Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    military = government. He doesnt want anyone else in charge. and wants the extra guns
    Yep and more mouths to feed, more supplies being drained OR they could just bring back a bunch of equipment and supplies and without the extra rabble rousing moochers. The fact that the leaders head was in a tank at the end shows he has a problem with other authority figures.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    You guys are really bordering on spoilers from the comic, guys. Can you please stay away from those, or use tags? Us tv only folks would appreciate it. :)

Yeah, sorry, I know I was stretching a bit further than I should, but I'm trying to keep it restricted only to stuff that has been mentioned by the producers (even if you haven't seen it mentioned ;)). I didn't meant to reveal the other characters though, but my timeline memory messed up :(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep and more mouths to feed, more supplies being drained when they could just bring back a bunch of equipment and supplies and no moochers. The fact that the leaders head was in a tank at the end shows he has a problem with other authority figures.

Which leader? Or was he one of the lower tanks? I saw the pilot's head, but he was only a scout, not a leader :)

I saw that move as simply keeping his power. If he let a bunch of strong military guys into his camp, and they caught onto his BS, they might challenge his authority, and take away his power (or worse).
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader wrote: »
    i lost 4 pounds, cause watching this series on lunchtime and
    doesnt ate this much - haha ..
    @topic: I dont get, why he killed this soldiers...

is there a link for the comics ?

Yeah I guess he killed them because he wants to remain in full control of woodbury (that's what its called right?) and not have his authority threatened.
    What I dont get is what's with the room full of walker heads ? (Spoiler tags just incase)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    Which leader? Or was he one of the lower tanks? I saw the pilot's head, but he was only a scout, not a leader :)

I saw that move as simply keeping his power. If he let a bunch of strong military guys into his camp, and they caught onto his BS, they might challenge his authority, and take away his power (or worse).
    I thought he was some kind of leader and they where out scouting? The way the soldiers looked around when he name dropped I thought it had some significance. Then the way they all went down like chumps and no one started barking orders I figured they where headless.

I agree power struggle, but he probably wouldn't admit that, it might show weakness, he would probably try to rationalize it somehow, at least to the small army of people that know the truth and had to do the killing, the people he has to worry about.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, I believe its the pilot's head, just to show that he killed him after getting the information he needed, instead of trying to convince him that the walkers got them, as he did with the other people. Most likely because the pilot, who knows those men, would question the story and make a fuzz.
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    Defiantly the pilots head..

I agree with the supplies and control version, but it dont fit with the "we take all back" comment.. Maybe he doesnt want to take all back.. just stay in woodberry..
    I think hes that nice with the grils, cause birth control ;)

@ zicoV: i think hes just a thick ass.. maybe hes working with the doc on a cheap walker-worker ;) - wink to resident evil
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Season is going great so far, so much progress, lot's of cool shit happening. :)

One bit in the last episode kinda irked me though. Obviously they did it for the drama but
    walking straight up to a group of soldiers and shooting one at point blank range, to initiate an ambush?

The delay between the first kill and the shots after took forever, these are highly trained soldiers, they had weapons and were holding them at the ready. They know more than anyone else to exercise extreme caution. The split second the Governor pulled out his gun to shoot the leader, he would have had a bullet straight through his head from one of the other soldier's rifles. It would be extremely likely in that situation that at least one of them would have him in their sights just to be sure.

That's also ignoring how stupid it is to even get that close to a group of soldiers to pull off that stunt in the first place.

again, it was obviously for dramatic effect but cheesy scenes like that really bug me.

Everyone also seems to be a master marksman too. but meh. :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Agreed, but showing up at dusk with a pot of poisoned baked beans and asking if he could spend the night wouldn't have lead to a one sided gun fight that made the violent impression that it did.
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    JFletcher wrote: »
    Season is going great so far, so much progress, lot's of cool shit happening. :)

One bit in the last episode kinda irked me though. Obviously they did it for the drama but
    walking straight up to a group of soldiers and shooting one at point blank range, to initiate an ambush?

The delay between the first kill and the shots after took forever, these are highly trained soldiers, they had weapons and were holding them at the ready. They know more than anyone else to exercise extreme caution. The split second the Governor pulled out his gun to shoot the leader, he would have had a bullet straight through his head from one of the other soldier's rifles. It would be extremely likely in that situation that at least one of them would have him in their sights just to be sure.

