RAW's Playlist

[noparse]

Update! It's version 1.0 guys !
[noparse]https://youtu.be/JMx-GLaCtxE

Replies

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    This looks fantastic! Definitely picking this up when it's available. Great work!

Thank you for your support wesmcdermott, video to come soon :)
  • WaYWO
  • rBose
    Offline / Send Message
    rBose polycounter lvl 2
    This is one sexy plugin, cant wait for it to be released!
  • PetSto
    Offline / Send Message
    PetSto polycounter lvl 4
    Release 18. September, awesome, and estimated price ?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Thank you for the support :)  . Estimated price is not decided yet, but it 'll be around 8$ (dollars) . There will be discounts for Quick pipe and AMT customers also :) (Adnan Chaumette tools) .

Here are the images that can be seen in the trailer, these pieces are entirely made with Crease+ , process videos to come soon :)

Receiver part

Sci-fi prop

• mktacuara
    Offline / Send Message
    mktacuara polycounter lvl 9
    When are you releasing it? Can I participate in the beta?

I just saw the video..LOL. Thanks
  • Bertmac
    Offline / Send Message
    Bertmac polycounter lvl 17
    So i have been playing a lot with it. it's pretty cool. It does not work so well on Mac, i have to many crash es with it.  but hey its not advertised right.

Also i know the script is called Crease+  but i really like the combo bevel with Boolean. 
    Right now i am making a small and easy Tutorial just to show off all the features in this great tool.

Hope to get the Update soon.

Thanks WaYWO
  • mktacuara
    Offline / Send Message
    mktacuara polycounter lvl 9
    Is this thing out? How can I get it?

• fdfxd2
    Offline / Send Message
    fdfxd2 interpolator
    So basically... it's hard ops for max
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Hey all , so I updated the first Post, as you guys can see :)
    mktacuara said:
    Is this thing out? How can I get it?

Get CreasePlus
    Report Form

fdfxd2 said:
    So basically... it's hard ops for max

*Maya :)  , Humm, looks like Hard Ops, but quite different, in behaviors and workflows
    Bertmac said:
    So i have been playing a lot with it. it's pretty cool. It does not work so well on Mac, i have to many crash es with it.  but hey its not advertised right.

Also i know the script is called Crease+  but i really like the combo bevel with Boolean. 
    Right now i am making a small and easy Tutorial just to show off all the features in this great tool.

Hope to get the Update soon.

Thanks WaYWO
    Get CreasePlus
    Report Form

Appreciate the love, thank you , Looking forward to the tut ;) , and Yes Mac support is planned to be added !
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Not sure it's been mentioned, but in Maya 2016, I'm running into some issues using Crease+ with Maya's undo. It feels like maybe Crease+ doesn't register when I've undone some of the previous steps, and it shoots out errors as a result.

Just did it to verify, and it gave me this: "//Error: file: C:/Users/blablabla/Documents/Maya/2016/scripts/LaunchCreasePlus.mel line 819: No object matches name: polyCBoolOp2"

But the object it can't find changes each time, as far as I can tell. And once this happens, redoing doesn't seem to fix it.

Otherwise, I like it so far! Just being able to see the boolean object is a huge plus.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Joopson said:
    Not sure it's been mentioned, but in Maya 2016, I'm running into some issues using Crease+ with Maya's undo. It feels like maybe Crease+ doesn't register when I've undone some of the previous steps, and it shoots out errors as a result.

Just did it to verify, and it gave me this: "//Error: file: C:/Users/blablabla/Documents/Maya/2016/scripts/LaunchCreasePlus.mel line 819: No object matches name: polyCBoolOp2"

But the object it can't find changes each time, as far as I can tell. And once this happens, redoing doesn't seem to fix it.

Otherwise, I like it so far! Just being able to see the boolean object is a huge plus.
    It's a rare one, hmm change the scene, do booleans like crazy and see if it happened again, or delete/ duplicate the object... This might be some internal Maya bugs, I did get one like that one time
  • Thomas P.
    Offline / Send Message
    Thomas P. polycounter lvl 14
    Very awesome. Just bought it! Only problem was that it complained about not having "Shape Shifter" (which I do though). Adnan (your friend) helped me sort it out though. Now off to play....
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Thomas P. said:
    Very awesome. Just bought it! Only problem was that it complained about not having "Shape Shifter" (which I do though). Adnan (your friend) helped me sort it out though. Now off to play....
    Yes it complains if it's not in the script directory, glad he helped  :)

