[noparse]

Update! It's version 1.0 guys !
[noparse]https://youtu.be/JMx-GLaCtxE

Replies

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    ziwuxin said:
    I have a question about hard bevel. Where can I find bevel type, such as Round, Star, and Average? BTW, I'm using 0.98 version.
    get version 1 ! :pensive:  , Bevel type appears in Maya 2016 Ext 2 not before :smile:
  • dimlight
    i bought crease+ 1.0 recently, and im noob about maya too...
    this is reaally fascinating tool so learning it with variable shapes...
    but some questions. i've met some broken faces after hbevel work like this.

(and i cant see icons :( maybe install problem...?)
    these faces ar removed by adding extra edges for corners, but is there any options for that?
    adding edges before hbevel work makes 
    problem like this...

sorry about noob questions but it'll be very helpful for me....
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @dimlight someone already pm about the bevel issue , I'm releasing a fix really soon, For the Icon, make sure your installation is right and you have the CP_Icons folder in the same directory with the script file :smile:
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Fix for HBevel has been uploaded (Fix also for Extension bevel and physical crease)
  • pOgOstyle
    Offline / Send Message
    pOgOstyle polycounter lvl 8
    Maya still crash with HBevel after undo. Happens not all the time but quite often.
  • PatsuKiki
    Offline / Send Message
    PatsuKiki polycounter lvl 6

Maya still crash with HBevel after undo. Happens not all the time but quite often.
    Hi Waywo, yeah I have to second what pOgOstyle said. 

I am in love with this tool but the HBevel is causing a little grief unfortunately. So basically I thought it was just Maya being weird but the HBevel does really crash maya quite a lot. Basically, I select object in object mode, hit Hbevel and then undo, 2 seconds later it crashes. This happens I would say around 3 out of 5 times. Sometimes it's stable, sometimes it crashes. 

Using Maya 2016, SP6, Windows 10, all up to date.

Aside from the Bug, OMG the booleans! The booleans!!! AMAZING, I would have gladly paid just to get the boolean functionality. 

Also, could you point me in the direction of how to properly use all the functions of the plugin?
    For the life of me I just cannot get the 'curve mesh slice' to work. It's probably something I'm doing wrong. I tried to look for how to use it in your previous tut videos on youtube and played with in Maya, but couldn't figure it out. 

Cheers 
  • ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    HBevel crash here too. Same as above, a few seconds after undo. Im using Maya 2017
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    HBevel Crashes for me too, fairly often, on Maya 2016 and 2017. Seems like it happens more when I undo quickly, but that could just be my perception.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @PatsuKiki documentation will be made, mesh slicer works with orthogonal views, or with dominant viewplane in perspective (if you mostly face x, it's slice towards x axis and etc...)

@all , lol when I though it was fixed, I'll go back to it :smile:
    sorry for the crashes, please keep saving before using this evil thing also,
    does it occure when you use HBevel in face mode ?
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi there! What about quad fill tool? Is it on wip?))

• witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi guys, now commands for use tools doesn't work if i didn't start creaseplus script befor use it. I mean that i have to start c+ once befor i can use my marking menus can you explain how i can use commands whithout it?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @witos you have to, this is normal, open then close it .. IF you really want it :
    -get into the script and delete the very last line "cpUi;"
    -modify the commands within the marking menu, and add before : source "CreasePlus.mel"; followed by the marking menu command
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    @WaYWO Thanks a lot! it's work for me. In last version Physical Crease works with chamfer, i know that a i can disable it in nodes, but in earlier versions it works more comfortable - without chamfer.
  • art13eck
    Offline / Send Message
    art13eck polycounter lvl 4
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @art13eck put the Icon folder and scripts in C:\Users\User\Documents\maya\MAYA_VERSION\CP_Icons
  • art13eck
    Offline / Send Message
    art13eck polycounter lvl 4
    WaYWO said:
    @art13eck put the Icon folder and scripts in C:\Users\User\Documents\maya\MAYA_VERSION\CP_Icons
    thx. my bad..
  • mr.AFK
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.AFK polycounter lvl 5
    Bought (& downloaded) it last night. Using ShapeShifter i get "CreasePlus.mel line 713: Unable to start ShapeShifter,you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support." But since I've purchased it and downloaded it last night I'm guessing that's not the actual problem...? I've tested it in both Maya 2016 & 2017 (on windows 10). 
  • morphtek
    Offline / Send Message
    morphtek null
    i bought all of your scripts and i have alot of problems with them, if you want i can create a video for you to help you see which sequence of actions crashes ,and/or just stops working ,your script is amazing its on the level of blenders hard ops and it can be even better if it only just works
  • Brandon_L
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon_L polycounter lvl 2
    Sooo, I can't get Maya to read the script, no matter where I put it in the directory files, I followed the tut included and tried experimenting and still nothing :(
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    mr.AFK said:
    Bought (& downloaded) it last night. Using ShapeShifter i get "CreasePlus.mel line 713: Unable to start ShapeShifter,you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support." But since I've purchased it and downloaded it last night I'm guessing that's not the actual problem...? I've tested it in both Maya 2016 & 2017 (on windows 10). 
    @mr.AFK  Maybe ShapeShifter is in the wrong place ? 
    morphtek said:
    i bought all of your scripts and i have alot of problems with them, if you want i can create a video for you to help you see which sequence of actions crashes ,and/or just stops working ,your script is amazing its on the level of blenders hard ops and it can be even better if it only just works
     @morphtek PM me Please, with more details .. .
    Brandon_L said:
    Sooo, I can't get Maya to read the script, no matter where I put it in the directory files, I followed the tut included and tried experimenting and still nothing :(
    @Brandon_L getting any errors  ? please give me more details, make sure everything is in the script Folder : document / maya / mayaVersion/ scripts / , including icons , and CreasePlus_Extension1  .. .  Im really busy these days , sorray
  • Brandon_L
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon_L polycounter lvl 2
    I think I got it, I made a dumb mistake and got it fixed :p@WaYWO
  • Saiodin
    Offline / Send Message
    Saiodin polycounter lvl 5
    Hey. Loving the plugin so far, great work!

