RAW's Playlist

[noparse]

Update! It's version 1.0 guys !
[noparse]https://youtu.be/JMx-GLaCtxE

Replies

• DRoss3d
    Offline / Send Message
    DRoss3d polycounter lvl 6
    ADN modeler has a nice Boolean Panel tool that I use from time to time.  https://gumroad.com/fansub
  • _mpac
    Offline / Send Message
    _mpac null
    Edit: Problem solved, I'm ridiculous sometimes...
  • Bizzarro
    Offline / Send Message
    Bizzarro polycounter lvl 9
    mainframe looks nice, if only it was cheaper
  • noriu
    Offline / Send Message
    noriu null
    Hello, it is a very splendid tool!
    I want to use it by all means in our company, is the commercial use possible if I pay license charges?
    Do you have any other a condition?
  • jordic42
    Offline / Send Message
    jordic42 null
    Just installed Crease+ on maya 2018 but it keeps crashing everytime I undo. Any solution?
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Yea Crease+ has been really unstable on the 2018 release for me as well. However OP has been MIA for quite some time, sure they're just busy with stuff, but right now I've just switched to a different bool management tool in the mean time.
  • Polynaught
    Offline / Send Message
    Polynaught polycounter lvl 11
    CreasePlus on Maya 2018:
    Crashes on Undo

ADN Modeler Tools (AMTools) on Maya 2018:
    Shapeshifter is giving warnings about encountering non-manifold vertex. Cannot Bevel.

Tested with 2 simple primitives and a Boolean Panel operation thrown onto them.

I would love to use these scripts to their full advantage. Do I need to go back to Maya 2017?
  • obijohnkenobi
    Will there be any 2018 support??  :#
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    i believe it has become abandonware
  • adeebalm
  • adeebalm
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 11
    i believe it has become abandonware

Sadly he has. he has his money. truly ashame as it had potential. I will likely not purchase anything from him again given he has neglected 2 pieces of software so far.

• Vader
    Offline / Send Message
    Vader polycounter lvl 2
    Hello. I often use Crease +. I really like how your script works. The only thing is that it does not work very correctly on Maya 2018.5. Tell me, when will the script be updated?
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Vader said:
    Hello. I often use Crease +. I really like how your script works. The only thing is that it does not work very correctly on Maya 2018.5. Tell me, when will the script be updated?
    My man, read the thread. It's been abandoned at this point. Check out Hard Mesh for Maya its phenomenal.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Hi there,

Really sorry for being out of the loop this whole time :( , as some of you might have noticed I stopped any social media/forums activities for a while now, mostly to deal with a lot of personal matters and projects (I'll talk about it more in details later this year).

I'm currently at a point where I hope I can slowly come back into the online world, and hopefully this will be the first post of many :)

Anyway, back to the topic: Crease+ has been remade from scratch and now supports Maya 2016 to Maya 2019. What's more, I've also added a non-destructive geometry bevel, a brand-new curve beveling tool and a curves to polygon tool.

The UI has also been remade from scratch to be more discrete, and hides itself when you stop using it, while still giving you its location in case you need it. More on this GIF:

The tool is ready to be deployed and only needs some extra testing for a few days before I can ship it. If you're interested please drop me a PM and I'll send you the latest version for you to try it out!

Thanks!

• pOgOstyle
    Offline / Send Message
    pOgOstyle polycounter lvl 8
    Your'e alive! Im still using crease+ everyday and this stuff looks promising.
  • GlowingPotato
    Offline / Send Message
    GlowingPotato polycounter lvl 10
    WaYWO said:
    Hi there,

Really sorry for being out of the loop this whole time :( , as some of you might have noticed I stopped any social media/forums activities for a while now, mostly to deal with a lot of personal matters and projects (I'll talk about it more in details later this year).

I'm currently at a point where I hope I can slowly come back into the online world, and hopefully this will be the first post of many :)

Anyway, back to the topic: Crease+ has been remade from scratch and now supports Maya 2016 to Maya 2019. What's more, I've also added a non-destructive geometry bevel, a brand-new curve beveling tool and a curves to polygon tool.

