• Vaze234
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vaze234 polycounter lvl 3
    Hello, just a new guy around here.
  • Nectar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone! I'm teaching myself how to draw and paint, with aspirations that someday I can work in 2D art - both digital and traditional. Can't wait to get immersed in this community and see where the journey takes me. See you around :) 
  • PeaceCraft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeaceCraft polycounter lvl 7
    hello!
    i'm socrates, i'll be posting my studies around here!
    cheers!
  • MrBiscuitsz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBiscuitsz polycounter lvl 4
    Howdy!

I made this account a long time ago and never used it until now.

I am currently a rigger/generalist who is looking to improve my 3D modeling skillset. Currently aiming to get into tech art/prop design.

Cheers!
  • prosaicgod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, all. 

My name is Bobby. I've got many (too many?) years experience creating content for other people. Now, thanks to the miracle of quarantine, I've been blessed with the "opportunity" to transition from character artist to indie game developer, allowing me finally to put that college programming experience to good use. I look forward to eventually posting stills, videos, and WIPs from my first commercial game.

Thanks.
  • goodboy123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone!
    I am a new person. Very happy to join this forum. Looking forward to receiving the help of everyone.
    Thank you everyone for reading!
  • bighead040
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi there!

I'm Paul, currently living in Hamburg, Germany. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can to be a great environment artist one day :)
    Thanks everyone!
  • Khumar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khumar polycounter lvl 6
    Hello. New here.
  • Worraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worraps node
    Hello, 

I'm new here, self learning 3D isn't easy and I know how powerfull can forum be, so glad to join this community ! ( I'm a bit late here because I already created my first topic but... better now than never ! )

Thank you
  • Gabriella10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, my name is Gabriella.
    I'm glad to to lurk around all these posts and occasionally post something up!
  • Mortanious
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mortanious polycounter lvl 3
    Hi everyone! My name is George El-Khoury, and I am a Prop Artist.
  • Cyno879
  • rax7113
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rax7113 polycounter lvl 2
    Hello. I'm new to here to join you!
  • DebendraRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello all! Greetings from India!

Hobbyist looking to make 3d art a career. Looking forward to posting stuff in the WIP & sketchbook sections & receiving critique. (...Cuz God knows I need it!! :p ).

Cheers! Stay safe.
  • digitalpops
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    digitalpops polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, my name is Paulo Ruvalcaba. I just started my first thread here in the Sketchbook section:‪ https://polycount.com/discussion/222195/sketchbook-paulo-ruvalcaba‬ I look forwad to engage with and learn from the community!! :)
  • nele_s
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nele_s polycounter lvl 10
    Hi Polycount people! It's been a while since I've been on here, so thought to reintroduce myself :) My name is Nele, I'm Belgian but employed in the UK as a character artist on VR games
    Portfolio can be found here: https://www.artstation.com/nele_s
    Cheers!
  • EmiliaP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello! Character artist from Finland, been a gamer since well forever.  =) You can check my portfolio here: https://www.artstation.com/emiliapit
  • scottycharly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    scottycharly polycounter lvl 10
    Hi 
    I'm Charles. I have been working in the Video Game industry for around 12 years. About 8 of them as a 3D Artist mainly doing mobile games. I teach a little at a local college. Nowadays I focus my skill acquisition effort toward AAA console/PC games. I work primarily with Blender/Substance Painter. I used to work a lot with 3DSMax which I know pretty well. I know some ZBrush, some Maya, and some Designer. I still love to learn new stuff. Looking forward to commenting on your post and reading your feedback on mine.
  • tuananhrobert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tuananhrobert triangle
    Hello!

I am a new member.
  • Silver64
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silver64 polycounter lvl 5
    Hey PolyCount! I'm Silver64, Looking to become a 3D artist in the CG art industry and looking to make his work better everyday! I can't wait to meet the community and get feedback on my work! 

Thank you for taking the time to read this!! :D
  • Leksey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leksey polycounter lvl 6
  • SkeleTony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello hello!

I'm Tony, a 3D artist from Finland. I've been fiddling around with 3D stuff as a hobby for about two years now, and finally decided to stop lurking around and actually join a community. 

