Home General Discussion

Breaking Bad

Replies

• JFletcher
  • StephenVyas
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Just to point out another poor shot, lets not forget the guy holding the m16? assault rifle who had his iron sights lined up. Yet Hank & Gomez were able to WALK forward and make it behind cover.

They must be ninjas
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Not to mention the guy with an AA-12. You know, that automatic shotgun. Stupid scene.
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Goddam. Just wow
  • aajohnny
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    That was the best episode of any TV show I've ever seen. My jaw was literally dropped the whole time... wow.
  • slipsius
    my heart cant take another 2 episodes like that.... holy fuck. beating so hard!!!
  • AtlusZMH
    Wow.. so fucking good... such an intense hour..
  • Tadao215
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    ugghhhhhhhh!! my heart cant take it!! it hurt even more after holly started calling out for her mom and that phone call walt made
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Man! That was probably the darkest thing I've ever seen on TV. Jesse's life really sucks...

Walt had some pretty rough moments in this episode. Although he did redeem himself a little when he tried to bargain for Hank's life, and also in the phone call at the end where he words things in a way as to exonerate his wife.
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Shiniku wrote: »
    and also in the phone call at the end where he words things in a way as to exonerate his wife.
    Yeah that scene, god damn (Also in retrospect I guess Skyler saying "I'm sorry" is her acknowledging she knows what he's doing... much clearer when Walk says "I built it! Me! No one else" and she replies "You're right"). Surprised that jesse didn't cop it - not sure why Walt pointed him out either. I expect from now Walt will be in complete Falling Down mode; maybe he'll even end up rescuing jesse from the nazis who (presumably) will be using him to cook for Lydia. Or maybe he'll just be teaching Todd for a short while.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    i think i felt as crappy as when i played the Walking Dead game final episode... that episode was painful to watch. As smart as Walt is... things just got out of hand, and there is no easy way to rectify that train wreck.

I really hate Marie in this episode.. ugh..

Also.. i was surprised that Jesse is still out there. his life does suck...

and i have no idea where this is going now... how much time went by when he is back with the Freeman look and that shotgun?
  • SHEPEIRO
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    holy mother of god... feel a bit drained after that
  • slipsius
    Maybe walt takes out the neo nazi crew, then sits down as men with jesse, face to face, and share a ricin cigarette?
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Walt needs to gather himself back up and get shit under control. He's lost his 'game', and basically lost his money, his family, and got Hank killed. Not to mention Jesse's now a meth slave.

I do think he'll be going after Todd's group, but not for Jesse (remember, they said they would be honoring the 'deal', after Todd got to interrogate Jesse). As far as Walt is concerned, Jesse is dead. I think he'll want his money back.

Marie definitely makes me want to slap a bitch.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually liked Marie in this episode, it's the most interesting she's ever been IMO. Her life sucks right now, too.

I wish Walt would have given the coordinates to where he had buried the money so that the police could find Hank and Gomey and give them a proper burial.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I think he will. That call was for the police to hear. I think he wants to clear his name, with his family, later. Right now, they think HE killed Hank, and if he gave them the location, they would have no reason to talk with him later. I think it's the same reason he took Holly (so they wouldn't hang up on him, if he tries to call later).
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I actually had a hard time sleeping last night for a bit, woke up at like 4 am and had hanks death replaying in my head like 20x. what a phenominal show. I love how at this point, walt is pretty much insane, losing all control and going off the deep end. that scene with him rolling the barrel and the lose them all song in the background sums it up perfectly. even with his brother in law dead 20 mins before, he still cares about that money.
  • JacqueChoi
    Online / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    aajohnny wrote: »
    That was the best episode of any TV show I've ever seen. My jaw was literally dropped the whole time... wow.

+1
  • slipsius
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14PejsN99ng"]Times are getting hard boys - The Limeliters Breaking Bad OST - YouTube[/ame]
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    man, this show is so stressfull yet so good. Sometimes i think "THIS" is how Anakin Skywalker should have decended to Vader. This last ep was perfect.
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Crazyeyes wrote: »
    Sometimes i think "THIS" is how Anakin Skywalker should have decended to Vader.