The UI has also been remade from scratch to be more discrete, and hides itself when you stop using it, while still giving you its location in case you need it. More on this GIF:

The tool is ready to be deployed and only needs some extra testing for a few days before I can ship it. If you're interested please drop me a PM and I'll send you the latest version for you to try it out!

Thanks!

I would love to try this!
  • jeorge
    Offline / Send Message
    jeorge polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, WaYWO are you also planning to update NDM phoenix? or are you aiming to consolidate the tools in to one plug in? Thanks.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Hey @jeorge ! To answer your question: NDM, Quick Pipe, ADN Modeler Tools, Quad Caps and even Crease+ are all gonna be consolidated into a bigger project Baidhir and I have been working on for a few years already, and you should be able to use them whether you're a Maya Max or Blender user.

We still don't have any specific ETA for public beta but as always "it's in the works" ^^'
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
    jmlinares polycounter lvl 5
    Yessss, you guys are back!!!! Here I am in case you need some testing. Tones of hard surface models are here waiting to be used XDD
    Still using Crease+ as my main modeling tool
  • romix
    Offline / Send Message
    romix polycounter lvl 5
    Fansub said:
    Hey @jeorge ! To answer your question: NDM, Quick Pipe, ADN Modeler Tools, Quad Caps and even Crease+ are all gonna be consolidated into a bigger project Baidhir and I have been working on for a few years already, and you should be able to use them whether you're a Maya Max or Blender user.

We still don't have any specific ETA for public beta but as always "it's in the works" ^^'
    Can we expect to see an alpha version soon? Or even video preview :)
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    As soon as we feel like the software is ready to be publicly showcased believe me we're gonna be screaming about it all over the internet :D
  • KonginChains
    Offline / Send Message
    KonginChains polycounter lvl 12
    Looking forward to it! I had bought creaseplus just last week, it didn't have the nice update ui in WayWo new demo video. Also shapeshifter is disabled, I get an error message "Unable to start ShapeShifter,you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support." How do I go about doing this?

However, I still don't know know what the exact difference is between shapeshifter, hibevel and physical crease. They all seem the same to me, which is it finds all hard edges and bevels them. Anyone care to enlighten me?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Looking forward to it! I had bought creaseplus just last week, it didn't have the nice update ui in WayWo new demo video. Also shapeshifter is disabled, I get an error message "Unable to start ShapeShifter,you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support." How do I go about doing this?

However, I still don't know know what the exact difference is between shapeshifter, hibevel and physical crease. They all seem the same to me, which is it finds all hard edges and bevels them. Anyone care to enlighten me?

ShapeShifter is a third party, you must have ADN Modeling tools to use it,
    all the SS button does is call the non proprietary script.
    However I PM'd you the last C+ :)
  • WaYWO
  • Flmn
    Offline / Send Message
    Flmn polycounter lvl 6
    @WaYWO finally, thanks! Really loved the interface, but I found a thing, which actually worked in previous version, but not now. If you want to boolean several instances from an object, only the first one will be cut out. Others will just stay in place and do nothing. However, the instances will still share their shape. And if you try to boolean instances one by one, then the boolean toggle will act, not the actual boolean operation.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    are you talking about booleans with an instanced mesh ,
    as instances that share one mesh, a common entity ?
    yes this has been removed, I can reintroduce it
  • Flmn
    Offline / Send Message
    Flmn polycounter lvl 6
    That's the case. I use a lot of this.

• Joopsky
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopsky polycounter lvl 11
    @WaYWO Man I'm so glad you decided to revitalize the script, I use it on a daily basis and have been for the last three years. Hope you've dealt with your personal stuff and gonna keep on making our lives easier with your script magic

The only question I have so far is this, am I doing something wrong with the new crease preset? cause every time i apply a crease preset to an edge it removes crease from other edges on a mesh

UPD. OK so as far as I understand it's possible to assign different crease values to multiple edges on a mesh through CreaseSetEditor but its rather inconvenient, it was much easier in previous version of the script where u just select an edge and give it a crease value and it wont affect other values on the same mesh, so at this point my question would be - is the new behavior  a bug or a feature?

