Options
    Offline / Send Message
    did some muddy mudness
    girl5.jpg
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    looks good eq, but her torso is lookin a tad on the mannish side of the spectrum at the moment. Maybe some wider hips might help
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Wippity-Woo
    imjupiter02tz3.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-22
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    haha , excelent GAVKU ,nice one
    ... jesus what's the .... back ! ooo.gifshocked.gifooo.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I need to redo the backpack and pouches on teh belt, but this guy is going into a futuristic city scene via motionbuilder this quarter.

gunslinger2.jpg
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    @ EarthQuake
    I think her legs needs to be longer and the lower leg looks too simple.

@ gavku
    cool creature! laugh.gif It needs a really fat ass! wink.gif

@ Dekard
    Nice, there are a lot of loops you could delete and the armour on the legs looks too blocky to me.

@ conte
    I like the head, make it bigger! smile.gif
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Gavku, that's golden, keep pushing it laugh.gif
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Erathquake - think her mid torso is too thick. she has more of a male silhouette right now.
    more ins and outs required. give her some childbearing hips:)
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoilingOil polycounter lvl 16
    Just a sketch now, learning to model.
    rex.jpg
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    cool creature gavku!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Huzzah! gavku!

wonderful little critter
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Well model done i think... now trying to rig/skin her. Skin sucks!

24kz4.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vitor: i really like the style you have going on with this model man, i love the shapes in the body.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    ditto: really nice work!
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still learning, here's an update:
    rexwires.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moar sculpt, added in some AO this time too
    girl7.jpg
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    beware of penis
    43538895xr7.jpg
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Here is some work ive been doing recently, let me know what you guys think.

glowjw1.jpg
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Right now it's a bit dark, too much bloom. The textures are looking a little boring. You've basically got a solid color, with some dodge'n'burn and an overlay.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Is this a future Subway? A spaceship access coridor? A high tech lab? There is nothing in the image that tells me what it is. Also, there is no focus. I am not sure where I am supposed to look in the image. The execution seems rushed to me-- just some textures and some overlays, no real painting to bring up the small detail. It seems like you are working close to your final resolution? That is not a good idea. I usually work at 6400x4800 for this aspect ratio and merge layers or resize to 3200x2400 when my computer really starts to chug.

I like the color scheme. The walls and pillars look cool enough.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Looking good Earthquake, the area where the collar bone meets up with the deltoid and upper arm bone looks a bit strange though, as if the collar bone is ending before it gets to the shoulder. The boobs are really nice though smile.gif
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aha i see what you mean there, i'll tweak that section a bit. thanks
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    not an art pimp, but a music pimp!!!

http://www.myspace.com/easstudios

the first song that plays, is a new track from my band, being released on our EP, and an early mix. hope you like it =]
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ref :
    jeanrenoref1.jpg

challenge is over , I had not enough time to finished frown.gif, anyway here is :

jeanrenofinal.jpg

jeanrenofinal1.jpg

lot of great stuff there
    http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Hey Rick - if You are the judge , don't forget some spec. price for diZzy .... for ex. some sticker of subdivisionmodeling laugh.gif

• BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Spug: Nice work! I like the lights especially.

Finished my first model, gonna try and do normals in zbrush.

Does anybody else think the hands are too small? Since I'm already over the 500 mark, maybe I should detail them more.
    rexmeshfull.jpg
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    You can make them bigger without adding geometry to them. You'd only need to add geo if they're going to be animated, and with a 610 poly model you're probably not doing per-finger animation.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Nice effort diZzyWalnut . Slightly stylised look to it, but you can definitely tell its him
    just noticed his adams appple is way too low
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nice effort diZzyWalnut . Slightly stylised look to it, but you can definitely tell its him
    just noticed his adams appple is way too low

[/ QUOTE ]

ouuph - <u>it's my first highpoly likeness.</u> The challenge is over but I will try to finish Mr.Jean RENO anyway. (ad. some wrinkles, cell ... more details)
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    See this is why I signed up for polycount, to get good crits, because at school, most students wont say anything besides my friends.

@ Boiling Oil, thanks a lot, the I was trying to fake the lighting with some self illumination.

@ Slum and Ninjas, thanks a lot guys for the crits, and your guys posts really opened my eyes. Sometimes when your working on somthing you totatally forget to tell everyone what it is your working on, because you as the artist, you already know what it is that your making. It is a futuristic overpass, that I had to create for a class. I made the overpass symmetrical so I could cut corners, and lower the ammount of work I had. Here is a shot i took earlier without any bloom.

renderih1.jpg
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, I feel dumb now. I thought that image was a concept painting. I noticed the mirroring, but I just figured you cut and pasted. The scene looks pretty cool. I think you could still punch up the details more on the textures.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I'm probably not the best person to post comments for your work. Mainly because I'm finding it very hard to find anything to criticize. Hope you don't mind a little gushing. Oh, no, wait, I did find something to criticize. In your litte environment there, it looks like the texture you are using for the ceiling is the same one you are using for the floor. I have never been in a room that has the same texture on the floor that it has on the ceiling. (in real life) I think the current texture you are using works really well on the floor. I'd come up with a different texture for the ceiling. Also, when I look closer, I think the texture on the pillars sets them apart from the background a bit too much. It's only a slight difference, but noticeable. I think it might be that the overall color pallete differs from the wall textures. (the walls have more blue, the pillars have more yellow) The pillars don't stand out quite as much in the bottom picture, where the center texture on the wall matches with them a bit better.

