Replies

• Odow
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    So sad we're still on 2015 at the office :'(
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi there, nice update, still waiting for custom run commands for each tool ;) and customization window ;) scrolll in window so bored for me))) 
    And i have another one quation - can your bevels work with faces? or maybe shapeshifter for faces not only with objects it will be awesome maybe as option.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    witos said:
    Hi there, nice update, still waiting for custom run commands for each tool ;) and customization window ;) scrolll in window so bored for me))) 
    And i have another one quation - can your bevels work with faces? or maybe shapeshifter for faces not only with objects it will be awesome maybe as option.
    Thinking about all this stuff, great ideas. Now if you select faces/ edges and hit the hotkey, it will call default bevel, and It's really handy , because everything is adjustable with MMB / cycle parameters :)
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message
    nervouschimp polycounter lvl 4
    Hi, WayWO, thanks again for the nice tools. I've found that Hbevel creates a big mess on 2017 and also is prone to crashes when undoing. Maya 2017 update 1. Is this feature meant for the older versions of Maya?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Hi, WayWO, thanks again for the nice tools. I've found that Hbevel creates a big mess on 2017 and also is prone to crashes when undoing. Maya 2017 update 1. Is this feature meant for the older versions of Maya?
    I'm downloading update 1 to see right now.
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

So I think I can do anything I could in MeshFusion in Maya now. Of course I have to do some cleanup, but that's what hot keys are for. For areas that need a broad blend, I just use Maya's excellent multicut tool to cut out a nice wide span and fill it back in with quads using the quad draw tool. I love the way Maya's cut tool cuts through many spans at once. So fast. While the temptation is there to Zremesh a model with difficult intersections, this is usually not necessary. You can just retopo the blend, and still have a mesh that shades perfectly.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

So I think I can do anything I could in MeshFusion in Maya now. Of course I have to do some cleanup, but that's what hot keys are for. For areas that need a broad blend, I just use Maya's excellent multicut tool to cut out a nice wide span and fill it back in with quads using the quad draw tool. I love the way Maya's cut tool cuts through many spans at once. So fast. While the temptation is there to Zremesh a model with difficult intersections, this is usually not necessary. You can just retopo the blend, and still have a mesh that shades perfectly.
    Ho man! that's you :D , will put that workflow as the no 2 in the Doc ! spicy models here!
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

Redshift isn't bothered at all by my nasty boolean models. :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

Redshift isn't bothered at all by my nasty boolean models. :)
    hot stuff :D
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    by the Way
    @nervouschimp and All

Update released ! Check your mails!

Update log :
    -HBevel and SolidBevel no longer triangulate the mesh on call in Maya 2017 and Maya 2017 LT (make sure you have the last update of Maya) in this case "update 1"

Download last Maya update :
    You can update Maya through 'Autodesk Desktop app', if you don't have it, download it :
    Autodesk Desktop App
    Maya 2017 release notes > https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/Maya_2017_Update1_Readme_enu.htm
    Maya 2017 LT release notes > https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/MayaLT_2017_Update1_Readme_enu.htm

• nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

OK, so Hbevel and solidBevel are working much better in Maya 2017. Thanks! I am wondering if it might be possible to also run solidBevel on a selection of edges. For the blend of the cylinder to the cube, I set all edges to soft, marked the intersection sharp, and ran solidBevel. Then I made some quick adjustments to the 8 or so verts that were too skewed (transform in surface slide), and finally ran a bevel on the center loop with mitering set to edge. After I had my blend done, I did a solidBevel, quick cleanup, and finally an Hbevel on the sharp edges. That might sound like a lot work, but it's really not bad. It goes quick once you've done it a few times. But it would be nice to fire off solidBevel on a selection of edges. Thanks!
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

And just for LOLs, here is my MeshFusion results in Modo. Now you can understand why I am doing this stuff in Maya. In 8 out of 10 cases with MeshFusion, I throw up my hands and say f*ck this sh*t. It was faster, and yielded better results to just do this operation in Maya with CreasePlus and some direct modeling.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

