Home General Discussion

L O S T

Replies

• b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    thats a shame, they ruined lost for me, THANK YOU NETWORK PEOPLE< lost is SUCKy and full of fillers moment, episode and CRAP , THANK U VERY MUCH!

2 season would of been perfect, maybe 3, but now, its all crap, its like a kid uvwraping a present forever, NEVER GETTING THE GIFT, SUCK

end of rant. FOR THE DAY
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    its like a kid uvwraping a present forever

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl you've been working too hard haven't you?
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Best. Episode. Yet.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Dad!..............

wow, theres a ending shocker! I was not expecting that to be in the box. Shame that sub got destroyed frown.gif i guess they are really lost now. lol. Great episode and some good backstory on Locke. That was a pretty high fall, 8 figgin stories!
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Any predictions on why Locke is in the wheel chair?(If they explain it) I think it may just be a mental thing... Something happens to him and he believes he can't walk, but SHOULD be able to. I think that's how they'll explain why his ability to walk has gone in and out.
    I'm hoping it's a bit more exciting than that, but just a predition smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess your prediction went out the window. *rimshot*
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    lol, yeah, I was definitely off. They really shaped that episode to enforce the theory that the island heals.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Great episode...

But I'm really getting tired of these micro-stories. They aren't really uncovering answers in these later episodes, which cant keep up the pace from the first two seasons.

It was a good episode, story wise, but in the grand scheme of me getting a Lost fix, it didn't do much.

Although, Locke's tied-up-pops was pretty awesome.

On a side note, has anyone besides me noticed that Jack ALWAYS has the same facial expression, which is "really annoyed, almost about to cry, and cant think of any words to say"
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Yep...awesome episode. Loved the look on Daniel's face when she saw Alex...and the look on Locke's face when he was getting put into the wheelchair. I hope next week is good.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Any other theories for tonight? smile.gif

I for one, don't think Locke blew up the submarine. Why was he soaking wet when he came back down the dock? I think he moved the sub, and submerged it. Then he blew up something else on the docks (or the docks themselves).
    And I believe Nikki is going to die tonight from a spider bite! But that one was pretty obvious...
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    man, what a waste of an episode that was.
    It was cool to find out that other people knew about a hatch, but c'mon, get to the story. I'm starting to become less and less interested. Get back to that 4 toe'd leg statue.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, that episode completely pissed me off. If this had been an episode of The Twilight Zone I would have loved it, but let's get on with the shit that is actually relevant to the main story, or even one of the side stories you have already started but never finished, FFS!
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty lame episode. I did like that twisted ass ending, though.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    what did u expect? the longer this show last, the more filer episode well see.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Haha, good episode. It was definitely filler but whatever, thats cool. All TV shows have filler episodes. I'd more-so consider this something they've done 'for the fans' of the entire Lost experience... tons of "goin' back" where the showed shit we've seen before from their perspective. It was a fun little adventure I suppose.

Next week... wet girls fighting, thank you!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    More stuff...

Nikki to Paulo, in reference to Shannon and Boone: "Promise me we won't end up like them."

The ending did seem sort of "fuck you" ish to those who thought Nikki & Paulo were stupid characters.

nikki_boobs.gif
    buried_alive.gif

rip nikki frown.gif
    kiele-sanchez4.jpg
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't believe everyone is so down on this episode. I thought the beginning was really slow, but I thought overall it was great.
    In the first few minutes, I felt like turning it off. I figured, GREAT, here's an episode where they are going to force feed these idiots down our throats. Then I realized that they were killing them off, mainly because no one liked the characters. I felt it was the producers trying to correct a mistake, which I can respect.

What I loved about it:
    *The flashbacks to the crash. I thought they did a great job of fitting them back in.
    *I also liked Paulo seeing 'the others' in the hatch.
    *Finding out that they were paralized in the end and seeing her open her eyes JUST at that moment. There was a point there where I thought they'd wake up and still be part of the show, but it took the darker route, which I liked :/
    *Oh, and seeing her jugs bounce like Adam has animated above laugh.gif Damn she was nice to look at, but they really just felt forced into the storyline.

Some of it was a bit predictable unfortunately. As soon as they pointed out that spider, I knew that was how they were 'dead'.
    I also thought it was funny that the losties think they were part of the others because of that walkie-talkie.