Cheers!
  • greg_picc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello 

I'm Greg I have started my bachelors in animation and character design a few weeks ago my focus is anime and video game characters my introduction class will start in January but ill try and post when I can so if you get a chance check it out. 
  • Rafael Araújo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rafael Araújo polycounter lvl 8
    Hello guys,
    I am a 3D artist, and here is my portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/rafaelaraujo
    It will be a pleasure to meet you and grow together.
  • Rakhan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rakhan polycounter lvl 8
    I'm a 3D artist learning as much as I can, trying to get in the games industry! and that's my Portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/rafa_apache
  • wobbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wobbles polycounter lvl 3
    Hi everyone, I'm a 3D environment artist trying to get good, and hopefully help anyone else along the way.
  • Frysket
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frysket polycounter lvl 2
    Hi there, 

I'm 3D Environment/props Artist based in france, and i'm happy to join the Polycount community. 
  • Helveticus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi I'm a 52 year old CG artist / veteran animator and compositor who's worked in the video motion graphics industry in London for 25 years. Currently I'm teaching VFX at Greenwich University. I've recently been making 3d virtual miniatures for Tabletop Simulator and learning the art of low poly character design and texturing. I use Maya, Aftereffects and Nuke. I have also been learning Substance Painter and Z Brush
  • Rhombus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhombus polycounter lvl 2
    Hello everyone, I've been lurking around on occasions and finally created this account.
  • Jovany8874
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jovany8874 polycounter lvl 2
    Hello everyone! I'm a new member and going to school for animation and game development. I hope in the future I can post my work and get helpful tips in improving my skills.
  • StevenRhoades
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone, my name is Steven Rhoades. I am attending Los Angeles Film School for a degree in Animation and I was looking to branch myself out there to fellow animators. My focus is to one day hopefully create an amazing video game with the skills that I will be learning. I look forward to learning what I can from fellow posters and hope that I am able to help in anyway that I can in the future!
  • VesaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VesaN triangle
    Hello everyone, Vesa here, currently studying landscape architecture at university but making a career shift at age of 27 to be an 3D environment artist. Been self studying for a year now and I’m hungry for learning more! 
  • Silemar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silemar polycounter lvl 3
    Hello everyone, I'm currently a self taught 3D artist and hopefully I'll be able to enroll in a Game Art uni course next year! I've always found this site extremely helpful and so I decided it was about time to stop lurking and join the community!
  • AllisonFij
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AllisonFij triangle
    Hi everyone, I am currently in undergrad studying game design with the hopes of becoming a 3D environment artist!
  • from_ideas2life
    Hello everyone I am an Animation student in my first month at art school! I am not sure what I will specialize in yet, but I am so excited to learn and share with you all. 
  • zedzenas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello! I'm Zed, an Animation major from Florida. Nice to meet everyone! 
  • Fox_Fire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello!
    I'm Kasey, I just started my degree in animation with and emphasis on character and world design, which I'm pretty pumped about. I have literally zero experience with anything art related but have gotten really into it and practicing a lot lately. everything can be learned so I'm excited to keep hard charging and improving my art skills. Looking forward to interacting with all of you!
  • hbomb1998
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone I just started my animation education, super excited to show my progress to everyone and give my feedback as well. I am majoring in Character Animation and have some big ideas so im trying to see where that takes me.
  • Devanleo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone!

My name's Devan. I am a student majoring in Character Animation and Environment Design. Can't wait to check things out and show some stuff off and learn from everyone! c: Really trying to improve my art skills too haha.
  • WinterVargr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello I'm a student at LA Film and I am looking forward to learning more with the help of this community.
  • AlbertDulaev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlbertDulaev polycounter lvl 5
    Hello everyone=)
  • N0RTHBIRD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    N0RTHBIRD node
    Hiya, I'm N0RTH and I like to work on 3D models. Currently working on some observational studies involving a lot of skulls. I'm hoping to learn a lot here and get involved with the community. Thank you for having me and looking forward to interacting with you all in future posts!
  • AlexJam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all - my name is Alex.