OK, so Hbevel and solidBevel are working much better in Maya 2017. Thanks! I am wondering if it might be possible to also run solidBevel on a selection of edges. For the blend of the cylinder to the cube, I set all edges to soft, marked the intersection sharp, and ran solidBevel. Then I made some quick adjustments to the 8 or so verts that were too skewed (transform in surface slide), and finally ran a bevel on the center loop with mitering set to edge. After I had my blend done, I did a solidBevel, quick cleanup, and finally an Hbevel on the sharp edges. That might sound like a lot work, but it's really not bad. It goes quick once you've done it a few times. But it would be nice to fire off solidBevel on a selection of edges. Thanks!
    Good idea for the next update, will make it possible for Faces too! :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

And just for LOLs, here is my MeshFusion results in Modo. Now you can understand why I am doing this stuff in Maya. In 8 out of 10 cases with MeshFusion, I throw up my hands and say f*ck this sh*t. It was faster, and yielded better results to just do this operation in Maya with CreasePlus and some direct modeling.
    Shit , that's some nasty ass fillet here :o , I heard Mesh Fusion workflow was redundant but now...
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

And another exercise. Fun stuff. Do you think it would be too much to expose the mitering as a tweak-able param?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

And another exercise. Fun stuff. Do you think it would be too much to expose the mitering as a tweak-able param?
    Dude... :o , Dude ! wow , It depends, Would you use it that often ? :)
    Ps > you made my new wallpaper
  • GeoCat
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

Thanks, guys. Another lil doodad.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    nervouschimp that's badass ! :o if you could make a small video showing your workflow with CreasePlus that would be great ! :D
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Fansub
    Now that's a great use of it! , Damn keep it up @nervouschimp !
  • redbeardsescapades
    EDIT: you can forget those emails I sent you, all working fine now. I copied the script to the wrong folder............... :s anyway GREAT WORK and thanks a lot for this plugin and its fair pricing :)
  • Matt Fagan
    Offline / Send Message
    Matt Fagan polycounter lvl 9
    I'm a new user to this plug-in. First let me say Thank You, for creating and sharing this tool with all of us!

The only feedback troubling me with the tool currently is the UI for it. Its locked frame that cannot be adjusted, or slated into the Maya UI. Nor can it be visible in a vertical dialogue. (Which I would much prefer) i.e - Maya's Modeling Toolkit.

Is it possible for the next update, to allow the user to do the mentioned? The locked size and small window with large buttons makes more click dragging and clicking between tabs a bit tedious. Taking away the obvious benefit of creating fast shapes & using operations with ease.

I don't have technical feedback to it's behavior atm. But will add more posts if I encounter anything other than what's been mentioned already in this thread.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    I'm a new user to this plug-in. First let me say Thank You, for creating and sharing this tool with all of us!

The only feedback troubling me with the tool currently is the UI for it. Its locked frame that cannot be adjusted, or slated into the Maya UI. Nor can it be visible in a vertical dialogue. (Which I would much prefer) i.e - Maya's Modeling Toolkit.

Is it possible for the next update, to allow the user to do the mentioned? The locked size and small window with large buttons makes more click dragging and clicking between tabs a bit tedious. Taking away the obvious benefit of creating fast shapes & using operations with ease.

I don't have technical feedback to it's behavior atm. But will add more posts if I encounter anything other than what's been mentioned already in this thread.
     @Matt Fagan Taken in consideration for future updates, thank you :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Matt Fagan @nervouschimp @Bertmac @witos and all

New update has been released, check your mails, or re-download from Gumroad :)

****Update Log/ What's New?
    -Local Bevel on Faces/ Faces Shell using HBevel , NOTE : Not possible with Solid Bevel At the moment.
        PS : Beveling is getting better and better!
    -New exposed parameter in Channel Box for HBevel and Solid Bevel : Bevel Type
    -Access to internal commands for user hotkey Setup
    -Resizeable window !(window size is not saved when closing).
    -Stability increase (crash prevent)
    -Updated Documentation

