking-bad-live-free-or-die

I think this basically goes with what I was saying.

And here is some more making of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01oAqfozRPc"]Making of the Season 5 Premiere: Inside Breaking Bad - YouTube[/ame]
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Really, no need for spoiler tags in here. It's the fifth season. If people come in here and haven't seen the show, it's their fault.

Anyways, the preview for next week shows Walter saying that the streets are "lined with gold" and that it's just "waiting to be scooped up" - I'm pretty sure he's talking about selling again.

As for the M60, which was an awesome opener, they foreshadow quite a bit. I personally think he's going to go out in a blaze of glory against the DEA, perhaps even against Hank.

says you jerk! Season 4 isnt on netflix yet!
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    season 4 is on the canadian netflix, was just added the other day, if we have it you guys must :P
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    They kinda passed over the note behind the picture frame but I am guessing its gonna be pretty huge.

They didn't pass over it at all. They zoomed in on it and you could clearly read it. It's routing numbers for bank accounts in the Cayman islands.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry, what I meant was they didnt show any followup to it yet, which im excited to see.
  • slipsius
    currently working through season 3. This show keeps getting better and better.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    season 4 is on the canadian netflix, was just added the other day, if we have it you guys must :P

OMG I just checked after you said that and it seems season 4 is online!

YUS!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin wrote: »
    OMG I just checked after you said that and it seems season 4 is online!

YUS!

Yeah they added season 4 on Netflix on Sunday, when Season 5 started to air on TV :D
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    I just watched the first ep. of season one. It seems to be a very interesting show.
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Did anyone watch the latest episode?
  • Notes
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    oh yeah...the best part was the diner scene with Mike and some lady...
    Lady-"Dwane I didnt notice you there..."
    Waitress-"can i get you anything Mike?" hahah
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Very good episode, very tight. The guy who plays Jesse needs some kind of a supporting actor nomination, he was great in this episode. And wow, Mike is ugly in HD!! :D
  • slipsius
    I found this episode pretty slow. I see it building up in the next few episodes, but ya. Kinda slow. But, I like how Mike is now a larger character. Totally agree about Jesse deserving a supporting actor nomination. He does a freaking fantastic job selling his emotions. holy.
  • Jason Young
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    The actors that play Jesse and Gus are both nominated for a supporting actor Emmy.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    I thought thew opening was the best part, with the sauces:)
    But good episode all-in. A little slow, but All On All The Time can get boring too.
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    You guys thought it was slow?? Man! I felt the opposite. I thought it had great pacing. Especially with Mike killing the assassin and then going into that woman's (Fring's Daughter?) home. It was insanely intense.
  • Axios
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, I felt it was a little slow as well, but I trust that it's building to some good stuff. Overall though, needs more meth.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    I don't see how people who've watched the show to this point could think the slow was slow. I mean.. the show is ALWAYS fairly slow. But this one had some cool assassinations and action, and it's definitely pushing the plot forward. I look forward to seeing where all this goes.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    loving this season so far, gotta agree with the people saying its not slow.

If there's one thing i want to see in this season is walt getting messed up on his product, prolly wont happen since it's kind of an obvious path to go down, buy i'm still hoping!
  • Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
    definitely agree that its not moving slow at all. when i see the credits roll im always saying to myself "wait thats it!?" i think the introduction of new characters/scenarios as opposed to the same ol meth cooking deal is something that keeps it interesting.. its already giving people questions at the beginning of the season.

MikeF: that would actually be a pretty cool thing to see. never even considered that as a possibility.
  • Notes
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    Is it just me or does listening to someone chew on tv is extremely annoying...especially in HD... anyone else notice that Mike looks like an older version of Stewie from Malcom in the Middle??? Oddly enough was where Walt came from...hmmm
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Show keeps getting better. Five seasons in, I wouldn't have expected it to remain this high calibur, but it's improving! I'm sad this is the final season. Soo good. :D
  • Polygoblin
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Near the end of this week's episode, Walt was doing dishes and stops to glance out of the window. You only see it for a second, but there is an "outside" camera angle that looked like he was staring at a little red plant on the windowsill. Now I'm thinking it's a weapon... everything is a weapon for this guy. Frickin' MacGyver.

Also, Skyler is looking like she's going to snitch.
  • cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    man, that scene in the end where he tries to comfort her before attempting to ..get his groove on.. painfully awkward!
  • Notes
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    All I know is the end of this season has to top the end of 4th where fring walks out of the room.....holy shit O.o ' at first we were like "no way"...then the camera panned over to the left of his face. . .now that is a scene I wont forget
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    I was sort of bummed by the first episode of this season but I dont think theres anyway it could have lived up to the hype. I just felt so un-invested after so much time had gone by. But after the second episode this season I feel like there's no way I could get enough of this show.
  • Talbot
    ErichWK wrote: »
    You guys thought it was slow?? Man! I felt the opposite. I thought it had great pacing. Especially with Mike killing the assassin and then going into that woman's (Fring's Daughter?) home. It was insanely intense.

