Home Stickies

So what are you working on?

Replies

• Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Nice text corv, dig the moles on the back, I think some stronger highlights and shadows in some places would really make it pop.
    So an hour or two turned into next day, had to get some sleep before the midnight harry potter release. I decided to change the hues also added more color variation.
    gatewip14.jpg
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    That's really starting to come together! I really do think this would benefit from actually modelling out those columns toward the bottom rather than painting them.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    That's looking really nice, probably your best environment piece yet. I'm not a big fan of the grass overhang (the part that points upwards), maybe just reducing the size may do the trick. It just doesn't contrast well against the flat grass everywhere else.

-caseyjones
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    The unavoidable "elf with string" in pure korean mmorpg style laugh.gif

elven4.jpg
    Theres surely lots of error but it's my first attempt at "oldschool texturing" so i'll go with self indulgence for this one.
    (ignore the artefact due to alpha, maya seems to have a bad time sorting them, if you know how to prevent that tell me please.)
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    67xnklg.jpg

Bah, trying some new things. Really wip (4 quad ears!)
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Just a few FX I was working on the other day. All these were done over the course of 2 days, and are still WIP.

Sorry about the file size, but I wasn't getting good results with any more compression.

http://stupidfaceboy.com/my_fx_1.mov
  • jaalto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaalto polycounter lvl 13
    cool effects slum

I like the object teleport but black portal was the coolest one grin.gif
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    I sculpted a cute chick! wink.gif
    chick.jpg
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    lol, I wouldn't call him 'cute', but damn cool.
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    I'd like to see that chick textured and dancing like a robot. looks good!
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Agreed with Mere, really liked the black portal, Slum, and the color choices overall, good stuff. Davision, that's a hot chick.

Here's another update, modeled out some of the column areas, played with the alpha'd grass bits, and also added some more cracks/grunge/wear and tear overall. I'm still cleaning up a few things here and there, but getting close to done, if not already done, thanks for the crits, keep em comin'. Full bright screen-cap::
    gatewip15.jpg
    and one with some lights::
    gatewip16.jpg
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    the skulls are attractign too much attention , and they seem way crisper than the model , id sugest either desaturate them or give some color to the rocks, since they lack a bit of colour , like if they were set there overnight, it is in contact with grass and dirt, so maybe some indicators of those would be cool wink.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    seeing it with the lights, it feels like it's too bright, no dark shadows (in the cracks)

if u had more of the skulls brown in the grass -- and more of the grass green on the stones = coherency

overall its very nice, i think the designs are well done, but are relegated to a big-chunk-o-stuff due to lack of big-shapes definition. it just all blends into one, some harder dark shadows to separate the larger panels (and maybe some highlights to go with it) would help push things out
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Yes agree, you got a really nice work there, but now you need to add some life to it, more colors perhaps, some textures, lighting...

Some more work on the girl:

13jr2.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, per. Fixed the nose and will have an update eventually. smile.gif

Ogle, still looking good, and could still use a bit more color variation.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    Davision3D - cool chick.

jeanrenobasemesh.gif

....learning a likeness confused.gif
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    just posting this wippage:
    normals_01.jpg
    texture's in progress - needs more variation and hues/tones (blues/reds)
    crits appreciated..
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    Zbrush 3.0, i'm in love.
    lizardpunk.jpg

Progress on the elf
    elven6.jpg

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    zbrush3testcf9.jpg
    I am loving zbrush3. finally figured out the topolgy tools. great feature.
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Ruz, dig the veins and muscles in the neck, really nice.

I picked up some of the greens from the grass in the the stone and the browns from the stone in the grass as suggested, also added some deeper shadows. Thanks for the crits, they're really helping me to push this one to the finish line.
    Fullbright screencap::
    gatewip19.jpg
  • buddy the designer
    SUPER !? Get Arshes base and sculpt something instead of pimping 15 zidane's a day! This is serious.

Anyways, great work everyone!
  • NeoShroomish
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    SUPER !? Get Arshes base and sculpt something instead of pimping 15 zidane's a day! This is serious.

Anyways, great work everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's modelled from a primitive cube for christ sake
  • Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    SupRore: damn fine texture
    Davision3D: omg it has thumbs D:
    Vitor: She looks good in the front shot, but in the side she's a bit top heavy. I'd squeeze the rib cage until the butt sticks out farther than the spine.
    BeatKitano: Nice stuff. I think the elf's eyes could use some shading to set them into the head.

so slow
    nature_baby_02.jpg
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    spacey, thats sexy good!
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    for u - oogleanimations - to show u more what i meant to push big shapes out -
    shadows between the panels, and some highlights to define the bigger shapes.

its very crude bcz i used a mouse .. but i hope i got the point across

gatewip.jpg

also got lost in the shrinkage is actual moss paint growing on the stone. like not soft green hue to make the stones a little green - that works but i think actual moss.. growing here and there, really blend things u know.. and add more patches of dirt/earth without moss on the ground.. not just brownish hue.. maybe add some large flowers for color flavor too :P

spacey - very nice. plz texture her!
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    that's beautiful spacey! Any chance of getting an SDK?
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Spacey: SDK SDK SDK SDK

Meanwhile, I think I need to try something else for a change. Does this look female?
    Tenn001-1.jpg
    Tenn001_wire.jpg
    Tenn002.jpg
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    [ QUOTE ]
    Does this look female?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Try making the eyes bigger and the mouth smaller, maybe put some planes in for alpha'd eyelashes too.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    man got lost again, must got stop getting drunk so much
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Snake's old 60's M9. Still needs extra texture detail like handle grip and such and a Foxhound logo! (yeah I know gear is supposed to be obtained on field... but what do I care ha)

wip_032.png
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    almost got my get my head kicked in , got lost in a bad place in some no good town, in a small industrial estate.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    not your usual stuff pior, but looking good man
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    almost got my get my head kicked in , got lost in a bad place in some no good town, in a small industrial estate.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what you've been working on? Getting your head kicked in?

Yikes, glad everything turned out ok.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's Boss's m1911, Pior and heavily modified -- I am almost positive you can get a good look at it if you call Sigint about it ingame, it's got enough changes that you'll want to see, if you own the game.

(also, thanks, Per. Updates eventually -- and Spacey, that looks incredible.)

Edit: Hey, slow art

4q83fvp.jpg

Boring and unimpressive, but I feel bad posting here without an image.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe lot o guns...guess I will add mine to the mix.

Diffuse is close to done, then its onto spec and normal.

hk416rendr01ng6.jpg
  • NeoShroomish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pior - can we see the flats for that?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ho Suprore do you mean that Snake's gun is actually provided by Sigint? I couldn't remember for sure about the first and second mission of the game being both 'naked' or not. Or maybe you mean Boss' (female) gun? I thought it was called a Patriot but then again since I have no gun knowledge I couldn't tell if it's a fictional element or real gear.

Last time I had a broad look at the story line was by watching the subsistence re-edited 3h cutscene/movie and these little details are obviously skipped.

Anyways it's no final asset, and just a texture test so far really. Neo I'll post the flats as soon as I'm back home, I'll also try to have more interesting details put in by then like some deeper localized scratches and bumps, grip and logos. I'm no weapon person tho hence I might make tons of mistakes especially since it's just a small part of a bigger project - ie the whole BigBoss character.

!
  • larolaro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    larolaro polycounter lvl 9
    Makkon - Nice work! i feel it does looks female, nice delicate characteristics going on, but i would agree on some eyelashes.

Just some 2d stuff unfortunatly,

bibiandjuzzaog2.jpg
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    @ MAUL0r
    I will make a UT3 Player model of it. wink.gif

Spacey, go and eat some chicken wings ! wink.gif
    Btw cool character, maybe make the legs more close to each other.

@ Makkon
    I think she looks allready very female. Of course, some big eyelashes would make it also a lot more female.

Now here is the real cute chick smile.gif , atleast i hope she looks beautyfull, tried to get a stylized sharp look on this one.
    sharpgirl.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ho Suprore do you mean that Snake's gun is actually provided by Sigint? I couldn't remember for sure about the first and second mission of the game being both 'naked' or not. Or maybe you mean Boss' (female) gun? I thought it was called a Patriot but then again since I have no gun knowledge I couldn't tell if it's a fictional element or real gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's given the gun by Eva when he first meets her, but the weapon was taken by Eva from Boss (the woman, yeah)'s personal gear. That's why all of it's modifications are perfect for her and snake's CQC fighting style, which he remarks on. If I recall correctly calling Sigint about it will have some (fairly small, but potentially helpful) images of it come up in that top left corner box that usually shows who you're talking to. smile.gif
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    Finished up my final version of the NOD Soldier. Skinning in progress, pics soon

2-3.jpg
    1-3.jpg
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Scale down the head/helmet a bit.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    I don't give up ...

jeanrenowip2.jpg
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    Dizzy, I think both your chin and forehead (as well as maybe the top of the head too) need to be a bit flatter....your model is very round and I think he has a bit sharper of features...also the ear looks a lil funny, like it pops out too much

EDIT:
    think you also might want to consider nudging his lip up a tiny bit...looks too far down IMO
  • NeoShroomish
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh thanks for the info!

As said by PM I had a look at the custom MGS3 version of the gun and it looks quite horrible haha! I don't know yet if I'll go all the way, maybe I'll just add some more specific details esp if its possible with simple painted normals edits.

So far :

wip_036.png
    wip_036b.png
    That one last picture is touched up for levels and colors - nothing that a good engine couldn't do I'd say. Other than that it's max8 realtime screengrabs obviously.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/pior_ubb/wip_037.png

There is quite a bit of contrast between the old battled look of the gun itself and the brand new aspect of the silencer but I thought it kind of fits with the concept of the game - ie obtaining extra gear on field.

Flats as requested
    wip_038.png

Time for the less fun gear - water supply, codec aso.

Pew-pew!
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    That's looking badass pior !

//Private// MMh, Sephiel ask me to send my portfolio for F4. I should give it a try ! (I saw him @ Japan Expo).
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Dizzy - I noticed a few things you could address to get better likeness. Firstly, look at the jaw line. Reno's doesn't seem to be so pronounced/sharp, but blends more with the neck, if that makes sense. Lower the corners of the eyes and soften the bags under the eyes a bit. The corners of the mouth could be pulled in, and you could add some more volume to the flesh around them. The definition of underlying structure of the cheeks isn't quite there. There's a receded line that goes diagonally down the cheek, from the middle of the bag under the eye and then outwards. The indents under the cheekbone that you have on your model are too pronounced. The temples also shouldn't be convex like that - Reno is more round. Also, the flesh above upper eyelid doesn't recede in - maybe a little closer to the nose, but definitely not on the outer side of the eye, it just goes straight up to the eyebrow. The nostrils should be a bit higher up on the side of the nose (so they appear larger). The eyebrows should go a little lower. The chin might be too pointy and narrow, but it's hard to make a judgment from only one angle. Finally, the ear looks a bit stuck-on, needs to be reshaped, I'd say.

In case my rambling didn't make much sense, here I'll attempt a paintover:

jrenopaintover.jpg
This discussion has been closed.