Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    dfacto wrote: »
    What retards are buying lowby items for Act 1? You can beat the Skeleton King naked for crying out loud!

I must be a retard then...

I buy items with experience bonus. Level up quicker...Doh, What a retard!! ;P
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Stinger88 wrote: »

this... any lowbie item with +exp as a stat is worth a small fortune.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    dfacto wrote: »
    What retards are buying lowby items for Act 1? You can beat the Skeleton King naked for crying out loud!

Odd. I had to buy gears from the npcs before I went for the skeleton king.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Guess you guys must have terrible loot drops; I get consistently nice gear in act 1 and 2 normal. Then it shuts down completely. :/
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Stinger88 wrote: »

This, it's very easy to get money for those newbie items and it'll speed up leveling, both with exp bonuses and more damage = less time to kill enemies.
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    Anyone killing Diablo on inferno? I seriously need some help with him.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    It's fun on the 2nd play through to get socketed items and put over powered gems into them, yay for doubling my DPS.

Also the auction house is kinda fun for doing weird builds as well, I'm playing a lvl 22 witch doctor with pickup radius, faster mana regen, and more mana. Using a passive to get zombie dogs to spawn 5% of the time if someone dies in my pickup radius, which is at 29, so 1/20 kills I get a zombie dog to suicide for 250% dps. Plus I use high mana use spells as much as possible. Currently doing well in act 3 with it.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    Rwolf wrote: »
    Is it trolling that I start the secret lvl on hell mode, and make it public for low 50's to join?

If it's on HC, then you're definitely an ass. :|
  • percydaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackwhat wrote: »
    Me and the people I play with got a bit lucky as we grinded out Act I... Essentially as there were 4 of us playing its 4x the chance to get better items and we'd just kite elites and have a laugh as it was still fresh. I still remember an elite pack taking about an hour or so in the fields of sorrow.

This over a week ago now and wizards were overpowered so we had the help of that, its impressive how fast the tides turn when you get a 600+ dps weapon in Act I, it pretty much enables you to work your way through it slowly but surely.

Diablo is a lot of fun... i've cleared upto azmodan now and I dont really care enough to kill diablo himself as i find myself asking the question "for what?". I wonder how to really review timeplayed in a game like this. As is it feels a bit fake and dragged out to get to what is the real game, id go as far to say that i wasnt really playing diablo until i got midway through Hell as up until that point afflix/animations had next to no meaning. And the analogy I want to keep using is that its like frogger without cars or logs, the game isnt really the same at all.

Oh well, had my fun but would have liked for something a little deeper and longer lasting. Bring on Dark Souls, one of the best games in a long time.

How do you get 4 times the chance for good drops? Just agree to trade anything the other person can use?
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Rai wrote: »
    If it's on HC, then you're definitely an ass. :|

No, I'm not that evil, but I do get a kick out of ppls reactions that never been there yet, then getting one shot and debating to stay or not, I say 75% of the time they stay, any barbs that join usually quit.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Dear Crazyfinger,
    The kicker being it easily does over 100+ DPS more than the LEGENDARY WINDFORCE (bow of ass rape from Diablo I and Diablo II fame for those that aren't aware) so I guess my character is finished... zzzzzz.

Ugh. That pains me to see that.

Windforce since Diablo 1 was an overpowered bitch, because it's supposed to have 'knockback'. I named my Demon Hunter 'Windforce' expecting it to be the end-game epic bow of uber-ness that's supposed to have the highest damage output of any bow in the entire game.

>_<
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    Blaizer wrote: »
    I think Hardcore is for sadomasochistic people :D. In Diablo 2 i reached level 90 in hardcore, and one day, due to a lag hit, my character died. It's a huge waste of time and effort to lvl up a character and grind all the items like a sick person.

Now with diablo 3 you don't need to grind items, you go to the AH and you buy good rare items, better than legendary. But in hardcore... ugh you can't find as many items because only a few ones play in that mode.