OMG YES THIS!!! EXACTLY what I was thinking as well when watching this. Why couldn't they make the fall of Anakin dark and insane like this. Actually just seeing how bad he got in the end.

Really impressed with this show. It has been easily one of the best tv shows I have ever watched. These last few episodes have been on the edge of your seat knuckle white intense.

Can't wait to see the end.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, how do they even find these songs? I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the song lyrics that time. So fitting
  • slipsius
    notman wrote: »
    lol, how do they even find these songs? I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the song lyrics that time. So fitting

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=walt+rolling+barrel+song :D
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Did that dog at the end have any specific meaning? Or just a dog being a dog.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    to me it kinda signified walts transformation into a lone wolf, leaving his family behind.
  • notman
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »

I didn't ask how YOU found it. I'm curious how they know all these obscure songs, that fit so well :P
  • ForbiddenDonut
    ErichWK wrote: »
    Did that dog at the end have any specific meaning? Or just a dog being a dog.

Knowing Breaking Bad - everything has symbolic meaning haha. Think PixelMasher is on the right track - probably a symbol of Walt's crossing into the unknown as a lone wolf.

Was such a great episode. Definitely this season's "Salud." Hank's last words to Walt was just the most perfect line ever. And being cut off by Uncle Jack before he can tell him to do it - ah, it was amazing.

Also, did you guys catch these?
    https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/622/2390/original.jpg
    https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/622/2403/original.jpg
  • MrOneTwo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Heh those pants. Of course we didn't catch those :D

Btw I really feel sorry for Jesse... he didn't deserve all this shit.
  • vargatom
    notman wrote: »
    I do think he'll be going after Todd's group, but not for Jesse (remember, they said they would be honoring the 'deal', after Todd got to interrogate Jesse). As far as Walt is concerned, Jesse is dead.

Walt will probably get to know that blue meth is still out there, and he'll also know that Todd can't cook it - so Jessie has to be alive.

It seems that the creators revealed their hand in this episode, Walt is going to try to redeem himself in the last two episodes as much as it's still possible, and they'll want the audience to root for him. Doesn't make much sense any other way; and also, Bryan Cranston deserves this kind of ending after the way he portrayed the character.
  • vargatom
    I love how at this point, walt is pretty much insane, losing all control and going off the deep end.

I think you're wrong, I think Walt's now as clear as he hasn't been since the first episode. Hank's death, Skyler drawing the knife on him, and above all Walt Jr. - the disabled son - trying to stand between him and his mother, has finally shattered all the illusions he was surrounding himself with.

After that point all his actions are carefully calculated. You don't see the moment when he makes up his mind, because this way it's far more powerful to see how much pain he's actually in when he talks to Skyler, trying to take all the blame on himself.
    But now he's finally clear and focused, and all he wants to do in the little time that's left for him is to clean up as much of his mess as it's possible. It's all calculated, part of some plan, and while it hurts him inside, he's totally committed to it.
    that scene with him rolling the barrel and the lose them all song in the background sums it up perfectly. even with his brother in law dead 20 mins before, he still cares about that money.

He needs the money to survive and come up with a plan, and to finance that plan. Fake identities aren't for free, neither are machine guns and whatever else he's gathering.
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    vargatom wrote: »
    He needs the money to survive and come up with a plan, and to finance that plan. Fake identities aren't for free, neither are machine guns and whatever else he's gathering.

Also when that happened Skyler hadn't yet turned on him, so he may well have still been thinking about his family and the fact that he started the business to get money for them to survive on once he passed away.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62bka_koUtA"]Bryan Cranston on Walter White: Talking Bad - YouTube[/ame]
  • Memory
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    What an amazing episode. In my opinion this has been the best show (including films) I've seen in my life. I really loved the way everything was done for the most part in that last episode. Things happened pretty much like I felt they were going to/should (while still maintaining their unpredictability.)

