Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I've seen the guy in other things, and I think he's ok, but they are giving him a terrible script/role. It really feels like they wanted to add someone, but really didn't have a role for him, so they try to make him fit.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    notman wrote: »
    I've seen the guy in other things, and I think he's ok, but they are giving him a terrible script/role. It really feels like they wanted to add someone, but really didn't have a role for him, so they try to make him fit.
    It's been like 2 episodes. We don't even know what their purpose is yet.

We could have said that last year about Miles, Faraday, Charlotte, and Lepidus, but those guys have been great additions.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Daaark wrote: »

We could have said that last year about Miles, Faraday, Charlotte, and Lepidus, but those guys have been great additions.

in my opinion it just feels too late to add new main characters. I realize they try to do it every season but jesus, how do you explain all the shit that's happened so far to them? I hope they're just bait. bah. I don't like em either so far.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Ok so I just had this thought.

If I was Sun, hanging out on the beach looking for answers wouldn't I notice the fact that Locke is now alive when he was dead? At least notice this fact before I saw Ben walking into the woods.

I mean Locke saw Ben in the infirmary and the episode ended. He told the one chick he was dead (clothes he was buried in). I would think that a rumor of a crazy man claiming to have died would spread pretty fast. I hope we get some episode with some time between Ben waking up from the infirmary and Locke leaving the infirmary. It seems as though Locke would want to warn Sun about Ben's deception.

Maybe I'm missing something.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah they didn't quite reveal that yet. I was wondering that as well.

I assume locke went off somewhere and no one has seen him or some crap.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    That episode is probably coming up soon enough Saiden311. Ben is now hurt and will end up in the infirmary where Locke found him and told him that that's the man who killed me... so in Sun's timeline we haven't went over that just yet.

Ben wasnt hurt bad during the crash until Sun knocked him out, so they will probably take him to the infirmary now. and it will catch up with the Sun timeline.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dekard wrote: »
    That episode is probably coming up soon enough Saiden311. Ben is now hurt and will end up in the infirmary where Locke found him and told him that that's the man who killed me... so in Sun's timeline we haven't went over that just yet.

Ben wasnt hurt bad during the crash until Sun knocked him out, so they will probably take him to the infirmary now. and it will catch up with the Sun timeline.

That's an interesting theory. It would have to be revealed that someone else followed them all off into the woods (which could certainly be likely), because Ben snuck off and Sun followed, the captain only followed moments after. So unless there was a train of people maybe no one would know Ben was knocked out?

Considering the extent of the crash and the fact that Ben was already 'hurt' it seems to me, more likely that Ben was in the infirmary immediately following the crash.

But yes, definitely missing information either way. We're supposed to get a multiple episode story arc involving the younger Ben. So maybe some more will be revealed.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Even if they were GREAT, I'd really prefer they stop adding people. Faraday was somewhat important. Miles and Charlotte... not so much. Frank was only necessary to have a pilot to get Faraday to the island. They at least felt as though they served a purpose in the storyline. My problem is, we're going to have to see the flashbacks for these people now. Which will become filler episodes. Which will keep the story from advancing and thus delaying any explanations/answers.

To the other points: I don't think Sun and Locke have crossed paths yet. Ben/Sun took off pretty quickly to go to that other island. Frank wasn't around either when Locke was walking around the beach. He may have been thrown out into the jungle, like Jack was in the first season. Hell, they found Christians casket WAY in the jungle.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy shit that was awesome....
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Funny, the minute Sawyer and Co went back in time I thought 'It's going to be fun watching them fuck up the past' haha

And it has been!
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    best line.

"3 years and no car on fire, you've been here for 1 day and cars are on fire" (or something to that effect)

I can't believe they actually went through with him shooting Ben. He can't be dead though, I think it would cause too many loopholes. I bet Richard Alpert finds him and that's when the mentoring for the purge happens. There's probably some tie-ins with John and Richard knowing about the time travel properties of the island. And the next few episodes might be about Ben learning about the island while being on his own/with Richard.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    Not sure about this (because he certainly isn't who I had in mind for Jacob)...

But the Dharma interrogator they introduced last night:

*Lived in a tent away from society
    *Had no access to electricity or modern technology
    *Had some glass jars behind him in one shot

Jacob:

*Lives in a cabin away from society
    *Has no access to electricity or modern technology
    *Had some glass jars up on the window ledge in one shot that the camera seemed to focus on

And wasn't the Dharma leader's "nose bleeding ghost" building Jacob a cabin at one point?

