Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Holy crap, it's all coming down.

Team Hank. Team Hank. Team Hank
  • ILLMATICC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILLMATICC polycounter lvl 6
    I wonder if after the soaking the house in gas thing Jessie will decide to talk to Hank..

Oh, and i'll just leave this here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8UUD3zyu7Ek
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Jesse went off the rails! Hah.
    Walter was cold, calculated and badass. Hank and Marie can eat it. :D

Good eps, I can see where things are headed.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's funny, I have absolutely no idea where it's going to end. All that's certain is that whenever Walt puts out a fire, two others are started elsewhere, so eventually it'll overwhelm him.

I mean there's Hank, there's Jesse, there are the aryan brothers, the cancer and so on, and all can go wrong in multiple ways; and while he's been pretty resourceful inn solving his problems, he also tends to miss a small detail here or there. So to me it looks more like all bets are off at this point.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Great episode. I'm guessing that maybe breakfast boy is home, which stops Jesse, which is why Walt's house isn't burned.

Hank's been so intense this season. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Meanwhile, the last season of Dexter... ehhhh....
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    I'm actually astounded so many people have missed the deal with Jesse.. Do you people not pay attention to the show or something?! It was clear as day.
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I'm having a wonderful time watching these episodes but the connection jesse made could have had a small flashback to help people remember, because I was confused as hell too.
    They did, they showed him feeling and opening his cigarette packet in the exact same way he used to do when it contained the ricin cigarette.
    JFletcher wrote: »
    He's reacting as if Walt ACTUALLY used ricin to poison and kill the kid.
    He wasn't far from doing that though and what he did was in the same vein. He stole the ricin, used lilly of the valley on the kid which has the same symptoms as ricin but isn't lethal (and more importantly is something the kid could get hold off by himself, accidentally)and then deeply manipulated Jesse into thinking it was all Gus. The point is that Jesse originally suspected what did actually happen (and almost shot Walt because of it!)! But Walt manipulated him so badly that Jesse forgave him and now he's realised that was all bullshit.
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Why did Walt steal the ricen? Just to have around?
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    This show is just amazing.
    So exited about the next episodes and I can't believe it is the last episodes but at the same time I am glad they decided to end it now before it becomes something "regular" :)
  • Kave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kave triangle
    This show is consistently amazing, it's a shame this is the last series but i'm glad they're ending it without slowly declining into mediocrity (*cough* Dexter *cough*)

Edit- just realized my post is almost exactly what the guy above me said >.<
  • EricHall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricHall polycounter lvl 6
    I have a feeling he's lying about his cancer returning and he's gonna fake his own death. I could be completely wrong here, but was this brought up before he had his conflict with Hank in his garage?
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    EricHall wrote: »
    I have a feeling he's lying about his cancer returning and he's gonna fake his own death. I could be completely wrong here, but was this brought up before he had his conflict with Hank in his garage?

I can totally see that happening. I mean why did his neighbor freak out when she saw him in the future?

Also, I understand people not getting why Jesse reacted the way he did. That whole ricin/lily of the valley thing happened awhile ago if you're watching the show on AMC since each season was split in half and the wait was long in between. I needed a refresher myself
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricHall wrote: »

He went to chemo. If he wanted to just lie why would he go to chemo (and more importantly, how would he get chemo!?) if he didn't have cancer?
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »
    I can totally see that happening. I mean why did his neighbor freak out when she saw him in the future?
    Well, given that 'Heisenberg' was written on his wall in his house, I would assume it becomes publicly known that Walt was a crime lord. I assume if you spot a neighbor turned crime lord after a long absence, you would freak out. He COULD fake his death, but I assume he just disappears.

Also, in an earlier episode we see Walt receiving chemo... which would be some pretty great lengths to go to in order to fake having cancer. I think the cancer is real.
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just as a further example of how god damn perfect Jesse had it originally when he accused Walt, and why the exact same thing happening again triggered it
    In case anyone is wondering, here is the dialogue from the season 4 episode "End Times" where Jesse figures out exactly what happened, but Walt talks him out of it. This is how Jesse came to the realization so quickly in this episode, because he already figured it out before:

JESSE: I had it. I had the cigarette with the ricin in my pack this morning. The last time I saw Brock was last night. And this morning I switched the cigarette into a new pack. There's no way Brock took it himself!
    WALT: Jesse, you're not thinking clearly, listen, you said it yourself, that you had it this morning. Then when could I have possibly gotten it?
    JESSE: You...you had Saul do it. Yeah. Yeah. I went to his office. He called me in, just had to see me today. His big man mountain bodyguard patted me down, that's when he must have stole it off me right? That's the plan, was that the plan?
  • EricHall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricHall polycounter lvl 6
    Ah, okay. Thanks Skillmister and Shiniku, I forgot about that part.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    So no one saw the episode on 9/1? I'm wondering now who Walt was talking about at the end...I would say my predictions but I dont know how to spoiler tag, even though this thread is one giant spoiler.