UPD2 I must be getting it totally wrong? because it seems that no crease button work like it used to? u can select any number of creased edges and assign NO crease to them, and will uncrease selected edges and leave crease on the unselected, is it possible to change the crease preset button to the same behavior?
  • gorbovski
    Offline / Send Message
    gorbovski polycounter lvl 2
    Hello!
        It looks like this is the first time I can not install the script myself  =)
         I copied the "CreasePlus" folder to my script folder, even in two places at once.
    Here:     c:\Users\Alex\Documents\maya\2017\scripts\
    And here:      c:\Users\Alex\Documents\maya\scripts\

I also copy the "CreasePlusIcons" folder in the folder with the icons, in the preferences:

c:\Users\Alex\Documents\maya\2017\prefs\icons\

But when I run the script, this error appears:
    # Error: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 6: Plug-in, "CreasePlusNodes.py", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. # 

Despite the error, the interface appears, but in this form:

What am I doing wrong?
  • Joopsky
    Offline / Send Message
    @gorbovski Is it possible you are running the script in MEL tab instead of Python one?
  • gorbovski
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I am running script in Python. If run script in  MEL Maya displays syntax error. 
  • gorbovski
    Offline / Send Message
    Could there be an error in the command that I run?
       I take whole this code and run:

import maya.cmds as cmds
    from CreasePlus import CreasePlusMain
    CreasePlusMain.start()

if not cmds.pluginInfo("CreasePlusNodes", q=True, loaded=True):
        cmds.loadPlugin("CreasePlusNodes.py")

# attach it as python script / runtime command to hotkey, for attribute iteration in context (optional):
    CreasePlusMain.crepcore.creasePlusLastCtx()

# attach it as python script / runtime command to hotkey, for edge soft/hard toggle (optional):
    CreasePlusMain.crepcore.creasePlusToggleEdgeSmooth()

# commands / defs for bindings / scripts can be found in def_sheet file

# thank you
  • Joopsky
    Offline / Send Message
    @gorbovski All u need is the first 3 lines actually 
  • gorbovski
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay. My сolleague help me to understand what I am doing wrong. 
         In Maya.env file I add path to CreasePlus folder script. In my case it look like this:
    MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH = %REDSHIFT_PLUG_IN_PATH%;c:\Users\Alex\Documents\maya\2017\scripts\CreasePlus\
    Due to the fact that the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH line already existed in this file, I added an absolute path to the script folder through the semicolon.
       I also had to move the folder with the icons to the scripts folder too, because otherwise the icons were not found.
         Apparently, I misunderstood the installation instructions, because that's what it says there. I’m just used to the fact that the icons should be in the folder with the icons.
       Thank's to all!
  • eXecutex
    Offline / Send Message
    eXecutex polycounter lvl 9
    Hey @WaYWO you've done such an amazing job ! And I think the whole industry should thank you and praise you!
    One thing I am confused regarding the hotkeys is that I can't set them up to for example makeUv, every time I try to put on a hotkey it gives an error.
    It says this:
    from CreasePlusMain import crepcore
    crepcore.creasePlusMakeUv()
    # Error: ImportError: file <maya console> line 2: No module named CreasePlusMain # 

I managed to put the actual plugin in a hotkey run, but not this specific action of the plugin or any other. I don't know what's the case of that module trying to find it. No idea if I am doing something wrong tho. I tried to follow the instructions but no luck. Would be great if you could help around this.
  • stevob
    Offline / Send Message
    stevob polycounter lvl 5
    Excited to buy this plugin. However now disappointed. The only documentation and videos I could find are three years out of date. From my experience so far it seems that the plugin is only partially functioning:
        Live booleans of mesh objects works    Seam cut feature works but is not 'Live'. Maybe that's a limitation but without documentation it's hard to know.
        The bevel button doesn't work. Maya bevel works partially     HBevel Live doesn't appear to work    Nested booleans sometimes break