These things may not point to the interrogator as being Jacob...but there are some similarities.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Didn't notice that before, Miles. Good catch. For the cabin though, Horace was building that as a getaway spot for him and his wife.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Nice one Miles!

Good episode. Some great writing, some shit writing. Also, Sayid thinks hes saving a lot of aggro in the future by killing Ben now, but he's pretty much guaranteed the others will take him in now, as dead people don't seem to stay very dead when around the others. Silly Sayid. Also I just noticed this episode Sayids bounty hunter is kinda hawt...still wondering what Caesars story is though.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good episode. Finally some action and fun twists again. I think the gunshot is how Ben finds out about the island's healing powers, like I think Saidin was getting at. I really hope they don't spend too much more time on this love twist BS though.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree. Less love more time paradoxes!

I still believe that they're going with the 'linear unchanging time' theory here, where they can't really change anything because it's already been changed. Nothing they can do hasn't already been done by them before their original 'present' time.

To be honest I'm still a little stunned that the webpage that was floating around a year or two ago that claimed to understand all of the island's secrets reducing to time travel was bang on.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    I can't believe they actually went through with him shooting Ben. He can't be dead though, I think it would cause too many loopholes. I bet Richard Alpert finds him and that's when the mentoring for the purge happens.

haha. So Sayid, in effect, caused the purge and played a major role in who Ben becomes.

My new theory on how Lost will end:

The survivors completely set in motion the events that all lead up to them being on the island in the first place. The last episode ends how the series begins; with the crash of Oceanic 815.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    astro: yep, totally agree there.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha. So Sayid, in effect, caused the purge and played a major role in who Ben becomes.

Which is probably why future Ben 'uses' Sayid so badly... but Sayid doesn't know why Ben manipulates him because obviously he doesn't realize he'll eventually shoot 'past' Ben in the chest :o (mind fuck)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone seen season 2 lately? How does Ben react when they meet each other for the 'first' time?

How many more episodes in this season? 2?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod

The survivors completely set in motion the events that all lead up to them being on the island in the first place. The last episode ends how the series begins; with the crash of Oceanic 815.

whatt?
    dark tower anyone?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, one problem is, I think some of this stuff is made up as they go along, so in season 2, I don't think the actor playing Ben would know he had to react as though he knew Sayid. Then again, he knew the history of everyone there, and their records were readily available when they were imprisoned.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I know that they've been writing as they go along, but it would be interesting if there was a spooky look or something. :D
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, Ben was supposed to only last 3 or 4 episodes initially.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol that sounds a bit like the plans they had for Jack.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxAxh2TgzGk[/ame]

It doesn't look like Ben reacted like he knew Sayid when they met. But Ben IS a good liar...

Btw I can't seem to post youtube links unless I quote the person before me.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    holy shit Sayid ...what a dick!
  • Daaark
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hrmm daaark the untangled video shows lil ben with air tubes in his nose and electrodes on his chest... and wrapped up in gauze at 1:59
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What a fucking irritating video. Gah. The season 2 vid brings back memories though. :D Definitely gonna spring for the entire boxset when they release all the series on blu-ray.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

My new theory on how Lost will end:

Ever since the time traveling stuff happened I've also has similar thoughts about who sets what in motion. I've always thought the reaction to the plane crash by the 'others' was so coordinated and no one paniced it was almost as if they knew the plane was going to crash. Or at least ben knew the plane was going to crash.

And it's interesting to think that Richard at this point knows about the time traveling stuff. Richard could be using the survivors in some plot as well. I had something going in my mind there, but it's gone now. Hah. Damn mindfucks.

Also that untangled stuff is annoying as hell. I don't need some Parez Hilton celebrity reporting rip off to narrate the twists in this tv show hah.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I still want a more thorough explanation about the smoke monster and the statue.

My own theory on how lost will end:
    They are stuck in the past, get bored, and the losties become Jeronimo Jackson! wooo!

.....or not.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What a fucking irritating video. Gah.
    I find them amusing, and look for them every week after LOST is done.

I love how Sawyer, I mean LaFleur, got Jack to be a janitor to keep him away from Juliette. :poly142:
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty good filler episode. Loved the time-travel-for-dummies with Hurley and the Ghost Whisperer.

I like the idea of developing the new comers 'reasons for coming back'. And how Jack is sort of left in limbo. Episode also had a great ending, and we confirmed the time-line of events with Ben in the infirmary.

