Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Just FYI, we've seen HUGE easter eggs and tie-ins before that have been inside jokes. Recall the catch up episodes with the subtitles. There were hidden words, character names and locations all over every episode.

So while the interesting facts about the Black rock and Penny's dad are intriguing lets not jump to TOO many conclusions. I'd still rather them focus more on the island people than bring in further conspiracy theories. Let those tertiary ideas resolve themselves in future episodes as sidenotes.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I think it better not to guess whats going to happen next (random car crashes? Locke in a tiny coffin?) but fun to take all the juicy clues and figure things out as the show progresses.

I given up trying to figure out what lost is, because they leave so many daft lose ends. In effect, most of the episodes only have stories that drive that episode but not the series as a whole. Theres some real classic scenes in the 1st series, like locke smiling with an orange in his mouth etc. Nice touches like that seem to be put on the wayside to cater for story now, which is no bad thing as the last episode is testament to, but sometimes the show needs to lighten up - hopefully next episode will be a hurly driving a vw camper into people type of affair.

And what happened to old smokey?
    They just wonder about the island now like it's the size of a small town.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    And what happened to old smokey?
    They just wonder about the island now like it's the size of a small town.

[/ QUOTE ]
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! Pisses me off!
    They did bring up the good ol' smokey in episode 3 or 4, and just as Ben was going to answer it he was interrupted. No one ever mentions it again! What the crunch!

-caseyjones
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think it better not to guess whats going to happen next (random car crashes? Locke in a tiny coffin?) but fun to take all the juicy clues and figure things out as the show progresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fun to guess but otherwise I agree. It's funny how many people complain that they never explain anything. If they laid it all out in front of you what would be the point in continuing to watch it? It's a mystery show, after all.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    To piece it together as-it-happens is easy. It's far more difficult and entertaining to speculate! And when you get it RIGHT, it's a damn good feeling wink.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just another filler episode really. But it was good to get a little bit more insight into Juliet's background. They haven't gone into that a whole lot.

Spy is totally Michael though. Or Walt. Should be good next week.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    I didn't mind the filler episode actually. Although I wished it was a Faraday-centric. I liked how we still don't know everything about the newcomers but they are at least for now on the good side. I also love the name dropping too (Faraday was an electro-magnetic scientist etc).

I also really like the extra hints that Ben really is psychotic/insane/evil. Ben to me is one of the best-done characters on the show.

The preview said the last of the oceanic 6 will be revealed next week? I thought we only knew 4? I'm confusing myself now!
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    'The last' can refer to multiple people

I think they are:
    Jack
    Kate
    Sayid
    Hurley
    Jin
    Sun
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    The episode had a few good points, but definitely was a filler. I liked the Ben scene, where he shows Juliet Godwin's dead body. The, "Because you mine!"(Angry face), to the happy, "Take as long as you need."

One other thing I noticed. It's something that was beginning to annoy me last night, then I thought it might be for a purpose... but what is with the rain? I'm not sure if it's something they are doing for 'effect' or if it signifies something. It seems like there is a rain scene every time they venture out onto a trek in the jungle. Just a thought wink.gif

They really did suggest that Sun gets moved off the island next week.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    It seems like there is a rain scene every time they venture out onto a trek in the jungle. Just a thought wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking every time jack confronts the others. It started with the ethan killing, didn't it?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That may be. I would have to review previous episodes and start tracking when it rains, which I won't be doing wink.gif
    I know they played around with it previously, when Locke predicts that it's going to rain, or stop raining. I'm just curious if it's tied to some emotional thing.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    the spy on the boat is Michael (have a bet going with my wife)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who does your wife think it is?
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I have a feeling the next two eps before the month break are going to be pretty intense. With assuming that, last nights slower paced episode was good. I like the revelation about who sent the boat. Sorta guessed that, but also was shocked at the video tape. Anyways, looking forward to the next two weeks and finally seeing Michael on the boat.