Would be grateful for advice / documentation. Could be a great plugin.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    sorry for being late
    @Joopsky should be fixed now , tell me if it works
    gorbovski happy you could figure it on your own, sorry
    eXecutex ty, updated the pdf file , made a mistake it's actually just something like
    "
    CreasePlusMain.crepcore.creasePlusMakeUv()
    "
    @stevob , seam cut ? you mean mesh slicer, well it's not meant to be realtime,
    it's like panel bool with a curve
    can you PM me  precise cases of these bugs ? thank you
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Now keep in mind that I'm severely occupied being sick (getting better)
    and working w @Fansub on something bigger, and having great responsibilities and this and that
    so I may not be as active as before at peak here,
    that's also one of the reason I made C+ free too... anyway I beg your forgiveness
  • Joopsky
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO said:
    sorry for being late
    @gorbovski happy you could figure it on your own, sorry
    @eXecutex ty, updated the pdf file , made a mistake it's actually just something like
    "
    "
    Yep! It's working thanks a ton man. Keep up the good work
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    bug report.

maya version 2018.4
    when running HBevel. This comes up

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "dragAttrToolValues". //
  • WaYWO
  • stevob
    Offline / Send Message
    stevob polycounter lvl 5
    WaYWO said:
    sorry for being late
    @gorbovski happy you could figure it on your own, sorry
    @eXecutex ty, updated the pdf file , made a mistake it's actually just something like
    "
    "
    Cheers

I'm having more luck with the plugin now that I'm working out how it works . Part of the problem for me is that without proper documentation it's hard to know how to use the plugin and what to expect.

For instance Bevel will work, but only if you select ONLY the main booleaned object. If you also accidentally select the cutting object, or both objects, it will do something weird.

Regarding the Bevel command, when you do apply bevel it will often look like nothing has happened and you will only see a bevel after you start playing with the parameters.

I would be grateful for some help with a new problem. When I run the script I get the following message:
    ....\CreasePlusCore.py line 53: A namespace of the given name 'cPbool' already exists"

I've tried deleting anything called 'cPbool' in the Outliner but this doesn't help
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    yes sorry i thought the little info on hover would be sufficient, well it's not
    but I was running out of time again,
    I'm curious about your case try replacing your CreasePlusCore.py
    if it doesn't work get me by PM
  • vlaama
    Is there any chance to get an update for 2020.1?
    Thanks!
  • VagiVagi69
    Hi, I'm new here and relatively fresh to scripts in Maya. I am too stupid to understand how to properly install it. Can someone make a quick video on how to install it please? Thank you! And @WaYWO keep up the good work and get better! 
  • BartekK
    Hi, I'm new here and relatively fresh to scripts in Maya. I am too stupid to understand how to properly install it. Can someone make a quick video on how to install it please? Thank you! And @WaYWO keep up the good work and get better! 
    First, you have to copy both folders into your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\maya\(maya_version)\scripts folder.
    Then, open script editor (1), click clear all button (2), switch tab to python and paste the following:

import maya.cmds as cmds
    CreasePlusMain.start()

Select all that text and drag to your shelf by holding MMB button (3). Done!

• VagiVagi69
    BartekK said:
    First, you have to copy both folders into your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\maya\(maya_version)\scripts folder.
    Then, open script editor (1), click clear all button (2), switch tab to python and paste the following:

import maya.cmds as cmds
    CreasePlusMain.start()

Select all that text and drag to your shelf by holding MMB button (3). Done!

Thank you for the answer. I did everything that you said, but I still get this error:

# Error: AttributeError: file <maya console> line 3: 'module' object has no attribute 'start' # 

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @VagiVagi69 have you read the "readit.txt" file  ?
    the install is really simple you just have to extract the archive in
    documents\maya\{maya_version}\scripts\
    close maya and do the script editor steps given by @BartekK (thx)
    should work  :/
  • VagiVagi69
    WaYWO said:
    @VagiVagi69 have you read the "readit.txt" file  ?
    the install is really simple you just have to extract the archive in
    documents\maya\{maya_version}\scripts\
    close maya and do the script editor steps given by @BartekK (thx)
    should work  :/
    I did everything as said in readit.txt, but still I get this error message: 
    # Error: AttributeError: file <maya console> line 3: 'module' object has no attribute 'start' #