A quesiton about Physical Crease tho.
    My result looks like this: 

while in your latest video it looks like this:

Is there a way for me to not have the chamfer?
    Cheers!
  • Kevin Albers
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    I bought this, and look forward to using it. However, the lack of proper documentation is a serious issue. Could you please prioritize creating the documentation that you have been mentioning for months? Tremendously detailed documentation would NOT be needed, but something more than a single image plus some videos without audio please. 

I do appreciate the script! I don't want to emphasize my complaint. It seems like it will be a great addition for doing hard surface modeling, assuming I can make the most of it by reading documentation.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Kevin Albers thanks for the reminder, sorry again :sweat_smile:

@Saiodin Maya 2016 BottleNeck :sweat:

with Maya 16 Ext2 , anything above Maya 16 , you'l l get it right 
  • Saiodin
    Offline / Send Message
    Saiodin polycounter lvl 5
    WaYWO said:
    @Kevin Albers thanks for the reminder, sorry again :sweat_smile:

@Saiodin Maya 2016 BottleNeck :sweat:

with Maya 16 Ext2 , anything above Maya 16 , you'l l get it right 
    Ah yeah... I feared that would be the case. Damn : I Thanks for the response.
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    how to use curve chamfer?

EDIT: nvm I found how to do it. but it doesn't work very well. I ended up using this script ezRoundCornerOfLinearCurve its in python but maybe you can implement this in mel?
  • Kirax
    Offline / Send Message
    Kirax null
    Hi, I just bought your plugin which is great so far, but I have a few bugs that bother me a lot.

-The most annoying is that my Maya crashes a lot since the new plugin. It's Extension 1 + SP6.

-Everytime I launch maya I have to go back to the hotkey editor and reassign it.

-The plugin won't work with the command written in your doc or in your video. The only way to make it work in my Maya is to write : source "CreasePlus.mel";

I don't know if this can cause troubles.

Can you please help me ? Thanks ! 

Ps : Maya crashes nearly everytime I use your plugin I don't understand why !
  • OvidiusTiberius
    Offline / Send Message
    OvidiusTiberius polycounter lvl 3
    Hi, i bought Crease + and i was just testing the boolean feature. I keep getting some nasty bugs and behaviors with the mesh when I modify faces, say rotate them. Also sometimes the object gets skewed if you rotate it. I added here an image to show you what i mean. Ktools works absolutely fine with the same situations. 
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    getting tons of crashes in maya 2017 update 3. also it seems to not work properly half the time, where the HBevel offset attribute slider seems to not change anything. 
  • Montreseur
    Offline / Send Message
    Montreseur polycounter lvl 6
    Getting consistent unpredictable behavior from Hbevel, essentially exploding my meshes in strange ways or doing nothing it all, not able to selectively apply it to edges and faces. Also getting the undo crash.

Documentation would be really nice.
  • Bizzarro
    Offline / Send Message
    Bizzarro polycounter lvl 9
    Recently bought the crease plus,  the bool, panel bool, shape shifter, keep bool and mesh slicer don't work. When l click the tools l get error file in various CreasePlus.mel lines using bool tools. When using the shapeshifter l get unable to start ShapeShifter , you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Bizzarro said:
    When using the shapeshifter l get unable to start ShapeShifter , you have to purchase or update ShapeShifter for CREASE+ support
    If you get that message then you either didn't purchase and installed ShapeShifter (which is a separate tool sold in ADN Modeler Tools)
    or something was messed up during the installation process of either Crease+ or ADN Modeler Tools.

Pinging @WaYWO for the full support, he should be here asap :)
  • throttlekitty
    Getting consistent unpredictable behavior from Hbevel, essentially exploding my meshes in strange ways or doing nothing it all, not able to selectively apply it to edges and faces. Also getting the undo crash.

