Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Boo oh well, still a step in the right direction.
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    4-6x increase in repair costs? Unless they fix the retarded affixes, the delay, enemies invulnerable during animations or other bullshitting tings I'm leaving this retard boat for TL2.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    They are reducing monster damage when partied though, so at least that's a step in the right direction. But they need to handle the suffix situation for sure. Invulnerable Fast Jailer. In a tight corridor.

I agree with Blizzard that corpserunning mobs shouldn't be the way to play, but the flipside of that is that every boss should be beatable, or at least bypassable (by increasing the respawn ghost mode so you can run out of range for example). Having to leave a game and lose 40 minutes of quest progress because there's one random mob blocking you is retarded.
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's the problem, Blizzard aint addressing the real problem just trying to hide them under the rug. Instead of fixing so people won't need to abuse the corpse run they just simply fix "their" problem and ignore the real one. The only thing this will do is that people will find new ways to bypass broken rares or enemies and then Blizzard will fix that and ignore the real problem again.

I can already foresee the new way of corpse jumping. Raise the death timer? Once the timer gets high enough just simply leave the game and abilities+timer will reset. Raise the repair cost? Just simply corpse run naked.

Voila new way of corpse jumping.

And I don't want easier mobs I steamroll act 1 and 2 with caltrops.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think they should just nerf some modifiers and make others not spawn together. Invulnerable and fast should not go together. Neither should shielding and extra life. Invulnerable should be to physical or to magic, but not both. Nightmarish should not spawn with fast either. Vortex should not spawn with arcane. There are some combos out there which are in step with the difficulty curve, and some rape it and mount it's head over their fireplace. That shouldn't happen.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I think everyone should just quit playing D3 and get pumped for Torchlight 2 :)

There are so many design flaws in D3's late game that it's beyond the point of no return.
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    Browser version of Diablo 3 inferno! (Just hit F5 to respawn)

http://ghetmedia.com/diablo3.php

Apparently Jay Wilson is doing a Q&A today. It'll be interesting to see what kinds of questions he decides to address and which ones are left out.. :poly127:
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    and then get pumped later for grim dawn :)
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok ffs. New patch downloads a corrupted file and stops the update. What the hell. I forgive the lag and issues, but I have to admit they are screwing things up way too much.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Anyone playing Hardcore? I've heard the gear is somewhat better? But other people say no, its the same. But then Ive heard that the game has been balanced differently for hardcore than soft.

Anyone know anything about this?
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I'm playing hardcore now, gear looks the same to me, but then again I'm only in Hell at the moment so everything's still easy.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    dfacto wrote: »
    Ok ffs. New patch downloads a corrupted file and stops the update. What the hell. I forgive the lag and issues, but I have to admit they are screwing things up way too much.

after that I uninstalled it. This updater and launcher cost me too much time and nerves....and I thought the Age of Conan updater was a time wasting piece of ****. Well I got something out of it though - tons of Fraps screenshots of the enviros. Makes you wonder what they did all those years.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    slipsius wrote: »
    Anyone playing Hardcore? I've heard the gear is somewhat better? But other people say no, its the same. But then Ive heard that the game has been balanced differently for hardcore than soft.

Anyone know anything about this?

i have been, and it is a bit better to start. In normal you find armors at the start with 8-10 armor, and in hardcore they're more like 15-20. Need to check again tho to make sure, i could be wrong :) I got to act 2 with my HC monk and died to a stupid slow-swinging mace guy.... grr. Will do better on try #2! :)
  • Leodido
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very disappointed with how Diablo3 turned out, they took everything that made Diablo2 a legendary game and turned it down into a mix of wow and hack and slash. I think Blizzard should stop releasing games and think about what made them so successful in the past. Hint: Watering down games so that it's accessible to more people is not the correct way.

It's a shame I was really expecting something huge from Blizzard but it's obviously not the case, going to uninstall this. I don't really see any point in continuing to play after having a character max level...
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    well my theory is this, they started with some Titan Quest art style (e.g. look at the GDC talk's early models), then around 2005 they figured that it's already pretty outdated and remade the stuff. Then once the single player was ready, someone had the glorious idea to take it all online and make it client-server based. The rest of the time was probably spent polishing... that's my theory ;)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Kwramm wrote: »
    Then once the single player was ready, someone had the glorious idea to take it all online and make it client-server based. The rest of the time was probably spent polishing... that's my theory ;)

Most often when you have a game like diablo or starcraft, you'll see that singleplayer is essentially a client/server architecture running locally.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    playing through inferno, just cleared the butcher...

other than some fairly rediculous combinations of suffixes for blue mobs, i can't really say it's that much more difficult than hell mode so far.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Act 1 Inferno is stupidly easy compared to Act 2, barely made any progress in it so I'm back to Butcher runs for crap loot :(
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    eld wrote: »
    Most often when you have a game like diablo or starcraft, you'll see that singleplayer is essentially a client/server architecture running locally.