Also if it's Sun & Jin as the other survivors then the coffin can't be Locke can it? I think it's Sun or Jin and Locke. Using the 1 maybe 2 remaining Oceanic 6 spots on Sun and Jin seems a bit much. But whatever. I just don't know who would be in the coffin then. Maybe Michael or Walt?
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    If it was one of the Oceanic 6 in the coffin, wouldnt there be a shitload of reporters at the funeral, and wouldnt they have a done bigger newspaper article about it?
    Im guessing there are a lot of other people that got off the island but arent included in the oceanic 6 somehow.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Whoever is in the coffin has to be a complete loner, since no one showed up. I think that rules out any of the main 815 survivors except Locke and Sawyer. I don't think Locke leaves the island. I can see Sawyer leaving but refusing to be part of the celebrity crap that comes with being one of the Oceanic 6. But then, you'd think Kate would be at his funeral...

Of course, it could be some character we haven't even been introduced to yet, someone that Jack + Kate meet after leaving the island, etc. Wouldn't put that past the show.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    I think the guy on the boat is Said and Ben was pre-empting him getting on, dont know who opened the door though. Whats with Said working for Ben? was that after the crash or before it? Would'nt surprise me if it was Ben at the funeral and why did Jack want to go back to the island?

Damn too many questions - just trying to think of the most wackiest outcomes.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    nah its micheal on the boat, he said he was comming back to lost. NOOB i spoil the whole godamn episode! thats a shame.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    The last two of the Oceanic 6 are Michael and Walt. Michael is the spy on the boat, betcha.

I'm also guessing that they can use this whole time continuum stuff to explain why Walt appears to be older now tongue.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know about Michael and Walt being the other Oceanic 6. My guess is that Ben told Michael to go to that heading and he'd be rescued or whatever. But also part of it was make sure the boat doesn't find the island and he'll be free to go or something to that effect. So basically as long as Michael sabotages the boat they'll turn around and go back to the mainland. Hopefully they'll revisit Walt's powers. I'm thinking now that Michael is in the coffin. He pretty much screwed over Jack, Kate, and Sawyer when he left. That makes sense in the scheme of Kate saying "why would I go to the funeral" or whatever she said.

I'm thinking Sun or Jin is one of the Oceanic 6. I doubt they both are unless there are two spots. Not really sure about Aaron being one of them. If there's a second spot it could also be Locke though I suppose. Though after last night with him being so buddy buddy with Ben I have a harder time buying that now.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I thought about it being Michael in the coffin, but I think he's not going to be part of the O6. He's murderer, which I suspect Ben knows, and we think he's Ben's mole on the freighter. Since he's already off the island and possibly in a role working for Ben (Ben owns Michael if he does know about the killings), I think he remains that way. We know Ben gets off the island himself and is not in the O6, so I bet he has a few of the former Others and Losties working for him besides Sayid.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    It's micheal (on the boat) at least for the simple fact his name Harold Perrineau has been on the opening credits the last few episodes like Fisher Stevens has been.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quite a few revelations in that episode, even though it felt like nothing was happening.

a bit deflating to know that the mystery surrounding the island and all of Ben's motives are solely down to keeping the island hidden otherwise it would become a theme park / the new comers are breaking down Ben's defenses for the invasion. They are not good in the grand scheme of things.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I think its Ben in the coffin. Nothing is ever as it seems in Lost, remember. Bens the bad guy "now", but not THE bad guy. So something happens...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Rabbit John? This didn't have a number on it did it?"
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    What if the actor who plays Michael is coming back but he's playing a grown up Walt? What if the heading they left on dropped them in the 70's or something? Could be interesting.
  • KonamiCode
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KonamiCode polycounter lvl 18
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that started wondering about Harold Perrineau's credit showing back up!

I'm guessing Sun is the one of the Oceanic 6 that has yet to be revealed (guess it would make sense to not count Aaron, hadn't thought of it though). As much as I'd hate to see it happen, I think Jin's gonna croak, only because Daniel Dae Kim was arrested for DUI a while back, and as we've seen, that typically is a death sentence for your character.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    only if he's serving time
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konami is referring to the previous actors from this show who have recieved DUIs. Typically they die in the show a few episodes later... or the following season wink.gif
    They've made it very clear that they don't find it acceptable, but at the same point, I've never seen a show have so many drunk drivers. It's almost like someone is setting them up wink.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well what do you expect? Filming 18hrs a day, over 1000 miles from home and family - kind of depressing. I'd be drinking too! smile.gif

As far Jin, I'd be sad if he died. He's a good character, and his story isn't fully told yet.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Such a disappointing episode, especially after the last one. About 5 minutes in I knew it wasn't going to be a great episode, but as hawken pointed out, there were quite a few revelations. Nothing to make me gasp from surprise though, no real cliffhanger ending either.