Edit : Fixing it now
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    WaYWO said:
    Thomas P. said:
    Yes it complains if it's not in the script directory, glad he helped  :)

Edit : Fixing it now
    Done. All customers received a mail to download this update. And another one for Maya 2016 users, files must be replace.
  • Tom Widdowson
    Offline / Send Message
    Tom Widdowson polycounter lvl 3
    Hi WaYWO, Love the tool and really want to use it,

I followed the document to install the script but when I load it up in maya (Via the hotkey editor) and start creating some polygon shapes I get this error when performing any action within maya (panning zooming clicking)  

// Error: file: D:/Creative Software 2/Maya 2017/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. // 

After a little while maya crashes :/

Would be brilliant if you could help me around this issue

Thanks

Tom 
  • MichaelF
    Offline / Send Message
    MichaelF polycounter lvl 11
    When will it be possible to get it with the "AMT/ Quick Pipe Users" discount? :)

Welph, i just bought it, never mind :)
  • Azurenito
    Offline / Send Message
    Azurenito polycounter lvl 4
    How to I get the Discounts for AMT/ Quick Pipe Users exactly? Thanks.
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    alekseypindrus polycounter lvl 8
    @Azurenito As far as I can tell, initial plan was to set price at $8 and give a discount for owners of ADN/QP but now they changed it. $8 is a discounted price that will be available for up to 250 purchases, later it will be pushed up.

Quote from e-mail that @Fansub sent out today:
    for only 8 bucks ! Go get it while it's fresh ! We've caped the promotion to 250 users,so the sooner the better :p
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    The promo launch was wrecked because I've noticed a few issues while doing it,so i'm working with the guys at Gumroad to fix it. The initial plan was to send a discounted version of 6$ to all my customers,but we've reported the promo until things are sorted.
  • schmaled
    Offline / Send Message
    schmaled polycounter lvl 10
    Hey @WaYWO

Just downloaded the tool. Super excited to give it a try.
    One quick request/suggestion: Is it possible to have the window resizable?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Hi WaYWO, Love the tool and really want to use it,

I followed the document to install the script but when I load it up in maya (Via the hotkey editor) and start creating some polygon shapes I get this error when performing any action within maya (panning zooming clicking)  

// Error: file: D:/Creative Software 2/Maya 2017/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. // 

After a little while maya crashes :/

Would be brilliant if you could help me around this issue

Thanks

Tom 
    To be Honest, I've never seen such error ( 0 reports of it), I recommend to watch the Quick Installation Video and have it clean. I also recommend to check your Maya path and directories. If it persist send a me Private message with a precise description of What you were doing when it happened
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    schmaled said:
    Hey @WaYWO

Just downloaded the tool. Super excited to give it a try.
    One quick request/suggestion: Is it possible to have the window resizable?
    Nap, because, I found out that many users would mess with it without be able to return to initial state.
  • Tom Widdowson
    Offline / Send Message
    Tom Widdowson polycounter lvl 3
    @WaYWO
    Hey I managed to fix the issue, was not the scripts fault its a 2017 bug. I'm absolutely loving using this! the fact that you can preview all your changes in real time is incredible. Saves so much time than if you where to do dynamesh with Zbrush or use Maya's standard tools. Only issue I have found so far is 'control Z' can sometimes confuse it but if you just duplicate the mesh you are working on it fixes the issue.

Thank you so much WaYWO I shall look out for more quality plugins from you :D  
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @WaYWO
    Hey I managed to fix the issue, was not the scripts fault its a 2017 bug. I'm absolutely loving using this! the fact that you can preview all your changes in real time is incredible. Saves so much time than if you where to do dynamesh with Zbrush or use Maya's standard tools. Only issue I have found so far is 'control Z' can sometimes confuse it but if you just duplicate the mesh you are working on it fixes the issue.

Really strange, all my undo works here, on Maya 2017, and I had no report of that one from beta testers... I got it one time, it should be a rare one... Will investigate
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Azurenito

Fansub said:
    The promo launch was wrecked because I've noticed a few issues while doing it,so i'm working with the guys at Gumroad to fix it. The initial plan was to send a discounted version of 6$ to all my customers,but we've reported the promo until things are sorted.
  • jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    jul_lef polycounter lvl 9
    Hey WaYwo the set of tools looks cool.
    I was trying the basic boolean and solid bevel tool and found an issue with bevel width and resolution creating some weird edges .
    While documenting the bug, I played around to see if tweaking the previous input would help
    I found that the Mitering is in Radial by default in the CpSolidbevel input  but  Auto / None / Uniform fix the issue...
    not sure if the Radial option works better in different situation but here is at least how to fix that issue. 

• jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    I am using maya 2016 ext2 sp1, when I try mesh slicer I am getting this error : 
    Warning: file: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/maya/2016.5/scripts/LaunchCreasePlus.mel line 2109: You must be in a modeling Panel.

If I select the modeling tab and press G then it works...
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jul_lef said:
    I am using maya 2016 ext2 sp1, when I try mesh slicer I am getting this error : 
    Warning: file: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/maya/2016.5/scripts/LaunchCreasePlus.mel line 2109: You must be in a modeling Panel.

If I select the modeling tab and press G then it works...
    This is because your mouse should be in a modeling viewport
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jul_lef said:
    Hey WaYwo the set of tools looks cool.
    I was trying the basic boolean and solid bevel tool and found an issue with bevel width and resolution creating some weird edges .
    While documenting the bug, I played around to see if tweaking the previous input would help
    I found that the Mitering is in Radial by default in the CpSolidbevel input  but  Auto / None / Uniform fix the issue...
    not sure if the Radial option works better in different situation but here is at least how to fix that issue. 

Thank you , will update the tool, with a fix, on many small bugs like that :)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @WaYWO
    Tom Widdowson  I know what is causing the issue, and I'm fixing it right now, you'll be updated in no time!

• Matt_Billeci
    Offline / Send Message
    Matt_Billeci polycounter lvl 7
    I'm trying to just do a simple bevel to test/learn the tool, but I'm getting this " //Error: line 0: Invalid flag '-depth' " whenever i try to use Solid Bevel. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    I'm trying to just do a simple bevel to test/learn the tool, but I'm getting this " //Error: line 0: Invalid flag '-depth' " whenever i try to use Solid Bevel. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
    You're probably in the wrong Maya version. Crease+ Supports Maya 2016 and above.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @jul_lef
    @schmaled
    @Bertmac

Ey all , CreasePlus (+) has been updated , and have many fixes, Check your mails for more details :)
  • jamiemccomb
    Offline / Send Message
    jamiemccomb polycounter lvl 4
    Any word on a discount for AMT or quickpipe people? 
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Any word on a discount for AMT or quickpipe people? 
    @jamiemccomb
    The discount will be available in 1 to 3 days (Working on it With Adnan) , and Discount price will stay for a certain time. :)
  • jamiemccomb
    Offline / Send Message
    jamiemccomb polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks WaYWO, looking forward to it. AMT and QP are great :)
  • jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    So I was trying the new version and I found something wrong in maya 2016 ext2 sp1  ( same issue in the previous version of crease+)

So I have the hard edge like I want but as soon I use Solid Bevel it adds some hard edges.

It doesn't affect the support loop but the bevel width and bevel resolution use those new hard edges too.

I tried to change the smoothing angle in  the attributes editor but it doesn't affect the new hard edges

Some how in maya 2016 sp5 it does the same thing by adding some hard edges but the bevel doesn't care in this case.

the bevel smooth set to higher number remove the hard edge but I can't find that in maya2016 ext2 sp1 

Any suggestions ?

Going to try maya 2017 tomorrow . 

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jul_lef said:
    So I was trying the new version and I found something wrong in maya 2016 ext2 sp1  ( same issue in the previous version of crease+)

So I have the hard edge like I want but as soon I use Solid Bevel it adds some hard edges.

It doesn't affect the support loop but the bevel width and bevel resolution use those new hard edges too.

I tried to change the smoothing angle in  the attributes editor but it doesn't affect the new hard edges

Some how in maya 2016 sp5 it does the same thing by adding some hard edges but the bevel doesn't care in this case.

the bevel smooth set to higher number remove the hard edge but I can't find that in maya2016 ext2 sp1 

Any suggestions ?

Going to try maya 2017 tomorrow . 

