Home General Discussion

What made you feel crap today?

Replies

• wirrexx
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Obscura said:
    My cat got very sick. She has to be taken to the vet every day until she gets better because I can't do the treatment alone because its painful for her.  Poor little animal. My hearts breaking man. :'(

<3<3
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    my 6h 3d print failed when it was nearly finished :(

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    That sucks Obscura , hope she gets better soon. mine are getting old as well now
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Today I read about the The Oubliette – ‘Forgotten Chamber’, a caged pit at the bottom of a dungeon which was used to keep prisoners in horrific captivity.

Sometimes lords would starve the victim, or, perhaps if they were unlucky given the circumstances, they would have just enough food and drink thrown down to them to survive dreadfully. This was doubtlessly worse than a swift end as the victim was kept alive for months or even years in the dark, losing one’s sanity. Oubliettes were narrow pits in which the prisoner had little room to do anything but sit there and contemplate the horrendous situation they had found themselves in, and in many cases the latrine overflow would also add an extra element of torture. 
    When they did die, the deceased’s corpse was sometimes left to rot. This would attract vermin, and the presence of rats and a half-devoured and rotting body would act as a brutal addition to the terror inspired by the oubliette when its next victim arrived. As a result, many examples of oubliettes have been discovered with the skeletal remains of an assortment of victims whose bones were never removed from them.

Source - https://www.historydefined.net/oubliette/#google_vignette

The Dungeon in the County Gaol Warwick - Our Warwickshire

Medieval Torture The Horrific History of the Oubliette

• cookepuss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cookepuss polycounter lvl 11
    Not sad, but annoyed. Went to the pharmacy this morning. Had to deal with a guy behind the counter who decided to flex the tiniest bit of power at his disposal. Decided to do what HE wanted instead of what his boss told him to do. Got into a heated argument. Ruined my entire mood for the day.
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Leaving 3D to study as a programmer. Sad, because I did the wrong choices in my career by hunting money instead of experience. Should have landed in a big studio with less money and had someone that could have acted as a mentor. Instead of Moving so fast and leaving with a bad taste.