Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, so this game just stops being fun towards the end of nightmare. It's just kiting blue mobs around and dodging meteors for 20 minutes, only to do it again after 5 steps. How the hell did they go from Diablo 2 to this? :/
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Managed to get the game working after messing about with the launcher and a few restarts. Currently Lvl 50 and just reached Izual on Nightmare, most of the bosses all fight the same, not much variation in them. Thought they'd have more attacks on different difficulties, but not seen much so far.
    Lag is also starting to piss me of so much in this game, so many times I've been hammering Q and died because it never responds fast enough. No incentive to try a Hardcore character with this lag.
    Also just noticed as well that most magical (blue) items seem to carry better stats than the rare items.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugghh sleep,

lv60 barbarian
    lv60 monk
    lv50 something demon hunter,

like the barbar best so far, time to chew through inferno :D
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    I like whatever patch they did just made my game go from running really smooth to lagging to 2FPS for 5-10 seconds after going through any portal or waypoint. Really awesome when I'm in Inferno when my screen finally continues responding and I'm dead.

My computer is a beast, and it was working fine before the patch. What.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    barbarian is sooo much fun :) I played with few workmates and a few fellow polycounters this weekend and it was a blast. Great game!

question: how does buyout work? cause I bought something for 10000 and it says I got it in the completed page but I dont have any new item in my stash or anything and I cant click on in in the completed page...sooo whats the deal?
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Ged wrote: »
    barbarian is sooo much fun :) I played with few workmates and a few fellow polycounters this weekend and it was a blast. Great game!

question: how does buyout work? cause I bought something for 10000 and it says I got it in the completed page but I dont have any new item in my stash or anything and I cant click on in in the completed page...sooo whats the deal?

Hmm. Well it should be on the complete page and you have to send it to stash from there. Which is quite annoying. I don't know whats happening in your case. maybe its just very laggy.

Buying Gems is a nightmare though. Keeps saying it times out or the order doesn't go through but then it actually does a few minutes later. Bought a lot more gems than I needed trying to get it to go through.
  • Shaffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol on the gems, I haven't had that problem although I don't understand how the gems are sold. Lowest price first out? LIFO? FIFO? What is the inventory practice. Been taking it easy since I think I overdid it and that's coming from someone who's used to MMO launches. Rens you have to have gotten your fix by now.

My ping is almost always 2-300 and I have been lagging even worse the past week playing sparingly in the middle of the night after my roommate gets out of his night shift.

Where my Chicago servers at?

Side Note: I officially hate auction houses because of this game
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    Ged wrote: »

I had the same problem, it took a good day before i could send items to my stash. On further investigation it looks like the Auction house has some nasty bugs, I think blizzard are in some cases disabling features while larger bugs are fixed (auction house dupe bug for example).
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I think there will be some issues when a thousand persons try to buy the same item, which has happened to me a few times, most often I get stuck in a "buying item" window and later on find out the item was sold to someone else.

:(
  • wildmax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cant wait to get to hardcore lvl 60, but for now just inferno act 2 on Monk :)

d3_inferno.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm still working on getting my monk ready for act 1 inferno, die way too much, can only solo a few blues :(
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    v7SZb.png
    CB2dE.png

Had to edit the armor cause it doesn't count my passives.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Good luck ZacD! With the gear i've got Act I is a piece of cake and it's only now at a point where Act II is passable... Act III rare packs still fistfuck me though. Think i'll call it a day pretty soon as a couple of friends have cleared Diablo on inferno.

monkactIIgear.jpg
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Monk seems popular. :P How you guys finding him after the nerf?
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    what got nerfed?
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats some awesome armor ZacD. I'm sporting a 600dps 2 hander for a 10k dps rating but my dex is low and my restistance is non existant.
    Met a monk yesterday with a 1100dps fist weapon and a shield, he seemed to glide through everything.
    My biggest problem with the game is that now I can nolonger afford to do anything on ah and cant progress in inferno without a strong group of 4. Feel frozen out of the game.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271780011#1

Apparently 10 times over it's budget. Don't know how that one coulda got through. :P
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    tupwick wrote: »
    Thats some awesome armor ZacD. I'm sporting a 600dps 2 hander for a 10k dps rating but my dex is low and my restistance is non existant.
    Met a monk yesterday with a 1100dps fist weapon and a shield, he seemed to glide through everything.
    My biggest problem with the game is that now I can nolonger afford to do anything on ah and cant progress in inferno without a strong group of 4. Feel frozen out of the game.

