Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    people have been guessing flashbacks, dreams, illusions etc
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'm trying not to mix in my comic knowledge, which I have covered in black spoilers. I suspect I know why though.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    I really should pick up the comics....

I'm a bit annoyed they killed of T-Dog. He was useless but not as annoying as some other characters who died. And the baby scene - best plastic baby ever!
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    After 3 seasons we know nothing about him.

and that good sir is why he was my hero :'(
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    I was assuming he was going to be kept around until Merl would show up and extract his revenge on T-Dog. But yeah, seems really strange they just wrote him off in such a simple way, after him being around so long. Perhaps they changed plans for him after season 2..
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    ^ I was waiting for this. The ONE important piece of conflict that he could have brought to the series was with Merl and how that might unfold.
    Pushing zombies up against a wall for her to escape vs Merl exacting his revenge.. hmmm
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Yah, what was up with T-Dog. Would have been neat to have at least one flash back of his life.

Personally I love the web series (even if the acting is poor.). I think it's great how they show the history of the half-body zombie from season 1. Maybe they'll do the same with T-Dog and the other characters later on? One can dream...

It'd be great to show each characters "5 minutes before the zombies."
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Well you do have to look at it from Lori's perspective and filter in her recent talk with Hershel.

Her biggest fear was that she would turn while giving birth and do something to the baby. OR the baby would die inside of her and claw its way out. There is no such thing as a stillborn baby in their new world...

Forgot that conversation. They should have put that in the 'previously on'... or edited in a flash back. Or hell; have her tell her that she is afraid to turn, and she risks dying anyway, so just take the baby. That would have been best I think. Seems a bit more justified then.

Personally I felt it was all very rushed. Have the gates/zombie attack this week, have them trapped this week too, create some tension, then next week have the surgery and birth. I think it would have been better that way. Here it was 'oh baby time' to birth in about ten minutes. Creating some uncertainty and anticipation would have been interesting.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I never liked TDog (he seemed pretty useless before this season), and it's good that some deaths are anticlimactic. It's what zombie themes are about to me, the fact that even as you try and stave off death (by staying in a farmhouse or by eating healthy and exercising in real-life, it can still sneak up on you)
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    T-Dog dying (it's been mentioned several times on this page, no point spoiler tagging it) was a bit meh... As Bek mentioned, I was hoping to see all the build up from Season 1 with Merl come to a standoff. You don't build that much tension just for a crappy quick death.

Also, what kind of person sacrifices themselves to 2 zombies when you are TWO PEOPLE, they should both have a sharp melee weapon on them at all times, they've lived long enough to know this shit. A knife isnt exactly something thats rationed or hard to find, at this point every member of the group should have one or even 2, they're that common.

Yeah, sure,
    he got bit beforehand
    but chill the fuck out, at least have a try at killing them. and get back to the group, hell, how do you know its even safe for her beyond that door? Keep going, if your're really ok with dying, why not die respectfully with the group, they can spare 1 bullet to give him a painless death.

But, yeah, not as dramatic I guess.

Also, Carl is becoming one stone cold motherfucker.. I like the direction but cmon,
    barely shedding a tear or any emotion/panic after his mom dies and gets cut open right in front of him? Was he adopted or did he just really hate his mom? Ricks reaction was much more believable.

I just wanna see that kid actually show some emotion at some point.

I actually love complaining about this show, not in a serious way, but the whole "they should have done this or this" aspect of a zombie apocalypse that we all apparently know makes it so much more fun. :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wanna join up with you if the zombie apocalypse comes round Fletch :P
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Actually in the comics, Carl is
    turning into quite the little psycho, with no humanity. I was just waiting for him to snap and wanted him to just die.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher wrote: »
    Also, Carl is becoming one stone cold motherfucker.. I like the direction but cmon,
    barely shedding a tear or any emotion/panic after his mom dies and gets cut open right in front of him? Was he adopted or did he just really hate his mom? Ricks reaction was much more believable.

He was crying before everything happened. After Lori's speech, he was balling. He was also crying when they got outside (but only visible tears, not like Rick's reaction).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher wrote: »

(comic spoiler)
    That's one of the things they touch on in the comic, several characters jokingly refer to him as a serial killer in a 8yr olds body, but they actually had another little kid that turned out to be a murderous psychopath and Carl actually kills him while the group is trying to figure out what to do with a kid that murders and actually has no empathy for anything. It haunts Carl and he admits to crying about it every night, but admits it had to be done it was more dangerous to leave him alive.

Something tells me they are going to exchange that, moment for his mother as the thing that haunts him.

He has trouble adjusting once they reach a safety zone and doesn't want to let his guard down and be normal, he thinks its weakness and he'll die if he does, and for most of his life that has been true, you can die even if you don't let your guard down.
    But it shows the difference between growing up where most of your life has been spent within this new normal and the adults that spent most of their life before the apocalypse.