People he could be talking about: Jesse, Himself, Hank, Marie, Skyler... I see Todd's uncle tearing up his house and spray painting "Heisenberg" on the wall, could be a nice cover ;)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I suspect they won't be back in that home. I think we just saw the first step in them moving out.
    Hard to say who he was talking to. Maybe Saul, maybe the chic who took over. Sounds like Jesse WAS off limits, but not anymore.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    He was talking to Todd, right? Asking for his uncles help again?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe I need to rewatch (because it didn't have 100% of my attention at that point). I thought he referenced Todd, but didn't seem to be talking TO him.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    I thought he said something like 'Todd ? I have a job for your uncle'... Something like that ;p
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    huh? how did you guys not catch that one: yea it was "todd? I think I might have another job for your uncle"

Edit: beaten to the punch :)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, I must have misheard. That's what I get for trying to do things, while watching the show :(

I was initially wondering if Jesse changed his mind about Walt, and was trying to give him a sign (in the phone call). Strike him at his 'real home'. Especially after Hank had really driven into Jesse's head, the actions Walt did, that proved he cared about Jesse. But, the way Walt reacted, I suspect Jesse is taking them to a meth lab, or the chemical lady.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah Jesse's "real home" comment is a complete mystery to me. I'm not convinced that Jesse would give Walt a sign that he's with Hank, I think Jesse really hates but is scared of walt at this point.

Maybe the real home is the carwash or saul goodman's office. There is still a lot of players left for there to be so few episodes left...Todd, his uncle, Lidia, Jesse, Walt's family, Hank and Marie, Hank's partner, Saul and Co.

I really can't see where this is heading, but that's a good thing. I can't help but feel some things will be rushed though, like the whole thing with Jesse completely flipping happened way too fast to me.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory wrote: »
    So no one saw the episode on 9/1? I'm wondering now who Walt was talking about at the end...
    Huh? I would most definitely say Jesse, given the circumstances. I don't think that conversation was meant to be vague. People had been trying to convince him to order a hit on Jesse for the entire episode, and when Jesse refused to meet him and went off the rails over the phone, Walt finally caved.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, something to think about in all of this, is something I saw Aaron Paul say the other day. He was asked if there would be a Breaking Bad movie, and he said, "Why, everyone dies at the end" (loosely quoted). I think it was taken as a joke, during the interview, but it makes me wonder if this is how it all ends. Especially with the arsenal Walt seems to be collecting.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    I don't own a TV, so am completely oblivious about this show, a few years back 24 was the Tv serie people talked about.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    If I had to guess I'd say Walter's real home is his "empire".
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Exactly my thoughts as well. His money is most definitely a target..

The first episode of the season (Edit: When he's coming back to his home while carrying guns in the trunk), It wasn't like Walt was rolling through town in Lexus wearing a fancy suit
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, his second home could also be the desert. That's where most of their illegal activities have happened (and been hidden). I'm curious if Jesse thinks something is worth showing Hank, which may still not be enough evidence (like the tank of methylamine that they stole from the train).
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I must be one dark motherfucker because my first assumption is jesse was meaning his family. im hoping they go reeeeally dark with the ending. pop pop, skylers capped, then the son and baby. car bomb meant for walt anyone?
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    "Real home" sounds like his money stash. No way for Jesse to know where that is though.

Maybe the white barrel?! :P
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, it just crossed my mind. What is Walt is calling Todds uncle, for Hank... and not Jesse?

I still think it's Jesse, but just throwing that out there
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first episode of the season (Edit: When he's coming back to his home while carrying guns in the trunk), It wasn't like Walt was rolling through town in Lexus wearing a fancy suit

But he had a large sports bag's worth of cash in the trunk... He also bought the machine gun and a new car, with full discretion, from cash.

I think the season is heading for a single big showdown, with all the various plot threads slowly converging.

Jessie and Hank are together and trying to catch Walt, probably in the act.

Walt is allying himself with the Aryans and Lydia again, to catch Jessie. But they'll probably want him to cook again, and he'll refuse, so they'll try to use his family as leverage.
    I suppose this will out the Heisenberg persona to Walt Jr.

Then Jessie and Hank will arrive at the worst possible time and the Aryans will think that Walt has brought the DEA upon them.

And then, whoever survives will be dealt with in the flash forward time...
    What I can't tell is if there's a chance left for Walter to redeem himself, or if his fall will become complete, Scarface style.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Jesse probably wanted Walt to hire hitmen because he knew that Walt would need to get money to pay them off which would lead them right to it. It's not like it matters even if the hit is put out, since Jesse already thinks he was supposed to be killed at the meet.