Yeah I thought it was a lot better than the second episode of the last season. Last season started off with a bang, then immediately slowed down for like 3 episodes.

It's really too bad that Mad Men cuts into Breaking Bad's budget so hard. But I think they do a really good job with what they are given. I just wish there was one more season before we get to the inevitable... Walter white turns into the bad guy...

By the way, this is just fantastic!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctQ98UbSN-w"]The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: Aaron Paul - YouTube[/ame]
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Talbot wrote: »
    Yeah I thought it was a lot better than the second episode of the last season. Last season started off with a bang, then immediately slowed down for like 3 episodes.

It's really too bad that Mad Men cuts into Breaking Bad's budget so hard. But I think they do a really good job with what they are given. I just wish there was one more season before we get to the inevitable... Walter white turns into the bad guy...

There will be one more season. This is split up into two 8 episode seasons. The first 8 are airing now and the next 8 start shooting in November and air next Summer.
  • Talbot
    I'm pretty sure its still labeled as just one season. The same way The Walking Dead did it.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    There will be one more season. This is split up into two 8 episode seasons. The first 8 are airing now and the next 8 start shooting in November and air next Summer.

so disappointed hearing that.... thats what ruined lost for me in the last leg of that mess
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF wrote: »
    so disappointed hearing that.... thats what ruined lost for me in the last leg of that mess

It was either that, or have the series end in 8 episodes because of funding. Be happy that AMC decided to let them do two 8 episode seasons instead of one.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    wow didnt realize funding was so tight (or maybe the budget is huge this season) for one of the biggest series on AMC. Either way, still cant wait to see how this ends, just hoped it would have had minimal interruptions between new episodes
  • Notes
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    Talbot wrote: »

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: Aaron Paul - YouTube

hahahahah "1200 bucks!!!!!!!!!"
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Good episode tonight. The cooking montages are always fun to watch. Skylar is annoying the hell out of me now though, I wish she'd just go away (and take her sister with her).

Mike is a badass as always. Jesse is becoming more likable for me. He's not such a whiny bitch anymore.

Walter is just becoming a monster. I see him potentially being far worse than Gus.
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I loved last night's ep, nice to see them cooking again. It's weird how Skyler has turned from super confident bitch to being absolutely terrifed of Walt.
  • cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Wonder whether it was a good move to tell Skyler's sister the Ted story.. but we shall see.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Skyler's reaction to finding out Walt killed those guys this season has been a bit ridiculous. I mean, she should have already known he was mixed up in some pretty bad stuff, and also she should be able to piece together that part of why he did it was to save Hank's life. Meh.. Skyler's just being a bit over the top.

Although Walt definitely is becoming a complete psychopath. I wonder how it will all end. I hope Hank comes out on top... he's been one of my favorite characters. He hasn't done too much these past few episodes though.
  • MrOneTwo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah Skyler is kinda annoying... walking around with this shocked face... since this season started. I just can't stand scenes with her...

I don't really buy Walt character now. What's his motivation ? Power and money ? His family ? He says it's family... after break between the seasons I kinda lost any interest in Walt as a character.

Jesse is pretty interesting. Mike is always cool and fun to watch.
  • slipsius
    Walt is more about the sheer enjoyment of it now. He feels lost without it.

Skyler went from super confident and badass to scared shitless, but that's because she didnt know Walt had killed anyone before. She thought he was just a cook.

Jesse is awesome.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    He also didn't just kill someone (in her eye's) he blew-up a fucking nursing home.
    Watching him enjoying all the death during Scarface, with her children, is the last thing she needs to see at this point.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    yea totally that whole scarface scene where they are just loving it, seemed like he was trying to push her buttons, almost like an intimidation game a bit. the entire family relationship feels so forced now, Heisenberg has become his real identity and walter white the mask, completley reverse of the 1st few seasons.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    first thing that came to mind when they asked her to join them to watch scarface
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM"]Gooble Gobble One of Us We Accept Her - YouTube[/ame]
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Heisenberg has become his real identity and walter white the mask, completley reverse of the 1st few seasons.

That's a really great way to look at it. Thanks for that man, I think that sums up the new Walt perfectly.
  • imyj
    Offline / Send Message
    imyj polycounter lvl 8
    Violence VS hair: An analysis of Breaking Bad:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/breaking_bad_hair
  • Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    yea totally that whole scarface scene where they are just loving it, seemed like he was trying to push her buttons, almost like an intimidation game a bit. the entire family relationship feels so forced now, Heisenberg has become his real identity and walter white the mask, completley reverse of the 1st few seasons.

Also, them watching Scarface seems like some not-so-subtle foreshadowing or possibly just a red herring, but we shall see.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Sukotto wrote: »
    Also, them watching Scarface seems like some not-so-subtle foreshadowing or possibly just a red herring, but we shall see.

Considering the M60 in the season premiere, foreshadowing sounds about right :poly121: