Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn.. the last episode made my head spin. :S what the hell was going on?

i mean. i loved that part when the old lady didnt want to sell him the ring.

and btw..
    check this out.
    http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    oh shit... I just realized that I'm getting my satellite service changed tonight (guy is working on it now). This shit better work and be up by the time lost starts :/
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    bitmap, that flash was really cool ...
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah..

some ppl say thats the theory behind lost.
    multiples lives occuring at the same time. im lost.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    an outstanding episode! But Way way too many commericals.

***spoliers*****
    A great flashback with Jack and how he got those tattoos on his arm. Interesting chemistry between juliette and Jack, now that Ben has a doctor by his side. It was a little strange to see the taken passengers, since they have been not shown since season 1, pilot episode.

I wonder if they are traveling to the other island where they live in houses. A few answered questions, but a ton more unanswered.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we dvr Lost.

we wait a half hour before watching it so we can fastforward all the commercials.

Tonight's episode was pretty cool. Some questions were answered, but more were raised.

Can't wait until we get back to camp so we can get Locke and Sayid back into ass kicking mode.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm...pretty pointless episode. Really disappointed. After watching last weeks I thought the show could be fun again...but this was just frustrating.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I was kinda disapointed because there were no real questions answered imo.. I guess you can say his tattoo's and the other people from the flight, but it was more frustrating than answer-giving, it just made you want to know even more wtf happened with them.

beh! until next week!!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, last night's episode sucked hard. Last week, they said this episode would answer 3 of LOST's biggest questions.... it didn't answer anything! frown.gif

Hopefully that was a tiny lull in the action, as it looks to pick back up next week. laugh.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Last week, they said this episode would answer 3 of LOST's biggest questions.... it didn't answer anything!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was a lame joke on part of the producers. Remember when Jack was in the cage talking to Alex and she said "I answered 3 of your questions now answer mine" I believe that was the teaser referred to. Lame.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, while they answered how the tattoos got there and what the tattoo reads, they opened up a new question... why did he get his ass beat for getting the tattoo? Did I miss something? I know what that chic said, but it didn't answer why that was so taboo. It's one of those simple things that they choose not to close/answer.

On a side note, was anyone else watching her chest waiting for one of those beauties to fall out of her shirt on the beach? Or am I just too much of a pervert.

I'm starting to find that the episodes on the other's island are pretty boring. They don't answer shit and their life is pretty mundane. I at least expected Sawyer to ask that guy questions about activities there before letting the kid go. .. or Jack asking the captured survivors wtf has been going on. Seems like the losties never care about what is going on there when they have someone who can provide some answers.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    anyone else watching her chest waiting for one of those beauties to fall out of her shirt on the beach? Or am I just too much of a pervert.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, yeah I was thinking the same thing. Lame episode, Heroes is slowly replacing Lost in my viewing rotation. I hope it picks up leading up to the finale in a few months.
  • GameFruit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I stopped watching Lost and started on Battlestar Galactica now. I think that it's beat out Lost as my new favourite show by quite a jump. Now that I've seen every episode, I'll have to start on Lost again. Can't wait to see all the 3rd season that's out. I'm on episode 4 or 5 I believe. I just hope they stop making too many plot twists without resolving some. And oh, gosh! Why must they kill off everyone? It might be downhill from here.

And might I ask what Heroes is? Maybe I'll look it up on Youtube. :P
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heroes is on NBC. You can go to NBC.com and watch them I believe. It's about a group of people around the world that are realizing they have special powers. They are all connected somehow (sort of like Lost), but they don't realize it yet. Right now it's being played to make you think that the one character is going to be in New York and he's going to explode and destroy the city (maybe more). It's better than I'm probably explaining though.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Kind of old, but I thought it was pretty amusing : http://www.waaalt.com/
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    The flashbacks man the fucking flashbacks piss me off so much..

Start episode
    5 minutes of what happened last episode
    10minutes of what might happen in this episode
    Flashback (arrrrggghhhhh) for 20 mins
    10 mins of stuff actually happening back on the island to stop me throwing stuff at the TV
    then end episode OMFG !!!

GRRRRRRRR
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Let's look death in the eye and say, 'Whatever, man!'"
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    kinda boring of an episode, even I think so. next ep looks crazy though
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Great episode - Season 1 style of an episode, I loved it. The scene of the 5 of them (4 dudes + Walt) bootin' around the land was entertaining. Hugo's flashback just made his whole "I'm cursed" theory more concrete. Who cares about his dad.

Map:
    0b58136e094f8e946ea583d76b8c5cb680e7170f.png
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The scene of the 5 of them (4 dudes + Walt) bootin' around the land was entertaining

[/ QUOTE ]
    What are you refering to? Did you mean Vincent(not Walt)?

I liked the episode. I found my self laughing/amused at several points during the show. One being when Hurley tried to call Sawyer a name... and couldn't come up with a very creative comeback.

The meteor/asteroid was a bit much though to be honest. I would have expected a gas leak inside or something like that, to lead to an explosion.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The flashbacks man the fucking flashbacks piss me off so much..

Start episode
    5 minutes of what happened last episode
    10minutes of what might happen in this episode
    Flashback (arrrrggghhhhh) for 20 mins
    10 mins of stuff actually happening back on the island to stop me throwing stuff at the TV
    then end episode OMFG !!!

GRRRRRRRR

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! every episode is they seem to give away only 10 mins of the plot. I have a feeling that this will be a long time on the island. Heroes is getting like that also frown.gif
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman: There are a lot of theories about Vincent. Though everyone is pretty sure he's not a real dog. My personal favorite is that he's the smoke monster.

