Home General Discussion

What made you feel crap today?

Replies

• Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    tahakitan wrote: »
    scartch that, a critic lmao. at least they were honest.
    Take it the good way, you got a critic from someone as amazing as hazardous, you're damn lucky :)
  • rory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rory polycounter lvl 5

@deathstick sorry to hear about your dog, that's a rough one.
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    My horoscope said to cause a little mischief; I did just that :) Obviously nothing that is illegal.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    rory wrote: »
    Was told two horrifying words "more surgery."

@deathstick sorry to hear about your dog, that's a rough one.

For what, been through 3 myself lol so i feel ya
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    having one nut removed due to a TC. sucks.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Squats and Lunges, dreadful.
  • rory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rory polycounter lvl 5
    For what, been through 3 myself lol so i feel ya

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    rory wrote: »
    Recently had surgery on an abscess. (was my 1st) More surgery related to it.

Knee Surgery for me lol
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bought a new (new) car and went to get the windows tinted. They messed up two of the windows and had to get it redone. When they were redoing it they got water behind my dash and burnt out some electronics. After all that, on my first actual day of driving it to work I got a chip in the windsheild :-/
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What kind of car ?

Who did your tinted windows; this man ?
    UoyoR27.gif
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    any sort of surgery sucks, cos you have to change your life for a while. i had to stop working out for a month, had to eat differently, started to get slimmer, etc. now that i got back to the gym, damn, feels like ive never been there in the first place. slowly im gaining momentum again.

i got cut on my belly and scrotum, and it takes a long time for the muscle tissue to fully recover. so yea, gotta wait.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Designing this.... on purpose...

Sm0MO2P.gif
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    holllyywoooooooooooooood!!!
    Rantasmo-HollywoodMontrose768.jpg
    approves
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    shitty fuckin clients mang!
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    ...bugger, I think the PSU is on its way out & I haven't the necessary moolah in the piggy bank too buy another ATM...which pretty much sucks! :/
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    not having enough space on ma ssd for windows 10 :(
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    getting two wisdom teeth removed after they were preventing my mouth from opening all the way with the pain they were causing. Now it's owie owie ow ow ow these pain killers make me dizzy and I hope I don't get dry socket.
  • lamb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamb polycounter lvl 7
    Having a shitty visual imagination. Any good exercise to force myself to think more in images?
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamb wrote: »
    Having a shitty visual imagination. Any good exercise to force myself to think more in images?

I'd just keep looking at different types of artwork personally to jog some ideas. Going outside is also a good way to gain inspiration from real-life forms and objects. Reading might also help in terms of being able to visualize something through words alone, which you can than translate to imagery. Reading things like history, random scientific developments, technology, anatomy, animals, city planning and development, etc. can also help if you're looking for a specific piece of inspiration. Basically everything in art is either a reaction to a real-world form or experience, or a counter-reaction to other art already created, so by filling your head with both it'll help you pull from a "visual database."

Just my thoughts anyways.
  • Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    Wisdom teeth really suck (atleast if they have to be removed). I think I got 3 or 4 of them removed about a year ago. I couldn't do anything useful for days and that awful blood/water mix in the mouth is gross.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    junior artist just quit, it was the right decision, still makes me sad.

probably first and last junior for a while
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Sent a e-mail to Samsung today about one of their SSDs I had bought and used for over 6 months, which caught on fire and damaged my other SSD and the fan of my GTX 970 graphic card. :( Lost all my data on them and I'm now stuck with a GeForce 7600 GT until I found out how and who will replace them and if I'm gonna be stuck with the cost. My two newest investments and they got damaged. :P

First time I ever had something actually catch on fire, never happened before in the 24 years I owned and build computers.

EDIT: On the 'bright' side, I got a cold, so I cant smell the burned plastic smell in my room most of the time. ;)
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    McGreed wrote: »
    Sent a e-mail to Samsung today about one of their SSDs I had bought and used for over 6 months, which caught on fire and damaged my other SSD and the fan of my GTX 970 graphic card. :( Lost all my data on them and I'm now stuck with a GeForce 7600 GT until I found out how and who will replace them and if I'm gonna be stuck with the cost. My two newest investments and they got damaged. :P

Damn, I feel for ya. How on earth does a SSD catch on fire?
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg wrote: »
    Damn, I feel for ya. How on earth does a SSD catch on fire?
    I have no idea, the damage happened around the power cable, so maybe power overload? Its just weird because it didn't happen anywhere else, the rest of the computer is fine (except for the smell and where the fire touched). And it worked fine for 6 months, but did notice that I had slowdowns often lately whenever it was reading/writing to disk (especially when using browser, maybe the catch).
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neighbors playing music until almost 2am; disrespectful $#%#$%.  I loathe my neighbors for many similar reasons, in just the past year alone.
    As well, there is a mouse running around where I live, I saw it with my own eyes; bastards are fast.
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I'm working in a small vfx & animation company, which is making their first game. I'm working on characters along with other prop modeling, but the artstyle is cartoon/stylized. More towards the cartoon style though. Also, no "HP, LP and baking (normals)" workflow with props either, because I think they take the optimization a little bit too seriously, even though it'll be a multi-platform game including a mobile platform. :P

First of all, my biggest passion is to study anatomy and create characters with stylized realism or just realism with proper anatomy. But at work, I'll just have to manage with minimal anatomy and details and it's frustrating to create characters without proper anatomical foundation. Constantly smoothing all of the "unnecessary" stuff away to keep my art director happy.

