Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    Last episode was insane. Love it.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    The last episode was pretty cool, but it felt really short. The show seems to be setting down some solid ground work on a few characters they've kept a lid on for some time.
    I think Desmond just named his kid after Charlie, I doubt that he actually is Charlie. You've seen Charlie's parents before in previous episodes and neither of which resemble Desmond or Penny. It would be a typical LOST headfuck if Desmond did end up as Charlie's dad, but I honestly doubt he is.
    I'm glad we've been getting more episodes back on the island, I haven't really been enjoying all the off-island stuff because it just makes it feel like I'm watching Days of Our Lives or something.

-caseyjones
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Wow - just thinking about
    the woman on the Island potentially being Faraday's mother, and eventually turning out to be Ben's boss.

What are the chances they'll tie it all together, and have Faraday to Penny, as Claire is to Jack. It'd explain the funding and his research ( his mother being into it first, being all things time travel).

Just a thought.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    TONIGHT, BITCHES!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I knew it! Hell yes.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    hahahahah Ben is such an asshole. I love him.
    and yes JIN.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I just remember when John was a boy, and Richard came to visit him, and asked him "what item already belongs to you" or something. and John chose wrong. what season was that? recent episodes have now explained why that happened. crazy. why can't other shows be this well written?
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    I'm waiting for them to time-shift while they are on a boat/water back to ancient times to the sculpture of the foot with the 4 toes. I thought for a second this episode that might happen since it wasn't until they hit the beach that we had any indication of 'when' they were. I want to see what the full statue looks like.

The Des-Charlie thing was explained in the preview episode prior to the new one. Yes, he named his kid after Charlie. It's not actually Charlie.

The more Richard seems to learn in the past the more I'm inclined to believe that there is an overall arcing 'reason' for everything. Say Jacob planned to sabotage the airplane leaving from australia so that these events happen for some ultimate goal. A giant circle if you will.

And also the more I watch it the more I think that the WHOLE lost series is the love story between Desmond and Penny. It just seems that everything ties back to something that these two have involved themselves in.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for them to time-shift while they are on a boat/water back to ancient times to the sculpture of the foot with the 4 toes.
    We've been promised an explanation for that THIS season.

I laughed like an idiot when Ben just said "that's my lawyer". I'm expecting some new mystery or something to pop up, and Ben just says straight out "that's my lawyer". Usually, they don't tell you anything, or misdirect you. :)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    FRENCHIES SAVED JIN, thats why we ROCK!
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    And Desmond is the 'special' one, thats why us Jock's rock!!!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Hurley saved everyone by running them over in a VW Bus... and he throws Hot Pockets when he gets scared that's why fatties rock!!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    My prediction is that the canoes they found were from the return of the 'Oceanic 6'. I'm curious who was shooting at them though. I'm assuming we'll see that later (from the shooter's perspective).
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    My guess it was the Losties shooting at themselves, thinking they were Others. Maybe not those specific people, but perhaps other people from the group.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was sort of thinking the same, but I wasn't ready to commit to that theory yet ;)
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope we don't have a scene where one character is face to face with themselves. There's just too many paradoxes to deal with in that kind of situation. It was bad enough that Sawyer was standing right next to Kate and Claire, it'd be cheesy if he saw himself.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lockes leg is fucking nastah.... good show so far. Good call on Faraday's mom bing the same woman.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    SMOKE MONSTER! hell yes.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wicked episode! I hope we get more on the smoke monster. More than "It's just a security system protecting the temple".

Also, I get the feeling that Ben is breaking all the rules of the island. And the island doesn't want him back. I loved that scene with Locke and Jacks dad where he said "You have to move the island" and "since when has listening to him gotten you anywhere". I would pay dollars to buy this season and next on DVD right now and just sit down to a 48 hour marathon to answer everything! :P
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel like that episode accomplished nothing. Next episode looks more promising.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    any episode where an asshole gets his arm ripped off is A+ in my book
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would pay dollars to buy this season and next on DVD right now and just sit down to a 48 hour marathon to answer everything! :P
    That's how I watched the first two seasons. It's strange for me to watch them week to week now.

So far everyone on the show has died after they served their purpose in the island's plot. Everyone has a role to play, and as soon as they play it, they die.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark wrote: »
    So far everyone on the show has died after they served their purpose in the island's plot. Everyone has a role to play, and as soon as they play it, they die.

