Home General Discussion

Breaking Bad

Replies

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Andreas wrote: »
    ...must have been while we were kissing babe...

Yeah, I was dissapointed in the ending, Walt went from awesome to a dick. Now we spend a whole year thinking hes a dick.
    I figured he was a dick when he let Jesse's girlfriend die. Don't forget in this episode he basically used his neighbor to see if there was anyone waiting for him... that was quite a dick move too.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Nah, she had to die, she blackmailed him. The others were innocent.
  • Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Breaking Bad is quite a realistic show. His skull was showing. People do not live through injuries that extensive. He would have died of shock almost instantly.
    That's part of the reason I thought what I did. I found it hard to believe that they would have him walk out of the room the way he did for no purpose. But after listening to the podcast with vince gilligan, he basically flat out said he wanted to do that scene just for the hell of it. If they wanted it to be realistic, he should have been killed instantly by the explosion, probably either by the explosion itself, or from the force of being thrown across the room into a wall. It seemed strange that the force ripped the door off its hinges and threw it across the hallway, but he just walked right out lol.
  • Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...must have been while we were kissing babe...

Yeah, I was dissapointed in the ending, Walt went from awesome to a dick. Now we spend a whole year thinking hes a dick.
    Well, the term "breaking bad" basically means to go down a bad path, and the creators of the show have said that the show is about a man who is "slowly chipping away at his soul", so while he may be "awesome", Walt is definitely a bad guy at this point. I always saw Gus as kind of a reflection of Walt's character. It seems like a cycle to me. Gus started out as an ordinary, nice guy like Walt did, and after he got involved with the drug trade for so long, and watching his partner get shot in front of him, he has "broken bad". Walter killed him and has taken his place. Walter has clearly "broken bad" throughout the show. Jesse still has a good heart and a good moral conscious though, so I think at the end of the show Jesse is going to have to put Walter down, just like Walter did to Gus.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    I think it's awesome he's changed SOOOO much from the beginning of the series! A main character doesn't have to be good, in my book, just interesting!
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    such an awesome series, started watching this 3 weeks ago and saw the s4 finally yesterday.
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    such an awesome series, started watching this 3 weeks ago and saw the s4 finally yesterday.

3 weeks? Nice. :)
    I don't what it is, but Breaking Bad has this goddamned annoying "MUST.WATCH.ANOTHER.ONE" effect on people. It's like... visual crystal meth.

And yeah, Walt's been a dick for a while now, but I seriously take my hat off to the writers of this show. Seeing Walt evolve from this "must protect fambly" type of character in to this überdick throughout these 4 seasons was quite satisfying to say the least.
    So my guess on the last season is going to be in chronological order:
    1) Walt becomes crystal meth kingpin
    2) Dickness achieves lvl 80 necromancer
    3) Hank get on his trail
    4) Jesse realizes that he can not match a lvl 80 necro dick
    5) Confrontation between Hank and Walt or Jesse and Walt or battle royale
    6) Profits.

Ugh, starting to miss this show already!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah I disagree Aigick, he'll redeem himself in the end. The shock twist that everyone is expecting :P
  • Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah I disagree Aigick, he'll redeem himself in the end. The shock twist that everyone is expecting :P
    He can do whatever he wants at the end, but it doesn't change the fact that:

-he poisoned and nearly killed a little boy
    -he was willing to sacrifice his neighbor's life just to get some money out of his house
    -He convinced hector to kill himself, killing Tyrus instantly, and horribly disfiguring and most likely killing Gus Fring. He was willing to risk killing bystanders to get this accomplished.
    -He started a chain of events that killed Jesse's girlfriend (Jane), caused her father's suicide, and led to a plane crash that killed countless amounts of innocent people.
    -It's his fault that his brother in law was shot and nearly killed.
    -He has recklessly put his family in danger.
    -He ordered Gale's murder.
    -Countless other things

I think Walter has gotten to the point where he is irredeemable. Even if he does try to "go back to the light" by turning himself in or something, it doesn't change what he's already done.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Can't see Walter redeeming himself, he'd have to admit he's wrong and his pride would never let him do that. I think he'll win, control of the drug trade in Albuquerque, Hank off his tail, and Jesse as his Mike, but it'll cost him his family and friends, and will end with him sat alone in the doctor's office being told his cancer has returned.

