Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

the *ART JAM* - please join in :)

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Great stuff everyone, very awesome submissions :)

Tom - Cheers for the note about Topology, have tweaked it quite a bit, think I could have made it a lot better but will keep it in mind for the next model, time is of the essence :D Prob won't finish texture in time for Fri but has been fun working on it this week:

J1Fecjy.jpg
  • Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bonkahe polycounter lvl 12
    Torch wrote: »
    Great stuff everyone, very awesome submissions :)

Tom - Cheers for the note about Topology, have tweaked it quite a bit, think I could have made it a lot better but will keep it in mind for the next model, time is of the essence :D Prob won't finish texture in time for Fri but has been fun working on it this week:

J1Fecjy.jpg

Don't stop man! it didn't take me to long to do that simple texture I got, yours is much larger model sure but even a base texture will bring it to life. Even if you don't finish the texture in time, that's a amazing model, especially considering the time constraints.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    @ crazyfool : Thanks for the feedback man :thumbup:. Since I am taking him further I think I will have to move those "sternocleidomastoid" muscles.... hahahah wow what great word instantly adds glasses and IQ points :).
    Your guy is looking killer, soo much character you have really nailed the style. My only sticking point would be that perhaps his shoulders are little too wide? maybe?

@ ScudzAlmighty : Great work Mr. Reminds me of Bill Compton from True Blood.

@ Torch : haha you are going all the way with that guy! AWESOME.

Forgot to post this up here yesterday. Not really any more to show yet but I did figure out who or what he is.

wip03n.jpg

Keep em coming guys and girls...... This thread is the best Jerry....... the best.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Think Im calling him done, its gone a bit realistic haha but oh well. gotta be the fastest cloth sculptin Ive done everrrrr haha.

tp_dishonored_003.jpg

Weish - that is awesome man, please MOARRRRR!!!!!!

Carter - lovely bake and model, would be cool to see some wires :)

Speed87 - looks like a real solid base, might help to make the cloth extra thick to fit with the style possibly

Mats effect - looks lovely, some material definition or harsher lighting could send it over the edge maybe

Bonkahe - cool gif :) I think be careful of your cheek bones as they curl around the face a bit at the moment, studying planes of the face could help

alifarsangi - keeps getting better and better haha, hope to see you in future jams

Andreas - looking great so far, be careful not to make them too uniform or they will come across as fake, they are looking really good though,

Scudz - cheers man, Be careful of the outer brow maybe on yours as it pulls in a bit unnaturally at the moment.

Dado Almeida - love them dude, the dirty whalers haha. That last one is rocking it too

Stromberg90 - I got my fingers crossed you get the time to finish haha, maybe watch the strap as it has a funny angle on the bit that hangs.

Tehsplatt - yea instantly recognisable :)

EtotheRic - looking good, I think just be careful of the area between cheek bone and ear, it shouldnt go in there really.

Gilesruscoe - nice, got a bit of civil war feel to him, you could probably push the style a bit more but I like the forehead, the central brow maybe dips too much.

Jeff Parrot - thats really cool, love the style you have going on, makes it look really sweet and heart warming haha. lovely palette choice.

mat - thats wicked haha, got a castlevania vibe to me at the moment.

Torch - you are so mad to do a whole character haha, I think the loops around the upper arm could still go straighter and maybe some more edgeloops around the shoulder for deformation but yea probably best to try it on the next one.

Duncan - Brachio radialus is another gooden haha, hes looking sweeeeeeet :) will be interesting to see where you take him.

Fantastic stuff guys :) you guys are rockin it!!!!!!
  • Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @CrazyFool - Thanks man, yeah I should probably have used more references, but live and learn. I'm done with this one guys, see you on the other side. For anyone wondering, cghub's a pretty good place to host images, still using dropcanvas for the gifs cause of their size and all.