Totally, but there's all these hints that there is SOMEONE who planned all this. Be it Jacks dad, Widmore, Ben, Richard and now maybe Farday!??! Or Claire? Maybe the whole soon-to-be 7 seasons is one giant plot for Claire to get her baby back! Or for Farday's mom to finally find her son (who were both lost in time in 1154 BC). Or Richards age-long quest to find a new island ruler. I love thinking about some sort of all-time-encompasing story arc that spans the entire LOST ethos.
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    omg..smoke monster scene was badass.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shit, I missed the first 10 minutes. Smokie must have appeared during that time :( I'll have to watch it online or something. I don't want to wait until next week to see the 8pm showing.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Was funny though, saw the Nadine for like 2 seconds, my wife looked over to me and said who's that that's the first time we saw her, she's gonna die and 2 seconds later everyone was asking "Where's Nadine!" I lol'd.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    First episode of this season that I really enjoed; felt the others were just filler. But this one was really cool. Smoke monster FTW. Thought we were going to get some answers about it this week, but ah well. :D I wonder what was up with Rouseaus' husband? Is it actually a sickness, or did he get turned by the others? And how does he go from smitten to firing on his pregnant girlfriend in a matter of weeks?
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    I wonder if the smoke monster is some sort of anomaly fixing things in the time line
    i.e. removing people who shouldn't be around. Maybe even part of a bigger machine. Not really sure what the hieroglyphics are about though.

I'm guessing its' blowing up trees is in the use of some kind of network to move around the Island.

I also note it kills some people, and pulls other people into holes. Apparently it seems, you come out warped in the head.

such a cool, weird thing though. It is still the most visible thing that is still outright shrouded in mystery.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    OMG good episode :D
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's good, but it still frustrates me that people refuse to ask questions. Here Jack is talking to Faraday's mother, he's got 36 hours and not much planned, yet he can't spend 30 minutes asking all the basic questions about the island that he must be curious about? Where did the others come from? Who is Ben? Who are you? Who is your son? What's the deal with whitmore? What's your connection to him? etc etc. Seriously. These people deserve to be extremely confused all the time.
  • psychoticprankster
    glib wrote: »
    It's good, but it still frustrates me that people refuse to ask questions. Here Jack is talking to Faraday's mother, he's got 36 hours and not much planned, yet he can't spend 30 minutes asking all the basic questions about the island that he must be curious about? Where did the others come from? Who is Ben? Who are you? Who is your son? What's the deal with whitmore? What's your connection to him? etc etc. Seriously. These people deserve to be extremely confused all the time.

Maybe they are to scared to ask questions and just go along with it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was a bit annoyed that he didn't want to read that suicide letter. I guess they were still trying to prove his disapproval of John, but come on.

I'm curious though. It seems as though they didn't crash this time. Instead, I think the plane came over and the island did a time shift, and nabbed the losties as it changed. Then it pulled them into the same time loop as Jin (or at least Hurley, Jack, and Kate). So I guess the real question is, when are they? Jin's close and VW Bus look new, which makes me think he joined dharma, and they are back in the dharma days.

Anyway, in the preview, we are shown that Ben DID know that John committed suicide, despite what he told Jack on the plane. I also liked how the helicopter pilot was their pilot on the flight. That scene was great. Especially since he was SUPPOSE to be their pilot on the original flight (remember, he saw himself pronounced dead when he saw the underwater footage).
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    notman wrote: »
    I was a bit annoyed that he didn't want to read that suicide letter. I guess they were still trying to prove his disapproval of John, but come on.

Yeah, Jack can be a real emo douche sometimes. What glib said about characters not asking questions, Jack takes to extremes - even if you don't ask good questions when you have the chance, you don't avoid potential answers when they're hand delivered to you, that's just not how people behave.
    I'm curious though. It seems as though they didn't crash this time. Instead, I think the plane came over and the island did a time shift, and nabbed the losties as it changed. Then it pulled them into the same time loop as Jin (or at least Hurley, Jack, and Kate). So I guess the real question is, when are they? Jin's close and VW Bus look new, which makes me think he joined dharma, and they are back in the dharma days.