I'm sort of new but not really. I started in digital art and 3D probably in the year 2001 or 2002. I'm a professional in the industry; I've got my name in some credits for some video games, but I've since moved on to other industries with my skills. Bounced from video games, to aviation design, to now landing in 3D commerce at Amazon, where I primarily provide expertise around 3D Materials.

When I say 'sort of new', I mean I've been at Polycount before, like way back in the day. I was at the other big forums during that time, too, like CGSociety. But as I actually got into the industry, I dropped off of forums. Lately I've had a desire to get back into social circles of artists, to help others and to receive feedback from the community. It'll take some discipline on my part, as I've grown to be a bit of an introvert.

My portfolio (which is probably the most up-to-date place): http://www.alexjamerson.com/
    And I have an Artstation, which has some different stuff but I haven't updated it in a while: https://www.artstation.com/alexjart

I plan on starting a WIP thread about a project I've been working on for a bit.

Thanks all.
  • attalie_a
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello community! I’ve just started down the path of obtaining a degree in computer animation. I’ve been an artist since I could hold a crayon, and as I’ve grown my art has taken up a mind of its own. I hope to continue finding inspiration and improving/expanding this evil genius until it outgrows me, takes over and wages creative revolution on the universe. I’ll need an army for networking and research purposes so here I am. On behalf of myself and my art, thanks for having us. 
    🎈
    Attalie_a, + PsychMind
  • Zunikami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, my name is Abram, I’m a new student at the LA Film school to learn character animation. I’m hoping I can learn a lot from these forums as I continue to learn in school as well.
  • francisbaud
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    francisbaud triangle
    Hi I'm Francis, 32 years old Canadian and I'm neither a developer nor an artist! I'm mostly interested in video game creation, especially the development of Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games, and more particularly indie ones. I love to read about performances optimization, networking, model poly count, PBR, animations, lighting system, VFX, post-processing effects, etc. even if I'm at the "basic" level of understanding. I had another account here but I lost the access to my email address and I can't log in anymore. Soon I'll post a thread about In-Development Indie MMORPGs since I believe there's a lot to learn from those indie game. Ciao! 
  • Jean_Pierre_Seiler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jean_Pierre_Seiler polycounter lvl 4
    Hi my name is Jean-Pierre just about to turn 40 and live in Germany. I know polycount from back when Half Life modding was a thing, I do think I was active here back than (arround 2000-2001) probably as Blackcat or Blackpanther. Back than I did mainly weapons, tanks and stuff like that. I also managed to get an internship at Madcat Interactive Software (working on Heaven and Hell, Elfenwelt and Der Planer 3), but that experience kinda crushed my dreams back than (I really lacked the ability to work self-reliant and also were often tasked with things I didn't liked doing ... I was young :wink: ).
    So yeah after 20 years of lurking (remember the Dominance Wars? I do :tongue:) I want to get back into 3D and aim to become an freelance artist (seeing the Corona situation as an opportunity).
  • ShifflettArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShifflettArt polycounter lvl 2
    Greetings all.

My name is Joey, nearly 40, still trying to find my place in the world. I've been a fan of 3d since it started. I have dabbled for a long time but never committed until recently. I was out of work a couple months due to illness and needed something to fill the time so I dove headfirst back into 3d modeling. First trying to get a video game made but that hit some snags.  Now I make cars.  I'm very new to that though and still learning much. Basic models at first but now halfway through a 30 hour "master course" for car modeling in Blender. I look forward to seeing everyone's work and I hope mine can be good enough some day.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but if anyone is curious,  I have a personal page at www.joeyshifflett.com. 
  • einnemee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    einnemee node
    Hi I'm Lizzie, I'm new to Polycount and to modelling for games. I'm excited to join the community, learn and share! 
  • MattDawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sup,

I am Matt Dawe. I am a 2D and 3D character artist. I love video games (particularly old video games (gotta respect the classics!)), both playing and making them, and am looking for work in the game development industry. I recently graduated from Ferris State University, where I studied in the Game Design and Digital Animation program. I also enjoy illustrating comics, storytelling, video editing, and manly anime.