Farm for gold in hell? You know at level 60 you get that magic and gold find buff in any difficulty. I spent like 300k at most on all my items together.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Ark, like i said a few pages ago its a stupid comment to make by people that haven't done the math on the skill. I've got good gear and that skill pre nerf would give me a 7500 damage shield... I still get hit for 20-30k normal hits, Belial would hit me for between 45-50k damage.

The skill was good and potentially really good once people have even better gear than I do, but im in the minority as is so why they saw it as a problem is beyond me.

Overall the design choices in diablo are pretty fucked hence the massive list of things they need to address with patches.

p.s. Monk is basically Final fantasy 7 with a skill rotation and a 6~ second window where by I have a 34% chance to live or die.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    In nightmare I'd gain enough spirit every 2 seconds to recast the healing shield mantra, so invu mode.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173

Big changes comming, fixing the black smith to be more viable, buffing legendary items, tweaking the damage spikes in inferno.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Damage spikes are a problem in general, not just Inferno. I was dropping dead left and right as soon as I stepped into Nightmare.

What really blows about that is that even in Nightmare I was doing fine 90% of the time. But then randomly there would be some mob that would insta-kill our group. Just huge spikes in damage for no apparent reason.
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    claydough wrote: »
    Strange that one of my favorite gaming devloper entities is a community forum?

Where when devs do not have enough love for their own games to support them in glorious full 3d/surround/eyefinity multi-monitor peripheral stereoscopic GLORY! ( who knew so many cyclops had final say? )
    Reminds me of how the Beatles engineer had to fight for stereo recording when stereo was not yet widely adopted. And how frustrating it must have been back then to be an audiophile with a good set of headphones?

Never fear! Dopefish and Helifax's new plug-in for the widescreen fixer can be downloaded from the WSGF forums!

If you have a multi-monitor 3dvision surround set-up you probably noticed save some offscreen artifacts that multi monitor in DIABLO 3 could be quite EPIC! ( Even found that the chat ui and map was welcome for me being on the outer monitors as those elements would annoy me quickly if centered... and I could quickly refer to the map on the center mnitor with the TAB toggle ) Otherwise the most important HUD elements were centered ( in my opinion ).
    However...
    The only way before this fix to enjoy multi-monitor was with the windowed full screen mode. Only problem was that 3dvision would not be supported in this mode.

The Helifax plug in allows Diablo III to be converted to multi monitor resolutions after the game is started in fullscreen mode! ( effectively bypassing the windowed constraint! )

Joy!

downloads and appropiate threads:

Link to the WSGF fix: ( note: you apply the widescreen fixer in fullscreen mode not fullscreen windowed to get 3dvision and multi-monitor! )

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/diablo-iii/en

http://img.wsgf.org/f/u/Plugin.Diablo 3.rar

https://www.widescreenfixer.org/

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/9066/diablo-three?page=5

glory: ( change the jpg extension to.jps for automatic 3D Vision Photo Viewer opening )
    Nvidia_3D_vision_Surround_example.jpg

Yay, I finally finished after 43 hours or so!

I'm done with the single player game and ready to play some multiplayer. My barbarian is level 33 if anyone feels the need to slum it. devilfart#1830
  • crazyfingers
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Just gotta know how to play melee...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSPXz8gVKo"]Barbarian Inferno Viability - YouTube[/ame]
  • tupwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol hilarious crazyfingers
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    What's up with there being all sorts of secret stats and modifiers and shit like that?

I just watched that Barb video and that guy's other videos and realized my build is all wrong. How am I supposed to know that stuff in-game?
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a problem blizzard has. They never give you the percentages and hard stat points in game, so you always have to dig around wikis and sites for the numbers. Makes playing really messed up since you're just spamming and eyeballing what does more damage.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Yeah its very weird how 2 handers vs 1 handers work. 2 one handers give you +15% attack speed, I'm not sure it if averages your the 2 weapons speeds. Faster attack speed matters for casters as well, it affects the speed of the casting animation, but only for some spells. But more damage is more important cause you'll hit harder.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I feel like slower, harder hitting is better for casters. Think of the Wizard for example. If you have 100 resource and each orb costs 25, you can only cast 4.

If you have faster but weaker hits, then you will cast 4 orbs very quickly that don't hit very hard, where as if you have a stronger 2h weapon you will cast 4 orbs that hit much harder.

I think for it to be balanced, spells when using two 1 handers would have to be slightly cheaper in cost.
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've found it also depends on which spells you are using.. As a witch doctor, I have dire bat and zombie bears which are better to cast with a harder hitting, slow 2-hander due to mana costs, while my darts or rain of frogs is much more efficient with a lot of attack speed because they cost hardly any mana.