Man, that is a great guess. I didn't even connect the idea of the flash with the time travel thing... Good call, I'm sure that's it. I wonder if Sayid, Sun and Ben are in the same timeline and just landed elsewhere, or if they're in the same place but at a different time.
    Anyway, in the preview, we are shown that Ben DID know that John committed suicide, despite what he told Jack on the plane. I also liked how the helicopter pilot was their pilot on the flight. That scene was great. Especially since he was SUPPOSE to be their pilot on the original flight (remember, he saw himself pronounced dead when he saw the underwater footage).

You know how you can tell when Ben's lying? His lips are moving :) And Frank's line of "We're not going to Guam, are we?" was freaking great. I sort of hope he makes it to the island, too, but I think that might mean the plan crashes without a pilot...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Notman, I don't think he saw himself pronounced dead, but knew the pilot that filled in for him and something he saw tipped him off that it wasn't really his friend/co-worker, I think it was the wedding ring or lack there of?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought he made a call, and said that he knew the pilot wasn't on the flight, because the pilot they named was him.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure if they named him or not. He explained later to one of the losties (Jack I think) when he landed the chopper on the island, that he felt really guilty about letting his friend take the flight, so he came out to find out what was going on.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Kate gave Aaron to Claire's mother. That's my prediction.
    What's up with Sayid and Hurley? How did they end up on the plane?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Luxury wrote: »
    What's up with Sayid and Hurley? How did they end up on the plane?

a question for another episode.
    I do quite like how Hurley brought a guitar in charlie's place though. nice touch.

and it looks like there might be a new character, the guy sitting up front with the rest of them, however if he really does make it to the island there's gonna be a shitton of confusion
  • pixelpusher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    +1 on Kate giving Aaron to Claire's mother.

As far as Jin being in Dharma clothes and VW van, there was a flash when Loche finished turning the wheel, and I would guess that flash put them in the Dharma time period. And since the wheel was fixed by Loche, they will be stuck in that time until another way to jump in time is found.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's also the same van that Hurley was driving around in, and Ben killed his father in.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    That new guy is Sa
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Notman: I believe what he said was something along the lines of "Thats my damn plane!" He wasn't referring to himself being on it. He got bumped off and his buddy took the flight (and it was not his body).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Might have heard "that's my body" when he said "that's my buddy"?
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I do quite like how Hurley brought a guitar in charlie's place though. nice touch.

Totally agree with that one. Hurley got all the same information that the rest did. Can't wait to see that episode.

Also loved how Hurley said Ben wasn't supposed to be there. He wasn't on the plane originally so that might have contributed to them being thrown back in time.

Also I wonder what the name is on the uniform that Jin was wearing. Remember the van had a dead body on it and how they were sitting around drinking beers with it. I wonder if that was maybe some sort of past version of Jin in some round-about circle way.

Also like how it was implied that Ben took care of Penny. No doubt we're supposed to think that anyways. I'm sure something different happened, but a bloody Ben near the docks tying up loose ends (when he told widmore he would kill his daughter) definitely keeps Des in the plot.

And wasn't the cop who had Sayid in custody the same LA police chick who was shot by Michael (Ana-Lucia)? Speaking of, if they really needed to re-create all the people on the plane who have subsequently got off the island where was Mike, or Walt?
    (spoiler, Walt is listed in the cast in 2009)
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also I wonder what the name is on the uniform that Jin was wearing. Remember the van had a dead body on it and how they were sitting around drinking beers with it. I wonder if that was maybe some sort of past version of Jin in some round-about circle way.
    that dead body is Ben's father. he drove them out somewhere and they were talking, then Ben gassed his father and watched him die while he wore a mask.

Then he ditched the Van until Hurley found it with the uniformed skeleton in it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum wrote: »
    Notman: I believe what he said was something along the lines of "Thats my damn plane!" He wasn't referring to himself being on it. He got bumped off and his buddy took the flight (and it was not his body).

Right... but I thought they were stating his name in the news report and he was making the call to correct them (that it wasn't him)
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right... but I thought they were stating his name in the news report and he was making the call to correct them (that it wasn't him)
    Are you talking about that random guy on the plane who said he was sorry Jack lost his buddy?

I must have missed something, I'm clueless about what you guys are talking about.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod

No, i can't even believe this is being discussed when it can be looked up so simply bwaha.

he called because they said it was the pilot. lapedas looked and there was no ring on his finger, to which he stated "he ALWAYS wears that ring", the person on the phone replied 'how do you know this/him?' to which he said "because I was supposed to be flying that plane"

there. cleared up. :)