I played a lot of D2 HC and, I'll agree, it's a little masochistic. But, I still have my last 95 Javazon on there. The endgame of D2 became so repetitive, it was sorta nice to just get your character wiped and move on sometimes.

---stop reading here if you don't want to be bummed out about Inferno :)---

I think one of the many problems with the way they tuned the difficulty with Inferno in D3 was that it was specifically around softcore. And the death penalty has become so negligible, how else could they make it hard without the player just hitting a brick wall? A medium-core would be great, where you lose xp and gold (or something), but with less one shot kills from monsters. EDIT: with a 60 level cap, I guess xp isn't really applicable. And less spawn, chip away hp, die, respawn, repeat.

Anyway, D3 was pretty fun up until Act 2 Inferno... now it's just lame. When did Diablo become about only gold farming? I thought it was about finding cool loot. I'm not finding any cool loot really... just a bunch of rares under my clvl. Legendaries are pretty bad. I'm just stacking dexterity, vitality, res on my items(Monk). Also, what ever happened to stats and skill points and making a unique character? You know, the RPG in aRPG?

I'm sure most of this stuff will get worked out in patches/xp or whatever. Right now the end game feels a little closer to a beta than I was expecting... pretty fun co-op until then though.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I really wish you lost 100 gold x your level when you died. It'd stop people from glass cannon builds.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woohoo lost all my shit \o/
    rollback please.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    ZacD, in inferno you lose enough money having to fix all the time because of all the deaths.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    5k gold every 10 deaths, not that big of a deal when gold drops at 500 stacks.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Thanks for your post.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    If you have items with gold finding, in inferno you can have 1000+ gold per stack. What i hate the most are the specials mobs :P
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    ZacD wrote: »
    I really wish you lost 100 gold x your level when you died. It'd stop people from glass cannon builds.

Yeah, how dare players play how they want! No one should play a high-offense class because they're bad people and they should pay for it.

They even have passives to further enhance glass cannon builds, even named it "Glass Cannon."

People play how they want and thinking a sweeping design change like that is needed is silly.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Haiasi wrote: »
    People play how they want and thinking a sweeping design change like that is needed is silly.

Generally, in video games, dying constantly shouldn't be part of your strategy. It's usually considered a bug when it becomes a crucial aspect of gameplay. Blizzard has taken the "don't do anything that might make the player feel bad in any way" design philosophy to an extreme, and kinda broken the franchise with it. Thankfully this is something they can fix with a patch.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    The design of diablo 3 is ingenious if you're looking to funnel players into the auction house for more money. What bothers me is the core game is a bit unfulfilled because this is the direction they decided to take. The loot grind simply doesn't scratch the itch. It feels like a free to play game where at some point you come to the realization you need to spend money in order to enjoy it fully, which is reasonable since it's FTP, but I've already laid down 60 bucks.

If you want to farm powerful items you generally have to buy powerful items to reach an area where they drop. They were very closed doors about these plans and as a consumer i feel a bit manipulated, though after being burned so bad with their promises of the editor in starcraft 2 this didn't really come as a surprise personally.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    The thing I'm wondering is...

If you do get all the absolute best gear in the whole entire game.

Does Inferno play EXACTLY the same as 'above average' gear on Hell mode?
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @jacquechoi

Right now sort of... the only major difference would be the difficulty disparity of elite enemies, they spike well above act bosses right now at times and the obvious exponential damage curve the difficulties take (they say they're changing this though). Currently these differences have a major affect on how you play, you end up tuning your builds purely for survivability, so yeah there are MAJOR differences between the acts, but they don't feel planned, it's more haphazard gatekeeping of unfinished content.

This will surely change as items become more robust and higher end loot becomes more "unique" but for now it's essentially the same game with some number tweaks between all difficulties. I'd imagine in the coming months we'll see items that have more profound affects on skill usage so having a top teir set will have direct affects on how you utilize your skill builds and your play. We can see hints of this already with items that give specific skills reduced mana costs and increased crits and damage.

It's fun to think about how taking these items to the next level would create some really wacky and inventive builds, especially if they buffed some of the less utilized but fun skills and ruins through rare items. For a diablo game more of this should have been implemented for launch, it's sorta the heart of the entire experience.

What I'd really love to see is more nuanced skill stats. Some skills will use life on hit, some wont, etc. If skills outright showed how much of your DPS they used, what % of tap or life on hit they utilized it would open the door for items that modified these values, so you could get an item for instance that increased the lifetap of whirwind while reducing the damage making it a defensive skill, could even give bonuses to defense while whirl-winding and all kinds of whacky stuff. The problem is augmentation of skills is already utilized by runes so it actually makes a system like this overly complex, instead of just modifying one skill you're modifying 6 skills. It just feels poorly planned for longterm augmentation of the classes and skills, or more likely rushed and these rune skill modifiers were meant to be on items or sockets all along (they're called runes after all). Maybe in the future we'll see these runes itemized and with quality level. But how do you tune items and skills that people payed cash for? It's a dangerous situation that i would imagine severely limits gameplay iteration.

Personally I'll be happy when when there's an item that gives whirlwind enough of a fury tap that you can use it indefinitely, an item that reduces the cooldown on teleport to 0, and a rune that turns the witchdoctor into the necromancer. /stereotypical diablo rant off ;)
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg wrote: »
    Generally, in video games, dying constantly shouldn't be part of your strategy. It's usually considered a bug when it becomes a crucial aspect of gameplay. Blizzard has taken the "don't do anything that might make the player feel bad in any way" design philosophy to an extreme, and kinda broken the franchise with it. Thankfully this is something they can fix with a patch.

That's not what I was criticizing, I was annoyed at the comment that glass cannon builds should be punished with absurdly high repair bills... it's like saying any build different than you think is optimal should be penalized.

I play a high DPS wizard in Inferno and do quite well. I had to grab an extra defensive ability or two, yes, but I am halfway through A2 right now and have been progressing at a decent pace, albeit slower than Hell.

On a side note...

There needs to be some good unique content for max level players. Progressing through the same content I've been through 3+ times already (including alts) is not my definition of fun max level content. I should be rewarded with a ton of new content intended solely for max level players.

It's a funny example, but WoW does a good job at that. There has always been lots of new stuff to do once you capped level... Diablo has you just rerun the same old shit over and over and over.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    albeit slower than Hell.

nicely done.

I managed to inch my way to the end of act 2 playing a purely tank barbarian and it's painful. I rely on grouping and just occupy the enemies, I don't outright tank them since that would kill me, i just run them in circles while tapping life with the flavor of the month sprint lifetap build that's all the rage right now for barbs. I suppose with enough money i could buy some decent items to up my damage and defense but it's nearly impossible to purchase them these days and they only drop in higher difficulties. I just feel "stuck". I've always had a knack for picking a class that doesn't excel in the end game as my first character, haha.

As for your progression complains Haiasi I dunno, I always felt progression isn't so much hard content in the diablo universe as it is a progression of gameplay through new itemization.

Diablo progresses first by getting great items with awesome core stats that let you beat hell (or inferno as they call it now). This should take a good bit of time but be relatively doable. From here the progression goes from needing core survivablity to luxury type stats... Run speed, more and more damage, reduced cooldowns, longer durations on things, magic find (obviously). There are tons of things they can augment to inject new life into the game and higher end levels.