He can't actually go after the family because that would never fly with the cops in tow.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ I think you nailed it.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really don't think that's what's going to happen. Jesse has no idea Walt buried money in the desert--Jesse doesn't even know about the storage locker filled with money. Jesse has no idea that Walt is low on funds. Jesse also has no idea that Walt would hire someone to kill him, and it's unclear really if Jesse knew Walt killed all the people in prison killed.

Jesse has been away from Walt now for a while and knows little about his current situations.

Walt has also proved tough to track by finding the GPS on his car, and we all know by now that if you are driving out to the desert in the middle of no where, it's pretty easy to see someone follow you whether it be by car or helicopter.

I really have no clue, but I'm pretty sure Walt is going to fake his own death. When we see him cough in the car at the episode end, it's nowhere near as bad as when he originally had the cancer. He also might have been coughing just as a cover for when the person on the phone picked up.

Team Walt/Todd
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    I wonder if his 'magic lottery ticket' will come back into play now? Will Hank be the one to crack the code?
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow... what a tense episode. What a cruel place to end it. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
    Those guys are REALLY bad shots, though - Hank and Gomie should be corpses right now. I don't know how Hank or Jesse could get out of this one, but I predict Gomie dies next episode.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    HOW DO YOU END AN EPISODE LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would LOVE if hank dies next episode. it would leave a huge WTF is going to happen in the next two, and completely blow away most peoples guesses of whats going to happen in the final episode
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    "HOW DO YOU END AN EPISODE LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Wow... what a tense episode. What a cruel place to end it. I can't wait to see how this turns out."

arghllodkwdidedk. You guys are stressing me out. I already know this is gonna be a good one. It's amazing how a fictional show can build this level of stress/anticipation/emotion...now if only a game could do that for me...
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Here's my take on what's going to happen (assuming).
    Hank, Gomie, and Jesse all die leaving Walt in a situation where he doesn't want to cook for Ted's gang because they killed Hank and possibly Jesse. That wasn't part of the deal, so Walt leaves everything behind (which is why he had a beard and m60) to escape from Ted's gang, his house was possibly boarded up because Ted's gang went after Skylar and the kids. Walt is coming back to fight the gang with his m60 and end it after all, considering Ted and his gang seems to be like the only ones making anything anymore. It would pretty much ruin the trade. That's my take on it and sorry idk the spoiler tag thing.

EDIT: Thanks for the spoiler tags tip StephenVyas I never knew how to put um in! got annoying hah.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    my guess is
    jesse gets away.... he slipped out the back of the car, so i think hes gonna get away, go to marie, tell her everything, she goes to the DEA and then its an all out man hunt, leaving walt to run. But ya, i dunno how that goes with the boarded up house... hmmmm. teds gang sounds like a good theory!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny
    blah blah blah [ /spoiler]
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
    That Walt jr. and Saul meet up was awesome.

ive never seen him so happy in my life
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    I'm thinking
    hank and Jesse will die, gomie will survive and try to finish hank's work now that he's all caught up

but aajohnny's guess sounds better to me.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    that was.. fuckin... aHH.. fuck!
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    I guess regardless of who is killed the nazis will take walt prisoner and force him to cook. He eventually escapes and the m60 is part of his revenge plan.

also, was thinking during that episode:
    that Jesse screwed up when he was taunting Walt about burning his money, he mentioned orange flames and I though wait, doesn't the ink in money cause it to burn strange colours? But a quick google suggest american notes at least burn orange. Was half expecting walt to suddenly realise Jesse was fucking with him during that scene though, was intense.
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    seems like little brock knows that walt poisoned him or something just by that look he keeps giving him..
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny summed it up exactly like I was thinking. I suspect future Walt is hiding from Todd's group, and tells his family to avoid returning home. Todd's uncle probably paints the Heisenberg on the wall.

In reference to spoiler tags: as it's been stated in other threads, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary, when discussing episodes that have aired. That's likely the only thing that will be discussed, in the thread, so why look at the thread if you haven't seen the last episode already? Spoilers are for things that people wouldn't know already, even if watching the show.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is just my opinion, but I'll be really sad (and I think) if they only show Gomie die. He's such a background character to me, it would just prolong things. Jesse or Hank have to die!

Something I was thinking about too in case people want to wrap their heads around it, it looked an awful lot like the skinheads were shooting up the SUV Walt was in. Is it possible they are just trying to cut their losses and kill everyone there? They were really shooting him up bad (we know he survives.)

A few things bothered me this episode: I really thought the Huell part was painful, I just hate to see them make any progress against Walt! And when Walt was confessing all that stuff on the phone, that was so crazy for him to say that specific stuff, and I REALLY hate the fact that 6 guys with shotguns and pistols (although we dont know for sure yet) are shooting so much and hitting nothing.

Did anyone else think it looked like blood on the front of Gomies' shirt near the end?