Well, I'm happy that I have a job that pays and it's game related, but gosh... I'll definitely need to work like crazy on my free time to ACTUALLY create cool stuff, and possibly get AAA studio job as soon as my portfolio has better stuff.

Briefly said, I partially like working there, but my ambition to grow as an artist is much, much, much higher.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    forgot to lift my ass up from my chair for 15 hours, and now it hurts so fucking much i'm afraid of the pain that will happen when I stand up.
  • ambelamba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
    I spent 700 bucks to buy a used Dell laptop, which has GTX 960M with 4GB VRAM. And now I wonder if I can make any good use of it. I already have a pretty capable desktop, but my bad spending habit made me buy the laptop so that I can do stuff on the go.

I feel crappy when I spend a lot of money on something with unclear prospect...
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Got the art test right,but papers killed.It would be fine if this was the first time but it's the fucking fourth time that i don't get a job because of papers.Guess that's what you get when you're born in Africa :(
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I opened this downer thread.

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Fansub what do you mean by papers? just curious
    Arkaria - hope birdy is ok
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool

Diploma related to what i want to do is required by the immigration services.Plus I live in Africa and it's much more harder to actually relocate someone from here either because there is not embassy of X country I wanted to relocate to or because Africa is one hell of a lazy ass when it comes to keeping up with western countries in the administration process.

Wouldn't mind if that was the first time,i think most of us have at least failed one art test,or administration process.What sucks is that it happened to me five times in a row for the last three years.I've only applied to six places so far (never liked to apply too much) so this might explain that.
  • Catzcratch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Catzcratch polycounter lvl 6
    Fansub said:

Diploma related to what i want to do is required by the immigration services.Plus I live in Africa and it's much more harder to actually relocate someone from here either because there is not embassy of X country I wanted to relocate to or because Africa is one hell of a lazy ass when it comes to keeping up with western countries in the administration process.

Wouldn't mind if that was the first time,i think most of us have at least failed one art test,or administration process.What sucks is that it happened to me five times in a row for the last three years.I've only applied to six places so far (never liked to apply too much) so this might explain that.
    well that sucks . i know how you feel man , a studio contacted me and the process took about 5 months . in the end they said my VISA was rejected and it wasn't just me . it was a lot of rejections to people with the same nationality as mine at that time .
    keep at it man . your work is pretty awesome I'm sure it'll pay off in the end
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Thanks for the support ! and i always try to keep in mind that things could have been worse,especially given that i was born and grew in Africa.
    No matter how tough things are,i always tell myself that it could be worse,and as long as i have the privilege of sitting on a desk for hours without having bombs raining on my head or starving to death,then things are just fine.
    They could and should be improved,but it's no red alert or anything.

• ambelamba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I felt like crap because I didn't manage my schedule efficiently.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently trying to figure out how to deal with timezones in PHP and SQL database and my brain is just not dealing with it well. I feel like running away.
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Been sick for now more than 2 week

• littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Summer is here time for some portfolio work.......say no more :(
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    some wrong spellings and grammars on two cover letters I sent ... FML
    whjy always happen, last year I reply person with wrong name... and she never came back...
    T_T

• RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Going to get my A Level results in a few hours. Been wanting to go to a certain university and course for a few years and I get to see if I have made it or not tomorrow. :(

Edit: Made it!
  • Flynny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    RobeOmega said:
    Going to get my A Level results in a few hours. Been wanting to go to a certain university and course for a few years and I get to see if I have made it or not tomorrow. :(
    Whatever happens remember this, University and College don't dictate were you will go in life.
    They may make things slightly easier but with determination you'll get to where you need to be via the most interesting path.

Good luck!
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The dark force did another sneak attack and got Carrie Fisher after all. :(http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/carrie-fisher-princess-leia-in-star-wars-dead-at-60-w457713
    Damnit, 2016, can't you just die off without take anymore with you! :(

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    ...... Famous ppl just gonna keep dying for the next... well, next eternity. If anyone think death will stop after the first Dawn of 2017, I'm sorry.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    80% of the day is gone (doing stuff for other people-i dont mind but then again do a little) and i have yet to make art stuffs. :(
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    I'm stick as hell and I start a new job in another country in a week 
  • ambelamba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coffee after a cheap energy drink. No more energy drink...
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    New fashion jewelry in China, animals living under plastic containing a liquid nutrient and oxygen that allows them to live up to 2 months.
    I saw this shit in Hong Kong a few years ago. Utterly disgusting product. You really gotta have a sick mind to come up with a product like this
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please delete, my rant is over :disappointed:
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
     I spent 4 hours skinning a model before I realized it was the wrong version without the mouth cavity.... >,<