That's also ignoring how stupid it is to even get that close to a group of soldiers to pull off that stunt in the first place.

again, it was obviously for dramatic effect but cheesy scenes like that really bug me.

Everyone also seems to be a master marksman too. but meh. :)

hahah was what i thought aswell... i think i took to long for the episode, when he leads them to a trap and then kill em.. Maybe a scene shortcut, but not very "realistic"
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reading this thread makes me want to read the comics so bad.
    Does the tv show stay true to the comics and how would you say the compare ?
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    There are similarities, but I wouldn't say the same
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, they've stated that they intend to deviate from the comics a lot. As stated earlier, many of the characters are different, and several have met their demise at different times, than what was in the comics. For example, Shane never left the forest camp. Carl shot him back then. He was threatening Rick, and looked like he was going to shoot Rick, so Carl took care of things (hiding in the background).
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    well, they definitely made this episode look like the two groups were gonna meet in some sort of battle. Was not expecting what happened. I personally thought it was fantastic. And very emotional. It really showed the human side of things. This show really is getting better and better.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    RIP T - motherfucking - Dog... talk about a delayed death lol

this episode felt like it had a lot of commercial breaks in it thou
  • DanBe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fantastic episode! I love that they changed the action quiet a bit from the comic.
    But like that the biker guy (forgot his name = funny mustage dude) is really the same biker guy like in the comic, cause i kinda like him in the comic. Hope he gets somewhere close to him in the show.

Love how this episode ended on this huge emotional cliffhanger. So many things happened and a great paste, from tons of action / emotions with the prison group to slow buildup tension in woodburry.

Can't wait till next sunday!!!
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Two dead in one episode
    ..rough!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone else get the feeling that
    Laurie isn't dead
    ? It's hard to tell with shows at times, when they intentionally don't show something.

Loved the episode though. Andrea is getting back into that annoying mode, where I wish she would become a zombie snack. I also think it was stupid of Michonne to so openly question the Governor. Very uncharacteristic from her comic book equivalent, yet I suspect they are using these actions to motivate future 'activities' by the Governor.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    notman, I get the same feeling. The talking dead (show that talks about it afterwards) usually has
    people that die on it. But, they only had t dog. Not laurie. So, Im wondering if either she isnt completely dead, or, carl couldnt shoot her, so she's a zombie now. Though, they did have her in the RIP section of the talking dead.) I dunno. It's hard to tell. I feel with that much blood, if she's alive, Im gonna be pissed.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, not to mention
    she's listed on IMDB for the next couple episodes (and T-Dog is not). Then again, she could be credited because of Rick visiting crazytown, and talking with her on the phone
    . I didn't get to see the Talking Dead yet (I wish it started right after the show), but I heard the same thing you mentioned.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone else get the feeling that
    Laurie isn't dead
    ? It's hard to tell with shows at times, when they intentionally don't show something.
    I'm pretty sure she is gone, Karl shot her, just like he would have shot Hershel if he turned, he is very pragmatic about life and death.

(comic spoiler)
    Besides Lori never makes it out of the prison in the comic. The governor attacks and she gets shot through the torso while holding the baby. Rick has to put both of them down.
    Loved the episode though. Andrea is getting back into that annoying mode, where I wish she would become a zombie snack. I also think it was stupid of Michonne to so openly question the Governor. Very uncharacteristic from her comic book equivalent, yet I suspect they are using these actions to motivate future 'activities' by the Governor.
    I agree about Andrea, I'm beginning to think she might stick around which her bleeding heart style, will probably cause problems for the Governor and I'm sure he realizes that after she almost managed to send Meryl off.

He seems to like ruthless people with below average intelligence who are loyal, at least for his army, which is why Meryl is is "right hand" man. He will probably stomach intelligence in the civilian side which is where he probably wants to put Andrea, so long as it is devoutly loyal. He needs devoutly ruthless psychos for his army which is probably who he thinks Michonne is. I don't really get why he is so impressed by her, he never saw her in action that we know of. He only really has to go off of her "pets" as to what she will do to survive and I guess that's enough to impress him...