And AMC should do a short five minute epilogue, with Walter creating a new super-meth that causes the zombies in Walking Dead.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    tvtropes wrote:
    Face Heel Turn: The whole series is one big one for Walt.

The first season involved Walt making meth and killing people for the benefit of his family. There's lots of hints of him starting to become a bad person mostly in his relationship with Skylar.
    The second season involved Walt letting innocent people die to save himself.
    The third season ended with Walt directly ordering an innocent person to be killed.
    Now he's poisoning children.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Aigik wrote: »
    That's part of the reason I thought what I did. I found it hard to believe that they would have him walk out of the room the way he did for no purpose. But after listening to the podcast with vince gilligan, he basically flat out said he wanted to do that scene just for the hell of it. If they wanted it to be realistic, he should have been killed instantly by the explosion, probably either by the explosion itself, or from the force of being thrown across the room into a wall. It seemed strange that the force ripped the door off its hinges and threw it across the hallway, but he just walked right out lol.

You'd be surprise how crazy the human body is

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-U9J6XcHvs"]IED ATTACK, MAN GETS BLOWN UP, WALKS AWAY - YouTube[/ame]
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next season is 16 episodes, it sounds like they'll air over two years. How are you planning it out? Are you going to insert a specific break point around episode 8, 9 or 10?

I think so. It sounds to me like the thinking on the part of AMC is to split it into two seasons. So we'll try to have a proper cliffhanger, I would think, at the end of the first 8. Which I don't think would be too tough for us, because we try to do a cliffhanger more or less with everything we do. We try to play each one like it's our last as much as we possibly can. Hopefully, that won't be too tough.

So it comes back next summer but the season will be split up into two parts.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Late to the game on this one, but what a fantastic season!

This show has so many 'did that just happen?' moments, but then in recollection, all the pieces fall into place. Great storytelling, acting, incredible camerawork, and I'm jonesin' for season 5 already!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    this season was a slow burn until about 3/4 of the way through but it really took off and became fucking intense. walt is pretty much irredeamable, and yet you still cheer for him....sorta. Amazing cinematography and art direction on this show as well as its use of sound, I'm kinda sad the next season is the final one. although its probably better to end it while it still kicks ass rather than just keep it going for the sake of it.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Just finished watching season 4... I started on season 1 about 3 weeks ago... Wow, what a program! Some spoilers below and I don't know how to spoiler tag so, don't read on if you haven't finished season 4 yet :D

I'd like to know more about Gus' past... Just what did he do in Chile exactly? Hopefully they show some flashbacks of that in season 5.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Those vials should be blue.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Crazy how Heisenburg's blue meth showed up in last night's Walking Dead episode. Cross-promotion, baby!
    luke wrote: »
    actor of the year should go to fuckin Mr White

Aaron Paul (Jesse) will get several awards this year, count on it.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    Crazy how Heisenburg's blue meth showed up in last night's Walking Dead episode. Cross-promotion, baby!

Aaron Paul (Jesse) will get several awards this year, count on it.

Bryan Cranston actually won 3 Emmys in a row for best actor in a drama series, but BB wasn't included in this year's Emmys because the season didn't start by the cutoff date.

Aaron Paul definitely should have got one or two best supporting actor awards though.
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    finished season 4 last weekend and i cannot wait till season 5.
    Anybody remember this commercial??
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKjCEjsnH2o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKjCEjsnH2o[/ame]
  • ranger_park
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy shit i do remember that commercial. I cant believe thats him!
  • Polygoblin
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    -Breaking Bad Season 5 to Premiere Sun., Jul. 15-

Episode-401-Walt-560.jpg

SOURCE: http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/05/season-5-premiere-announced.php