I liked yesterday's episode. Hurley episodes are always my favorite.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I know of the Vincent theories... guess I hadn't read one that said he was Walt yet wink.gif The popular one I've heard was the smoke monster like you mentioned. I thought it was cool just to see him again laugh.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The meteor/asteroid was a bit much though to be honest. I would have expected a gas leak inside or something like that, to lead to an explosion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree - the idea that an asteroid hits dead center on the restaurant Hurley just bought reinforces the idea that he is cursed. A gas leak explosion would have been too subtle tongue.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, I guess. Just saying that a meteor out of no where is a little bit less believable as a possibility. Obviously there is a lot that I have to believe possible with this show though wink.gif
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty good interview..I think it may be a little old..

http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/755/755527p2.html

" This show is about people who are metaphorically lost in their lives, who get on an airplane, and crash on an island, and become physically lost on the planet Earth. And once they are able to metaphorically find themselves in their lives again, they will be able to physically find themselves in the world again. When you look at the entire show, that's what it will look like. That's what it's always been about."
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Er - Vincent, yes.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    **** SUPER SPOILER ALERT ****
    If you watched season 2, and Jack's father's drunken antics in Australia, you probably already had a clue on this. But it's been confirmed - Jack and Claire are brother & sister!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How has it been confirmed? I had heard it suggested, but still nothing concrete in the episodes. Is this something the writers mentioned in their podcasts?
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally a good episode! Thats the Lost I know and love.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, Locke really needs to stay away from that fucking chess game. He (a) gets captured and (b) blows up the station because of it... maybe Jack Thompson is on to something, video games are teh evil!

Gonna be a day or so before we get translations from the Russian dialogue, I really wonder what Mikhail and the black girl were saying (aside from "shoot me now!", of course.)
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    I speak russian here's a rough translation

Black Woman: Michael, you know what must be done !
    Michael:No, it doesnt have to be this way! There is another way!
    Black Woman: No, Michael, there are orders, you know what must be done!
    Michael: No, no.. There can be another way!
    Black Woman: You KNOW what must be done! There are orders !
    *Michael Shoots the black girl
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    OK, cool episode I liked it.

HOWEVER....

Why haven't we gotten ANYTHING... nothing at all!! no new information on the people from the Season 2 finale, not any news on the dudes in the snow! WHAT THE FUCK. They used that shit once to create a suspenseful ending (it worked) then NEVER talk about it again? Or is it some kind of gold egg the writers are sitting on until the end of Season 3? They had better not just use that shit once or I'm gonna lose it.

FUCK.

Sayid shoulder toss!
    18f8f7f5ed0e41699b0819ae8e0dae5ba3d9b82e.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I loved the episode... back to what was good. I do have a few issues though. WTF was the point of the table tennis shit? It served no purpose other than to tell us that Hurley is like the Forrest Gump of table tennis.

Also, I hate that they blew up the station. I think that's part of what I enjoyed about this episode, was the new station. All the cool info in there, like the Darma manuals, and that sub-hatch area. I would rather have a hatch exist again for a while, instead of blowing the damn thing up. In addition, it once again makes Locke look like a total fucking idiot again, rather than the Locke that I enjoyed in Season 1.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    adam - in an interview with the writers they had mentioned the part with the ice guys coming back towards the end of the season, in a big way
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Why the fuck didn't they take the horse!?! I mean come ON!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Episodes like that one are why I'm loosing interest in lost. Yeah they do some cool shit and have them find that place. But by the end of the show they blow it up? For fucks sake that place had a shit load of tech that they could have used. Remember they built a fucking radio antenna from a walkietalky and some scraps.

That episode felt very much like i was watching s 80's show. Shit happened but by the end of the show everything was the same as before the show started.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TGZ: Shit happened, but it's not like it was at the beginning of the episode ... they have a map to the barracks. It's moving forward with some momentum now.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    haha as someone who has completely avoided the whole lost deal, browsing through this thread paints a pretty confusing but entertaining picture of complete gibberish. carry on tongue.gif
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Is Locke getting dumber by the episode? Man the way he acts pisses me off...Good to see Sayid getting his game on again.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty good episode tonight! That russian guy got fried, i like when he said "thankyou". Locke once again, is upto something, especially holding that stick of C4.

The Clair backstory was totally lame, I totally saw the "I'm your father". I wonder if Jack knows wink.gif

Next week ep looks like its all Locke and some interesting plot twists smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    03fd638789027220d48a9a847ca4da9cc8f2dc98.gif

This episode scored a touch down in my book.

Sorry.

Claire was hot but feckin' annoying this episode.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree, the father thing was boring. Took too damn long just to point out something that could have taken a few minutes. I would have preferred they started the accident with the accident actually happening.

I liked the episode, but I almost felt annoyed every time they left Locke/Sayid/Kate.

Next week it looks like Locke uses the C4 to blow up one of the 'others' shacks. Probably Ben's. It appears that Locke wants answers from Ben, since Ben told him that he was there for Locke. Should be pretty damn good though. Locke and Hurley have the best flashbacks.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    kate climbing that tree like a stripper was hot smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys ready for tonight? Should be a good episode since it's supposed to be heavily Locke and the combination of the losties and the others again smile.gif
    I suspect there will be many little hidden things in the background during this show. Like things in the huts/houses.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tonight should be awesome. <3 having Canadian satellite...Lost is on at 5!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any episode that focus' on Locke or Sayid ALWAYS kick ass smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any predictions on why Locke is in the wheel chair?(If they explain it) I think it may just be a mental thing... Something happens to him and he believes he can't walk, but SHOULD be able to. I think that's how they'll explain why his ability to walk has gone in and out.
    I'm hoping it's a bit more exciting than that, but just a predition smile.gif