Also I don't like that another person got the drop on her...
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    oooo, notman, if that's the case
    ya, rick probably has flashbacks, or talks to her in his imagination
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ... Karl shot her...
    Did he? All we heard was a gun shot. I know what you're saying, from the comic, but there is a lot of questions surrounding how they treated it, including the Talking Dead.

I'm not saying I'll be surprised if she is dead. I'm just suggesting that she may NOT be ;)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oooo, notman, if that's the case
    ya, rick probably has flashbacks, or talks to her in his imagination
    That would be awesome. I wonder if they'll turn Karl into a heartless little robot or if his mom will also haunt him...
    (comic spoiler]
    In the comic Michonne has conversations with herself, so that would be cool to have a character that does that also. This would be a good catalyst for something like that... Also Rick does have a mental breakdown in the prison. He sort of masked the breakdown and lack of leadership, with his wound recovery, but he's not wounded so it could get pretty interesting. Unless of course he gets wounded going Berserk?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Pretty bad episode. People just dont fucking act like that... if someone requested me to do what 'ol preggers did I would tell her to feck off... this is what happens when people complain because a show is a bit if a slow burner. They start cramming action and pointless drama in.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Andreas, I think you have no idea what you're talking about. It's a whole new world, and people act completely different. And pretty sure
    she would have died either way. This way its either the baby lives and she dies,or they both die

How you think this was a bad episode, I cant even fathom. You're the first who didnt like it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What exactly do you have issues with? Her asking to be cut open? She would be dead if that kid wasn't cut out, which would kill the baby too. Maggie had to cut the baby out. She's been shown things by her dad in the past, even if she hadn't recently been taught that. Just because you wouldn't have the balls to do it, doesn't mean others wouldn't. People also don't get chased by zombies, but well...

lol, cross post. What Slip said :)
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Andreas wrote: »
    Pretty bad episode. People just dont fucking act like that... if someone requested me to do what 'ol preggers did I would tell her to feck off... this is what happens when people complain because a show is a bit if a slow burner. They start cramming action and pointless drama in.
    What wrong with cramming action in a show? lol... This may have been the best episode yet... heck so far its looking like it may end up to be the best season. How do you know what people act like in a Zombie Apocalypse? :baby:
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    It was a great episode. Brave one. Lots of though luck situations. Thats whats cool in this show. It's zombie apocalypse and you don't know if your next day won't be your last one. Sometimes one mistake can make your whole day full of action. Andreas - you really think they created this episode like this because people were complaining ?

T Dog you are a brave man!!!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18

I disagree, there's countless stories of people performing emergency surgeries with inadequate tools in bad situations. It sounds like you're framing it in your mind as "what if a pregnant stranger walked up to me in a non-zombie apocalypse and asked me to perform a c-section?"
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I disagree, there's countless stories of people performing emergency surgeries with inadequate tools in bad situations. It sounds like you're framing it in your mind as "what if a pregnant stranger walked up to me in a non-zombie apocalypse and asked me to perform a c-section?"

I call that a Saturday

awesome episode! This season is heads & tails better than the last, love it.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    i generally enjoyed the episode.. but i gotta say.. am i the only one who's actually glad she is gone?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, not at all. If she's truly gone, I'll be a happy viewer :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well you do have to look at it from Lori's perspective and filter in her recent talk with Hershel.

Her biggest fear was that she would turn while giving birth and do something to the baby. OR the baby would die inside of her and claw its way out. There is no such thing as a stillborn baby in their new world... How much damage a zombie baby could do is debatable but then how much damage could a rotting corpse actually do someone?

Also she knew from giving birth to Karl, it was going to be difficult and the risks where high to everyone involved so it's not like it was going to be ideal and easy, which is why she was talking to Hershel about the C-section and why Carol went off to practice on a walker. That's some risky shit and Lori had to know there was a good chance she wasn't walking away from it, especially in that scenario.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone thought about it like 'Lori, even when you die you only leave problems' (like in child they have to feed and protect ;p). I know taking care of the child wasn't only her duty but still ... :P