PS: I know I could have used 1024x1024 textures and probably got close to the same result, and I would have, but I figured I'm not actually gonna put this in a game, its just a bust, so what the heck.
    502_max.jpg
    Turntable.gif
  • alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    everyone got pretty good works so far !

thanks ScudzAlmighty & Bonkahe for feedback ! i changed overall texture and material setting !
    So here is my Double Final Render for Corvo's mask !

14t0bdc.jpg

vh3knp.jpg
  • Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    everyone got pretty good works so far !

thanks ScudzAlmighty & Bonkahe for feedback ! i changed overall texture and material setting !
    So here is my Double Final Render for Corvo's mask !

14t0bdc.jpg

vh3knp.jpg
    Love the changes man, more grime and much better material definition.
  • Carter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carter polycounter lvl 12
    DisWip2.jpg

Some great looking stuff here! Almost done with this, clocking in at 1484 tris will take a look at it tomorrow
  • ladyknowles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ladyknowles polycounter lvl 7
    Everything's looking great guys! Think I'll respond when I have more time.

All textured, still WIP in some places (Specially that marble) but there ya go:

MLdLpGg.jpg
  • W1r3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    W1r3d polycounter lvl 17
    I'll be finishing this tomorrow after work.

props_dishonored_zpse12db876.png
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so for the ghibli theme you can do anything ghibli has done ?
  • Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Makecg - I think it will probably be like this one, where its anything having to do with the subject, I think I'm going to do something different, 2D or hand painted at least. I'm tired of throwing around millions of polys.
  • weisheng
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weisheng polycounter lvl 9
    mat: awes dude, please post more ^^
    crazyfool: always a fan of your work sir, very awesome
    guedin: super fun man, i love it!
    scudz: progressing awesome man : D

decided to tidy this up a smidgen
    diso02.jpg
  • afisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    so much awesome in this thread!
    weish, crazyfool, duncan, TehSplatt, ladyknowles: Great stuff!!

I couldn't resist and had to join in the fun :)

dishonoredguardafisher.jpg

dishonoredguardzbafishe.jpg

and a timelapse if anyone's interested:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMV0U46w4Q"]Dishonored Guard Sculpt - YouTube[/ame]
  • Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weisheng wrote: »
    mat: awes dude, please post more ^^
    crazyfool: always a fan of your work sir, very awesome
    guedin: super fun man, i love it!
    scudz: progressing awesome man : D

decided to tidy this up a smidgen
    diso02.jpg

Could we by any chance get a texture flat?
  • benj666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great work everyone. Dont think i have time to enter this one. But i think ill defo do something for the next one :)

Good job guys! \o/
  • dchung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dchung polycounter lvl 11
    ScudzAlmighty - thanks for the pointers, yeah i had to go back and tried to push the shapes a bit more in the face , hopefully its a bit more dishonoredified now :P

Crazyfool- Hello :) Good call on the clothes , should try to not use dynamesh so much for stuff like that next time , or probably do a quick retopo for that ;) The way you handled the cloth is super awesome. So much character.

Jeff Parrot - Such an interesting Idea there , maybe pop out the highlights more on the heart .

mat - looks pretty cool for an hour and half dude, maybe you could decrease the collar size slightly , unless you're stylizing it :)

Torch- O_0 you so fast dude .pls finish the textures.

duncan - Love the proportions on this guy , some nice harder edges in the body to fit the dishonored style would be killer.

Bonkahe - Nice final and textures , eyes could be a lil less flat , if you have the upper eyelid slightly overlapping the lower eyelid , and having them harder . Till the next one :)

alifarsangi - NIce mask :D maybe the wires and cords holding it together could have a bit more tension and variation in thickness .

Carter - woot , so nice , maybe some painterly strokes here and there.

Lady Knowles- Nice textures , so cool .

Weisheng - Love dat diffuse.

Afisher -THis is awesome , thanks for the timelapse :D

Dishonored%202.jpg
  • Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Here is my sculpt for the jam! I love the idea of weekly projects and I am really excited for this. Everyone is doing some wicked art!
    w-Dishonored_NatalieBrash.png
  • FarAway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone,

first let me introduce me. My name is Sebastian and I´m a freelance artist from germany.

