Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    That screaming you heard in the beginning of the mid-season finale, was the same scream from when that group ended up in the prison...but it wasn't from them...hmmmm....
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hugh wrote: »
    The entire time Michone was fighting the Gov I was like "Kick his ass"!!! I just wanted to leap through my screen and kick him:poly127: xD
    In a way I wish it had gone down like it did in the comic, but in a way I like him being a bit more than one dimensional. Of course now he seems to have turned a corner.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That was a really great episode. So much changed... I like Carl a bit more, his pragmatism shines through again.

"We should help them"
    "I did..."

I have about 3 ways I can imagine the rest of the season going and all would be awesome. It's nice to see Tyrese even if he is late showing up to the party. It's cool that there are other survivors with him (I mean walker fodder).

I didn't think the Gov would turn on Meryl in the way he did, but it makes sense. I wonder if Andrea will stick up for those two and if anyone will listen, she'll probably end up sharing the same fate as Meryl and Daryl. If she doesn't even attempt to do anything... I can't wait until she gets bitten...
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Being bad with names I went that entire episode thinking Tyreese was Morgan Jones from season 1 and assumed he lost his son Duane along the way. Then I did some research and found out how wrong I was.

I thought this too, I hope he comes back at some point, although the average lifespan of a black guy in this series suggests that he's already dead. :)

I was hoping we could see that prisoner guy develop, He seemed like a nice character if they had just taken the time to tell his story a bit more, but oh well.

I like the look of the new group going into the prison, although I had one gripe..

"We take care of our own" moves Carl aside so instead of a clean, silenced pistol shot to the head to put her down he wants to brutally crush her skull in with a FUCKING HAMMER!?

yes, truly the noble thing to do..

The end was extremely tense, Daryl is my favourite character and I really didn't want to see him go, luckily the teaser afterwards shows him in a scene or two, so I guess he's alright. :)
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    JFletcher wrote: »
    The end was extremely tense, Daryl is my favourite character and I really didn't want to see him go, luckily the teaser afterwards shows him in a scene or two, so I guess he's alright. :)

Yeah kinda wish they would have hidden Daryl from those teasers. I didn't see Meryl though. Perhaps he gives his life to save his brother knowing that his time with the Governor is over and the other group in the prison probably wont take him back? Will be interesting to say the least! Can't wait till Feb!
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah kinda wish they would have hidden Daryl from those teasers. I didn't see Meryl though. Perhaps he gives his life to save his brother knowing that his time with the Governor is over and the other group in the prison probably wont take him back? Will be interesting to say the least! Can't wait till Feb!

I think you can see in the next episode teaser what happens with Merle. Since some of the people here treats teasers as spoilers I will mark it as such.
    From what I can tell Merle comes back with Rick and Daryl. There is a scene where Glen raises his gun and shouts 'What is he doing here?'. I think he means Merle. Rick raises hand like he is trying to calm the situation down. Because of this I think Daryl is also there (I don't see a huge reason for Rick to protect Merle unless Daryl convinced him he comes with them on peaceful terms). There is also the first scene in the teaser where Gov stands where Merle and Daryl were and there is smoke everywhere. So they'd probably run under smoke cover.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    MrOneTwo wrote: »
    I think you can see in the next episode teaser what happens with Merle. Since some of the people here treats teasers as spoilers I will mark it as such.
    From what I can tell Merle comes back with Rick and Daryl. There is a scene where Glen raises his gun and shouts 'What is he doing here?'. I think he means Merle. Rick raises hand like he is trying to calm the situation down. Because of this I think Daryl is also there (I don't see a huge reason for Rick to protect Merle unless Daryl convinced him he comes with them on peaceful terms). There is also the first scene in the teaser where Gov stands where Merle and Daryl were and there is smoke everywhere. So they'd probably run under smoke cover.
    Yeah what I was thinking exactly. Also, I don't think they'd off Merle without the payoff of having him and Rick confront each other.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I want glenn to shoot merle
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah what I was thinking exactly. Also, I don't think they'd off Merle without the payoff of having him and Rick confront each other.
    I'm not so sure about that, Merle still seems to carry a grudge but he is a dog of war without a master and will probably try to curry favor just to stay alive, especially if Glenn is holding a gun to his face.