In certain cases Solid Bevel adds Hard edges, and at the moment there's no fix, but 2 solutions :

- Use ShapeShifter
    - Go to display Tab, Hit 'Select Hard edges', Apply default Maya bevel
  • jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    the work around I found is to be sure that round shape have a higher smoothing angle than 30.
    a cylinder of 12 sides will create issues but one with 14 sides is fine.

if you select some edges and press Crease+ it bevel those edges but if you choose only 3 segments it will end up making faces with a smoothing that will create hard edges if you use SolidBevel because of the Smoothing angle of 30 so better put 4 segments.

As for Using ShapeShifter it has other issues ...it manages to do the bevel on the cylinder with 12 sides but it randomly pick a support edge that is not hard edge and bevel it. on other area of the mesh.

I would be interesting for you to test if you can change the CpSupportLoops Smoothing angle to another number than 30 to see what would happen with a setting at 45 for example in your code since changing it manually doesn't affect the result currently.

Sorry for bringing all those bugs just want to help make you script even better 
    Keep the good job those tools are great.

• WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jul_lef said:
    the work around I found is to be sure that round shape have a higher smoothing angle than 30.
    a cylinder of 12 sides will create issues but one with 14 sides is fine.

if you select some edges and press Crease+ it bevel those edges but if you choose only 3 segments it will end up making faces with a smoothing that will create hard edges if you use SolidBevel because of the Smoothing angle of 30 so better put 4 segments.

As for Using ShapeShifter it has other issues ...it manages to do the bevel on the cylinder with 12 sides but it randomly pick a support edge that is not hard edge and bevel it. on other area of the mesh.

I would be interesting for you to test if you can change the CpSupportLoops Smoothing angle to another number than 30 to see what would happen with a setting at 45 for example in your code since changing it manually doesn't affect the result currently.

Sorry for bringing all those bugs just want to help make you script even better 
    Keep the good job those tools are great.

Thank you, no problem :) I'm working on it. It's only now that I've found 'HBevel' is really, efficient...
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    @Azurenito
    and All

Discount is effective ( 5$ yes! ), for just 250 licenses , so check your mails, and be sure, to Download it !
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Considering the efficiency of HBevel, I'll bring it in the new update for Maya users above Maya 2016 Extension 1.
    The rule with that sorta of workflow is try and pickup the best option, It's never the same challenge, so in Next update there will be choice between :

HBevel, Solid Bevel and Shape Shifter(if bought) for beveling (not including Default Maya Bevel), which is a critical stage in this workflow :)
  • witos
    Offline / Send Message
    witos polycounter lvl 5
    Hi everyone, i got this scripts yesterday and its awesome!! Thank you for your  job. But i have some ideas for tools window. Can it be scaled, attached to main window and can we get run commands for your tools in help docs?
    In my workflow i use custom markin menus for a lot of operations and i want to create with your tools so i need it =)
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    witos said:
    Hi everyone, i got this scripts yesterday and its awesome!! Thank you for your  job. But i have some ideas for tools window. Can it be scaled, attached to main window and can we get run commands for your tools in help docs?
    In my workflow i use custom markin menus for a lot of operations and i want to create with your tools so i need it =)
    I'll take that in consideration in the next update, thank you for your support :) , but tho resizable windows are a terrible idea (mostly in Maya 2017 omg ), skins are better IMO.
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    Update has been released, check your mails peeps ! :)
  • jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    Any reason for the triangulate input with Solid Bevel ? I think it s better to not have it in the input unless there is a way to turn it off ?
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jul_lef said:
    Any reason for the triangulate input with Solid Bevel ? I think it s better to not have it in the input unless there is a way to turn it off ?
    In Maya 2017 versions, It's crucial to triangulate/ requad the mesh has the beveling goes. With the latest update HBevel has been added and is more "friendly" with triangulation/ quadrangulay... You can use Shape Shifter tho , as It doesn't create triangles.  Now Maya 2017 is all new, so I'm waiting on services packs to modify this behavior...
  • jul_lef
    Offline / Send Message
    so beveling in maya 2016 ext2 is different in 2017 ? 
    I guess I need to try more the HBevel kind of liked the edges support for the solid Bevel
  • WaYWO
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    jul_lef said:
    so beveling in maya 2016 ext2 is different in 2017 ? 
    I guess I need to try more the HBevel kind of liked the edges support for the solid Bevel
    Kinda... It's the same thing except, the surfaces in Maya 2017 won't take the bevel (exception : ShapeShifter) with huge NGons, Maya 2017 has a lot of problems, fresh new bugs, so this is a temporary behavior, I'm waiting on service packs to fix it :)