That's it for now... I'm going to watch that animation for a while laugh.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, after watching that animation I'm kind of sorry they killed her off frown.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those characters couldn't act, at all. They were horrible.
    Also, what the hell is wrong with them? You find a door leading to some room on a mysterious deserted island and you don't say a word? You see "other" people, and you don't say a word? Honestly, those characters were moronic and boring.
    There's a good way and a shit ass way to introduce characters. Those two suffered the latter. Meh, good riddance.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    That was a completely useless episode. Cool ending I guess, but what the fuck? What did ANY of this entire lifetime-made-for-tv-movie-bullshit have to do with the storyline at ALL? I'm losing faith in this show.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    It was done for the 'fans' of Lost lore. They did flash backs to all of the old episodes by having these guys in all the flash backs. By doing so they revealed some stuff, like the Pearl being not so out of action as previously perceived. Sure, nothing major was revealed but you shouldn't expect this to be a constant roller coaster of craziness. Once in a while they'll take the time to 'breathe'. Sure, this season they've done it quite a bit compared to last but I suspect its to make the final episodes that much more impactful.

***** HUGE SPOILER *****************
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Ben is the child of the 2 people that started Dharma (that bearded fellow and his wife). This will be shown near the finale. So I think the fact that Ben's past is fairly subtle in its reveals has to do with this. They reaaaally want us to want to know this guy.

*** END SPOILER**
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    "Things on the island don't stay burried"...I think Loch said. I think they will be in a paralitic state long enough for the tide to uncover them. Apparently, they were barely even breathing in that state...so maybe they wont suffocate from the sand being on them. I dunno. Was a lame episode...unless it was included to mess with us later.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    One of the most exciting episodes happens in this season and I'm the first to post? You guys are losin' it!

First, this episode:
    thumbs_up.gif

I really hope Julliette is NOT a plant within the 815 crew. I really hope she was left behind. If she's there as a spy that'd be lame :\ It makes sense though for Ben and the others to make Jack like/trust her enough to have him fight for her to stay with the 815's.

It'd be great if Rousseau is following the others and Locke knew about it.

Locke joining the others - duh? Once I realized what he was doing it sort of hit me. "Oooooooh...." I think were my words.

The whole thing with the smoke monster was fucking AWESOME. They know its there but do not know what it is. Cooooool.

Anyone think the 815 crew will move to the houses???

What was up with the flashes of light from the Smokester? Taking MIND pictures???!?!?!

Juliette flash back next week... and if that intact Submarine was any indication its going to take place on the island.

And some images!!!!

Smokester coming out of the ground in 3 seperate spots:
    b51719a498e3cea33a2918024d0debe382997e03.gif

More of the Smokester:
    7ae4f79c973852135e2e28e55e42e25ee79cfd92.gif
    1cf34b9964bdbdad8900c1975eb662b26b54c86c.gif

Poor Sawyer:
    sawyer-downcast.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    My ex roommate Malcolm was apparently friends with Josh Halloway back in LA, and said he's just about the nicest guy ever. Kinda a "gee shucks" sorta nice southern guy who was JUST about to give up on the acting thing when he got cast on Lost. He was getting tired of doing jobs with his shirt off. Always being the "hunk" character or just a model, and never an actor. He's definately improved acting-wise, and this episode really showed it I think.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Although I liked the episode, it felt like just another filler to me. I feel the same about Julliette... I'm thinking she's a plant also, but I hope not. I'm looking foreward to Sayid torturing her next week wink.gif

As much as I liked seeing the smoke monster again, I thought there was a major flaw in their scene. Why didn't it just fly over the wall/field? They already proved that you can go OVER it and the smoke monster can go that high. The scene was pretty amazing though otherwise.

I also liked the trick on Sawyer, even though I saw through it almost instantly... it was still funny that he got conned by Hurley. Oh, and they linked Kate and Sawyer through that woman he conned, and that she was pregnant.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the trick on sawyer was great! it was definately a filler episode and they used the black smoke of evil again. Now will they move everyone off the beach and into those houses? I sure would move wink.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, yeah, I forgot an opinion on the houses... you'd think they would move everyone there, but I'll bet they don't. Just like they don't share with each other that some other hatches exist
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, the problem with moving to the houses is what if the Others come back?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    notman - yes it can go that high but have you noticed that its ALWAYS grounded? It can't just up and fly over it...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really liked that episode.

some of it felt like filler, but it was worth it in my opinion because of the Hurley/Sawyer moments and the smoke monster.

I guess this is official confirmation that the smoke monster and the 'dinosaur' are one in the same.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Did Juliette say, "We don't know what HE is..." when Kate asked what it is?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought she said "IT".

As for the others, I think Locke moved them somewhere. He obviously didn't blow up the sub (I was right! muhaha), and he has his own agenda now (to stay on the island no matter what). He blew up the 'sub' to prevent Jack from leaving, and to barter with Ben. Since the sub is still intact (and it's the basis of hope for the others), Locke knows he can use that as leverage to get whatever he wants.
    I'm wondering how things are going to play out now. Everyone is back at camp except Locke, and it seems like Saiyid is up for torture again. But will Juliet talk, unlike Ben? Should be interesting to find out.