What made running through old content so satisfying in prior diablo games was twink items. You'd get a badass drop for a level 20 character, something like a helmet with 20 charges of teleport and throw it in your stash. Give it to your new character with a few other items and you're just flying through content in a fresh new way. Again i think the stale repetitive gameplay comes down to stale, rushed, itemization. I'm not just saying high end items, there needs to be fresh and interesting content accross the board to foster the old feeling of creating powerful alts that play in exciting new ways. To ramble on a bit more... in interconnecting everyone so well with mandatory internet and ease of connecting to one another it's going to be really easy to share items. There's going to be obvious inflation, just share twink sets with each other and it will further reduce the thrill of item seeking. There really needs to be a "no drop" or "bind on equip" dynamic to this game if it's going to rekindle that old rush of farming items for yourself (hell it'd be lucrative It's gotta be on the way).
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    I play barb, Hell is easy as hell and I usually farm Hell Whimsyshire for some gear as well as act 1 and 2 on inferno, usually with friends so we can do a ton of treasure goblins fast. I have bought my share of AH gear, and sold it, though I don't look at buying AH gear as much as I look at it as a rental. I mean, when I find gear, I just sell my legendary again for about the same price, and nothing is lost. Pretty alright. Only problem now is that everything on act 2 inferno that has a blue or yellow tint blows me to hell by sensing me.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These three videos this guy made pretty much sum up all the reasons Diablo disappoints me. I thought Diablo was going to hold me over for a while but my interest plummeted when I hit 60... and I realized all these issues existed (in the video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8CBbeSAjVo

I'm really looking forward to Torchlight 2!
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy crap, Blizzard just BLEW MY MIND. I thought I would try to use the forums to buy some items since you can find some really cheap stuff in there, I was met by a suprise that my account was apparently restricted from posting. If I recall correctly I never upgraded from trial to full and instead I bought it directly, figured their forums thought I was on trial and submitted a ticket. Just got a lovely response from Blizzard Support.

"Unfortunately there is no access with Diablo III licence to forums yet. We are working hard on implementing this in the near future. For now you will be able to post only with full StarCraft II or active World of WarCraft account."

This is a joke right? Can anyone else who don't own SCII or have an active WoW account check if they can post?
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol really?
    just logged in and checked, my wow account was cancelled 18 months ago and yeah without activating it again I cant post on the forums either. Thats so so retarded. They have a really nice looking battle.net player profile website that they havent made live yet too!
    This makes me feel like blizzard have been afflicted with whatever bioware had when they released swtor without all the basic mmo stuff like achievements etc and decided to change their website a few months after launch.
    Brink was the dogs bollocks and they kept talking about a really cool website for ranking your play etc around launch. by the time it was out id gotten bored of the game and didn't make any use of it.
    I can expect it with SWTOR and Brink but Blizz should surely have been able to project this success and delivered these things intime for release?
    Didn't the recent COD game have the same thing?
    I'm looking back now at when Halo 3 came out, that website, if memory serves right, was flawless and ready on the day of release!!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Really enjoying diablo but Im not sure if I ruined the game for myself by getting involved in the auction house. I mean Ive found some decent items in game on normal mode but nothing spectacular up till about lvl24 then I went on the auction house and got myself kitted up with pure awesomeness and now there is nothing in the game that even compares to my gear, so the thrill of loot is partially gone and even diablo couldnt damage me much at all. Still a great game and I love how I can jump in and out so easily and do entire quests so fast.
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    That's not what I was criticizing, I was annoyed at the comment that glass cannon builds should be punished with absurdly high repair bills... it's like saying any build different than you think is optimal should be penalized.

I play a high DPS wizard in Inferno and do quite well. I had to grab an extra defensive ability or two, yes, but I am halfway through A2 right now and have been progressing at a decent pace, albeit slower than Hell.

You know... this is what separated softcore and hardcore in Diablo 2. In softcore, you could make all sorts of cool dps builds. To say that the death penalty was less forgiving in D2 versus D3 would be going a little far (gold didn't matter and once you got XP rushed to 85+ XP didn't matter much). But, in hardcore, you had the thrill of not wanting to die and building around survivability.

The problem with D3 HC for me is how much less forgiving that is. It's even MORE hardcore than hardcore in Diablo 2! (no more chickening out by instantly leaving games and elites that trap you and enrage timer you) So, why have such a huge contrast in difficulty modes? To me, it only makes sense to have 3 bands: soft, medium, hardcore.