locally you don't have to deal with lag. predicton code, or hundreds of clients connecting to one server. Diablo is basically an MMO because they sure have hundreds if not thousands of users running via one of those servers. What's different from an MMO? you're not gonna meet most people at the same time, but yet they're all on the same server. So no, I don't think it's as simple as taking a regular client / server architecture and putting it online.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    oh, 100% it's an mmo. You get automatically added to the general chat when you log in!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Marine wrote: »
    Act 1 Inferno is stupidly easy compared to Act 2, barely made any progress in it so I'm back to Butcher runs for crap loot :(

The difference between hell act 4 and inferno act I is stupid, I could stand in the middle of a pack of blues and yellows in hell and not die. I can easily cruise through act 1. But act 2 is like hitting a brick wall over and over, I can kill some blue packs, but when you have to spend 300k+ to BARELY upgrade one item, it sucks, I'm starting hardcore.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    They are nerfing act 2 3 and 4 for inferno. Changing the ramp up in difficulty. act 1 is where they want it, but the jump to act 2 is redonkulous, so they are making it an easier transition.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Also, any melee wizards here? I've been OWNING shit ever since I came up with a good build for it. I die here and there (nightmare act 2), but for the most part, I own shit. Even giant packs of enemies. And I find it way more fun.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WhXfSQ!abf!abYZZZ

Im only level 44, so I will be upgrading these a bit later.

So, I constantly have ice armour and magic weapon going, I`ll run in, use explosive blast, then diamond skin if / when I need it. Use my explosive blast as often as possible. Once I start dropping health, ill teleport away 2-4 times (with worm hole, you can go up to 4 times if you`re quick enough). By the time the enemies get back to me, I've regen some health from my passive, and my diamond skin is back up. Repeat.

It works awesomely if you have a quick weapon with life steal + life per kill.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    *On average players have created 3 characters each
    *80% of characters are between levels 1 and 30
    *1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty
    *54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
    *The majority of Hardcore deaths (35%) occur in Act I Normal
    *The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7% of level 60 characters of that class (not including Passive diversity)
    *The most used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold, Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog, Wizard: Mirror Skin, Monk: Peaceful Repose, Witch Doctor: Numbing Dart

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    1.9% of characters, not players, so its more like 6% of players have unlocked inferno.
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would rather know how many people have actually gotten to diablo or beaten him in inferno, getting there is the easy part.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'd like to know if any monk or barb has soloed any bosses after act I
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    A friend of mine solo'ed Diablo as a wizard.

And I as a monk duo (with the wizard) to clear Belial and Azmodan.

The hardest part of Belial is when you fight both him and the adds (prior to him changing into his true form) and I think i could go back and do it solo with the standard immune/blind/heal cycles. Overall its just nice to have the buffer of a resurrect as the fight isn't that hard you just can't make mistakes. My stats are on a page previous to this but i was roughly at 50k hp, 400 res and 14k dps.

Azmodan fight is a bit different because his standard attacks aren't anywhere near as telegraphed as they should be given the damage they do, i did practically fuck all during that fight when my skills were on cooldown. The majority of what he does is AoE which is awfully annoying as a melee too.

I'm done with diablo3 though, its a chore to play by the rules in place...
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm at 20k hp and 750+ res and 18k dps still not fun trying ac2.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    I'd like to know if any monk or barb has soloed any bosses after act I

I'm a monk and soloed to Act 4.2 at the moment, can go further probably but I am dying a little too much for it to be fun :p Some elite packs are doable, but some really just aren't fun so I just ragequit and do something else :p

Got about 30k hp, 700 all res, 7k armor, 900 loh, 2.3 aps and 25k dps unbuffed/no mantras

Act 2 is as easy as act 1 used to be. And act 3 is much like act 4, depends on the types of elites.
    Azmodan was actually fairly challenging, took more than 1 try which was unusual for a boss.

I'm now dual wielding on act 3, got about 30k dps and 1.2k loh and 2.5 aps. Doable, but noticeably squishier. But even with a shield I was squishy anyway, so might as well have the increased dps, especially with this playstyle that entirely relies on serenity/blind/fear to do anything -.-
    Once those 3 are on cooldown, I gotta run around for 5 secs OR pray I get super lucky with the dodges ~ Oh, and potion. Most the times when I die, I can't react quick enough to pot anyway. And when I can react quick enough to pot, theres no need to because LoH would do.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    How much does each item of gear cost for you, I feel like I hit a price wall, it costs 300k+ to barely upgrade 1 item.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Between 1-5mill~ Depends how lucky I get at logging into the AH at the right times :s

I've gotten about 5 drops that sold for 1-4mill and a bunch that sells for 500k, and a lot for 150k ish.
    And surprisingly, this 6-stat helm recipe I've got has been rather profitable. Salvaging all lvl 60 items to get reagents... it costs roughly 130k to make the helm (including the sale price of the reagents, if I were to sell them), and most sell for 150-500k. Got lucky with a couple that sold for 1-2mill.
    Overall I must have made over 6 mill just making those helms so far.