This episode was weak, imo. Filler with no real explanations of things. I was quite happy to see smokey again, though.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    notman - yes it can go that high but have you noticed that its ALWAYS grounded? It can't just up and fly over it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when it took out the pilot back in the first season wink.gif I won't get too stuck on it either way, since I'm already accepting that there exists a smoke monster wink.gif
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    didn't Locke say he saw white light and mr eko said he saw black smoke? i think good people see white and bad see black. i have this theory about the Others wanting to rid the world of Bad people and keep good ones and children.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I don't know. I don't think much has been revealed or advanced since the show came back from break. It's still really well written and interesting to watch, but it consistently leaves me asking "what was the point of this episode?" They're just rotating characters in and out of captivity of The Others and relocating The Others to different but similar locations around the islands.

I think it's frustrating to see situation after situation where believable characters would say a sentence or two to explain who The Others are or what they're doing on the island, but then they just don't. OOH IT'S MYSTERIOUS. No, it's insulting.

I'm about ready to give up on it until they announce the final season and decide to explain some shit.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Vassago - the sub from the preview was in Juliettes flash back. It's how she got to the island in the first place wink.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when it took out the pilot back in the first season wink.gif I won't get too stuck on it either way, since I'm already accepting that there exists a smoke monster wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Again - the smoke lifted Eko 30ft off the ground when it killed him and it was still grounded. It could have done the same thing with the pilot. laugh.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    True, but it could form itself to reach the top of those columns, then slinky off of it wink.gif Not a very smart cloud :P
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    lost needs more sawyer
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Sorry to be a downy clowny, but I just saw the promo for the next episode, and it looks to me like the clip of the sub is just from Juliette's flashback - since she's supposed to explain about her past with the others. I could be wrong, but I think the sub is still blow'd up.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree that it's part of her flashback. It's stated at several spoiler sites also. BUT, I also agree with the suggestion that Locke may not have actually blown it up. The thing about that explosion is, it just looks like water... no section of the sub appears prior (from what I can tell. I think Locke may be going back to the intelligent Locke that we once loved wink.gif The only problem with my theory is, I'm not sure that Locke would know how to run the sub.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah Adam, I saw that after slowing down the sequence frown.gif

But still, I don't think Locke blew it up. Why would he have been soaking wet when walking down the dock? I think he parked the sub somewhere, then swam to the dock, and blew that up to fake everyone.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    So your theory is that Locke climbed into a sub he had never seen before that night, learned how to operate it by himself, navigated it into a hiding spot along a coastline he'd never seen before that night, climbed out, swum back, planted the bomb on the dock, waited, blew the dock up when the Others showed up and the Others failed to notice that the debris was nothing but wooden planking from the dock with absolutely no chunks of metal or electronics from the submarine? Even if Locke already knows how to pilot a mini-sub (I suppose paraplegics who work in box manufacturing need hobbies), don't you think this is stretching it juuuuust a bit? Not one single Other went to down to the dock during daylight looking for something to salvage and noticed that not a scrab of the sub hull remained?
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha.......maybe he had a run in with one of those Dharma sharks from season 1.....
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump cause it's Weds and Lost is on tonight laugh.gif

This week focuses on Julliette and her flashbacks to becoming part of the others. I'm hoping it fills in some details about the others and isn't just a giant welcome aboard type of show. We already know she isn't welcomed into the Losties' group though.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of the spoiler stuff I've read for tonight's episode make it sound like a real can't-miss episode. If questions are actually answered, I may faint dead away.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Same here, Verm. I heard it's a top notch episode, as so are several of the coming episodes. I also heard the finale is 2 hours laugh.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, there you go... she's supposed to be a plant... question is, will she follow through, or is she too pissed at Ben for keeping her for so long?
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what a great episode!!

Juliette is a pretty convincing, why would they leave her behind, to get everyone trust wink.gif It was interesting how they got all their information on all the passengers from the news channel in that building they blew up 2 episodes ago.

Only 6 episodes left, it's getting good!
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Great episode, mostly because Juliette has a great rack and you can see it bounce up and down while shes running through the forest in her dirty white tank top *BOINGGGG*
    Too bad she has a botched nose job
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmmmmm...

Well, it was an interesting episode, but I still feel a bit unfulfilled. I think if this had been a season two episode, I'd have been wowed by the 'twist' ending, but this year... it just reaffirms my feeling that the producers are just going to fuck with viewers until the budget runs out. Juliette as converted Lostie is just more compelling to me than Yet Another Mental Screwjob, chapter 22 from Ben and friends. Plus, I'm tired of Jack constantly being made into a total chump. As dashing leader types go, he's pretty fucking gullible (I guess that gives him something in common with Sawyer, the easily-conned con man.)

I wish Ethan hadn't been killed, he was kinda cool.