INSTALLATION TWEAKS (Must be done!)|
    Go to Windows > Preferences > Hotkey Editor|
    From there set the 'Edit Hotkeys For:' Rollout, to 'Custom Scripts'.|
    Get to Crease+ then 'Runtime Command' Tab and Edit it by hitting "Edit"(Create a New one if you deleted the old setup).|
    In the Text Field, with 'MEL' on, erase everything and past that bit :

source "LaunchCreasePlus.mel"; cpCore;

**** Internal Commands
    Here is a list of the commands you can map to a hotkey!!!
    ____[only care for what is in between the square brackets]____

[cpToggleBool;] : Toggle the boolean Boxes and Full's|
    [hbBeveler 2;] : Calls HBevel|
    [hbBeveler 1;] : Calls Solid Bevel (not available in Maya 2016)|
    [GetShapeShifter;] : Calls ShapeShifter|
    [cpCrease 0;] : Crease your mesh|
    [cpCrease 1;] : Crease your mesh and get it to Zbrush with cleanup|
    [hbDisplayBoolean 1;] : Box Bool|
    [hbDisplayBoolean 2;] : Full Bool|
    [hbDisplayBoolean 3;] : Keep Bool|
    [hbDisplayBoolean 4;] : Panel operation|
    [hbDisplayBoolean 5;] : Instance Bool|
    [cpConvertInstanceToObject;] : Convert Instance to object and free transforms|
    [cpMirror;] : Mirror your mesh|
    [cpCleanAttr;] : Clean All added attributes on the object|
    [hbGoz;] : Gets your mesh into Zbrush with cleanup on Ngons|
    [hbDisplay 1;] : Calls Select Hard edges|
    [hbDisplay 2;] : Calls soft display|
    [hbDisplay 3;] : Calls Hard display|
    [hbDisplay 4;] : Calls Xray|
    [UVpop;] : Calls C+ UV window|
    [cpToggleLast;] : Get in parameter cycle of the last operation|
    [cpTransferLast;] : Transfer from first object parameters to selected objects|
    [hbBakeBottom;] : Bake history from the bottom|
    [hbBakeSelected;] : Bake selected from channel Box|
    [cpCloseCurve;] : Close selected curve|
    [cpAttachCurve;] : Attach Two curves|
    [cpCurveBevel;] : calls Curve Bevel|
    [cpCurveBool;] : calls Curve Intersection|
    [cpCurvePrecision;] : multiply points of the curve by two|
    [cpSlice;] : Calls mesh slicer|
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, WaYWO!

I'll check it out when I get a free moment.
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message
    jmlinares polycounter lvl 5
    Hello!! Just checking the last version and found the same behaviour when you Crt+Z an action (the previous one too). If you want to undo any process Maya crashes (Maya 2017 + Update 1 + 64 bits). Anyone with the same issue?
    Video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27267293/Video_1475962295.wmv
    Thanks
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message

Hello again:
    When I select these polys and apply HBevel, the script automatically generates some extra edges (regardless the resolution) that breaks the rounded shape (see attached file).
    Thanks
  • jmlinares
    Offline / Send Message

Hello again:
    Is there any way to get a clean result (with HBevel option) in this kind of corners? It does not matter how to connect but it breaks.
    Thanks
  • Matt Fagan
    Offline / Send Message
    Matt Fagan polycounter lvl 9
    Edit: Nevermind, got it! :)
    After reading through your new installation instructions. It was confusing until I pasted this in the MEL command line:       
     source "LaunchCreasePlus.mel"; cpCore;
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jmlinares said:
    Hello!! Just checking the last version and found the same behaviour when you Crt+Z an action (the previous one too). If you want to undo any process Maya crashes (Maya 2017 + Update 1 + 64 bits). Anyone with the same issue?
    Video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27267293/Video_1475962295.wmv
    Thanks
    Well on my side It doesn't creates the extra hard edges and , I have done much nasty operations, undo them will not crash Maya, Though the only difference I have notice watching the video is that you are on Windows 7 while I'm running on Windows 10 ...

