Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    You play it again on harder difficulties since you get better loot and unique / legendary plans for crafting start dropping as well. There are also legendary gems now and champions / elite packs start getting more difficult and son.

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    You don't actually get better gear on harder difficulties. You just get more legendary drops.

But ya, the whole point is to just min/max your character. Make it the strongest possible. Find new hear that increases your damage or armour ever so slightly so you can go a little bit further, over and over.

Or, the TL:DR of it is the whole point of it is to kill... SO MUCH KILLING! 

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    PyrZern said:
    .... What do ppl actually do in this game after they beat the big boss ? The concept escapes me.
    You basically try to make your character as powerful as possible, and search for harder fights to challenge the character.
    It's the same sort of reason players try to solo raid bosses in Warcraft, made into the game's primary focus.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    I've jumped back into the game for Season 5 after not playing for a long while. Some really nice changes and loving discovering new fun builds along the way. Currently playing an explosive blast Wizard which, when I get a few more specific items should be able to cut through rifts like butter!

Kinda like this (game breaking build) but a lot lower level and with different gear and skills.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmJnPTdkgeI
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ha, I was just looking at that build, stinger. Looks fun! I play WD and DH though, so I haven't got a chance to try it... 
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    Well, I just convinced the lady of the house to play it (and the expansion) for the first time. She liked it, we made it to the expansion, but she refuses to play the final chapter because she doesn't want it to end (... logic... don't ask). I don't think she's the type to want to replay something on harder difficulties. It's been fun though, I'm too jaded so D3 was just "another Diablo" to me (good but nothing I'd rave about) but since it's her first, she was pretty floored.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    ironbelly said:
    Well, I just convinced the lady of the house to play it (and the expansion) for the first time. She liked it, we made it to the expansion, but she refuses to play the final chapter because she doesn't want it to end (... logic... don't ask). I don't think she's the type to want to replay something on harder difficulties. It's been fun though, I'm too jaded so D3 was just "another Diablo" to me (good but nothing I'd rave about) but since it's her first, she was pretty floored.
    She's missing out on adventure mode
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I just started on a wizard as well on season 5, and damn I miss vault, been playing demon hunter for so long, that getting from one place to another is a pain, hehe. Need teleport unlocked soon! Is black hole one of the main dps for wizard?
  • CandyStripes05
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    Can I haz Expansion?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Man. Love all the changes they announced at blizzcon. Love that necro is coming. But I`m still feeling a bit meh about it all. They dont seem to have anything substantial coming that will add replay value. Like, adding 2 zones is cool, but its still the same gameplay over and over. Nothing to really work towards, especially since you get full sets really easily now. When a season starts, you can be farming T13 within a day, if you try. 

Would really love if they introduced daily/weekly/monthly quests. Or even a seasonal quest. Something to work towards in your daily grind. Something to give you a reason to play every day. Like, grinding daily quests to get that super amazing piece of equipment. Something that takes a long time to get, that at the end of the season, only the top 10% have it or something. A piece of loot that you have to craft, rather than a random chance of getting it.  

RNG has always been a staple in Diablo. For sure. But so were loot tables. Get rid of the loot tables and you kind need something else, I think. something to focus your energy on.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Yeah. After initial hype for Necro i'm a bit disappointed as well. Especially as the release of Necro isn't till late next year... They should have postponed the announcement or something.

Going to give Path of Exile a try for a while. Have heard good things about it. And that Skill tree looks like a lot of fun!
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    PoE is a pretty great game, a lot of it is what people wanted from Diablo 3 initially, so it's a refreshing experience.  Definitely very grind-y, and IMO doesnt have -as- much polish, but that is to be expected when comparing any game to a Blizzard game.  

That being said, the Necro was pretty fun.  Got in line to try him out a few times at Blizzcon, and had a ton of fun every play through of the demo.  I can see how a lot of people would very quickly associate the necromancer's skillset to a Witch Doctor though.  Excited for the content, but like others have said already, I was really wishing for a lot more.