I'll take a guess that you're working in too large or small of a scale, or you have geometry intersections very close to a hard edge. Like extruding a face of a cube and scaling it only a very small amount.
  • Bizzarro
    Offline / Send Message
    Bizzarro polycounter lvl 9
    thank you @Fansub, had no idea l had to purchase and modeler tools for shapeshifter to work
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Kevin Albers  > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ry1IWGk2MWJefsQh0aUKjp3_3XPEKXVA_cKxnJnI_Zk/pub
    @onionhead_o  great idea ! thanks.
    @OvidiusTiberius sorry yeah , rotating boolean objects errors are random, will fix it.
    @Bizzarro you still get errors with Bool commands ?
    @Montreseur  > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ry1IWGk2MWJefsQh0aUKjp3_3XPEKXVA_cKxnJnI_Zk/pub
    and ALL  : 

been busy for a long time but I won't let you guys down, I just need to finish some projects and I'll be back in the scripting game stuff. Then I'll update and fix everything I can , until that , here's the complete (I Hope) documentation, you will be able to find it under the Help Menu in Crease+ window (verify your mails for that) : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ry1IWGk2MWJefsQh0aUKjp3_3XPEKXVA_cKxnJnI_Zk/pub

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

I'll take a guess that you're working in too large or small of a scale, or you have geometry intersections very close to a hard edge. Like extruding a face of a cube and scaling it only a very small amount.
    yup I didn't take scale into account because I always use the default setup, just added this on the list of things to fix
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Also I wanted to give a shoutout to JMLinares , I think the Dude Kills it with Crease+ he makes a remarquable use of it, Go see his juicy stuffs : http://www.jmlinares.com/blog
  • Bluewake
    Offline / Send Message
    Bluewake polycounter lvl 2
    Does this work on Maya 2018?
  • pOgOstyle
    Offline / Send Message
    yes! But HBevel not fixed yet.
  • IxenonI
    Offline / Send Message
    IxenonI interpolator
    @WaYWO
    getting constant crashes on maya 2016, maya 2017 update 4 and 2018 as soon as the plugin is loaded and am using hbevel or physical crease. Is this being worked on / is there a fix for this?
  • onionhead_o
    Offline / Send Message
    latest CreasePlus 7-15-17 CurveChamfer doesn't work.

Gives this error
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Keltam_PC/Documents/maya/2016.5/scripts/CreasePlus.mel line 813: Possible only on one curve.

I only have one curve selected already and its linear 1 degree.

• ZaqSchlanger
    Offline / Send Message
    ZaqSchlanger polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, I just got Crease+ set up and I tried using the physical crease option on Maya 2017, and I am getting a bevel result much like some of the above posters. Is there any indication why this would be happening on 2017?

thanks!
  • PeralesChia
    Hi there, is the plugin being supported by the author recently? I would love to give it a try with Maya 2018. Seems promising.
  • cromadbomber
    Offline / Send Message
    cromadbomber polycounter lvl 10
    @PeralesChia Works on 2018 for me. Altho I believe there hasn't been an update since July. I emailed the author a week or two ago and he hasn't replied yet.
  • Orgazmaat
    Offline / Send Message
    Orgazmaat polycounter lvl 3
    Greetings.

Been surprised i have no polycount account yet. vOv 
    Anyway , looks like Baidhir forgot us. And we have to do something with this "HBevel" and "Physical Crease" stuff. For all who have troubles with script - edit CreasePlus.mel .
     Just find these lines:

if(!$cp_iterator_1){         
             dragAttrContext -e -ct ($op[0] + ".hOffset") "cpCtx"; print "Switch to H Offset";
                }else if($cp_iterator_1 == 1){
                dragAttrContext -e -ct ($op[0] + ".hDivisions") "cpCtx"; print "Switch to H Divisions";
               }else{
             dragAttrContext -e -ct ($op[0] + ".hOffset") "cpCtx"; print "Switch to H Offset";
            $cp_iterator_1 = 0;
               }

and comment them using "//" in the begining of the line. This surely will kill something else, but it looks like it solved my problems with Hbevel for now on 2016.5 SP1.

See ya o/.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Hey, I'm looking to purchase this on gumroad for the live boolean feature, but had a couple questions first.
    1. Does it work in Maya 2017 and 2018?
    2. What does the UV tool do, I am looking to do the live boolean and then have the resulting faces it creates have a specific UV tiling amount applied to them, can it do that or do I need to adjust the UV tiling after the boolean is complete.
  • cromadbomber
    Offline / Send Message
    cromadbomber polycounter lvl 10
    @malcolm Yep it does work for 17/18 release. Altho I would recommend you to get DCBoolManager its alot less buggy and its free.
    For UV Tool it creates islands based on the hard edges.
  • pOgOstyle
    Offline / Send Message
    Go for Mainframe boolean system.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I'll check out DCBoolManager, I already found the Mainframe one, but it doesn't support 2017 which we use at work currently. The mainframe one looks amazing though.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry forgot to ask, the tool we need actually needs to cut an object in half, but leave the internal faces, so I need to do a boolean difference, but don't delete the first object, any suggestions on that tool? Free is not a requirement either.