Oh and I'm also happy she is dead.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    id be happy if they kill off Andrea and/or Carl... but that won't happen anytime soon if ever : (

oh and i nominate Carol to take over T-Dog's role as being pointless, she had potential to be useful when she was practicing performing the c-section on a walker, and she does know some medical stuff. But considering Maggie knows (im guessing a little bit more) and the fact that Hershel is still in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets killed soon. Not to mention she will probably go into that annoying guilt rant over T-Dog sacrificing himself for her, even thou he was already a goner.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    id be happy if they kill off Andrea and/or Carl... but that won't happen anytime soon if ever : (

oh and i nominate Carol to take over T-Dog's role as being pointless, she had potential to be useful when she was practicing performing the c-section on a walker, and she does know some medical stuff. But considering Maggie knows (im guessing a little bit more) and the fact that Hershel is still in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets killed soon. Not to mention she will probably go into that annoying guilt rant over T-Dog sacrificing himself for her, even thou he was already a goner.
    She always seems a bit unstable and about to do herself in if she gets just one more piece of bad news and she has gotten a lot of it but still hangs around. She seems pretty fond of Daryl? Meryl making a re-entry might mess that up, toss that with survivors guilt over T-Dog and she might do something everyone might regret.

Also the writers seem not to care too much about filling jobs and roles, "oh this is the medic they won't off him/her". That seems to be exactly what they tend to do hahaha.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Ugh yes. Not sure I can take schmoozy Andrea and a guilt-trippin' Carol all at once. Carl on the other hand. Seemed to have that killer's glint in his eyes after offing Lori, so maybe a little less childish bullshit from him in the future.

RIP T-Dawg. Never made it to the big leagues, story-wise.. a damn shame!
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wait.. Was it only T-dog who died or did Carol die as well ? I mean Daryl did pick up a bloody scarf in the corridor and told Hershel that "they" didn't make it. Or did i miss something in their last scene ?

But hey Lori died.. YAY!
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No I don't think she died. No body and this whole T-Dog 'sacrifice' would end up pointless. Usually tv shows doesn't work that way... usually ;p

I think Carol will be important when Daryl will meet up with his brother. Something like choose between brother and Carol (lover... ?). Maybe It won't be that simple. Will see.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    So is Mr. Mustache going to decap' the pointless blonde girl? That scene with the girls and the psychopath in the Prison still haunts me to this day and is one of the most crazy things I've read in any comic

Woops
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Hey Erich..
    you're a douche bag. use spoiler tags for comic shit
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Was I the only one hoping for a zombie baby?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think, only because I know it wasn't a zombie baby in the comics, that I didn't see it happening on the show either. But again, they like to switch things up a bit. I did start to feel that way, when she first held the baby, and it wasn't breathing yet. I knew she had to pat the back, to clear the breathing tube, but the baby had no movement initially. BTW, I love how the afterbirth has magically disappeared ;)
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    cptSwing wrote: »
    Carl on the other hand. Seemed to have that killer's glint in his eyes after offing Lori, so maybe a little less childish bullshit from him in the future.

I noticed that too. I wonder if that's what the title of the episode was referring to or if it's the new baby. It was called, "The Killer Inside" I think, so it could go either way, but I'm thinking it's more related to Carl...

I enjoyed the episode, although it was a little hard getting over two characters that have been there since the first episode are gone. I'm just glad it wasn't another episode following Andrea and Michonne. Andrea bugs me.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    exist two characters from the original group and welcome two prisoner peeps, i still don't think they should trust the white (don't remember names) prisoner
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Candystripes05, I think his name is Axel.
    ErichWK wrote: »
    So is Mr. Mustache going to decap' the pointless blonde girl? That scene with the girls and the psychopath in the Prison still haunts me to this day and is one of the most crazy things I've read in any comic
    (comic spoiler)
    I think the crazy guy that Rick chased off and later set up the whole zombie attack is a substitute for that story arc. Something tells me crazy mustache man will be the Axel of the group and actually help out and join up, but Rick keeps shooting him down. He is not quite as cool as comic Axel and probably just zombie fodder later on...
    I do kind of like the other prisoner, Oscar I hope he sticks around for a while, (comic spoiler)
    I don't think he was in the comics?

(comic spoiler)
    Is it just me or are they blowing through the prison story arc pretty fast?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think there is a lot from the comics, that have been condensed, and accelerated, so they could get to the governor faster.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Wow. I didn't see any of that coming. Kinda shocking.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, it seems like I was misinformed. Lori was credited with a death on Talking Dead, in the memoriam. So, conspiracy theory over. I now believe they have finished her off, and there my secondary opinion, is why
    Lori is still listed on IMDB for the next few episodes