Now on to the good. There's a lot of it. The textures do a great job of adding detail to a scene that is fairly geometrically simple. That is exactly how a good game level should be constructed. The overall atmosphere that the texture work sets is very nice. (good choice on lighting arrangement as well)
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    to me the highlights on the edges feel too blurry and uniform. considering how beat up the wall textures are, it contradicts. the highlight on the edges should be more beat up, and possibly softer because they look unrealisticly strong.

i like the overall atmosphere, but it is somewhat suggestive and vague in color scheme -- maybe define better which design areas are grey and which are brown; reveal big shapes and small shapes more clearly.

the designs themselves also 50-50: the columns read very well to me but the walls seem somewhat arbitrary. the 6-rectangles texture is just completely random and i'd either make it more significant (like there is something really there, some machine in the wall or something) or discard it. consider what are your design elements meant to be, how important the role they play, why are they there and what they should do anyway. the door works great, the fractal-looking next to it is a little soft and vague again, and just pops in the middleof the wall without pipes or anything connecting to the floor or the door... but its ok... the 6-rects again just feel useless.

overall i think its really good though
    you could push the designs to be more original next time
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    @ Richard Kain: Thanks a lot for the crit, it is helping me soooooooo much to hear good critique from others that are on the same page as me. I know the floor and the ceiling is the same as the floor, for i did that hoping that no one would notice lol, and cut another corner once again in the texturing process. I agree with everything you are saying, that if i change up the texture on the walls, so they are more complimentary to the pillars, that the environment would work better. Thanks again for the helpful info.

@ Shotgun: Thank you for the critique, you are right, most of the highlights are too uniform, and look symmetrical. I also agree that the designs are not that good, for this environment was modeled and textured in 2 weeks during a class. I feel if I would have had more time to actually have a conceptual art stage of designing the level, that it would have turned out better.

Thanks again for the info, for this will help me as an artist. I am open to all types of criticisms, good, bad, and ugly...I just cant stand the...i don't like it...or...its good...I'm open to anything. Thanks again.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Fuse: that bottom lip really has the "Angelina Jolie" look to it. Keep in mind lip have planes to them and aren't big bubbles of skin. You should tuck in that bottom lip a bit and have some semi-hard edges to define where the lip changes.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, the bottom lip is still really wrong. I completely don't understand the forms around the mouth, either. It just seems like random blobbing. If you're going to exaggerate the forms around the mouth, it'd look a lot better to stick with natural anatomy. I apologize for the low quality of this, but I did a really simple paintover to show what I mean:

67pfa8o.jpg

The way I learned it was that the forms directly around the mouth were somewhat of a 'donut' shape -- low at the corner of the mouth, high in a circle around that, and then low again at the edges. In practice it's a lot more angular, but as it is your detail is really breaking the natural flow of the face.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Been working on a weapon model, heres some progress on the clip for it. The final texture UV is 2048x2048, and this is a small part of the texture, thats why it appears to be mapped with a lot of wasted space (The space is filled on the real texture):

clip_final_small.jpg
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    holy moly, such high resolution really necessary ?
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I made it thumbnail because of moaners.
    B) Yes, it is. Next question?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I can't see all the scratches in that clip, could you make the image larger and replace the thumbnail? Opening a separate window is too troublesome. Never sacrifice detail for internet etiquette.
    <font color="#00254a">Translation: Stop being an ass. </font>
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All my FPV weapons that i make use 2048's, considering that its a model thats directly in front of your view, for 100% of the game, yeah. That resolution really is needed. Now If the detail he actually has in his texture is enough to warrant that size? Dunno, but lowres normals look like SHIT in FPV.

Fuse: Just scrap those lips and start over, honestly they are so bad is not even funny.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    ramdy1zt4.th.jpg
    Long time no pimp heh

just getting a feel for Zbrush 3, based loosely on Randy Orton as he's got an interesting face- gonna try out the topology tool as well and see if I can make a bouncer out of him at some point.

Taken a bit longer than an hour thus not in the 1hr mudbox thread (add another hour or so, restarted the ears so many times it's not funny any more hehe) and just faffing with the tools and stuff.

Probably post it in it's own thread once I figure out what I want to do exactly smile.gif
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    The scratches are too uniform on that clip. They look painted smirk.gif

This site has some old vietnam era clips for sale on it with nice big images. Linky
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    This is a work in progress...I am laying out the basic shape and form of the character until I get to the immese detail. Some of the shapes of the character isnt smoothened out right now, but here is my work so far.

22856702fi1.jpg

54742665se0.jpg
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    why is it a fallout sculpt?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i've been using 2048s for all the fpv / fps weapons i've been doing lately. Reason like mentioned before it's on screen 100% of the time so the weapons become the character.

Thats the best way I can think of it.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I think he was going with 2048 for the whole weapon, and some folks assumed he actually meant 2048 for the clip.
This discussion has been closed.