My darts with the splinters rune is essentially a machine gun. This helps with chance on hit, life steal{and HP on hit), and just general interrupting mobs, which is huge in inferno for WD kiting.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    act two inferno .. ffs.. gg blizzard.
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    fffff, autologged into a general chat channel now. I know I just have to type /leave but that left a really bad taste in my mouth.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    people were complaining there wasn't any chat channels, I feel like blizzard just did that to show people the feature is there.
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    The main issue is there's no custom/private chat channels. Last I remember it took them a year or two to implement it into SC2.

Seems like a fairly straight forward thing to implement but I suppose with all the other bullshit going on they're focusing on that.
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    So I wanted to stave off reflexively berating the always-connected singleplayer - figured, try it first, right?

Well, it's really fucking hard to judge a game when I keep getting random disconnects during single-player sessions - and my connection isn't the issue.

Although since about everyone and their grandma bought this, I might as well be criticizing a brick wall. Blizzard just legitimized this system to the very people that are going to be responsible for deciding just what newly-concocted nonsense shackles any future games going forward.

Also, I am with Justin on the general chat thing. I do not want to hear little kids bitching about metagame by default on logon when trying to get immersed.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If anyone wants to play, my tag thingy is DeluxeWalrus #1331
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    aivanov wrote: »
    Although since about everyone and their grandma bought this, I might as well be criticizing a brick wall. Blizzard just legitimized this system to the very people that are going to be responsible for deciding just what newly-concocted nonsense shackles any future games going forward.

At the same time it is good that it is blizzard, they have a track record of keeping battle.net alive for older games even if a sequel has been released.

They're far from the first from making their game online only though.
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    Just gotta know how to play melee...

Barbarian Inferno Viability - YouTube

This was actually very helpful :)
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    eld wrote: »
    They're far from the first from making their game online only though.

I would have no issue with the system if the game was meant to be a genuine MMO. But it's not? No?

I won't bother re-treading the same arguments, as I'm sure everyone here has heard them before; Blizzard's designers certainly have, and chosen to ignore them.

The greater issue is that everyone (i.e. the publishers) will start doing this (hell, they *have* started).
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    The greater issue is that everyone (i.e. the publishers) will start doing this (hell, they *have* started).

If they have a good reason for it; path of exile anyone?

Again: the reason behind every backlash at it is that diablo as a series has had a singleplayer mode, no matter how big and popular the online was.
  • moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    I would have no issue with the system if the game was meant to be a genuine MMO. But it's not? No?

I won't bother re-treading the same arguments, as I'm sure everyone here has heard them before; Blizzard's designers certainly have, and chosen to ignore them.

GGWVn.gif
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't bother arguing about it anymore. Blizzard just made bank and the always-online model is in. Except for pirates. Yar.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Well... finally got around to finishing the game... and i have to say, i was kinda disappointed in Act 4.... very low atmosphere compared to the rest of the game. I still enjoyed it, and the last battle was pretty epic. But i have to say that not having hell was a let down. I still enjoyed the game and i really like the art book and playing with other people. Now running through Nightmare.

Also... the story was kind of weak.... it started pretty good... then it kinda wrapped up very fast. AND! the cinematics are phenomenal!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    After talking to all the companions, I kind of want an expansion that finishes up their stories.

I also bumped into a necromancer on my nightmare playthrough in ACT II, and he mentioned defeating a great evil in his past - hey it's the DII Necromancer!
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    After talking to all the companions, I kind of want an expansion that finishes up their stories.

I also bumped into a necromancer on my nightmare playthrough in ACT II, and he mentioned defeating a great evil in his past - hey it's the DII Necromancer!

Yeah! i met him as well. That was pretty cool. I do agree that i wish the companions had more of a side quest you could explore, and not just them telling you about their pasts.
  • percydaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ive just finished up normal mode, and am starting nightmare mode. I'd like to get the most out of the game so am looking for people to play with. My gamer tag is percydaman#1512. Hit me up if you want to team up or something.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Yeah! i met him as well. That was pretty cool. I do agree that i wish the companions had more of a side quest you could explore, and not just them telling you about their pasts.

Hmm... whut?
    Theres the D2 necromancers apprentice that needs help mopping up some ghosts in act 2 but the D2 necromancer himself? Where was this? :D
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I think there is only one Necromancer (excluding JEYONDARRR)... his master was actually the Necro from D2, saying that his master defeated the great evil.