I don't think they will be stupid enough to trust him but they will probably lock him up and try to pump him for information Rick probably sees the value in keeping him alive, but he won't talk. It would be kind of funny if he gets left in a cell again when Woodbury attacks. Or in the chaos Glenn finishes some unfinished business.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah in the end I don't think Merle will be left under Daryls supervision. They know they shouldn't trust people... especially Merle. They are not newbies. I think Merle won't last this season. Dunno how and when but he will probably die soon.
  • KarlWrang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KarlWrang polycounter lvl 6
    "We take care of our own" moves Carl aside so instead of a clean, silenced pistol shot to the head to put her down he wants to brutally crush her skull in with a FUCKING HAMMER!?
    Haha, my thought exactly, whata fawk?! :\

Still a really great episode :thumbup:
  • Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe, Carl is turning into quite a character from that whiny asshole kid from previous season :)

Also, hope nothing bad happens to Daryl.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    The previews did give away a lot imo, I was like "Oh crap I hope nothing happens to Daryl" then I saw the preview and was like "Oh good he's okay" gave away too much.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

yes, truly the noble thing to do..
    I was kind of distracted during that part, but I don't think it was a mercy killing, she was already dead and about to turn? Or maybe they stopped Carl so they could put her down after she turned? If she wasn't dead or they did her ugly with a hammer before she turned that was pretty brutal. I didn't see if they actually put her down or not... I kept thinking about all of the ammo Carl was wasting, even though he made every shot count it was probably a good idea not to waste one more shot where a hammer would do just fine...

When Treysse said that I almost sounded like "I wish more people handled their own, there would be less for me to take care of..."
    The end was extremely tense, Daryl is my favorite character and I really didn't want to see him go, luckily the teaser afterwards shows him in a scene or two, so I guess he's alright. :)
    He's one of my favorite characters too and they always seem to screw fan favorites over the most so hopefully we're the only two =P
  • DanBe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great episode!!!

Maybe they are showing Daryl is alright just to trick us? Meaning he will still get effed in the next episode, but at least with a fight?!

I hope they keep him, as I think he is one of the best characters up to date in the show.
  • KarlWrang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KarlWrang polycounter lvl 6
    I was hoping we could see that prisoner guy develop, He seemed like a nice character if they had just taken the time to tell his story a bit more, but oh well.
    I'm still angry for the way they offed the first black character, he was one of the characters that they just kept around for ever, giving the illusion of some type of value, and then they just had him die whilst protecting another character.. So undeserving, and talking about spoiling a good actor.
    aajohnny wrote: »
    The previews did give away a lot imo,
    Yeah, I agree. Feels like I a show like this shouldn't have previews/teasers if they can't handle editing it correctly.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    "You're not a lesbian?" Lol

Great episode. Glen f'ing made zombie bone shivs. NICE
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanBe wrote: »
    I hope they keep him, as I think he is one of the best characters up to date in the show.
    Every time someone says that, the writers cut off a limb, next season...
  • DanBe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then i should edit my post and erase any evidence of it from the internet and write songs and ballads about killing Darryl as soon as possible... should help then, right, right? :D
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    It's nice to see Tyrese even if he is late showing up to the party. It's cool that there are other survivors with him (I mean walker fodder).