Of course, all 3 of these modes would cater to certain types of builds. But, that's sort of the interesting part.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Stuck at Inferno act II Beial (barb tank, 70% damage reduction to everything, 50k health). Get to phase II, but all my skills are on cooldown = death

Monks can tank soooo much better...
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Stuck at Inferno act II Beial (barb tank, 70% damage reduction to everything, 50k health). Get to phase II, but all my skills are on cooldown = death

barbarian is hard /fellow barbarian

Phase 2 is pretty much a dodging game though, so can't you dodge it long enough to regain skills?
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    Woo, just finished nightmare. Kind of interesting, the groups/rare groups of enemies were more difficult than the bosses by a long shot. There was one rare group I gave up on after an hour or so.

The auction house sure is clunky. Why is there a 10 item limit? My barbarian is sitting on vast heaps of int gear.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    If there wasn't the 10 item limit it would be much easier to manipulate the Auction House by buying all available items of a specific type and then reselling them all at your own defined price, and other such shenanigans.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    having a bit of fun - I've limited spoiling the experience by only using the auction house for selling only -

uber monk sqeeeeee
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    The auction house is soo broke. I think I found out how to buy squared and higher gems for nothing. Here's how:

Search for square ruby. If you can't find any look for other high gems until one shows up.
    Increase quantity so minimum price is over 100 gold if need be.
    click buyout
    Buyout should fail
    look in auctions tab
    Ruby should appear in lower table
    click on it and bid.
    It might time out a few times but then it'll disappear
    look in completed it will eventually show up there with all the gold you bidded. It will only be 1 ruby and not the ammount you tried to buy though. Also i'm not exactly sure I get all my money back tbh without adding it all up.

Give it a go and let me know if anyone else can do this.

As for 10 auction limit. Yeah it annoys me as I have a bunch of cool stuff to shift, but I think it would allow me to make vast ammounts of cash if it wasnt limited. I would however like to be able to cancel auctions on poor items in favour of something I have waiting in my inv. Rather than waiting 2days.

EDIT: it would appear that I can't find any gems at all now. Maybe they are fixing it.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    eld wrote: »
    barbarian is hard /fellow barbarian

Phase 2 is pretty much a dodging game though, so can't you dodge it long enough to regain skills?

dodging for 120 sec's is a lonnnngggg time in inferno, I even use the perk to for the cooldowns to be 90secs (using all the ultimate skills)
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf, I can help you kill Belial if you want. But you need to be able to tank.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Tekoppar wrote: »
    Rwolf, I can help you kill Belial if you want. But you need to be able to tank.

I think that will be awhile, my tanking consists of running for my life. I think I hafta rethink my gear setup, I've been going for elemental resists, but seems kinda pointless with no life too live off of.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13

how high is your armour? Warcry with 40% extra armour might be better than impunity if you're using that.
    Instead of revenge, use the charge with dreadnaught for health, combine it with ignore pain + ignorance is bliss or the 7 sec rune.

finally use berserker with insanity and the boon of bul kathos passive (the one that reduces the cooldown by 30 secs)

so your skills should be: warcry with 40% armour boost, Ignore Pain with 20% health or 7 secs, heroic leap with 300% extra armour and berserker rage with insanity, your main attack should be frenzy with sidearm for mobs and the 4% inccrease damage per stack rune for single target, secondary attack should be charge with dreadnaught for the 8% health boost per target hit, it also renders you immune to CC while charging, so time it all.

As a Barbarian you want a good 1 hander, a good shield and stack vit, resist all, armor then strength for inferno. Make sure you have a high base for what skills modify, you'll end up being pretty much unkillable at some point :) other than that it's a dodge game in phase 2 (stunning doesnt work against belial)

Oh and your passives: Boon of Bulkathos for 30sec CD on berserker (otherwise have either superstition or weapon master), tough as nails and nerves of steel.

Uuuh this basically, might help :P
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last night I could only play for 30 minutes before I got bored :S That's not a good sign. Those 3 videos I posted describe everything I've been feeling to the tee.

I think the game is about an 7.5 or 8/10 up until you hit max level. Once you do, it plummits to a 4 or 5/10 for me.