But there is one HUGE thing bugging me and I'm not sure whether we're gonna see an answer to it.

If the people left on the island were bouncing through time.
    And they deduced that they needed to bring back the people to the island to try and stop the time fractures.
    And Locke was sent forth to put the wheel back and bring back the people to the island.
    Why are Sawyer and Juliette and company so pissed off that they are back.
    They needed the events that brought them back to happen so that they would stop jumping through time. Have they forgot that fact?
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    But there is one HUGE thing bugging me and I'm not sure whether we're gonna see an answer to it.

If the people left on the island were bouncing through time.
    And they deduced that they needed to bring back the people to the island to try and stop the time fractures.
    And Locke was sent forth to put the wheel back and bring back the people to the island.
    Why are Sawyer and Juliette and company so pissed off that they are back.
    They needed the events that brought them back to happen so that they would stop jumping through time. Have they forgot that fact?

hmm....yea that isn't very clear. I think the reaction is purely emotional. When they see Jack and Kate, they don't see them as a rescue, but as an end to the life they had built there. I life they had really come to like.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the idea of developing the new comers 'reasons for coming back'. And how Jack is sort of left in limbo. Episode also had a great ending, and we confirmed the time-line of events with Ben in the infirmary.

Have they forgot that fact?

New jack is the old Locke. He's got a destiny, he's important. Maybe they'll both get to be important in each of their times. Maybe jack needs to do in the past what his father does in the present (whatever that is exactly)?

We still don't know exactly why the island was skipping, what caused it, or what ended it. Keep in mind the only people that told the survivors to go back are both manipulators with their own agendas, and the island-leftbehinders stopped skipping through time way before the survivors returned.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I liked this episode, but it was mostly filler. It did answer some questions though, which is mainly what I want these days. We know where Aaron is now and we know what changes Ben and how he ends up with the Others.

My favorite part was Hurley getting mindfucked with the timeline, and then him turning it on Miles. I also found it amusing that they referenced 'why did Ben recognize Sayid?'. I wonder if that will be part of the explanations now, or if they threw that in just to screw with the fans ;)

btw, wtf is Faraday? Not that his character is thrilling to me, I'm just curious what they have him doing at the moment.
  • Daaark
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The island stopped skipping 3 years ago when Locke turned the wheel, it started skipping when Ben turned it to leave. They've not jumped time for 3 years. I thought that was pretty well known. And they stated "Why didn't Ben recognize Ben as the man who shot him" yep that was awesome. :D

I liked when Ben woke up to see Locke there.

And OH NOES, Richard is going to take little Ben's innocence. I knew he looked shifty.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NEXT WEEK
    ONE NIGHT ONLY
    WEDNESDAY 9/8c
    BEN LINUS
    vs
    THE SMOKE MONSTER
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark: lol, yeah, I forgot to reference that.

I do get bothered by the self centered way that Sawyer and Juliet keep asking why they returned. It's not like the group knew that everything was good. They thought they were returning to help. The writers are trying to play with the love interest crap instead of how real people would act.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NEXT WEEK
    ONE NIGHT ONLY
    WEDNESDAY 9/8c
    BEN LINUS
    vs
    THE SMOKE MONSTER

The fight is rigged. We know the smoke monster will kick his ass.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vassago wrote: »
    Btw I can't seem to post youtube links unless I quote the person before me.
    Don't use the quick reply thing. Click on REPLY TO THREAD, and you'll get the advanced editor which has the auto embed button.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    You dont have to use the embed link from youtube. Just paste a link to the page that has the youtube video, and the board will embed it for you.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Claire's mother's accent was ridiculously bad...
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I lose brain cells every time I watch that retarded Lost Untangled.

Is this what the main stream media thinks they need to make in order to please the kiddies??
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I lose brain cells every time I watch that retarded Lost Untangled.
    Wear a helmet next time?
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    when they passed ben on to Richard was the guy who said we should ask so and so ....the commando that killed Ben's daughter...just with a beard?....kinda looked and sounded like him
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    gavku wrote: »
    Claire's mother's accent was ridiculously bad...
    that didn't bother me as much as her and penny looking freakishly similar
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    low odor wrote: »
    when they passed ben on to Richard was the guy who said we should ask so and so ....the commando that killed Ben's daughter...just with a beard?....kinda looked and sounded like him

Don't think so. That was Kevin Durand. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0243806/

I dont remember his face from this weeks episode, but Kevin Durand was not credited for this episode.