I’ve been a little quiet on the modelling front recently - I am working for a games company on a project that is right up my street. I am thrilled at the opportunity to work on a great hand-painted project. I can’t share any of the work I am doing for them (yet), but I did finish up the Wildstar feast I have been working on recently! (more pictures etc on my website at allyalbon.com)
I am a huge fan of Cory Loftis’ style, and Wildstar is just stunning visually - The table is also by Cory for Frozen, I believe. The butterfly is just for an extra touch of fun.
Finished the Pony Guards
I originally modelled these guys just over a year ago, when I was shiny and new to 3d but just had to try making something My Little Pony related (they were my favourite toys as a kid). I finished the project but didn’t post it as I had moved on to other things, and I wasn’t too happy with the texturing but I was too new to know how to fix it. Fast forward a year and I realised I never completed the project. The models were decent, but needed better topology and serious retexturing - I sensed a challenge, and the boys needed to see daylight!
I particularly liked making the crocuses.
Final presentation finally up on my website for Artstation’s “The Journey” challenge - http://www.allyalbon.com/the-journey
This was such a fun project, and it was actually really useful to work to constraints, had to make executive choices and speed things up/not tweak to absolute perfection. I am really happy with the outcome and hope that Artstation decide to have another challenge soon…!
I am joining in the June Polycount challenge – I just couldn’t resist this nasty, nasty thing! (concept by http://www.simonstalenhag.se/)
Would be a great prop to start learning Substance Painter with.