Since I'm spamming useless playing stats; I've found 6 legendaries so far, 5 of which were completely useless :D
    Still managed to sell a couple of them for like 100k though.
    1 was an okayish Nataylas ring, sold for 1m.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    If you were on the US server I'd ask if you'd craft me some helms if I gave you the supplies X(
    My biggest sell was a belt for 200k and a chest piece for 500k. I think my Seven Sins legendary is worth ~2 mil, not sure if I should sell it though
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ZacD for me as a DH all of my items seems to range from 4mil-250mil IF and IF i want a decent upgrade. I can get cheaper items that are upgrades but that would be like +2 dex and I don't feel like paying 400-3mil for that. Biggest sell I had is a sword for 2,5mil. Else I'm flooding AH with items from 2,5-10k.

If you want quick money, sell inferno crafting materials. I made 2mil last night selling those.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    slipsius wrote: »
    oh, 100% it's an mmo. You get automatically added to the general chat when you log in!

That was there quick fix for ppl who would disconnect after 2-5 min of play... all the time...
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The real money AH failed before it began.

Honestly, if it is not taken out, the game is ruined. Simple as that.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    who the fuck pays for that shit??
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ive been watching some live streams lately. Kungen and Kripp. Kripp was asking his viewers who had spent money, and some of the guys had spent over $5,000!!!!! Got gear for 6 guys....

WTF is wrong with people?!?!??! The GAME is to find loot. That's what the game is all about! There isnt any pvp, and RMAH is only for softcore. So you could run in, do a bit of damage, die and run back till they die. You can always find better loot. Once you beat the game, which becomes soooo much easier with amazing loot, then all that money went down the drain. Yes, you can try and sell it back, but costs are gonna drop hardcore, and FAST!

The ONLY reason I can think of anyone paying $250 for an item is so that they can farm easier to sell all the stuff they find. Make their money back, then some. But even so.... wtf!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I got 17 million gold :) Wish it would let me sell it.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    kdJZU.png

Think this will sell?
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Well my bro sent in the request for the 30 day refund. The new "game creation limit" he can't even play anymore since he's forced pretty much to farm since he's in actIV inferno (he's locked out after a few runs). This is suppose to limit server strain, but I have had 800+ms lag all day since the patch.

Blizzard is getting more retarded with every patch sadly
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    kdJZU.png

Think this will sell?

$150 I would say.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I suppose that refund is only from a store? If it's available on the battle.net store I'd go for it to be honest. For 60 euro I got ripped off.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    dfacto wrote: »
    I suppose that refund is only from a store? If it's available on the battle.net store I'd go for it to be honest. For 60 euro I got ripped off.

Not sure for retail, but he bought it off bnet, and they have a 30 day customer satisfaction policy of some sort.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    The RMAH definitely needs some time to normalize, I'm more intrigued than pissed of though.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    RMAH delayed for 2 days in EU?
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So glorious. I hope they sell and all the lil' fat basement virgins will never have to venture out into the world and get real jobs and Blizzard will never have to ship another game again. Maybe someone has finally found the solution to the US economic crisis.

Sorry, I seriously cannot stop laughing.

Oooh, insulting people who don't think like you. You are so cool.
    There are many people with more money than time, RMAH makes sense. I'm surprised people in a community that is directly linked with the games industry fails to acknowledge stuff like this.

Buying stuff with real money might ruin the game for you personally. You know what the solution to that is? Don't buy stuff with real money. There, the game is now exactly the same as it was before and you can play it the same way. Your friends can do the same, and you can all play together, knowing that none of them are "fat little virgins with no life".

The better question is, why does the inclusion of real money even bother people? Why must you feel the need to compare yourself with other players?
    The current "end game" is not "broken" at all. Auction housing was the end game before, and now, it still is.

That doesn't mean I like it by the way, I think it is a terrible gameplay design.
    They did it better in WoW, where the "best" loots were ones you had to actually play the game to earn. Or at least that's how WoW was when I was still playing.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    RexM wrote: »
    the game is ruined. Simple as that.

There we have it folks, certainly Diablo 3 is slowly killing the entire diablo.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    ZacD, that necklace would sell for 250 EASILY! People are stupid right now. Throw it up (or give it to me (please?)!!!!! holy F)