So you want to make sure :
    You have a Clean install
    Your smoothing groups, soft/hard edges are set properly (smooth the edges you don't want to Sharpen)
    vertices are not merged?
    retry
    Delete History and retry
    Read the documentation in Beveling section.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jmlinares said:

Hello again:
    Is there any way to get a clean result (with HBevel option) in this kind of corners? It does not matter how to connect but it breaks.
    Thanks

It must be done another way... I used ShapeShifter in that case , tweak some verts, but at best , only getting very thin bevel, so not worth it , there must be another workflow for this one...
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message

I that case you just bevel across, and leave a little room. You can still have sexy time.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth

I that case you just bevel across, and leave a little room. You can still have sexy time.
    Man, how? lol you need to record some vids :)
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message
    Or:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Sexy time.
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Shinigami said:
    wait, that shit works with subdivision?

hey, may I introduce you to my friend max sometime?
    What's the point of this comment? This is a thread about a Maya script, no need for useless trolling.
  • nervouschimp
    Offline / Send Message
    Shinigami said:
    wait, that shit works with subdivision?

hey, may I introduce you to my friend max sometime?
    I am very excited! Please start new thread about friend max and I will read it! Thanks!
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Quick modeling here , using the Local Bevel feature (apply HBevel on Face selection) and It's a big step forward thank to @nervouschimp for the idea... Not only It allows for more precise beveling operation, but it helps prevent errors that you'll get in object Mode. However Local beveling as not all the security checks Object Mode has, although sometimes it can become a big advantage (Yep sometimes HBevel in Face Mode bevels far better then in Object Mode ) , use with caution.

other Pros : You can bevel Shells within an Object without separating One in Two.

Cons : Obviously the main con is that only HBevel is concerned by that feature.
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @WaYWO That looks sexy man :D
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    s1dK said:
    @WaYWO That looks sexy man :D
    Thank you : )
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    For Users that are having problems using HBevel in Maya 2016 , I'm preparing an update , with lot of fixes, and some big changes...
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Some tests, tackling a  @Snefer like Sci-Fi door - 20 Min , I feel like there are few that know about all the features of C+ , the overview Video will come Soon enough.

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Crease+ has an update ! (0.95) check your mails or go re-download it now ! , Then See the ReadMe file and/or the Documentation for more information :)

• Gigantoad
    Offline / Send Message
    Gigantoad polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for the update. I have to say though, you guys have a talent to utterly destroy your UI. Now it looks like a chemistry class  :)
  • jamiemccomb
    Offline / Send Message
    jamiemccomb polycounter lvl 4
    yeah, new icons are unusable, sorry im rolling back this update
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Really does feel like the periodic table. I like the look, but the user-experience is questionable. Really hard to figure out what is what at face value.
    I like how AMTools does it, where it has the big letter icons for each tool, and then a couple of words to describe what it is. Like "QS Quick Smooth". It's instantly readable.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Thank you guys for the Feedback, nothing is final here... Until a even better UI , Read the documentation that has been updated , and describe what does each item of the "periodic table" :) , It'll be fast.
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi there, first what i want to say - thank you for awesome update so now i can edit my markin menus and upgrade my workflow!! ;) But it wil be nice to redo icons for more usefull without letters i think. 

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Gigantoad @Joo @jamiemccomb and All
    The terrible UI is Now Patched ! Check your mails/ re-download please! :) , The Documentation has been updated accordingly :)
    Also modeling this with HBevel and the help of The Quick smoothing Command you can find in Edit Tab '30' .

• Gigantoad
    Offline / Send Message
    Gigantoad polycounter lvl 5
    Much better, thanks. The only confusing thing left to me is some overlap with AMTools. I see ShapeShifter is both in C+ and AMTools?
  • jamiemccomb
    Offline / Send Message
    jamiemccomb polycounter lvl 4
    Brilliant, great update!