His daughter and her boyfriend were in the comics too. Just the boyfriends parents weren't. I hope they have something better in mind for the daughter and boyfriend than what happened in the comic though.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Two months of agony!
    I was totally not expecting another group of survivors to complicate the mess, and from the looks of the preview, looks like Andrea can't short out anything worth a damn ffs.
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    They should make a running Monty Python-esqe gag were Meryl has to cut off a limb at the end of each season. He keeps getting himself in these zaney predicaments and before you know it he is just a wise ass with all robot/metal appendages.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    *Grin* Okay, I'll admit.. this got a chuckle out of me
    http://i.imgur.com/VCK8g.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha yea that is kind of funny. But prisons have many areas that get sectioned off so I doubt he was walked the entire parameter.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I turn off straight after the episode is done, they need to stop with those bloody teasers!

The look on Michones face was priceless.

What the hell is with Pennys teeth. It looks like she has encrusted dog turd on her upper teeth.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Zombies ain't that fussy about what they eat.

Also at the start of the episode I thought that huge hole was a result of the Governor and co.'s assault on the prison, and that the intro was a tease on where the episode was going.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    he walked around the yard, where they just cleared. Not the entire prison.

but yes. they should have found that hole. lol
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley wrote: »
    Zombies ain't that fussy about what they eat.

Also at the start of the episode I thought that huge hole was a result of the Governor and co.'s assault on the prison, and that the intro was a tease on where the episode was going.

Shes the only zombie that looks like that.

And yeh its pretty clear in the episode we are talking about that he had only done a sweep around the local perimeter.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I think they skipped over why her mouth is like that, but it was covered in the comics. The governor takes her teeth out, so she can't bite him. What you're seeing is her rotten gums. Maybe they cut the scene where he pulls her teeth. At least, this is what I'm assuming happened to her teeth.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I thought that too. It looked like they covered her teeth, which looks weird because they can't remove her teeth. But they kept making bite sounds like her teeth where clicking together when she would bite, so I was confused.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    necrophilia might not be as common as you think
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    hey hey hey, maybe it's just a really big prison, and all that he looked at were the immediate walls, not the entire prison.

I've fallen in love with this show though. I marathoned season 1 and 2....and then bought season 3 on itunes. Incredibly thrilling and a great arch in characters across the board. Some of the stuff they get away with on AMC as well....such good tv.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    I was kind of distracted during that part, but I don't think it was a mercy killing, she was already dead and about to turn? Or maybe they stopped Carl so they could put her down after she turned? If she wasn't dead or they did her ugly with a hammer before she turned that was pretty brutal. I didn't see if they actually put her down or not... I kept thinking about all of the ammo Carl was wasting, even though he made every shot count it was probably a good idea not to waste one more shot where a hammer would do just fine...

She was already dead and they were waiting for her to turn, but my point is that it's different with survivors, you can usually spare a bullet to put them down with a bit of dignity when it's not such a critical situation. (they were in a safe place at the time) They didn't end up doing anything because just before he was about to hammer the shit out of her head they heard Carl locking the gate, the scene changed, then they never went back to the body. Maybe it will be in the next episode? Or maybe they'll just skip it, didn't seem like a very important scene.

I don't think ammo is a huge concern right now as they seem to be using it pretty freely (the assault on Woodbury was more wasteful) and they seemed to stock up quite a bit from the prison. Almost all of Carl's shots were necessary or at least very justifiable.

Even if it is a waste of a bullet, it's not *their* bullet they are wasting, I understand wanting to 'take care of your own group' but if someone offered to help in a clean way, why make a mess? (it's not even a sharp object he could just stab into the brain and be done with, it was a hammer, a small blunt object, probably going to require several hits)

Just imagine how awkward the scene would have looked if they had actually included it. :)
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    This couple takes arguing over this show a bit more seriously than you all do...

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/walking-dead-dispute-shooting.html
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    This couple takes arguing over this show a bit more seriously than you all do...

people are fucked
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fletcher, true about woodbury, lots of "suppressing fire" and you're right Carls shots where all totally justified, even that last one that he didn't put in what's-her-face.

I'm not sure it would have been cleaner, at that close range there would have been an exit wound, splatter and probably a lot of blood? The cleanest way probably would have been to smash her forehead in so any pooling blood would be contained in the skull, (gotta go throw up a bit... ok back). But if the bullet stayed in the skull it would have been cleaner. I guess when you're covered in gore it doesn't matter which is weird that they would even bother to argue about it then ha.