The best example I could possibly give on the perfection of directing and story is agent Gomez. Gomez was a background character the whole series, popping in when hank needed a pretty much non-descript partner, and just kind of filling the background holes without feeling like an extra with only a few lines. The way they chose to just show his dead body for less than 3 seconds in the beginning of this episode is, to me, perfection. They didn't make him a hero character, or show anyone crying over him or anything, they just showed him dead. He didn't even feel like a red shirt. I think they did it that way too, to speak to the audience. We as the audience know that Gomez isn't really a big character, but Hank is. Yet we see Uncle Jack drag Gomie's body into the same pit as Hanks. It's brilliant.

Anyway...has anyone else been having dreams or thinking about breaking bad more than usual since last episode? It's weird...
  • RMeeks
    Awesome show! Totally going to miss it.

I feel like Jesse may get to use some of his chemistry knowledge. Seeing as Uncle Jack refuses to use a mask.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    yea my prediction is jesse uses his chemistry knowledge to save his life. part of that opening scene last episode shows how walter was evolving into a lair/Heisenberg, but the other flip side was the showing of jesse not giving a fuck about chemistry which ironically is probably the only way to save himself now. total character development/evolution which this show has always been amazing at.
  • vargatom
    Actually, someone suggested that it's not Uncle Jack who's keeping Jessie as a prisoner and a cook.
    Todd seems to be in "love" with Lydia and wants to impress her, by either learning how to cook the blue meth or having Jessie around for it. Jack might not even know about it at all.
  • Skillmister
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    Best episode of anything i've ever seen. Now the question is do they do something similar to GoT where the craziest episode is a couple from the end, or do they go balls to the wall and keep getting stronger. I feel the latter, but not a fucking clue what's going to happen :D
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I bet you're right vargtom. I think, at that final moment, Todd realized that Jesse knew how to cook, and he came up with a reason to save him. He probably didn't give a shit what the feds knew. I bet his uncle roughed up Jesse, and now Todd is using him to cook.

I suspect Jesse will remember some of the stuff Walt taught him (like those exploding bags), and he'll use it to make an escape. I can't help feeling that Jesse is going to be the only one to survive all of this... basically, the guy who wasn't suppose to survive the first season, will be the only to survive the series
  • DanBe
    I bet the Rhizone that Walt took is going to be for Jesse. Or maybe for Walt himself too (even though he has cancer?) Nontheless can't wait for last 2 episodes!!!
  • vargatom
    There has to be less painful methods of suicide than ricin...
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's for Uncle Jack... MAYBE Todd. It wouldn't surprise me if Walt tries to free Jesse, but has a 'talk' with Todd, while Todd smokes a cigarette.
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Hank actually survived and goes Kill Bill on Walt and the gang.
  • Memory
    Offline / Send Message
    I think that Ricin is for Lydia one way or another. Several times they have hinted that it's for her: Todd taking her Tea cup and rubbing/kissing the lipstick, and before that in the restauraunt when she met Walt a couple times she said something about him putting something in her drink.

What a great show, but I'm really disappointed Walt Jr. didnt want to take over the empire...probably because he is in love with uncle Hank.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    yea also im pretty sure in that restaurant scene with Lydia after she leaves he lifts up his hat and the ricin was there. basically if she didn't give up all the names she was dead.
  • Bibendum
    I think he intended to kill her either way, she explains in that scene that the list of names was the only thing keeping her alive because Walt needed it, and after he got them she was just another loose end that knew too much.

The only reason he decided not to kill her was because she offered to distribute his product in the czech republic.
  • Memory
    Offline / Send Message
    TODD! Wow, almost had a heart attack when they showed up in Holly's room.

This ending is brutal.

P.S. Walt's cabin looks so fun (for a week or so...)
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Tense! The last scene seemed to be a real turning point for Walt, like his transformation is complete.

Jesse's story is just getting more and more tragic. I'm hoping he makes it out of everything okay. I'm liking Todd more and more. I mean, I hate him,l but his character is interesting.

Man, I don't want this to end.
  • Polygoblin
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Watched last week's (for the first time) and this week's episode back-to-back.

Too much... too f'ing much. Good lord almighty. Haaaaaaaank! :(

One more, guys and gals.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I really want to punch Walt Jr in the face. Am I alone on this?

It feels like they are going to need to cram a lot, into this last episode :/