It's a bit like being blinded after 30 years of sight and being blind from birth. If you're blind from birth you are more likely to not give a flying f**k about seeing. You just deal with it and learn to do things differently. Where if its something that you've had for 30 years you miss it, get bitter and have trouble adapting. Because of his age he adapts a bit better. Which probably means getting good at dealing with emotional things when its safe and bottling it up when its not, like his dad was doing when they where outside the prison that first night.

I think his storming out after he killed his mom was his way of pushing it down, he seems to be very pragmatic about things and knows that fear and emotions can get in the way and get you killed so you deal with it later when its safe? But we'll see where they take it, right now he does look pretty cold blooded.

But then he does smile a lot at Hershel's younger daughter so there must be some emotions in there... But he seemed more focused on the next thing, getting away from the thing he had just done, avoiding the walkers and getting out of the dead ended room that they just made a bunch of noise in. He will probably deal with it later... after his dad gets his marbles back and stops rolling around on the ground crying in a pile of zombie guts.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    did they say how old she was in the show? I assumed she was 16 or 17(the character not the actress).
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    Off-topic but WTF?

The girl that plays Beth in the show is in her mid-20's

How does she look 12???

Emily_Kinney_Phone.JPG

mqdefault.jpg

You trying to justify something? ;P

Never thought of it tbh. She does look around 16.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Even though I could tell they were writing her to seem younger, I always thought she was 20 at least. I haven't seen too many 12 year olds that look like that, haha.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She doesn't look 12 at all, maybe 17-18? She is kind of short and they are writing her to be pretty shy and a little naive, but it seems like she is meant to be a love interest for Carl who is obviously a lot younger but the actor is aging pretty quickly on the show, so we will probably see something happening between the two once that gap closes a bit more.

Besides it's not like Carl or Beth have an abundance of options... Sofia was the closest person to Carl's age.(comic spoiler)
    I don't think Beth was in the comic, there where a few other kids Carl's age, one was a little psychopath and killed his brother and was later executed by Carl,
    but I'm glad they didn't have a bunch of little kids running around it would have been too weird, even if it would have been more "realistic" they would have had all kinds of problems. Aging, acting ability, mixed signals like "kids don't watch this but we have a cast you would see on a Disney Sitcom".
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    All of the talk about Carl not showing emotion ties in with the title of the episode, 'Killer Within'. I thought it was going to be about the baby when Lori started having problems. I haven't read the comic, but after seeing what other people have said, it makes even more sense to me. Maybe they'll go in more of the comic's direction with Carl's character?
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    When you're as young as Carl, and have those kind of experiences, I'm betting you get pretty numb. Besides, it flashed back to his discussion w his father about "no more kid stuff" and how everyone is going to die some day. This kid knows he has to grow up or he's a goner. This is just another huge knot in his psyche that he's swallowing, and will no doubt be uh... troubled going forward.

Great episode. Wish I wasn't able to so easily make the token-black-guy-switch joke when I was watching, but meh.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    Great episode. Wish I wasn't able to so easily make the token-black-guy-switch joke when I was watching, but meh.
    It doesn't help that he was also the longest running red shirt in TV history...
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    another good episode. :D

i didnt read the comics but
    i had a feeling the governors daughter was a zombie. he sort of hinted at it in one of the episodes.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought for sure Carol would turn up somewhere in this episode, if they don't bring her back at all not even as a walker i say she got the shaft worse then T-Dog. But then again i wouldn't be surprised
    if it was her on the phone.
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    I just thought I'd put Ricks reaction to T-Dogs death here. RIP T-Dog
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So-kKed7AAM"]Rick Cries because Lori Dies: "Awwww, no" HD - YouTube[/ame]
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Selaznog wrote: »
    I just thought I'd put Ricks reaction to T-Dogs death here. RIP T-Dog
    Rick Cries because Lori Dies: "Awwww, no" HD - YouTube
    He sounds really distraught, but the body movement reads null.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought for sure Carol would turn up somewhere in this episode, if they don't bring her back at all not even as a walker i say she got the shaft worse then T-Dog. But then again i wouldn't be surprised
    if it was her on the phone.

The 'next episode' teaser suggests that Carol is still alive (found her knife in a walker's head). I found it odd that they made a grave for her, without a body (a cross, sure, but dig a 6ft long grave?).

That is not
    Carol on the phone
    . The comic book readers know exactly who it is, but that's all I'm going to say ;)

I found it odd that they allowed Michonne to leave (and Andrea, if she had wanted to). I'm sure there is some kind of plan involved though. The Talking Dead showed next week, and Andrea continues to be the stupid slut that we've come to expect from her. Dumbass.

Speaking of the Talking Dead, they confirmed that it was Lori in that distended belly. I thought for sure, they were going to play it out, like it was something else, once Rick went around the corner (where the zombie was chillin'). I'm not sure why he started stabbing the stomach though. Just to confirm that she's dead? ;)
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    notman wrote: »
    The 'next episode' teaser suggests that Carol is still alive (found her knife in a walker's head). I found it odd that they made a grave for her, without a body (a cross, sure, but dig a 6ft long grave?).