Yea Tyrese should have just let him do it, his house, his rules, his floor to clean up? Hahaha. Talking care of your own Tyrese means clean up and disposal...

Also as a point of oddness, walker skulls seem to become pretty squishy, things that would bounce off of a normal human skull, slice and penetrate them clean like a watermelon. I don't know if they are making the case that everyone is that squishy or its part of the process? If it happens over time, then she would have a much firmer skull and require more bashing, being fresh and all... I'm glad they didn't bother showing it.
    Polygoblin wrote: »

Wow... How is it even possible to get that worked up over something like that?
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perhaps excessive head-bashing is the one thing the censors aren't ok with...
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Andreas wrote: »
    I turn off straight after the episode is done, they need to stop with those bloody teasers!

This! It really annoys me as well, freaking spoiler fest. They basically show the entirety of the next episode in 4/5 seconds.

Anyway, so far, season 3 has been fantastic. I think this series really redeem it self.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    Also as a point of oddness, walker skulls seem to become pretty squishy, things that would bounce off of a normal human skull, slice and penetrate them clean like a watermelon. I don't know if they are making the case that everyone is that squishy or its part of the process?

I think they mentioned that on one of the Talking Dead episodes earlier in the season. Something along the lines that they decay more rapidly then normal. It's not only the crappy weapons that catch your attention but the lack of force they sometimes use to pierce the skull.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    So in 20 years, most of the current walkers'll have decayed enough not to pose a problem anymore? (skeleton collapsing etc.?)
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    double post. XD
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing wrote: »
    So in 20 years, most of the current walkers'll have decayed enough not to pose a problem anymore? (skeleton collapsing etc.?)

That one female zombie in the first episode was pretty far gone, and she was still kicking. Well maybe not kicking.

Thing about modern zombie lore is that it throws so much science out the window that the premise loses believability after the initial panicky days/months.

Totally doesnt bother me though, cause out of all the gory horror genres, its got the actually got the most depth. Its got a really strong human factor to it.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    prediction:

Merle has been convinced by the Governor to make it look like he's guilty, and escape/rescue Daryl, and then be the inside man at the prison.

also, Andrea needs to die.

and also, if Daryl dies, i'll stop watching the show... i know that sounds kinda lame. and actually i really LIKE the fact that any of the main cast can be killed off any time, but now it's gotten to the point where there are really only a couple of multi-dimensional, and likeable characters left. so if one of them goes, it makes the show less interesting (to me).

as a side note, to that poor girl who was shot.. how the fuck can he even possibly get off on an accidental shooting? i mean... there's a safety mechanism on just about every gun out there. particularly modern rifles. as far as i'm concerned if you turn the safety off, you're willing to shoot someone. and if you're willing to shoot someone, you're accepting the fact they could die as a result (regardless of shoot to injure rules etc).

basically: there's no such thing as an accidental shooting.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There was no episode this week right? It feels weird only having Dex to watch.:D Roll on breaking bad and Game of Thrones goddamnit!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Nope, not until Feb
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing wrote: »
    I think the way it works in the show (and Meryl aluded to this when he put the zombie in with Glen "30min he'll be hungry again") is that the zombies actually do get hungry and need to eat to fend off decaying further. A well fed zombie like Penny (the govs daughter) will look a bit better than one that has trouble finding food, like the slow crawling leg-less zombie in the first episode.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I think the way it works in the show (and Meryl aluded to this when he put the zombie in with Glen "30min he'll be hungry again") is that the zombies actually do get hungry and need to eat to fend off decaying further. A well fed zombie like Penny (the govs daughter) will look a bit better than one that has trouble finding food, like the slow crawling leg-less zombie in the first episode.

The "He'll be hungry again in 30 minutes" was an racial insult to Glenn being asian.