-caseyjones
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Disappointing? I'd have to disagree there. It wasn't a complete mind-fuck, drenched in awesome sauce episode like the week before, but it was still great. Certainly better than nearly all of the episodes from last season. We actually got some insight, answers and revelation. Not too damn shabby if you ask me.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess what made it disappointing for me is because it didn't feel very "LOST". I'm not a huge LOST fan so I guess that doesn't help, but I felt almost bored watching it. Almost to the point where I was tempted to just walk away about half way in.
    I may have had high expectations after the Desmond bombshell of an episode last week. That was the only episode of LOST I really wanted to watch again the moment it ended.

-caseyjones
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You'll get use to it wink.gif The seasons always seem to be a rollercoaster of entertainment. Some are damn sweet, and others are just meh. Usually not much in between. I found last week to be pretty boring also.
    Hopefully tonight kicks up again though. They teased a bunch of goodies... let's see if they deliver.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think every week can be jammed packed full of action like the Desmond or Sayid episode. They are great. But you need some pacing to it all. All action all the time isn't Lost that's like 24 or something.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My point was there should be some more 'middle of the road' episodes. Not great, but not boring.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jammed packed full of action? LOST is far from that! I just find the show to be really inconsistent. Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was worse and Season 3 was a complete waste of time. Season 4 so far has been somewhere in between Season 2 and 3 with the exception of the Desmond episode.
    Well to give it some credit, it is consistent in one aspect. It is getting consistently worse to watch laugh.gif

-caseyjones
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    what a bunch of haters!

I've been loving it lately, though I never fell out of favour with the show.
    I have to say though, I'm glad that Charlie was killed off last season, seems like they
    are threatening to bring him back ,but its been a relief to get rid of him.

I always had to ask myself, what would the life expectancy of a junkie be on that island,
    which left me wondering how long until the writers saw sense and got shot of him smile.gif

Anyone else watch the Alias series ?

Due to watching all of that prior to Lost I have a tremendous amount of faith in where the show will go.
    Abrams seems have a great ability to tie plot threads together gracefully in the end, he's not another
    Chris Carter looking to milk a show's popularity past the point of ridiculousness.

k.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I could never get into Alias at all.

Has Abrams even been involved since season 1? He's off doing Star Wars or Star Trek something that I don't care about. He needs to direct an episode of Lost. Also where is the Darren Aronofsky episode that they tried to do in season 2?

Yeah Lost is inconsistent. I'll totally admit that's a fault of the show. Most shows that are like this have that problem though. Heroes definitely suffered from that. But I think this season the episodes has consistently been great though. The last episode was a lull, but I think there is a reason hopefully for that. Only 2 more till a month off! I'm sure there will be some action tonight and next week.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    You know, life suffers from inconsistency also...
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    flash forward and flashback, Ill be damn,,,
    but omfg NO! JIN! FUCK U LOST!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TFW!?

B1ll, ya bastard! smile.gif
    Should have said it was a spoiler :'(
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ************* SPOILERZ0RZ **************

Okay nevermind. Jin isn't dead.
    And Michael! hehe I think we all saw that one coming a long ways out. Cool to see him back though.
    Was a good episode. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it more than last week.
    What's up with Hurley? I wonder if that scene takes place before or after we saw him in his disheveled state with Jack. Hmm

And BEN! OMG TFW! BEN stage the Oceanic 815 crash? Or was that part of the captain's lies? Did Widmore really set it up? CRAZY QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS! My head is going to explode.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funny, after what I said, then this episode appeared. I considered that being in the middle. It had some highs and lows, which made it a good show. Not spectacular, but not boring. Thumbs up wink.gif

************spoilers******************

Jin IS dead... just not yet wink.gif I loved the twist they played on it. I called it as soon as he said he's only been married 2 months. Guess the DUI may have had an effect on his future with the show wink.gif

Also, I think this is pre-hurley nuthouse. Who knows when Sun actually gets off the island, but that scene was only about 7 months away from now.