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Ahhh Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Can't wait!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Splitting the season in half, to resume Summer 2013? PPFFFFFFFFFFF
  • Shaffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aigik wrote: »
    Well, the term "breaking bad" basically means to go down a bad path, and the creators of the show have said that the show is about a man who is "slowly chipping away at his soul", so while he may be "awesome", Walt is definitely a bad guy at this point. I always saw Gus as kind of a reflection of Walt's character. It seems like a cycle to me. Gus started out as an ordinary, nice guy like Walt did, and after he got involved with the drug trade for so long, and watching his partner get shot in front of him, he has "broken bad". Walter killed him and has taken his place. Walter has clearly "broken bad" throughout the show. Jesse still has a good heart and a good moral conscious though, so I think at the end of the show Jesse is going to have to put Walter down, just like Walter did to Gus.
    I agree, the entire show is about Walters transformation and how he affects others. I think the writers also want to hint at the idea that nobody is purely innocent, with all the vices they have laid out for everyone. Jesse will ultimately take Walter out and retire rich. Or the writer's could get ballsy and have it be the other way around insinuating that good people do not always prevail.
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Okay, today starts E3 but since MS conference was shit, I'll post this:

a_560x0.jpg
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I was just wondering when season 5 would happen. Now that there is no more Game of thrones this will have to be the new fav.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    I don't know if I've ever been as excited for any single day in my adult life as I am for July 15th, 2012. All hail the king, baby!
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Not long now guys! 3 days.

What do you guys think the next season will be about? Can't wait to see it!
  • riot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riot polycounter lvl 11
    Can't wait for it! :)
    I really want to see what happens to Mike, how he reacts to Gus' death..
    Maybe he'll want revenge, maybe not.. who knows.
  • TimPogson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its gonna be so gooood, I heard this might be the last season please tell me I'm wrong.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    TimPogson wrote: »
    Its gonna be so gooood, I heard this might be the last season please tell me I'm wrong.

There are 8 episodes this season and in October they start shooting the final 8 episode season that will air next year.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    spoilers in link if you haven't seen season 4 :o
    http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/where-season-4-left-off-inside-breaking-bad

sadlkfjsakl;dfjl;sdjf;lksajdfl;jasf

can't wait. going to be so hard waiting week to week for new episodes :)
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Dude... I'm ready
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMFG DKLSAJKLSAJ

Magnets, bitch!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Haha yeah that was badass start to the season. Walt is becoming a monster though. He's turning into Gus :|
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Because I said so.
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stellar start of season 5.
    I loved the absurdity of the magnet-gig, and how it played off against Walt's increasing coldness.

And I wonder what that M60's for.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He's turning into Gus :|

Yeah I agree. They are definitely hinting that he is getting evil. Like when he said "because it's me". That seemed like foreshadowing him becoming the bad guy.

When Jesse gave the idea for magnets I laughed my ass off. I think Aaron Paul is a pretty fantastic actor.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    That episode was great! Seems to be kicking off to a great start. Didn't really leave a lot open for next episode though, except for the note behind Gus' photograph. Well, that and the M60.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YEAH BITCH MAGNETS OOOOOOOOOOH!

:D

Quite enjoyed that.
  • riot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riot polycounter lvl 11
    Magnets ftw!! Promising start of the new season. I really enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the next one.
    I hope in the next episode Hank will get some more attetion, I want to hear more of his jokes :D
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Ok, I gotta check this out now...
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    One thing I found weird was how Hank is all of a sudden able to walk around, just with a bit of a limp! It takes place literally hours after the events of the last season, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't able to walk properly then.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP wrote: »
    One thing I found weird was how Hank is all of a sudden able to walk around, just with a bit of a limp! It takes place literally hours after the events of the last season, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't able to walk properly then.

No he was walking. When he went up to see that guy he was able to walk. That probably was a day before he went to the burned lab.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    I finally watched the season 5 premier. It was pretty good.
    TBH I'm not sure why they spent so long recapping the last episode, and I don't like the fact that they changed the order of scenes from the season 4 finale, it's like when editors make movie trailers and mix match scenes from the beginning of the movie with scenes from the end, kind of hokey in a show. It was nice to see the gang cause some trouble at the police station but there was zero hint of Walter getting back into cooking :( .
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally watched the season 5 premier. It was pretty good.
    TBH I'm not sure why they spent so long recapping the last episode, and I don't like the fact that they changed the order of scenes from the season 4 finale, it's like when editors make movie trailers and mix match scenes from the beginning of the movie with scenes from the end, kind of hokey in a show. It was nice to see the gang cause some trouble at the police station but there was zero hint of Walter getting back into cooking :( .

Trust me. He will cook again.