I was happy to see another art thread from crazyfool, after I had a lot of fun in the daily sculpting thread at GA.
    I hope I´ll find enough time to participiate in a few themes.

The quality of work by everyone, produced in one week, is absolutely stunning.

I decided to sculpt the strange horse. I don´t know if it´s really in the game, but I like the concept.

Looking forward to ghibli week...

farawaydishonoredweb.jpg
  • battlecow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
    Tried to get closer to the style but failed. Have to call it done.

oy gov'nor

fkrausedishonoredthugdo.jpg
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    This thread is fantastic! Amazing work everyone! DAMN!
  • Graze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Graze polycounter lvl 6
    Well I am having another go at this, going for an extreme expression. Its very early days so i will make it more angular and add some more clothes, hair, glasses etc. awesome work everyone.

wipguy.jpg
  • teggs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my sculpt for the art jam. I don't think I will be able to make much more progress on it by tomorrow but I am looking forward to the next art jam. Thanks for organizing the Art Jam Friday's crazyfool. Awesome work everyone!

cjvUy8V.jpg
  • SPYFF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SPYFF polycounter lvl 10
    Very nice works all around, and great art jam idea!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    untitled.png

Whelp... I got fed up with this almost straight away; no idea why. Maybe cause I've not played the game. End result is disastrous but just need to be done with it. Hope the idea is conveyed anyways. :) Planned to do droplets of blood on the crossbow bolt and use a smarter camera angle but feck it, I'm done with it. Had a wake-up call or two along the way too re: how far my organic modelling skills have slipped. I'm just a hobbyist these days but still. So gonna take it as lesson learned and practice these things more.

Great work everyone! Some amazing busts here. Lady, your entry is my favourite. :) Really nice colour harmony. For an artist who has only been at it for as long as you have it's pretty clear you're going places. :)

See you guys for Ghibli tomorrow.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks crazyfool and dchung! Really awesome week in here. Tons of variety and ideas. Awesome inspiration and start to this. I'm call this done. All hand painted in 3D Coat. It's 343 polys or something around there.

iheartyou_004.jpg
  • Cecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow! everyone's stuff looks so good.

So, I have never posted any work on Polycount before, but this looked fun so I thought I would join in. I am still pretty new to Zbrush and learning how to do stuff in it, but this is my attempt at making something Dishonored themed. I had a lot of fun doing this and am looking forward to the other art jams.

front2sw.jpg
    34th2.jpg
    side2eu.jpg
  • Carter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carter polycounter lvl 12
    aaaaand I'm done, great work everyone! Looking foward to the Ghibli one now

DisFinal.jpg
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    awesome work guys, last minute participation on my side :D made this sculpt tonight
    i`ll put a timelapse up tomorrow

PC1_Dishonored_LESLIEVDB.jpg

PC1_Dishonored_2_LESLIEVDB.jpg
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That looks absolutely nothing like Dishonored's style, but still a wicked sculpt;)
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teessider polycounter lvl 11
    This is one hell of an awesome thread! :D *hits subscribe button*
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    i havnt played the game so i went with the images i found online . The main thing i tried to do is get that hard facialplanes look in there but its hard to get the balance right. Maybe i`ll tweak it a bit tomorrow
  • Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    So much amazing work here... I especially like your work Weisheng, you kept the art direction while being very low poly.
    I really adored this game, it would be a shame if I hadn't join the fun, and I had plenty of it while doing my modest contribution.

abrvptdishonoredjam.jpg

Not sure if i'll be part of the Ghibli's Jam though ^^ But I'll keep my eyes on your work guys.
  • W1r3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    W1r3d polycounter lvl 17
    I hope to make some more tweaks to this tomorrow.

Beauty_zps8ea758fb.png
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
    Lol, I thought a woman would be easier than a man (not the reason I did it) but getting it to look womanly and dishonoredly wasn't that easy. Hope I got it rite. Anyway, tried to present it nicely lol:

3105203811-orig.jpg

Some cool art in here; I especially like dat whale, frump. I haven't seen them in game yet, but that looks so cool
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Well I got a late start with this yesterday, but I wanted in on the Dishonored theme. Decided to try my hand at painting an older Empress Emily Kaldwin, as I really liked her character in the game.