My wife did a 'holy shit' when Julia revealed the affair. That was a shocking moment.
    It was nice to hear the 815 crash was staged, as we figured. It was pretty obvious, but you never know with this show. Michael was also pretty obvious going in.
    Oh, and WTF was with that chic that jumped off the boat? Reading the book upside-down, then wrapping herself in chains and going for a swim... then everyone acting like, 'yeah, that shit happens'.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SPOIERzzzzzzzzzzzz

No, Jin can't be dead.
    1) They never mentioned or confirmed a major death for this week, but they ARE saying that for next week. Why show someone dead with no mentioning, then announce a death for the following week like it's big news?
    2) Did you notice the date on Jin's tombstone? Died 9/22/2004 - the day the plane crashed.

I really doubt Jin is dead. I think he had to stay on the island in order to protect Sun.

Yeah - there was no reason for Juliet to talk about the affair. I was waiting for Sun to pummel her silly.

I think that chick was just suffering from the time-travel issue, but her mind may have been weaker than the others. So he devolved quicker, deciding to end it before it got worse.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good point. I did catch his tombstone said 2004, but I didn't catch the date. Hadn't made the connection. Sun sure reacted like he's dead though. I'm not saying he'll be the one to go next week, but I do think he'll be dead as they try to get off the island.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think the thread needs a spoiler warning. Anyone nerdy enough to post in here about it has seen it. If they haven't then they should go post in the Heroes thread or something.

Yeah I agree with Vassago. I think Jin is still on the island. They are just trying to push the emotions there for a while till they reveal that. That can't kill every actor off that gets a DUI. Micheal finally back! Awesome. I can't wait for that. The bit where Hurley said he didn't want to hold the baby cause he drops stuff I think is going to tie into something. Also Zoe Bell on the show for a total of 30 seconds! WTF? Hopefully she'll be back in the future/past/whatever. I have a feeling that the Miles or one of the freight peeps might be eating it next week. Though I could see them knocking off Juliet as well soon. I really liked the episode.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol Jeffro, yeah I guess you're right :P

Notman - they're also the "Oceanic 6"! They're celebrities, and likely being followed by paparazzi and such. So Sun's tears might just be for the cameras, or whomever else might be watching. Or, Jin is fact dead. Though I find it odd that they didn't announce a dead was going to happen. They clearly announce a death for next week, though. I find it strange they would show Jin dead, then say he's going to die next week? That doesn't play for me...

Zoe Bell will likely come back, but only if they explain more back story on Naomi, or the freighter folk. I believe Naomi was her "partner", and she was upset she was dead. Naomi's bracelet had the engraving "N, I'll always be with you, R.G". Zoe's name was Regina. Could be "R.G", could be nothing...

I want to know for sure if Ben setup the Oceanic crash or not, or if it was Widmore. I'd also like to know if it's Widmore or Ben that's working with Dr.Mittelwerk. If you check the Hanso Foundation webisite, there's an interesting apology letter on there from Alvar Hanso. Cool beans..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was totally shocked that Michael was on the boat... Aside from the obvious I'm really liking this season and this last episode was a good one. I'm more interested in whats happening on the boat then the island, although it would have been cool to see someone other then Michael, oh wait that was totally unexpected...

I think you might be onto something there jeffro. Letting Jack get close to Juliet then knocking her off or maybe wounding her as Jack leaves the island could be a good reason for Jack to lose it in the flash forwards.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, they said the final members of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed last week. So, who do we have?
    Sayid
    Jack
    Kate
    Hurley
    Sun
    ??? Sun's baby? Or is Claire's son the other? Neither were on the roster, but Claire's son WAS on the plane.

Or did I miss someone?
    Oh, and they wouldn't announce Jin being dead ahead of time, since he isn't dead yet. Will he be next week's death? Maybe. Doubtful, but it maybe the obvious one that people overthink and ignore wink.gif