Back to Battlefield and Skyrim!

It's funny that I'm more excited to go home and get back to those two games than I have been to go home and play Diablo beyond that first week.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Skamberin wrote: »
    how high is your armour? Warcry with 40% extra armour might be better than impunity if you're using that.
    Instead of revenge, use the charge with dreadnaught for health, combine it with ignore pain + ignorance is bliss or the 7 sec rune.

finally use berserker with insanity and the boon of bul kathos passive (the one that reduces the cooldown by 30 secs)

so your skills should be: warcry with 40% armour boost, Ignore Pain with 20% health or 7 secs, heroic leap with 300% extra armour and berserker rage with insanity, your main attack should be frenzy with sidearm for mobs and the 4% inccrease damage per stack rune for single target, secondary attack should be charge with dreadnaught for the 8% health boost per target hit, it also renders you immune to CC while charging, so time it all.

As a Barbarian you want a good 1 hander, a good shield and stack vit, resist all, armor then strength for inferno. Make sure you have a high base for what skills modify, you'll end up being pretty much unkillable at some point :) other than that it's a dodge game in phase 2 (stunning doesnt work against belial)

Oh and your passives: Boon of Bulkathos for 30sec CD on berserker (otherwise have either superstition or weapon master), tough as nails and nerves of steel.

Uuuh this basically, might help :P

I'm about 8400 after impunity? warcry, just almost 74% physical resist, w/ 50k life.
    Thinking of getting Str,Vit,Dex with Vit stat as focus

Don't know If I can make the switch to charge vs revenge, Although thanks for that Leap tip, it up's my damage red to 90% for 2.5 secs, Think survivability should be a lil better. 30sec cooldown on ignore pain seems like ages

The rest I'm pretty much on track, can't do much for the 725dps sword without spending millions to get into the 1000dps range. Wish I could trade my shield tho, better for monk 1160 armour, 55 dex, 50 res all.
  • Shaffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last night I could only play for 30 minutes before I got bored :S That's not a good sign. Those 3 videos I posted describe everything I've been feeling to the tee.

I think the game is about an 7.5 or 8/10 up until you hit max level. Once you do, it plummits to a 4 or 5/10 for me.

Back to Battlefield and Skyrim!

It's funny that I'm more excited to go home and get back to those two games than I have been to go home and play Diablo beyond that first week.

I feel the same way, my roommate even plays and wants me to play with him but it just isn't fun for me anymore. I feel like such a downer haha. First week was fun. Getting work done instead.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14

Game is fun till inferno. Stuck at Zoltan forever due to annoying wasps and hydras
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    so... finished "the game" on normal, pretty much breezed through it, almost done breezing through nightmare chapter 1. wizard is pretty OP to be honest.

yes i know it gets harder and everything but i dunno... i guess i was expecting there to be more meat to the game the first time round? i don't understand the concept of having a really short, easy to finish game, which just gets harder each time you do it.

and then there's the crafting system. which is, i guess, designed to be a money sink, because other than that it serves almost no purpose at all... why am i going to break down half decent gear for materials that give me a chance to make... more half decent gear? why randomised stats? i don't get it.

the game is really polished, and well executed art wise. the bosses look fairly cool, and the story was pretty cool, albeit a little predictable. i just have the same feeling i do with every game that has such a HUGE development timescale, team, and budget:

where is the rest of it?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I didn't die until nightmare, and I didn't die a lot until hell, its pretty easy early on :\

Also

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUugzb05bZU&quot;]Play Diablo In StarCraft 2! - YouTube[/ame]
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwofl, I have just upgraded my DPS with 20k to 60k without sharp, and I think I can as long as you can just tank the creeps if they get too close. Gonna try Belial with a friend soon since I'm boosting him, you want in?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

Patch is up, seems like they are trying to fix the inferno problems we've been talking about.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    ZacD, Those notes you posted are for a patch later in the month. Todays patch is 1.02b. Not 1.03