BnsB5pz.jpg

E_Kaldwin_s2.png
  • Omega89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omega89 polycounter lvl 7
    Love Dishonoured, the focus on the heavy frowns reminded me a lot of DBZ so I had a quick go at mashing the two together. Not sure it's that successful but I had fun :)

oIrW2fD.jpg

Then got a bit jealous of all the awesome sculpts here so tried real fast to knock something together before bed - sadly I need sleep but here's something I might finish over the weekend.

dRfQ4CM.jpg
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
    thats so sick omega..
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Omega: Thats pretty awesome, would love to see a Dishonored Vegeta.
    Two Listen: Aside from Samuel, Emily was the only character I liked.
    Brwnbread: I think you got it! I noticed a lot of the characters have slightly rat-like features, so good job
    Abrvpt: You NAILED it!
    Ravenslayer: Gotta agree with Scudz, its very well done but I think you took the stylization too far. I think you just over-enlarged the facial features, a lot of the characters seem to have beady little eyes.
    Here's mine, I had a lot of fun with this! I'll get around to posting a better render. Maybe instead of doing Ghibli I'll take this guy to low-polydishonored.png
  • akacg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg polycounter lvl 12
    dishonored-sculpt.jpg

Here is mine. I think I messed up the hair...
    next time ill actually render hopefully.
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang polycounter lvl 11
    Hey guys,
    My first post on polycount =D
    Was debating whether to go bed or not, but knocked something off in about 2hrs, didnt want to miss the chance =)

1_zps99b7d76e.jpg
  • rockguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This sounds so cool , sadly Im not a character artist myself , and my schedule is filled , but I gladly visit the thread , maybe give some feedack and gasp at the awesome art.

Good luck.
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Two Listen Thats awesome! it looks like the paintings in game haha sokolovs paintings
  • K-O-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just found out about this group today, stoked at all this art here! Here is my jam.

8433869443_3e4d67cff4_b.jpg
  • akacg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg polycounter lvl 12
    LRoy- Thanks a lot I will try to follow through with this next time thanks for the response.
    and awesome sculpt of course. Looks sweet!
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    fantastic work everyone, thats it for 'dishonored' but if you are still going then feel free to post your updates in here still as we all want to see them :)

this weeks theme is.....

GHIBLI........

so remember you can do whatever you want aslong as it somehow relates to the theme,
  • battlecow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
    Guess I might share this with you all :)
    There's tons of reference here, from sets, character sheets and vehicule designs and concept art on this site
    http://www.buta-connection.net/galeries/galeries.php

croquis_25.jpg
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally Ghibli Anime right? LOL
    Heres some stuff I did so far working on more.

spirited_away_sculpt.jpg

noface_monster1.jpg
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    We've been jammed.... Raspberry!

Has anyone had luck using Applink in z4R5? I get an error about some text file.

(Edit)
    Part 4
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK3tOFujmyk&feature=player_detailpage"]Weekly Jam - Dishonored, Pt. 4 - YouTube[/ame]
    Part 5
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAepluDak2s&feature=player_detailpage"]Weekly Jam - Dishonored, Pt. 5 - YouTube[/ame]

I think next time I do videos I'm just going to splice them all together and post one at the end.

WJ_Week1_Sculpt.jpg
    WJ_Week1_TexturedSculpt.jpg

@crazyfool - Thanks for the feedback! I fixed his cheekbones, then covered them in hair. I swear I fixed it though!
  • Elod.H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elod.H polycounter lvl 11
    Hello people,

Here is what I came up with for the Dishonored challenge.

Thanks again for the idea, had loads of fun working on this + have learnt a few things.

GsANItA.jpg

RdgjXxp.jpg

I've got a question though: would 4k tris for this weapon be acceptable in a game like Dishonored? Thank you