That is not
    Carol on the phone
    . The comic book readers know exactly who it is, but that's all I'm going to say ;)

I found it odd that they allowed Michonne to leave (and Andrea, if she had wanted to). I'm sure there is some kind of plan involved though. The Talking Dead showed next week, and Andrea continues to be the stupid slut that we've come to expect from her. Dumbass.

Speaking of the Talking Dead, they confirmed that it was Lori in that distended belly. I thought for sure, they were going to play it out, like it was something else, once Rick went around the corner (where the zombie was chillin'). I'm not sure why he started stabbing the stomach though. Just to confirm that she's dead? ;)

Really ? He ate whole Lori ? Like in every bone? Great episode but this part... really ? Whooooole person ? In this distended belly ? After T Dog there were left overs. After Lori there is nothing. Greedy zombie was greedy.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I mean I at least would have eaten Lori's crotch but the whole body... Ehhh...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, no, not the whole Lori. Apparently the idea was, she was dragged around the corner, eaten, then the zombie was so full, that it collapsed there, as it was walking away. Her remnants are around that corner ;)
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Why would it drag Lori ? It's a zombie. It's not like he needs a plate or a spoon. Eat it where you found it you silly zombie. Sorry this explanation doesn't work for me :P (but the blood smear on the ground works in your favor).
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Oniram wrote: »
    another good episode. :D

i didnt read the comics but
    i had a feeling the governors daughter was a zombie. he sort of hinted at it in one of the episodes.

Yeah I had the same feeling. They definitely hinted at it.

Another awesome episode.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    A phone? Really? That just seems strange to me. Especially since they turned off the power to the place.

But honestly, with how rick was that entire episode, my first thought was that it would be lori on the phone, but its all in his head. thats the only way he knows how to talk to her, kinda deal.

Apparntly we find out who it is next week though. so thats good
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I missed out on the teaser, and i was wondering the same thing about the grave... maybe they dug it for something to do? When they were digging i thought they were going to go look for a body to put in it... not fill it in empty :S

also thought they were against burying walkers in that area for fear of contaminating crops
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A plugged in wall phone like that would still have power despite the main lines being turned off since phone lines carry small amounts of power :) Hence why it is always good to have one laying around the house in the event of a disaster and the power is out. They can be plugged in to replace the wireless...
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    A plugged in wall phone like that would still have power despite the main lines being turned off since phone lines carry small amounts of power :) Hence why it is always good to have one laying around the house in the event of a disaster and the power is out. They can be plugged in to replace the wireless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaLGvJkoP8&feature=related
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Michonne is a badass

twd-s3-michonne-first-look-560.jpg
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, you guys sure as hell are making me itch just to spoil what happens in the next 3/4 episodes...
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I liked how Glenn talked about all the great/brave stuff T-Dog used to do that the show never gave any indication he was capable of doing...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Man, you guys sure as hell are making me itch just to spoil what happens in the next 3/4 episodes...
    lol, I feel the same. My tongue is bleeding from biting it.

Jesse: the phone will still only carry power if the phone co. is providing it ;)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ace-Angel wrote: »

you mean spoil what you THINK might happen... If this show has proven anything, its that comics mean jack shit. Yes, a lot of the same stuff is in it, but so much has changed as well. :)
  • DLoud
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DLoud polycounter lvl 15

That would assume the telephone company still has power. The small amounts of electricity in your phone lines is provided by the phone company typically.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    you mean spoil what you THINK might happen... If this show has proven anything, its that comics mean jack shit. Yes, a lot of the same stuff is in it, but so much has changed as well. :)

Oh, we know ;) Well, let me say this, we will be EXTREMELY stunned if this doesn't happen.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, we know ;) Well, let me say this, we will be EXTREMELY stunned if this doesn't happen.

please tell me someone is ordering pizza and has screwed up the number!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »

They did change alot of stuff, but the more important stuff from chapter to chapter is being kept intact, so even if a character say...get's shot in the show instead of eating a blade in their head as in the comics, that character is still going to die.

And yeah, as Notman said, I would be extremely surprised if within the next few episodes/chapter segments they didn't follow the books closely, as they pretty much set in stone the nature of certain things down the line.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ive gone off the show a bit. Its just getting weird now, but not in a good way. By and large the prison scenes are good but the town is just weird. Pity, cause I was looking forward to the characters getting some real respite.

Ive started watching Sons of Anarchy, now there is a good show. Bit cartoony, but very solid.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea im not a big fan of the town either, sure it will have a big effect on the over all plot soon (i hope) but till then it is pretty boring to me at least
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys just put your thoughts in spoiler tags. I am very interested in what it is you guys are talking about.

Also on the phone lines....yeah power company has to be pumping power...
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in the US the land lines were built to survive a nuclear war, you know that whole A.R.P.N. net thing. around the nation are underground (like 100 feet) "bunkers" run by the phone companies, its entirely possible a few here and there are set up to be solar and with automation might stay up for a year or two.

or they could be run by survivors.

I know the bunker thing sounds "tinfoil hat", but Ive delivered pizza to them before, so there :P